PDA

View Full Version : What junior is going to be the next big thing?

rada
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:01 AM
i think Ana ivanovic she has a top game and is only 16. she won the eddie herr international at 13 ,and now is playing challengers.which she is doing really well in....
who do you think and why?

skanky~skanketta
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:03 AM
maria kirilenko and michaela krajicek.

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:08 AM
I think, at least for Canada, few juniors could finally help us going in the top 100...

Stéphanie Dubois, Alezkandra Wozniak, Beier Ko, Saron Fishman, Tania Rice....all of them are able to be really good!

ilovemomo
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:14 AM
michaela krajicek. Kirtsen Flipkens :)

mboyle
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Tatiana Golovin, Maria Kirilenko.

Hawk
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:24 AM
I think, at least for Canada, few juniors could finally help us going in the top 100...

Stéphanie Dubois, Alezkandra Wozniak, Beier Ko, Saron Fishman, Tania Rice....all of them are able to be really good!

How old is Tania Rice? I don't think I've ever heard of her :confused:

Yay Fichman! :D

Maggie&MomoFan
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:34 AM
Tatiana Golovin--- only a few months older than me and shes :hearts:

Andrew.
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:44 AM
Kirtsen Flipkens has shown that she really has the game - look at that TIGHT match today. I think she could probably make it to at least the top 15.

Martian Willow
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:46 AM
...Ivana Poverzenic...Eva Chalupnikova...Lubomira Zahradnikova...Zsuzsanna Varga...Melissa Charman...Anna Petrauskas... :)

*hingis_forever*
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:49 AM
...Ivana Poverzenic...Eva Chalupnikova...Lubomira Zahradnikova...Zsuzsanna Varga...Melissa Charman...Anna Petrauskas... :)
who? :confused:

*hingis_forever*
Nov 20th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Watch out for 13 year old Brit Jade Curtis!

esquímaux
Nov 20th, 2003, 03:08 AM
Sophie Cornerotte :p

pan
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Krajicek
Flipkens
Kerber

Whatzup
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Michaela Krajicek :D

ghosts
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Sesil Karatancheva

-Ph51-
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Kirsten Flipkens of course! :bounce:

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Krajicek probably!

Bette_Midler
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:06 AM
1-.Kirsten Flipkens
2-.Michaela Krajicek
3-.Tatiana Golovin
4-.vera douchevina
5-. julia cohen
6-.Alisa Kleybanova

gentenaire
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:07 AM
I have to go with Krajicek as well. She seems very promising.

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:15 AM
It's weird how ppl are talking about Kirsten Flipkens as the "next best thing" :confused:

Last week she lost in the semis of a junior ITF. Ok, she was great yesterday and she is promising, but "the next best thing"???
Even I, as a fan, don't think she is!

rikvanlooy
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:20 AM
It's weird how ppl are talking about Kirsten Flipkens as the "next best thing" :confused:

Last week she lost in the semis of a junior ITF. Ok, she was great yesterday and she is promising, but "the next best thing"???

You're so right.

I'll be glad if she has the same career as Dominque Monami and Sabine Appelmans (Top 20 players).

It's already a miracle that Belgium has another player that has the talent to reach the top 30. That's just incredible.

I think that they must be doing something right.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Krysty Marcio and Mary Gambale from US are much much better. I see them doing better.
Julia Cohen is not gonna be too "special"
she plays like 30-40 junior events per yr and doesnt do too good in many.

a few other names under 15 some mentioned
before:

some names that will most likely become household names
but next big thing is another, thats something thats too much to ask for.

Vika Kutuzova, but she's finished Juniors.
Michaela Krajicek (serves BOMBS but also just as many DF's)
Angelique Kerber
Nicole Vaidisova
Alisa Kleybanova
Sesil Karatancheva
Volha Havartsova
Vika Azarenka
Regina Kulikova

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Kutuzova.

arn
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:34 AM

I cpmpletely agree, even now, with a very close loss against Shaughnessy, I will be very happy with a top-50-40-30 place for her.

I expect a lot of Krajicek

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:40 AM
yep how many BIG things are we gonna have considering there's only been about 20 in 30 years.

What i look at 1st is that if they can have a succesful WTA career and stabilize their rank and play regularly on the main tour, that is SUCCESS.

and if they make it around Top 40, even better.
Top 20 is another step up.
Top 10 is tough, very tough, only 80 have made it in 30 yrs.

Hagar
Nov 20th, 2003, 10:54 AM
yep how many BIG things are we gonna have considering there's only been about 20 in 30 years.

What i look at 1st is that if they can have a succesful WTA career and stabilize their rank and play regularly on the main tour, that is SUCCESS.

That actually shows what a good career Dominique and Sabine had. A lot of girls do not achieve what they did.
Not every junior is a Justine or a Kim (boy, it feels so normal to us, but is it not amazing that have TWO players like that in one generation).

