um

returns of serve.

I'll start with Serena. :cool:

Daniel
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Davenport :yeah:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:50 AM
justine. surprisingly, she returns the faster serve better and has problems with the slow serves like kapros and dementieva!

-Ph51-
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:57 AM
um

returns of serve.

I'll start with Serena. :cool:
:lol:

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Serena...better make sure you hit a GOOD first serve, because she´ll attack even the first one. and don´t even BOTHER hitting a second, because you´re DEATH!

skanky~skanketta
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:03 AM
bandy, its "you're deaD." but yeah. i agree. she hits winners of the FIRST serve!against VENUS!

azza
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Bjorkman and Agassi

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:31 AM
bandy, its "you're deaD." but yeah. i agree. she hits winners of the FIRST serve!against VENUS!

Oopppss! My bad!

R&J
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Biggest return? Agassi and Seles

SJW
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:51 PM
justine. surprisingly, she returns the faster serve better and has problems with the slow serves like kapros and dementieva!

:confused:

she hits the squash shot too often against big serves to be considered "big"

CapFan#1
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Agassi, Serena, Cappy, Seles, Federer

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Justine ain´t no big returner. I´ve never seen her do with Venu´s FIRST serve, what Serena did with it at the Oz open.

Justine´s more of a block-returner.

pigam
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:59 PM
I agree Justine isn't the biggest returner. But a block return can be very effective! Look at Cappy-Henin, Serena-Henin ...

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Justine´s return doesn´t hurt Serena....it´s just that Serena doesn´t understand that on clay you have to be PATIENT!

pav
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Is Dokic up there when She's in the mood?

fried_beans
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Seles

Tompier
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:41 PM
PIERCE for sure

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Serena...better make sure you hit a GOOD first serve, because she´ll attack even the first one. and don´t even BOTHER hitting a second, because you´re DEATH!

like the RG semifinal where for the most part of the second set Justine did not lose a single point on her second serve? And in the enitre match IIRC won more points on her second serve than on her first?

Serena does have a big return but don't make these grandiose statements by overlooking certain matches.

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Serena, Venus, Capriati, Davenport(sometimes)

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:56 PM
like the RG semifinal where for the most part of the second set Justine did not lose a single point on her second serve? And in the enitre match IIRC won more points on her second serve than on her first?

Serena does have a big return but don't make these grandiose statements by overlooking certain matches.You seriously need to get a new match to talk about.

SJW
Nov 20th, 2003, 04:59 PM
You seriously need to get a new match to talk about.

and they tell US to stop bringing up that match....

fried_beans
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Serena has a huge return ...remember that match against Davenport at Family Circle?

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:09 PM
You seriously need to get a new match to talk about.

that was the last match serena lost. should i talk about how poor her game is in a match she won?

SJW
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:11 PM
that was the last match serena lost. should i talk about how poor her game is in a match she won?

you're so petty it wouldn't surprise me

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Hey shap....everybody has an off-day once in a while....but in generally speaking. Serena absolutely destroys ANY serve on the return, specially the second serves.

SerenaSlam
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:13 PM
i pesonally think serena is the only one out there right now that actually takes a "swing" at the returns of serve. If you watch her against ere one, including venus, she actually takes a full swing. Venus does the same, but more often she is blocking back. Lindsay is always blocking back against the big serves, jennifer as well.

When ere ones returns are on, serena has the best return of serve w/out a doubt.

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:16 PM
Didn´t Justine lose her last two matches after becoming no.1 or is it just me?!

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Didn´t Justine lose her last two matches after becoming no.1 or is it just me?!

ok...

you make these grand statements about how against serena you second serve is going to be absolutely demolished and i bring up an actual match where that wasn't the case. wtf is your problem????

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:19 PM
you're so petty it wouldn't surprise me

that's right...keep telling yourself that.

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:23 PM
ok...

you make these grand statements about how against serena you second serve is going to be absolutely demolished and i bring up an actual match where that wasn't the case. wtf is your problem????

I don´t have a problem...because of course on clay the serve is less atackable. Think, Serena goes for the winner on the return of the secon-serve. But clay being clay, the ball doesn´t skid as fast, so Justine gets time to react and ends up winning the point.

Gotta do more with the surface, than anything else.

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:25 PM
so what does that have anything to do with you bringing up the whole justine and no.1 thing? i honestly do not understand the correlation.

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:27 PM

You say Justine was winning more on her second serve. Wouldn't that say that Serena was reutrning well on Justine's first serve?? Serena's game or return is not poor at all so I don't know what you are talking about. We all know why Justine won that match because Serena was cruising and Justine couldn't stop her, without a little outside help.

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:32 PM
You say Justine was winning more on her second serve. Wouldn't that say that Serena was reutrning well on Justine's first serve?? Serena's game or return is not poor at all so I don't know what you are talking about. We all know why Justine won that match because Serena was cruising and Justine couldn't stop her, without a little outside help.

alright. i didn't mean to say 'poor'. serena's return of serve is great. but bandabou over there made a comment about how serena always attacks the second serve and demolishes it but it didn't happen at rg.

:rolleyes: @ you little outside help comment.

NicoMary
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:34 PM
Pierce :worship: , Seles :worship: , Kournikova :worship:

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:37 PM
alright. i didn't mean to say 'poor'. serena's return of serve is great. but bandabou over there made a comment about how serena always attacks the second serve and demolishes it but it didn't happen at rg.

