PDA

View Full Version : Momo embarrased me as a tennis fan last night..

Dawn Marie
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:21 AM
She has all the shots but lacks the mental part.

Mary Jo kept stating that Kim was just too good, well that is bullshit!!

Momo played like shit! Her head was not in it and she was lost out there!!

This was a poor display for the FINAL!!!

Momo you got game when are you going to use it? I was so frustrated watching her not play the game!!

Better luck next time Amelie!!

mandy7
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Kim was too good, of course amelie played a crappy match, but that's cause Kim didn't give her a chance

Dawn Marie
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:28 AM
I know what I saw and that was Momo self destructing out there and not giving it 100% she had no plan ..she had many chances to get into net but didn't.

Her serving was pathetic..

Now Kim is a tough player but Momo had no business getting served a bagel.. she is just too good.

Look at that match again.. you will see that Momo kept no balls in court and played too defensively!

luvmytennis
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:31 AM
I did not watch it (thankfully) because the girl got game (MoMo) but no mental fortitude to carry herself against a top player.. Her play against JHH (or MiniMe as I like to refer to her) was much better but again, not impressive against a player who was obviously tired. She should have capitalize more on that, but as usual, she did not. I have seen her play more impressively against lower ranked players! Its a shame!

My sleep was more important than staying up to watch this match..already knew it was going to be a snooze fest, shouldn't have surprised anyone... Congrats to Kim!

Fat Frog
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:37 AM
ya i didn't think Kim was THAT much better..momo played poor
Is it a mental problem or does she need more matches??

*JR*
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:12 PM
There's a book the business Bois and Gurlz know about called "The Peter Principle" after it's author's name. The theme is that ppl are promoted to the level of their incompetence because only then do they stop being promoted. In the WTA, Rafael font du Mora (a good "basic" coach) has amply proven this with Meghann for two years. Loic Courteau, take the hint. (His RU was 2-3 in total here and only squeaked out of the RR @ 1-2 because Shonda couldn't close out her match with Elena).

DEETHELICK
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Kim was very solid. And that pretty much sums it up. Kim is a nice girl, has a decent game and will win Slams.

But I still feel that her game needs more oomph added to it. Its just a very steady, very consistent game.

When I watch Williamses, Justine, Jen and Lindsay, there is something in their games that makes you sit up and take notice.

Kim needs to get that X factor in her game and evelop a really big weapon. She does everything well, its just a killer shot she needs. She is excellent at defensive tennis though, some of the gets :eek:

Chance
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Which was worse -Amelie against Serena at the FO or Amelie against Kim at the YEC final?

starr
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Mauresmo made me PROUD as a tennis fan!

I'm definitely not a Mauresmo fan, but the way she conducted herself after the match was a perfect example of sportsmanship and grace. She had to appear in public and speak to the crowd after losing badly. That can't be easy. Yet she spoke well in a foreign language. She was gracious. She was considerate and thoughtful in her remarks. Her fans must have been moved.

I think she was an example of what tennis should be -- Competition and sportsmanship.

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Momo def did not show up, in the little of the final that I saw. Kim was ON.....that girl really gets to alot of balls. Momo, we've always known is a headcase but sometimes I guess its like that....ie not playing well. I would like to see her in the same form she was last year when she was in the semifinals of Wim and USOpen, or was that the year before....can't remember, but then she was injured, I have yet to see that Amelie again.

Hagar
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:10 PM

I'm definitely not a Mauresmo fan, but the way she conducted herself after the match was a perfect example of sportsmanship and grace. She had to appear in public and speak to the crowd after losing badly. That can't be easy. Yet she spoke well in a foreign language. She was gracious. She was considerate and thoughtful in her remarks. Her fans must have been moved.

I think she was an example of what tennis should be -- Competition and sportsmanship.

I second that. I had rarely heard her talk before yesterday but I think she gave a very graceful speach. I also thought her English is very good.
She played a terrific first game, breaking Kim immediately but Kim then took out the poison out of Momo's tail by playing rocksolid tennis.

vogus
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Talent-wise and game-wise, Mauresmo is a carbon copy of Justine, minus the mental toughness.