*JR*
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:46 AM

The point is that Flipper will achieve whatever she does, inc. what main draws she gets into, on her own. (If you know what I mean, Bram). :rolleyes:

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:48 AM
The point is that Flipper will achieve whatever she does, inc. what main draws she gets into, on her own. (If you know what I mean, Bram). :rolleyes:
Well she did get a WC into Antwerp last February, even though several other Belgians girls were ranked a lot higher.

*JR*
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Well she did get a WC into Antwerp last February, even though several other Belgians girls were ranked a lot higher.Because she's a LEGITIMATE PROSPECT, if you know what I mean! :p

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Because she's a LEGITIMATE PROSPECT, if you know what I mean! :p
Who can tell whether a young player is a LEGITIMATE PROSPECT or not?

Only time can tell I think.

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:06 PM
But point is still that in just one Fed-Cup match Kirsten has won as many games, than another.....uhm..."prospect", in her whole career!

Yet, that "prospect" is the queen of WC´s!

skanky~skanketta
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:28 PM
stop being so cruel to poor elke!

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:30 PM
stop being so cruel to poor elke!

Who´s cruel now?! At least we all kept it secret! ;)

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Yet, that "prospect" is the queen of WC´s!

She got 3 main draw wildcards this year... You call that being the "Queen of the WCs"?

To put it in your stereotypical words:
DANG!!

:rolleyes:

twight6
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Kutuzova.

Defentately Kutuzova. No one besides spikey has even mentioned her :sad: Go Viktoriya!

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:37 PM
She got 3 main draw wildcards this year... You call that being the "Queen of the WCs"?

To put it in your stereotypical words:
DANG!!

:rolleyes:

Does she deserve even ONE?! What´s she done that warrants a WC?!
I´ll tell you: being Kim Clijsters´s sister, that is! No Elke, No Kim....and that´s how she gets them WC´s.....´cause she´s passed the "promising" status LOOOOOOONNNGGGG ago!

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Does she deserve even ONE?! What´s she done that warrants a WC?!
I´ll tell you: being Kim Clijsters´s sister, that is! No Elke, No Kim....and that´s how she gets them WC´s.....´cause she´s passed the "promising" status LOOOOOOONNNGGGG ago!
What had Kirsten done to get a WC into the Antwerp main draw this year?

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:42 PM
What had Kirsten done to get a WC into the Antwerp main draw this year?

Isn´t she a prospect?! The same can´t be said of Elke... Kirsten only turned pro, like after the U.S. open, and already has a higher ranking than Elke has who´s been a pro for sometime now.

Brαm
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Isn´t she a prospect?! The same can´t be said of Elke... Kirsten only turned pro, like after the U.S. open, and already has a higher ranking than Elke has who´s been a pro for sometime now.
I'm not talking about the present. Give me a reason why Kirsten deserved a WC into Antwerp more than Elke!
Maybe you can't?

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:51 PM
I'm not talking about the present. Give me a reason why Kirsten deserved a WC into Antwerp more than Elke!
Maybe you can't?

For the same reason Elke got her WC for Antwerp in ´02, I guess...isn´t it?!

But they share the same things with Justine and Kim. They are nearly exactly one year apart...18 jan ´85 and 10 jan ´86.

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Tatiana Golovin! and also Barbora Strycova seems to be very good :hearts:!

Experimentee
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:55 PM
I wouldnt look too much into the close match Kirsten had with Meg. It seems like Meghann was playing well below her best, and she lost to Callens the next day. I think Kirsten can be top 40, but i dont know about any higher.

Experimentee
Nov 20th, 2003, 12:57 PM
In addition to whats already been said I would mention Jarmila Gajdosova and Shaui Peng.

bandabou
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:00 PM
I wouldnt look too much into the close match Kirsten had with Meg. It seems like Meghann was playing well below her best, and she lost to Callens the next day. I think Kirsten can be top 40, but i dont know about any higher.

I was starting to think about that too....but still for a junior, not bad.

rada
Nov 21st, 2003, 01:18 AM
v lukic look out for her!!!!!!!11

~SunFlower~
Nov 21st, 2003, 02:12 AM
Top 10 is tough, very tough, only 80 have made it in 30 yrs.

:eek: :eek: You sure have spent a lot of your time doing your research to how many players have been in the top 10 in the last 30 years.... :eek: :eek:

rada
Nov 21st, 2003, 03:23 AM
ana ivanovic

tenn_ace
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:31 AM
I like Maria K. dearly, but I don't think she'll be the next big thing... top 30, 20 at the best is what I see for her.