:rolleyes: @ you little outside help comment.

I'm sure she attacked it, but that doesn't mean she didn't miss the returns.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:38 PM

You better shut up.....:lol: U aint lying cuz if u send ANYTHING over that net slow and half assed....Venus and Serena KILLIN' IT!!!!! Capriati can slap a few good ones too now. Oh and NICOLAS CIZERON...I know you just didn't say Kournikova!!!! She coulnd't hit a balloon hard on a 3rd serve. :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Oh and shap about that outside help comment, am I lying??

I see you only rolled your eyes.

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:46 PM
Oh and shap about that outside help comment, am I lying??

I see you only rolled your eyes.

do you really want to start another arguement over this?

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Shap, you said that Serena lost the match against Justine because of second-serve returning....so what happened to all those matches Justine lost?! What happened to her big return there?!

Anyone can have a day when something is off....

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 05:48 PM
do you really want to start another arguement over this?

No, I think you know the truth.

shap_half
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Shap, you said that Serena lost the match against Justine because of second-serve returning....so what happened to all those matches Justine lost?! What happened to her big return there?!

Anyone can have a day when something is off....

no i didn't. i never said that that was the reason serena lost nor did i make any allusion to justine's return either. now you're just putting words in my mouth.

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:11 PM
no i didn't. i never said that that was the reason serena lost nor did i make any allusion to justine's return either. now you're just putting words in my mouth.

O.k...I thought because you said something like: At RG or Charleston Justine didn´t lose a point on second-serve....I thought you meant to say that Serena´s return wasn´t good and stuff. Thus that Justine´s was better.

GoDominique
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Beate Reinstadler.

Andrew.
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:56 PM
All of the tennis commentators say that Davenport is one of the elite returns of the game, and one of the best ever.

Martian Willow
Nov 20th, 2003, 06:57 PM
i pesonally think serena is the only one out there right now that actually takes a "swing" at the returns of serve. If you watch her against ere one, including venus, she actually takes a full swing. Venus does the same, but more often she is blocking back. Lindsay is always blocking back against the big serves, jennifer as well.

...a) that isn't true...and b) long backswings do not neccessarily equal good returns...see Agassi for proof... :)

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Serena to me is the best or most dangerous, because she tries to go for the winner imediately. If your serve ain´t good, you´re gonna get creamed for sure by Serena´s return.

drapero
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:16 PM
The thread starter wasn't realy thinking about service returns.

My answer: Mary Pierce

UDiTY
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Definitely Serena has the most agressive return, on both first and second serves.

Lindsay and Cappy have good consistent deep returns of serve.

ALso, I definitely think Justine should be in this list, I have seen her hit return winners off of Lindsay, Kim, Serena, and VEnus' second serves. In her match against Kim at the Acura she returned particularly well. Also on clay her backhand return down the line on the ad side is incredible..... :p

firefly_ac
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:42 PM
what about the biggest assets??
Lol! Definetely 1.Serena 2.Mary Pierce 3.Dokic 4.Iroda Tulyaganova 5.Vera Z...Hee. . .

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 07:45 PM
Hahahaa.....now if it is about THAT list, then Justine doesn´t come close! ;) :lol:

faboozadoo15
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:18 PM
seles, serena, venus, davenport. jenn, jelena
agassi, federer....

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:30 PM
:angel:

A level down from Serena, admittedly, but Anna Kournikova does return serve well. There are other players worth mentioning surely. Don't make this just another Serena vs Justine thing.

Martian KC
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:35 PM
The only ones that seem petty are willifans. Just accept the fact that other people have different opinions. Justine has a big return. DEAL WITH IT!

Knizzle
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:54 PM
The only ones that seem petty are willifans. Just accept the fact that other people have different opinions. Justine has a big return. DEAL WITH IT!

"Willifans" is your favorite word isn't it. I knew before I ever looked at your post that somewhere in the post there would be the word "willifans", you are really obsessed aren't you.

Martian KC
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Nope, I'm more obsessed with their stupidity.:)

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:56 PM
No one said Justine can´t return...but her return isn´t better than Serena´s. That doesn´t mean Justine can´t return.

Martian KC
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:11 AM
Who said it had to be bigger than serenas? The title reads players with biggest. That's plural, if you're wondering.

bandabou
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:19 AM
You sure wanna play the word-game,huh?! O.k., you´re right....but I really got the distinct feeling you meant to say Justine´s was bigger than Serena´s .

Rothes
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:50 AM
Seles in her prime, Serena and Peirce.
Adriana Gersi from Czech Republic also used to have a good return, so did Maksizm Mrvica (Pol retired in 1984) and Klaudia Khode-Kilsch ;)

Erdinger
Nov 21st, 2003, 12:55 AM
Beate Reinstadler.
LOL! :cool:

Knizzle
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:03 AM
Who said it had to be bigger than serenas? The title reads players with biggest. That's plural, if you're wondering.

Justine really isn't one of the players with a great return. It's good, but not great.

madZonna
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:30 AM
Beate Reinstadler.

pfft, stuffer :rolleyes:

unlike "that thing", I am all WHOAman!

disposablehero
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:37 AM
Monica Seles. First serve, second serve, pick a player, pick a surface. She will hit return winners.

Knizzle
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:38 AM
Monica Seles. First serve, second serve, pick a player, pick a surface. She will hit return winners.

Venus Williams, ON GRASS!!

They have neve played on grass so we don't know LOL!!