PDA

View Full Version : It's Only Just Begun

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:25 PM
The Belgians just started to make a dent into the Tennis world with their performance at this year's season. With 4 Grand Slams, 17 titles, and the #1 and #2 Rankings the Belgians will just be more motivated to prove to the world next year that they are for real. To those who are already predicting their demise, wake up and start eating some waffles.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:27 PM
It already started when the incoming number one couldn't even get to the final of the YEC.

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:32 PM
And how many times did last year's #1 actually ever 'won' the YEC?

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:32 PM
:haha: :lol: :tape:

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:38 PM

If you are referring to Serena, she won it because Lindsay couldn't play and I think we all know why that happened. Yes, she was the winner; she got the check and the trophy.

Try again.

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:39 PM
So did Kim beat Venus last year?

Scobby- Doo
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:43 PM
The Belgians just started to make a dent into the Tennis world with their performance at this year's season. With 4 Grand Slams, 17 titles, and the #1 and #2 Rankings the Belgians will just be more motivated to prove to the world next year that they are for real. To those who are already predicting their demise, wake up and start eating some waffles.

Please God nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:43 PM
So did Kim beat Venus last year?

Tecnically, yes, because Venus played five games before retiring, but even Kim acknowledges that it really wasn't a win for her because the match wasn't completed.

SJW
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:47 PM
does the title refer to you making crap threads over the off season? :confused:

:yawn:

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:48 PM
But one thing people are forgetting. Serena OWNS Lindsay, so she wouldnīt have been without a chance I say.

But Venus vs Kim?! 3/4-1 h2h at the time, including their last meeting?!

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:53 PM

Someone will starte eating some waffles alright, and it will be Venus and Serena eating Juju and Kim for breakfast everytime they meet.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Iīm not worried....Serena and Venus have been in this position before and we all know what happened.

The Belgians may have improved but they will NEVER EVER dominate the Williamses! NO ONE has dominated the Williamses and the Belgians wonīt be the firsts to do it.

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:56 PM
does the title refer to you making crap threads over the off season? :confused:

:yawn:

:lol: no. it's just to counter balance every hit the belgians are getting even after kim just won the yec again.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:59 PM
:lol: no. it's just to counter balance every hit the belgians are getting even after kim just won the yec again.

I'm glad you are finduing out what the Williams fans have had to go through since the summer of 2000 when Venus started dominating the tour and then in 2002 when she and Serena started the double domination.

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:01 PM
This is not a hit to anyone. That was not the point of the thread. I just think that perhaps we should give the Belgians more credit than they have been getting. There are a few threads out there already stating the the demise of the Belgians. I mean come on now...:o

hinquit
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:01 PM
No kim's or Justine's fan should be bore enough to predict that the two
will enjoy 2004 the same way they did this year.
After all no indication that they will even be able to maintain their rankings in 2004. If you look at the players they beat to win those
tournaments, one would conclude that maybe they could have not
won those titles had they played certain players who were absent on
the tour almost this year.
If Davenport, Venus, Serena and Monica are fully recovered from
the injuries, the 2004 season will be highly a competitive one.

pav
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:38 PM
:haha: :lol: :tape:
this sort of thread was the point of My thread "do they have doubts". Williams v Belgiums beating the shit out of each other, hell, all 4 are great still.. go the Russians!

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:49 PM

Well, there was the Glorious Walkover of 2001.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:56 PM

If you have to count how many YECīs your fav won to illustrate her greatness, then that says more about your favīs LACK of greatness.

6 GSīs > 2 YECīs!

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:40 PM
If you have to count how many YECīs your fav won to illustrate her greatness, then that says more about your favīs LACK of greatness.

6 GSīs > 2 YECīs!

you do know what i was quoting right? yeah?

venusfan
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:50 PM
I could care less about the Belgians stopping V & S. After the Wimbledon beatdowns, I'm suprise people are still comparing them.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Yep....it couldnīt have been Serena, because it was Justine who was no.1 at the time.

Linzi
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:13 PM
I cant wait to see what happens next yr! Henin v Serena AO Final would be class!

moon
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:25 PM

who is predicting their demise?
from what I can see people are just saying that they
will get their butts kicked by Venus and Serena once they return
from their sabbatical.
No one is saying they will be out of the top 10, just a few notches down
:lol: :lol:

disposablehero
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:10 AM

6 GSīs > 2 YECīs!
Are you suggesting that Serena has had a better career than Kim thus far? Wow, what a revelation.

24 GS's > 6 GS's

bandabou
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Are you suggesting that Serena has had a better career than Kim thus far? Wow, what a revelation.

24 GS's > 6 GS's

Indeed....but 6> 0 too!

Sam L
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:53 AM
You know it's off-season when.......................

:haha:

Couver
Nov 12th, 2003, 12:59 AM
"Wake up and start eating waffles." That's a cute expression :)