Krajicek seems to have goods to deliver if she doesn't get injured

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:54 AM
:eek: :eek: You sure have spent a lot of your time doing your research to how many players have been in the top 10 in the last 30 years.... :eek: :eek:

nope it was easy, WTA guide has them listed in order
we're at 82 now thanx to Nastya and Ai

Aretha Franklin
Nov 21st, 2003, 04:58 AM
get rid of that road-runner icon. it is distracting

LUIS9
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:47 AM
Someone mentioned strycova, she seemed like the top junior for a year and a half last year or up until early this year is she any good? What do you guys think of Salerni is she a late bloomer sort of like Shaugnessy? or is she washed up, although really young to be washed up but no real potential beyond a mere hold of savoring a top 50 rank? What about Dulko? she seems to have transitioned a bit better than Salerni they were top doubles players and Dulko was top 5 junior for like 3 yrs?

korben
Nov 21st, 2003, 01:08 PM
Chakvetadze :worship: Wtf even TBE missed her, don´t like her attitude I guess :rolleyes:

crazillo
Nov 21st, 2003, 01:17 PM
pironkova is not still a junior but her age is about 17. she is good, too.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:17 PM
Chakvetadze :worship: Wtf even TBE missed her, don´t like her attitude I guess :rolleyes:

i didn't miss her
i only counted players 15 and under

Anna Tchakvetadze is gonna do pretty good next yr and be just around Top 100-120 range.

mandy7
Nov 21st, 2003, 05:41 PM
Michaella Krajicek

korben
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:08 PM
i didn't miss her
i only counted players 15 and under

Anna Tchakvetadze is gonna do pretty good next yr and be just around Top 100-120 range.

Didn´t notice, sorry :wavey:

I still disagree with Kutuzova though, slightly.
Didn´t realize that she is THAT young :eek:
Slimmer than Daniela, my hint for her, eat some meat girl :angel:

nygirl
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:10 PM

Kirsten really impressed me in her match against Meghann. Although Meghann didn't play that well Kirsten still did a great job, remember that most top 20 players can get away with a bad game when they're playing against the number, what was it, 350 or something on the ranking. Meghann nearly didn't get away with it.

I'm curious though as to why she waited so long to turn pro. She's 18, at that age both Justine and Kim had already reached the finals of a grand slam.

Xian
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:44 PM
Ivanovic, Karatancheva, Lukic, Golovin, Vaidisova, Kutuzova and Kirilenko seems to be good.

dont agree with Flipkens maybe as one of you said she shoul be lucky to enter the top 20

also count on Chakvetadze, Pironkova, and Chvojkova

no Austrian girl in the next 4 years to enter the top 100 I think

©@®eLess
Nov 21st, 2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah Ivanovis is good .she plays finals in Barcelona tommorow(and she came from qualies!!!) Her coach
was working with Conchita, Magui, and Kournikova so i think he saw talent there. She has a deal with Nike (she looks great-Sharapova days are over). Lukic is good too she is top 10 junior .played finals at challengers-good future for Serbia and Montenegro. Imagine our fedcup team in couple of years.... Dokic,Jankovic,Ivanovic, Lukic WOOOOOW

also good Karatancheva, Chakvetadze

rada
Nov 22nd, 2003, 12:02 AM
yeah ana and vojislava.....top players

Grachka
Nov 22nd, 2003, 01:37 AM
Emma Laine won't be the next big thing, but i think she will be pretty good.

As for Kirsten, again, perhaps not sensational - but she will be next Coetzer, just consistently hanging around the higher part of the Top 50.

Experimentee
Nov 22nd, 2003, 04:18 PM
Emma Laine won't be the next big thing, but i think she will be pretty good.

As for Kirsten, again, perhaps not sensational - but she will be next Coetzer, just consistently hanging around the higher part of the Top 50.

Coetzer did more than hang around higher part of top 50! She got to #3 you know :rolleyes:

Brαm
Nov 22nd, 2003, 06:17 PM
Coetzer did more than hang around higher part of top 50! She got to #3 you know :rolleyes:
I agree, it's not like she's always been a journeywoman!

le-plus-beau
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:30 PM
michaela krajicek-top 10 for sure, perhaps top 5
Kirtsen Flipkens -top 5 for sure
Vika Kutuzova-top 5 for sure
Angelique Kerber-top 20 perhaps
Nicole Vaidisova-top 20 perhaps
Alisa Kleybanova-top 15 perhaps
Sesil Karatancheva -top 10 for sure
Volha Havartsova - top 20 for sure
Pironkova- top 20 for sure
I believe Julia Cohen will be a terrific player when she reaches 18 or 19 years old.

and Teliana Pereira top 100 for sure ;)

le-plus-beau
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM
wow I forgot Linetskaya, Kirilenko and Golovin all of them future top 10! FOR SURE!