Doraemon
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:58 PM

Great post :worship: :worship:
Her fans and tennis fans in general may have gotten disappointed in her performance today but I'm sure she's the one most disappointed.. I mean, by far!! I really admire her courage to conduct herself in the way she did on the court after such a humiliating match for her (I don't mean negatively by this). It must be one of the most difficult things to handle as top players in front of a big crowd. I have always liked her for her nice demeannour losing or winning! I really hope she will win a GS soon and I know she's more than capable of it!
Go, Amelie! Allez! :bounce:

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:38 PM

So true.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Yep, Momo was graceful yesterday....that is sportsmanship. Jen who seems closer to Kim than Momo, barely could give Kim a handshake..yet Amelie stood there like (wo)man and embraced Kim and had good things to say.

People call Serena a sore loser, but even she kissed Kim last year after she lost and I donīt see serena to that too often with anyone other than Venus.

To me Jen is the queen of sore losers.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Kim was very solid. And that pretty much sums it up. Kim is a nice girl, has a decent game and will win Slams.

But I still feel that her game needs more oomph added to it. Its just a very steady, very consistent game.

When I watch Williamses, Justine, Jen and Lindsay, there is something in their games that makes you sit up and take notice.

Kim needs to get that X factor in her game and evelop a really big weapon. She does everything well, its just a killer shot she needs. She is excellent at defensive tennis though, some of the gets :eek:

Yep...thatīs why her match-ups with the sisters are so bad. Serena is waaayy more agressive than Kim is and Venus can defend better than she does, so even when Kim wants to go agressive against Venus....it is she who ends up with err.

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Yep, Momo was graceful yesterday....that is sportsmanship. Jen who seems closer to Kim than Momo, barely could give Kim a handshake..yet Amelie stood there like (wo)man and embraced Kim and had good things to say.

People call Serena a sore loser, but even she kissed Kim last year after she lost and I donīt see serena to that too often with anyone other than Venus.

To me Jen is the queen of sore losers.

You're unbelievable. :D
This thread is NOT about your beloved Serena, nor about Venus, nor about Jen.
:topic: Hush hush, Serena is not a sore loser.

Jem
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:54 PM
Dawn,

I think you're always going to be disappointed in Mauresmo when it comes to winning the big matches. She's someone who will get the occasional upset, but I don't think she'll ever win a Grand Slam. Roland Garros would be her best chance, but she'll never win there either because she can't deal with the pressure.

I'll agree she was a gracious loser last night, but the least she could have done was to have apologized to the fans for her own bad play. Clijsters played well, but Mauresmo played awful.

j_dementieva27
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:09 PM
yes, i agree... after the first point [a long rally at least 15 shots] and the first game [mauresmo breaking serve at 30] ... i was sure that this match was gunna be incrediable, with lots of ups and downs and kim [:(] eventually winning a tought three-setter... boy was i wrong!... at around 5-2, first set, i knew that this match was not going to grand at all, just a winner-fest from clijsters, and a feast of UO's by mauresmo

my question is... why at least 2-3 points each game she was down, didnt mauresmo get to fucking net!?...

Maggie&MomoFan
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:17 PM
I love Mauresmo soo much. Shes my favorite player, way above all others. I jusr dontget her, she wasnt afraid vs jhh and when she reached the semis of the usopen she took it to Venus Williams and thats a huge stage. But at this years Fo and now the YEC finals, she wilted under the pressure.I wonder if she stopped going to the sports psychologist :confused:

Anyway Go Mauresmo 04!!! no injuries

i think also she puts a lot of pressure on herself in big finals and big tournies bc shes so injured all the time she must say cmon you have to win this to make up for all the things you missed. But to be ranked number 4 without playing 2 majors speaks volumes for amelie!

moon
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:20 PM
I'm not mad at Momo.
She got tore up in the match, and still got a check for
$500,000. :lol: :lol:
I'm sure that check made it pretty easy for her to be gracious. :lol:

harloo
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I just turned it after the first set. Momo was just a head case out there. I did not understand why she let Kim run all over her like that. Kim was never bothered either, and that's why she played so great.

If H-H was in the final, Kim would of had to work harder and she might of lost also. However she knows Mauresmo will choke in finals. So Mauresmo did Kim a favor in beating H-H.

I knew the choking was going to happen the minute Momo dropped serve the first game. And before you knew it the match was over. And IMO a bagel is embarassing for a finalist.

I wish her the best though, but she needs to let the mental stuff go.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:47 PM
You're unbelievable. :D
This thread is NOT about your beloved Serena, nor about Venus, nor about Jen.
:topic: Hush hush, Serena is not a sore loser.

My bad, miss! Just had to point it out.