PDA

View Full Version : How high can Pierce go?

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Toward the end of the year she's been playing (and looking) more like the Mary Pierce of old. How high will she climb in the rankings in 2004?

switz
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:26 PM
if works really hard over the off-season, which i suspect she will, i believe she will start next year with all guns blazing and do some serious damage at the australian open providing she gets a decent draw. on rebound ace there is really nobody outside the top 6 who would beat her (excluding venus and monica) when she is playing well.

i think if injuries stay away (big if i know) she could be in the top 10 sooner than people think

Kart
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Top ten if she stays injury free which always seems to be the issue these days :(.

She had moments today when she played really well :yeah:.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Quote: "how high can Peirce go"

Depends on what she is smoking and where she gets her shit... :scared: :bolt:

Rtael
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Hopefully not from you...we don't want her tripping out that much....

bandabou
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:07 AM
I think Mary should be top 20 at least, but that is injury-free and in shape....can she do that?!

Rothes
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:09 AM
Top 15 I think is a good goal for this year, anything more say top 10 is a good achievment, for this she'll need to be physicially consistent and try not to carry injuries ;) :(

hey_britney
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:13 AM
she just needs to try not to backslide. i thought it was all over at wimbledon when she dropped to #80 or so .... but she's proven resilient, and finishing #33 from that start is not half bad. more encouragingly, she got her biggest win since the 2000 french when she beat capriati in filderstadt. it was also the first time she played indoors during the fall since .... 1999? so she was healthy for a good portion of the year. she doesn't have that much to defend early next year ... but i say she's just as likely to backslide as to press further.

Rtael
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:19 AM
she just needs to try not to backslide. i thought it was all over at wimbledon when she dropped to #80 or so .... but she's proven resilient, and finishing #33 from that start is not half bad. more encouragingly, she got her biggest win since the 2000 french when she beat capriati in filderstadt. it was also the first time she played indoors during the fall since .... 1999? so she was healthy for a good portion of the year. she doesn't have that much to defend early next year ... but i say she's just as likely to backslide as to press further.

Are you, by any chance, Britney Spears?

bandabou
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:20 AM
The Blonde hairdo is strikingly alike, huh?!

mboyle
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:39 AM
She has the power and the intelligence, but the lack of speed will keep her from the top 5 again. I say she will hang between 8 and 12 if she is healthy.:)

bandabou
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:42 AM
Yep...if you take the top 5 and compare them to Pierce...she may be equal in power, but in the speed department she may be worse than Davenport.

hey_britney
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:47 AM
Are you, by any chance, Britney Spears?

are you, by chance, a huge moron?

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 21st, 2003, 01:53 PM
Hopefully not from you...we don't want her tripping out that much....

:angel: Ask Trish...thats how she got to be a wack job... :lol: :tape:

NicoMary
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:17 PM
Toward the end of the year she's been playing (and looking) more like the Mary Pierce of old. How high will she climb in the rankings in 2004?

Top 15 would be a good mid season goal :worship: top 10 (7,8,9,10) could be an amazing performance for the end of 2004 :) :hearts: :bounce:

mauresmofan
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:31 PM
*agrees with Nicolas*
I recon top 15 by April and then aim for the top 10 - when she's on there are very few who can live with her outrageous shots on the court!

Tompier
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:15 PM
Top 10 is for sure for Mary, but all She has to do is work hard and stay healthy. Time goes by and unfortunately there is no much time left for my French Queen. I hope She continues good work for at least 3 years. But with her power and experience She is one of the Best.
:bounce: GO MARY :bounce:

Andrew.
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:27 PM
I predict that if Mary can stay healthy (big if, I know) then she will be in the top 10 by the end of 2004. I mean, she beat Zvonareva yesterday. She really can get back up there.

jenny161185
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:18 PM
I think she can get into the top ten at eight or nine - as everyone has said if she gets fitter and stays injury free - Love to see her back at top level though shes had a very rough ride