Doraemon
Nov 22nd, 2003, 09:32 PM
I know this is a wishful thinking but I really hope Kyoko Fuda will be the next Kimiko!

timray
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM
michaela krajicek-top 10 for sure, perhaps top 5
Kirtsen Flipkens -top 5 for sure
Vika Kutuzova-top 5 for sure
Angelique Kerber-top 20 perhaps
Nicole Vaidisova-top 20 perhaps
Alisa Kleybanova-top 15 perhaps
Sesil Karatancheva -top 10 for sure
Volha Havartsova - top 20 for sure
Pironkova- top 20 for sure
I believe Julia Cohen will be a terrific player when she reaches 18 or 19 years old.

and Teliana Pereira top 100 for sure ;)

I am still waiting for that day. :tape:

timray
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:06 AM
i think Ana ivanovic she has a top game and is only 16. she won the eddie herr international at 13 ,and now is playing challengers.which she is doing really well in....

I agree with you. ;)

morningglory
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:16 AM
Sania, Nicole and Ana look very promising

Cp6uja
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:30 AM
Ivanovic, Karatancheva, Lukic, Golovin, Vaidisova, Kutuzova and Kirilenko seems to be good.

dont agree with Flipkens maybe as one of you said she shoul be lucky to enter the top 20

Good work mr. Xian...
You are tennis Nostradamus of 2003 :worship: .

Joana
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:19 AM
Interesting thread indeed. :)
Pretty much nobody (except the Serbs) predicted quick rise of Ivanovic. Also very few people expected much of Vaidisova.
While on the other hand, some of the mentioned didn't really make an impact (yet).

maxomax
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:30 AM
Nobody mentionned Maria Sharapova!! :eek:
And also Jelena Jankovic ( excepted one serb!) and Sania Mirza, Sprem Safarova and Peer!

UDiTY
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:47 AM
Kirilenko and Krajicek...all hype:wavey:

ezekiel
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:53 AM
And also Jelena Jankovic ( excepted one serb!) and Sania Mirza, Sprem Safarova and Peer!

Sharapova was already playing on the big tour and so did others more or less except maybe Peer.

ezekiel
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:55 AM
Kirilenko and Krajicek...all hype:wavey:

At least they'll have the looks and a name respectivelly to keep them in touch no matter how they play on court.

SM
Jul 21st, 2005, 02:59 AM
Spot On Rada

rada
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:02 AM
mary stankovic

iPatty
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:10 AM
I saw Mary Gambale on TV today and she looks very promising. Also Agnes Szavay is going to have a good future I think.

SM
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:13 AM
mary stankovic
rad u r dead meat!

u just made me literally laugh in the computer lab @ uni :o ..

how embaressing...

mary :lol: i have kicked her arse but she thinks shes the next itf champ with that head of hers

rada
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:19 AM
rad u r dead meat!

u just made me literally laugh in the computer lab @ uni :o ..

how embaressing...

mary :lol: i have kicked her arse but she thinks shes the next itf champ with that head of hers

ok maybe not ,mary but SUZI MARINKOVIC will be she has the game like graf!! or ......

rada
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:21 AM
remember when suzi fell down haha

*hingis_forever*
Jul 21st, 2005, 03:24 AM
I saw Mary Gambale on TV today and she looks very promising. Also Agnes Szavay is going to have a good future I think.
On TV? :eek: It wasn't her match at Hammond, Louisiana was it?

mboyle
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:31 AM
Vaidisova and Ivanovic are obviously the biggest talents. Then Karatancheva and Golovin and Krajicek.

SM
Jul 21st, 2005, 05:58 AM
remember when suzi fell down haha
SHE LOoks like graf, the long nice legs, the snozza etc but her game haha she wishes.

again u made me LOL omg if some1 sees me that i know :o ur dead:tape:

Hachiko
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:01 AM
Pironkova?

SM
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:13 AM
daniella dominikovic :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Jul 21st, 2005, 07:36 AM
Caroline Wozniacki, Dominka Cibulkova, and Daria Sharapova..

Beat
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:21 AM
interesting to read those old posts :)

tennisrox
Jul 21st, 2005, 09:29 AM

No-one mentioned Sharapova??Shocker! :eek:

honeyke
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM
ana ivanovic is sooo talented...
but also agnes szavay maybe or michella krajicek...

vettipooh
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM
ana ivanovic is sooo talented...
but also agnes szavay maybe or michella krajicek...Those are definitely my 3 picks, but I would add Sesil in there too.:)

TheBoiledEgg
Jul 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
89 girls (not already in top 100)
Vika Azarenka
Alisa Kleybanova
Dominika Cibulkova

a few 90's girls to watch
Anna Tatishvili GEO
Alize Cornet FRA
Tamira Paszek AUT
Ayumi Morita JPN
Caroline Wozniacki DEN
Kristina Antoniychuk UKR
Stephanie Herz NED

91'
Ksenia Pervak RUS
Anastasia Pavyluchenkova RUS
Polona Hercog SLO

lots of Romanian girls gonna be making their marks in next 2-3 yrs (Raluca Olaru/Alexandra Dulgheru plus a few more). just WATCH for them, they gonna be coming in waves.

sartrista7
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Yeah I've noticed the Romanian girls too - their home ITFs are scarily strong. Corina Corduneanu is a name which seems to stand out alongside Olaru and Dulgheru...

grmbl
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM
89 girls (not already in top 100)
Vika Azarenka
Alisa Kleybanova
Dominika Cibulkova

a few 90's girls to watch
Anna Tatishvili GEO
Alize Cornet FRA
Tamira Paszek AUT
Ayumi Morita JPN
Caroline Wozniacki DEN
Kristina Antoniychuk UKR
Stephanie Herz NED

91'
Ksenia Pervak RUS
Anastasia Pavyluchenkova RUS
Polona Hercog SLO

lots of Romanian girls gonna be making their marks in next 2-3 yrs (Raluca Olaru/Alexandra Dulgheru plus a few more). just WATCH for them, they gonna be coming in waves.
Renée Reinhard instead of Steph I think.

