PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about YEC possibly moving to China?

saphir1
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:59 PM
I don't know what to think about it. On the one hand, China will probably have good attendance (at least the men's masters had last year), on the other hand I think it's not quite fair for the fans. Of course, there are also fans of certain players in China. But it's a fact that most players of the top eight are from USA or Europe. And I don't see any asian girl coming into the top eight next year.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I think the idea stinks.

YinYin
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:55 PM
well,actully,there r so many tennis fans in china!
and we hope see more match here,and if it hold in Europe,we have no chance to see :sad:
so~~~~~~
i wish china could hold more match,r u agree?

Bezz
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Didnt Sugiyama just qualify for the end of year champs, last time i looked she was asian. Yeah she was there cos of withdrawls but yu get them most years. But i get what yu are saying, i think china is a bit out of the way and not really a tennis country. They should bring it to the UK, we love tennis!!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:00 AM
its not gonna be a permanent move

Shanghai Masters last yr was a sell-out and we didnt see any Asians in the field.

they should move it around every yr and PUBLICISE it as the ATP do.

-Sonic-
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:05 AM
I see so many people going on about how doing x or y is "good business"... advertising certain players, seeing players a certain way, etc etc etc, all about the money.

If they think that moving it to China will bring in more money than LA, then why not?

YinYin
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:15 AM
actully,it is not like what u think,wta or atp hold match in china,they really let more and more person lovein & enjoy tennis!
And only more matches hold in china,can show how much we love tennis!

Kart
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:41 AM
I don't think it's a bad idea.

Ballbuster
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:49 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Spare us already.