_LuCaS_
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:35 PM
I have patience :angel:

ozfan44
Jul 21st, 2005, 01:38 PM
Kleybanova and Szavay

Jessica Moore from australia - well i hope so anywayz! :cool:

andrewbroad
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Dominika Cibulková
Magdaléna Rybáriková
Marina Erakovic

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

Derek.
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Wozniacki & Pavlyuchenkova. :bowdown:

propi
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:05 AM
No Spaniards on these lists... great future we have :rolleyes: I hope some surprises then :p

*Karen*
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:34 AM
I think Kleybanova will be very successful. And also Krajicek.

petey_pan
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Shayna McDowell :bounce: only 15 and 50K finalist this year (yes the draw was very week but she IS australian) hehe

©@®eLess
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:02 AM
add Barbara Bonic from SCG 1992 or 1993 heard she has a great future and already has her official web site! www.tennisbarbara.co.yu/

SM
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:11 AM
rad was correct, as always! shut up the haters!!! :)

SM
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:12 AM
and the boiledegg ofcourse...very knowledagble!! :D

mckyle.
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:30 AM
rad was correct, as always! shut up the haters!!! :)

Golovin was the next big thing before Ana was. Golovin had her breakthrough an entire year before Ivanovic did. But Ivanovic has went on to have more success.

Poova
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Funny that people expected so much of Flipkens. :lol: :tape:

Golovinjured.
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I think Pivovarova is going to be huge! Young Russian junior currently ranked about 230-240 on the WTA rankings.

gumoll
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:52 AM
and what with Volha Havartsova :confused:

jordan1989
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:15 AM
and what with Volha Havartsova :confused:

She's chnaged her name to Olga Govortsova no idea why?

mckyle.
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:19 AM
She's chnaged her name to Olga Govortsova no idea why?

Volha Havartsova - Belorussian-to-English translation

Olga Govortsova - Russian-to-English translation

I think ;)

gumoll
Feb 8th, 2008, 02:23 AM

I didn't know this :o

Langers
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Krysty Marcio and Mary Gambale from US are much much better. I see them doing better.

before:

Angelique Kerber
Nicole Vaidisova
Alisa Kleybanova
Sesil Karatancheva
Volha Havartsova
Vika Azarenka
Regina Kulikova
Poor Vika, what's happening with her? :o Still very young, but not looking too flash atm.

switz
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:28 AM
it's weird when people drag up these threads. it reminds me of when i was young :o

jamatthews
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:38 AM

:eek::lol::hug:

switz
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:48 AM

pretty forgivable though considering Bammer wasn't on tour at the time or at least hadn't achieved much, Meusburger as been in and out of the top 100 and Pasek was like 12 :lol:

Pasta-Na
Feb 8th, 2008, 04:50 AM
hopefully miao miao :D

switz
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:01 AM
Heidi Rolex-Lindt and Fondue Matterhorn are the next big hopes for Switzerland. I hear they are better than Federer and Hingis combined :eek:

Pasta-Na
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:14 AM
just find someone over 6 feet 2 or something... big serve and groundstroke :lol: at least top 20 for wtatour :haha:

njnetswill
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I have hopes for Miao Miao too.

Morita and Kutuzova seem to have stalled.

Ivanovic and Vaidisova :yeah:

Harvs
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:10 AM
im being so biased... JESS MOORE:)

haha woo:):):)

OZTENNIS
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:13 AM
ppppppppppfttttttttttttt Harvs :lol:

Jessica Moore :banana: is the big hope of Australian tennis
Saw someone posted about Shayna McDowell :sad: very talented (more than Jessica Moore) most injuries in history...:o

Isabella Holland :woohoo:

From Asia:
Yi-Miao Zhou and Kai Chen Chang (who's in final of a 25k here this week)

Surprised no one has mentioned Michelle Larcher de Brito...I have first :)

Palyvuchenkova :tape: no chance

Elwin.
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Arantxa Rus !

mckyle.
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Palyvuchenkova :tape: no chance

She's stayed on the Junior circuit way too long. It shows she won't be comfortable trying to adjust to the pros. I think once you make it to #1 in Juniors you really need to move on the pros because there's not much more you can do.

kaktusino
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:58 AM
U.Radwanska.

Huntress555
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Jess Moore I'm hoping :D!

Mana
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Tanya Samodelok :worship:

ViennaCalling
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:53 AM

Thanks god you were wrong ;)

Iceland
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:13 AM
For France, I would say Kristina Mladenovic & Léolia Jeanjean. :)
Otherwise, Simona Halep & Laura Robson.

Droolv
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Jess Moore :worship: :rocker2:

rollup
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Heidi Rolex-Lindt and Fondue Matterhorn are the next big hopes for Switzerland. I hear they are better than Federer and Hingis combined :eek:

:lol:

My future prediction is: Kim Clijsters daughter (whatever her name will be) ;)

Bookmark this post for 14 years time :p

Dor Y
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Tanya Samodelok :worship:

Who is she? Is she from NZL?

pancake
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:46 AM
For France, I would say Kristina Mladenovic & Léolia Jeanjean. :)
Otherwise, Simona Halep & Laura Robson.

:confused:Funny that you didn't mention Hanna Orlik and Daria Gavrilova? I think Gavrilova beat Jeanjean and Robson respectively last week?
Though I agree they have nice chance to become good players based on their junior results.
And I also add Nicole Gibbs. Probably(and hopefully) we are able to see if they have they have the potentil(ugh sp?) to be big this year especailly the 93' born girls.

rada
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:53 AM
wow i made this thread so long ago :lol:

Bulgaria
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Tanya Raykova :worship:

Mana
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Who is she? Is she from NZL?

She is Russian. But is now playing & living in New Zealand. She has been in NZ for about 3 years now. Strong Russian accent. Has just turned 13. Played her first ever ITF junior tournament last week, winning the title with ease. As a 12 year old, beat a player ranked #600 in the world in December 07. Also played the number 12th ranked junior & world number #320 twice in December, loosing 63 64 & 46 75 63. This was as a 12 year old. I've seen her play and she is good, infact shes great.

CORIA01
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Ana Ivanovic And Nicole

kittyking
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM
She is Russian. But is now playing & living in New Zealand. She has been in NZ for about 3 years now. Strong Russian accent. Has just turned 13. Played her first ever ITF junior tournament last week, winning the title with ease. As a 12 year old, beat a player ranked #600 in the world in December 07. Also played the number 12th ranked junior & world number #320 twice in December, loosing 63 64 & 46 75 63. This was as a 12 year old. I've seen her play and she is good, infact shes great.

I've seen her play too, and while I wasn't overly impressed with her when she played here I think they were just bad days and her results at such a young age are pretty impressive.

Katherine Westbury will be another one to watch out for :)

Poova
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Ana Ivanovic And Nicole
Not really juniors, though. :lol:

Iceland
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
:confused:Funny that you didn't mention Hanna Orlik and Daria Gavrilova? I think Gavrilova beat Jeanjean and Robson respectively last week?
Though I agree they have nice chance to become good players based on their junior results.
And I also add Nicole Gibbs. Probably(and hopefully) we are able to see if they have they have the potentil(ugh sp?) to be big this year especailly the 93' born girls.

Well Orlik & Gavrilova don't impress me much, their games are déjà-vu. They are mini-Sharapova, so I cannot believe they will be the next big things. It requires more than mere power to come to the top now. Jeanjean has a great variety & an amazing sense of tactics worth of Martina Hingis, she has really something special. Robson is also excellent, deep shots, a beautiful serve & good shot selection as well.

pancake
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Well Orlik & Gavrilova don't impress me much, their games are déjà-vu. They are mini-Sharapova, so I cannot believe they will be the next big things. It requires more than mere power to come to the top now. Jeanjean has a great variety & an amazing sense of tactics worth of Martina Hingis, she has really something special. Robson is also excellent, deep shots, a beautiful serve & good shot selection as well.

Time will tell;). I hope all of them will succeed.

Xian
Feb 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM

:bounce:yeah thank god I was wrong

A'DAM
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Surprised no one mentioned Aga Radwanska (she was nb 1 junior) now top 20 (almoust-lets say very soon)

Ula Radwanska if she gets her head sorted out has a good shot

Xian
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:48 AM
biggest prospects to crack the top 100 in some years by country (only girls of 1990 or younger)

Argentina: Tatiana Bua, Arantxa Salut
Australia: Jessica Moore, Isabella Holland
Austria: Melanie Klaffner, Niki Hofmanova
Belarus: Anna Orlik, Ksenia Milevskaya
Bulgaria: Tanya Raykova
Croatia: Petra Martic, Jasmina Tinjic
China: Yi-Miao Zhou
Chile: Camila Silva
Czech Rep: Petra Kvitova
Denmark: Karen Barbat
France: Kristina Mladenovic, Cindy Chala
Great Britain: Laura Robson
Hungary: Aleksandra Filipovski
Israel: Julia Glushko
Italy: Martina di Giuseppe, Martina Trevisan, Camila Giorgi
Japan: Kurumi Nara
Kazakhstan: Zarina Diyas
Liechtenstein: Stephanie Vogt
Netherlands: Arantxa Rus, Renee Reinhard
Poland: Katarzyna Piter
Portugal: Michelle Larcher de Brito
Romania: Simona Halep, Irina-Camelia Begu, Ana Bogdan
Serbia: Bojana Jovanovski
Slovenia: Polona Hercog, Jasmina Kajtazovic
Taiwan: Kai-Chen Chang
Russia: Ksenia Lykina, Ksenia Pervak, Anastasia Pivovarova, Elena Kulikova, Daria Gavrilova
Slovakia: Kristina Kucova, Romana Tabakova
Thailand: Noppawan Lertcheewakarn
USA: Melanie Oudin, Madison Brengle, Allie Will, Coco Vandeweghe, Christina McHale, Mallory Burdette
Venezuela: Gabriela Paz

Kai
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Steffi Vogt, Isabella Holland, Kurumi Nara, Mallory Cecil and maybe Monica Gorny or Bianca Swanpoel :D

auah5
Feb 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM
After 5 years of the prediction.. You are right.. She is world no 2! What a nice prediction :worship: :worship: :worship:

*hingis_forever*
Feb 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Laura Robson (14) will be a great player! Even though she lost to Gavrilova the other day, I've read a few reports saying that she has a better game and will go further.

Also look out for Tammy Hendler, Ana Bogdan, Zarina Diyas, Kristina Mladenovic, and Hanna Orlik.

eagles07
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:13 PM

M.oudin(USA)
T.hendler(BEL)
A.pavlyuchenkova(RUS)
S.halep(ROM)
K.pervak(RUS)
M.larcher de brito(POR)
H.Orlik(BLR)
I.holland(AUS)
K.mladenovic(FRA)
L.robson(GBR)

Elwin.
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
biggest prospects to crack the top 100 in some years by country (only girls of 1990 or younger)

Australia: Jessica Moore
Russia: Ksenia Lykina, Ksenia Pervak, Anastasia Pivovarova, Elena Kulikova, Daria Gavrilova
USA: Melanie Oudin, Madison Brengle, Allie Will

nice list :D :worship:

But i think you forgot Hendler ( belgium ) :p
;)

Xian
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
nice list :D :worship:

But i think you forgot Hendler ( belgium ) :p
;)

no I didnt ;), just another Flipkens

pancake
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Credit to videodetennis, here's a clip of the last 3 games of Les Petits As final between Gavrilova and Robson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-jAdgBhIzw

Bart
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
no I didnt ;), just another Flipkens

Hendler will achieve much more in her career than Kirsten Flipkens ever will.

morningglory
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Daria Sharapova! She'll put the Sharapova name on the FO trophy (which I dont see Maria doing)!

theFutureisNow
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I would go with the "De Brito or no one" option. I don't watch juniors tennis, but based on the rankings they are doing unusually poorly.

The highest ranked 16 year old is 293rd. I would guess that almost every top player was ranked higher than that by 16.

Michelle L De Brito is ranked 294 and is 14 years old. She seems to be the only one that has outperformed so far.

Of course some of them might turn out to be pretty good. But they also could be part of a group that doesn't do much of anything. There are a lot of good 18-20 year olds that could keep them from winning for a long time.

Peterk07
Feb 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Assuming "big thing" as reaching at least TOP5 in one's career, it' not impossible for these 15-16 year old youngsters, but it's true that the elite of the 18-20 year olds were inside top150 2-4 years ago.

*JR*
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:17 PM
(QUOTE=le-plus-beau)
michaela krajicek-top 10 for sure, perhaps top 5 :tape:
Kirtsen Flipkens-top 5 for sure :o
Vika Kutuzova-top 5 for sure :help:
Alisa Kleybanova-top 15 perhaps :sad: :sad: (Baby Blue Eyes II)
Sesil Karatancheva-top 10 for sure (Personifies the title of a Beatles song: The Long And Winding Road) :shrug:

jj74
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Daria Sharapova! She'll put the Sharapova name on the FO trophy (which I dont see Maria doing)!

Daria is very very very far away from the tops of her age, she seems a little stuck right now

tenn_ace
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I like Maria K. dearly, but I don't think she'll be the next big thing... top 30, 20 at the best is what I see for her.

Krajicek seems to have goods to deliver if she doesn't get injured

so far right on both counts

spiritedenergy
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Who is Daria Sharapova??? Please don't tell me she's HER sister:tape:

Rada great prediction, now I trust you so... what do you predict for Ana in the next 5 years or so?

slamchamp
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:38 PM
I think daria sharapova is Maria's cousin :confused:

Freakan
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM

Australia: Jessica Moore, Isabella Holland
Great Britain: Laura Robson
USA: Melanie Oudin, Madison Brengle, Allie Will, Coco Vandeweghe, Christina McHale, Mallory Burdette

hell no:p
you're probably right about the most of them though ;)

Krunic, Gibbs, Ysidora, Juhaszova, Scott, Dabrowski, Stephens, Vidov, Burnett, Dapkute, Hesse, A. Tomljanovic, Hendler, Njiric, Babos, Haas, Kolesnichenko are players that come to my mind that should be added to that list, just a little younger. Year 1993 will produce great players.
oh and Curovic!

sunsfuns
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:18 AM
I would go with the "De Brito or no one" option. I don't watch juniors tennis, but based on the rankings they are doing unusually poorly.

The highest ranked 16 year old is 293rd. I would guess that almost every top player was ranked higher than that by 16.

Michelle L De Brito is ranked 294 and is 14 years old. She seems to be the only one that has outperformed so far.

Of course some of them might turn out to be pretty good. But they also could be part of a group that doesn't do much of anything. There are a lot of good 18-20 year olds that could keep them from winning for a long time.

Assuming "big thing" as reaching at least TOP5 in one's career, it' not impossible for these 15-16 year old youngsters, but it's true that the elite of the 18-20 year olds were inside top150 2-4 years ago.

At the moment we are looking at girls born in 1991 (de Brito, who by the way is 15 now, is the only one born later and already in top 500). Let's see what kind of rankings girls born in 1990 and now in the top 100 or close (pretty promising group in my opinion) had at the start of the last year:

Paszek - 181
Wozniacki - 237
Cornet - 189
Cirstea - 348

So I guess you are right and 1991 is indeed weaker than average - top 4 girls born in 1991 are now ranked #293, #309, #327, #388.

Tamaryn Hendler is the top ranked girl born in 1992, but it's too early to say about 15 year olds. Some of them haven't even tried to play much on main tour.

pancake
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:45 AM
hell no:p
you're porbably right about the most of them though ;)

Krunic, Gibbs, Ysidora, Juhaszova, Scott, Dabrowski, Stephens, Vidov, Burnett, Dapkute, Hesse, A. Tomljanovic, Hendler, Njiric, Babos, Haas, Kolesnichenko are players that come to my mind that should be added to that list, just a little younger. Year 1993 will produce great players.

Oh yeah I completely forgot Krunic:o
And Gibbs is, if I am not mistaken, only the 2nd 93' born girl who has a senior ranking right now. She won a 10k last year, not a big acheivement but I think a good one for her own age. But she seems only play challengers instead of junior events:confused:?

Gavrilova vs. Robson video(last 3 games of Les Petits As) is posted on the previous page, if anyone gets interested they can see how they two play:p

Natash.
Feb 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
What a great thread to discuss the future. :p

dya74
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:08 PM
"Italy: Martina di Giuseppe, Martina Trevisan, Camila Giorgi
Romania: Simona Halep, Irina-Camelia Begu, Ana Bogdan"
I don't know how these names were picked up...:(
the best Italian junior is Martina Trevisan, and she's far away from real good tennis.
From Romania look out for Simona Halep. Ahe really can be the next big thing!

nouf
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Credit to videodetennis, here's a clip of the last 3 games of Les Petits As final between Gavrilova and Robson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-jAdgBhIzw

Videosdetenis its me! lol

nouf
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
for france you missed my frenchie amandine hesse with her coach msn nouf! lol

Ballbasher
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:53 PM

before:

Angelique Kerber
Nicole Vaidisova
Alisa Kleybanova
Sesil Karatancheva
Volha Havartsova
Vika Azarenka
Regina Kulikova
Except Kleybanova and Kulikova they've all reached Top100 ;)
Havartsova is Govortsova now :)

janko
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

pancake
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Videosdetenis its me! lol

LOL, thank you! Can you descirbe more about their games please:p? You're so lucky to watch so many matches whereas in Hong Kong I hardly get any chance to watch tennis match on TV:o

edit: want to goodrep you but have to spread blah blah blah before I can do so again:o

Dor Y
Feb 14th, 2008, 01:26 PM

I hope she will be in the top another few years. Do you know what are her next tournament?

+/-
Feb 14th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah I would say Anastasia Pivovarova and Kai-Chen Chang as well.

What's happening with Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova? Is it mostly mental, injuries or something else?

Pasta-Na
Feb 14th, 2008, 02:03 PM
just find some girls 5' 11 or above :rolls:

*Jool*
Feb 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
:haha: Go Fondue ! :rocker:

*JR*
Feb 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Nah, its Basle's own Solange Baumeister. ;) (Formerly coached by Vito Gugolz, like the Cuckoo Clock was after Eric and B4 Hu-Bear).

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/player.asp?player=100057875

papru
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Kasia Piter :angel:

tony kirilenko
Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM
hendler - top 100 next year

Sharakim
Feb 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Jaz Elle Agassi and her brother Jaden Gil Agassi

-sugi-
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM