PDA

View Full Version : Carl Maes critizes rankingsystem!

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Ok I just wonna know what you guys think. Carl Maes (ex coach Kim) and a belgian TV-station are saying that Kim should complain about the rankingsystem because she should be number 1 and not Justine.

Kim had a great season but imo Justine hers was better. She played less, won the big titles (except Masters) and was many points behind Kim at the beginning of the year.

Justine vs Kim
2 GS's - 1 Master
4 Tier I's - 2 Tier I's
2 Tier II's - 4 Tier II's
0 Tier III's - 2 Tier III's

The Flemisch press shows AGAIN how good they are :rolleyes:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:22 AM
:rolleyes: at Maes

he should worry about his new job making GB girls better.

Myskina Lina
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:24 AM
He is just proving what a biased idiot he is.

Brαm
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Ok I just wonna know what you guys think. Carl Maes (ex coach Kim) and a belgian TV-station are saying that Kim should complain about the rankingsystem because she should be number 1 and not Justine.

Kim had a great season but imo Justine hers was better. She played less, won the big titles (except Masters) and was many points behind Kim at the beginning of the year.

Justine vs Kim
2 GS's - 1 Master
4 Tier I's - 2 Tier I's

Where's the article?

per4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:28 AM
watch VTM news Bram

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:40 AM
It was Carl who said it on the news on VTM ! You can see it again on the site I think!

Someone told me that the VRT also said something like VTM :(

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:40 AM
They are just preparing the way to give the "Belgian Sportswoman of the Year" trophy to Kim Clijsters :rolleyes:

arn
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:44 AM
They are just preparing the way to give the "Belgian Sportswoman of the Year" trophy to Kim Clijsters :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm sure Justine will get it this year! :)

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing, but I'm sure Justine will get it this year! :)
She better have to! What should she do if she can't get it this year? Win The Grand Slam and the Olympics, and then crossing fingers that Kim won't win the Masters again? :haha:

Brαm
It was Carl who said it on the news on VTM ! You can see it again on the site I think!

Someone told me that the VRT also said something like VTM :(
I can't find a link to today's news on the VTM.be website... Anyone who can? :o

JonBcn
How can anyone in their right mind possibly think KC's year was better than JHH's? :lol:

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:50 AM

It's probably to early, news ended 20 minutes ago. ;)

Wimanna
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:51 AM

Bram, I saw it too ;) Maybe you believe it now :D :p ;) And he said something like that. But not that Kim should complain. I think he said: "I think we have to take a look at the ranking system, maybe we need to award the player who's consistent throughout the year..." or something like that ;) (of zit er nog teveel alcohol in mijn bloed van gisteren? :D)

But he better :tape: ;) Cuz now again there is some controversy...

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:51 AM
What a joke :haha:

irma
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Justine one quarter final, semis final, and wins

Kim one second round, semis,finals and wins

what Kim is more consistent?

gentenaire
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:54 AM
I'll withhold my judgement until I actually hear his exact words. Too many things are paraphrased around here.

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:55 AM

Justine vs Kim
2 GS's - 1 Master
4 Tier I's - 2 Tier I's

Post the Entry list of these Tier I, Tier II events and tell the difference?

Besides, fans from justine said a few months ago that the money ranking reflects the real ranking!

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:56 AM

Besides, fans from justine said a few months ago that the money ranking reflects the real ranking!
Are you a joke or something? :confused:

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Thx Wimanna. ;)

starr
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:01 PM
I don't think Kim has a quarrel with the rankings. Maybe stupid things like this are why Maes is an EX coach.

Justine and Kim are quite close in the rankings. 75 points apart is what I read. Kim had a very good year, but Justine had a better year. That's the way it is. Only one person can be number one. :)

Next year is another year, and I hope it is a very good year indeed for Kimmy! She's a great girl and she sparkled and shone last night. :)

Astro Jetson
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Sorry fellow Justine fans, although I didn't see it yet, I think you're overreacting a bit here. If there is one (ex-)member of the Clijsters Clan I like, it has to be Carl Maes. Especially after his fall out with Mr. Clijsters ;) He always is full of praise for Justine.

And the fact is that, except for her GS finals, Clijsters had an amazing year. And she defended the Masters without losing a match. Imo she is still better than Justine indoors.

That said, Justine is deservingly nr. 1 for the moment and I like it. :p

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:06 PM

Sure, Kim Clijsters won her 2 Tier I titles without any Williams in the draw (not even Justine was there)...
I know Serena was there in Rome but she didn't have to play her

As for the "money leader", yeah, congratulations Kim for winning 82,000 $ more than Justine in playing three more tourneys!

BTW I have nothing against Kim, she had a wonderful year and is the deserved number 2 in the world, but some people have to stop spreading stupid stuff here...

Nemesis
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Carl Maes and the Flemish media are idiots and hypocrits. Look at what they said:

10-08-2003: after JP Morgan Chase, LA - event: Kim becomes number 1
"Kim deserves the number 1 ranking. The ranking system rewards the most consistant player."

06-09-2003: after the US Open - event: Justine wins the US Open beating Kim
"Justine is still number two, but the whole world sees that she should actually be the number 1 player in the world."

19-10-2003: after the Swisscom Challenge, Zürich - event: Justine becomes number 1
"Justine deserves the number 1 ranking. She won 2 Grand Slams and 4 Tier I's"

07-11-2003: after the 2 robin round Capriati-Henin at the YEC - event: Justine becomes seasonal ending number 1
"Justine deserves the number 1 ranking. She is the best player of the year."

10-11-2003: after the YEC final Clijsters-Mauresmo - event: Kim wins the YEC
"The ranking system is not right! They should reward the most regular player"

This says it all about Flemish objectivity & honesty towards Justine :rolleyes:

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Are you a joke or something? :confused:

No, I am not a joke!

Tell your other fellow Justine fans that!

They said that the money leader ranking reflects the real ranking!

What matters is quality points, not quantity!

So, please stop with these Tier I, Tier II and Tier III bullshit........Think and tell me what quality points means! (don't forget it)

Kim

2537 quality points in 17 events

Justine

2369 quality points in 17 events

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Sure, Kim Clijsters won her 2 Tier I titles without any Williams in the draw (not even Justine was there)...
I know Serena was there in Rome but she didn't have to play her

As for the "money leader", yeah, congratulations Kim for winning 82,000 $ more than Justine in playing three more tourneys!

BTW I have nothing against Kim, she had a wonderful year and is the deserved number 2 in the world, but some people have to stop spreading stupid stuff here...

It doesn't matter who's their, but the players where they play against.......quality you know?

About the money ranking leader, tell that to your fellow justine fans!

gentenaire
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Carl Maes and the Flemish media are idiots and hypocrits. Look at what they said:

11-08-2003: after JP Morgan Chase, LA - event: Kim becomes number 1
"Kim deserves the number 1 ranking. The ranking system rewards the most consistant player."

08-09-2003: after the US Open - event: Justine wins the US Open beating Kim
"Justine is still number two, but the whole world sees that she should actually be the number 1 player in the world."

20-10-2003: after the Swisscom Challenge, Zürich - event: Justine becomes number 1
"Justine deserves the number 1 ranking. She won 2 Grand Slams and 4 Tier I's"

06-11-2003: after the 2 robin round Capriati-Henin at the YEC - event: Justine becomes seasonal ending number 1
"Justine deserves the number 1 ranking. She is the best player of the year."

10-11-2003: after the YEC final Clijsters-Mauresmo - event: Kim wins the YEC
"The ranking system is not right! They should reward the most regular player"

This says it all about Flemish objectivity & honesty towards Justine :rolleyes:

All the quotes seem fair, except for the last one and that one's not even a real quote.

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:23 PM
I'm not going to go into this controversy of "quality points", but just a reminder: Justine retired injured in s'Hertogenbosch against Kim although she was leading and this gives a differential of about 150 pts in favour if Kim (of course maybe Kim would have won even without Justine being injured but who knows...)

Justine won 2 GS and 4 Tier I beating Serena Williams twice and Kim Clijsters 3 times in order to win the trophy.
What about Kim's big names in Tier I and II wins?

Nemesis
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:25 PM
All the quotes seem fair, except for the last one and that one's not even a real quote.
"I think we have to take a look at the ranking system, maybe we need to award the player who's consistent throughout the year..." has the same intention as the thing I wrote ...

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:29 PM
It doesn't matter who's their, but the players where they play against.......quality you know?

About the money ranking leader, tell that to your fellow justine fans!
Let's take the average money won per tournament and let's check who are the big names in the tournament wins of both players if you want...

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:34 PM
I'm not going to go into this controversy of "quality points", but just a reminder: Justine retired injured in s'Hertogenbosch against Kim although she was leading and this gives a differential of about 150 pts in favour if Kim (of course maybe Kim would have won even without Justine being injured but who knows...)

Justine won 2 GS and 4 Tier I beating Serena Williams twice and Kim Clijsters 3 times in order to win the trophy.
What about Kim's big names in Tier I and II wins?

Again, what matters is quality points, not quantity!

So, please stop with these Tier I, Tier II and Tier III bullshit........Think and tell me what quality points means! (don't forget it)

The WTA tour is more then a win from Serena alone!......their could be many reasons why Serena lost that day, you know.

Besides, it was 3-0 in the second set in s'Hertogenbosch!

Kim

Justine

*liana*
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:36 PM
oh please, you're all making too big of a deal on this. The flemish press didn't do anything wrong at all, they weren't pro Kim or biased in any way. All they did was interview Carl Maes and he expressed HIS opinion (not the opinion of flemish press in general).
And honestly, you can't really hold it against him. He was part of the whole Clijsters clan for too long to be completely objectif. He probably was just caught up in emotions about Kim winning and all.
Like Deuce said Carl Maes is usually pretty good with the things he says.

I think everyone agrees that Justine is the right nr1. So, all justine fans, don't have a freak attack about this.

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Quality points mean that if you beat the number 25 three times, you'll get as much quality points as beating the number 2 once... (except for slams, where points count double)

So, is this what you wanted me to say? That you get more quality points in beating Jelena Dokic twice than Serena Williams once? :rolleyes:

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Strange that nobody wants to discuss about quality points? hhhmmm

Allez-H
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:40 PM
They also said winning the Masters has more prestige than a Grandslam. :rolleyes:

per4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Strange that nobody wants to discuss about quality points? hhhmmm
the more tournaments you play, the more quality points ..duh huh.

The only thing that matters is titles, that's what's recorded in tennisbooks and what people will remind. Everyone knows that Cappy won 3 GS's, do you also remember the number of qualitypoints she gained then? :rolleyes:

You can only beat who you meet in a tournament.

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Quality points mean that if you beat the number 25 three times, you'll get as much quality points as beating the number 2 once... (except for slams, where points count double)

So, is this what you wanted me to say? That you get more quality points in beating Jelena Dokic twice than Serena Williams once? :rolleyes:

Justine did get 100 quality points for Serena and Jelena Dokic was worth 15 points this year, until after Zurich!

100/15= 6.66 x more worth......that's a correct reflection and not your 2 times.

Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Jelena Dokic 2-1

F Zurich Oct 19 2003 J Henin-Hardenne(2) - J Dokic 6-0 6-4
QF Hamburg May 5 2002 J Dokic(5) - J Henin-Hardenne(4) 7-63 7-63
SF Amelia I. Apr 14 2002 J Henin-Hardenne(2) - J Dokic(3) 6-2 4-1

caafje
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:49 PM
They also said winning the Masters has more prestige than a Grandslam. :rolleyes:

'They'? I only heard Lei Clijsters say that.

And we all know what his opinions are worth...

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:53 PM
the more tournaments you play, the more quality points ..duh huh.

The only thing that matters is titles, that's what's recorded in tennisbooks and what people will remind. Everyone knows that Cappy won 3 GS's, do you also remember the number of qualitypoints she gained then? :rolleyes:

You can only beat who you meet in a tournament.

Hey duh duh......wait until tommorrow when the new rankings comes out, and tell me again how much tournaments count and how much quality points Kim and Justine have!

caafje
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:54 PM
I think that Justine definitely deserves the #1 ranking: she was consistent AND won GS's and beat the big ones.
The only thing to regret is that because of the way the ranking system works, Kim DROPS a place and Justine GAINS one after the Masters, although Kim did better than Justine.
I can understand that it's confusing for the average (non-obsessed) tennisfan.

Chance
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Tarzan... go save someone in the jungle.

ßcoene
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:57 PM
OMG did he really say that? He's making a fool out of himself.

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Why do some justine fans want to blow up what Carl Maes said.
Ignore him is the best thing you can do!

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:02 PM
ok Tarzan :rolleyes:

Tier I results from Justine:

Charleston
Tina Pisnik 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
Nathalie Dechy 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
Mary Pierce 6-2, 6-3
Ashley Harkleroad 6-2, 6-1
Serena Williams 6-3, 6-4

Berlin
Daja Bedanova 6-4, 6-1
Patty Schnyder 6-2, 6-3
Vera Zvonareva 6-4, 7-5
Amélie Mauresmo 7-6(6), 6-4
Kim Clijsters 64-4 4-6 7-5

Toronto
Marion Bartoli 6-3, 6-3
Nadia Petrova 6-3, 7-5
Elena Bovina 6-2, 6-4
Elena Dementieva 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-2
Lina Krasnoroutskaya 6-1, 6-0

Zürich
Anna Pistolesi 6-1, 7-6(5)
Vera Zvonareva 6-4, 6-2
Nadia Petrova 6-4, 6-4
Jelena Dokic 6-0, 6-4

Now Kim's:
Indian Wells
Zuluaga Fabiola 6-3 7-5
Schiavone Francesca 7-5 6-4
Dechy Nathalie 6-3 3-6 6-1
Rubin Chanda 6-2 6-3
Martinez Conchita 6-3 6-2
Davenport Lindsay 6-4 7-5

Rome
Ruano Pascual Virginia 6-1 6-0
Black Cara 6-0 6-3
Myskina Anastasia 6-2 6-2
Sugiyama Ai 6-3 6-2
Mauresmo Amelie 4-6 7-6 6-0

TIER II
Justine:
Dubaï
Anca Barna 1-6, 6-2, 6-4
Anastasia Myskina 6-1, 6-4
Jennifer Capriati 7-5, 4-6, 6-4
Monica Seles 4-6, 7-6(4), 7-5

San diego
Eleni Daniilidou 6-1, 6-1
Elena Dementieva 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
Nadia Petrova 6-0, 6-2
Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1, 6-3
Kim Clijsters 3-6, 6-2, 6-3

Kim:
Sydney
Schnyder Patty 6-1 6-3
Rubin Chanda 6-1 6-2
Henin-Hardenne Justine 6-3 6-2
Davenport Lindsay 6-4 6-3

Stanford
Liu Amber 6-1 6-1
Mikaelian Marie-Gaiane 4-6 6-0 6-1
Schiavone Francesca 6-3 6-2
Capriati Jennifer 4-6 6-4 6-2

LA
Loit Emilie 6-1 6-1
Sharapova Maria 6-4 1-6 6-1
Kuznetsova Svetlana 6-3 6-1
Davenport Lindsay 6-1 3-6 6-1

And last but not least!

Grand Slams Justine:
RG
Patricia Wartusch 6-3, 7-5
Jelena Kostanic 6-2, 6-2
Dally Randriantefy 6-1, 6-1
Patty Schnyder 6-3, 2-6, 6-2
Chanda Rubin 6-3, 6-2
Serena Williams 6-2, 4-6, 7-5
Kim Clijsters 6-0, 6-4

USOPEN
Aniko Kapros 7-5, 6-3
Silvija Talaja 6-1, 6-2
Saori Obata 6-1, 6-2
Dinara Safina 6-0, 6-3
Anastasia Myskina 6-2, 6-3
Jennifer Capriati 4-6, 7-5, 7-6(4)
Kim Clijsters 7-5, 6-1

and Kim's Mastertitle:
Masters
Dementieva Elena 6-2 6-2
Rubin Chanda 6-4 6-4
Mauresmo Amelie 3-6 6-4 6-4
Capriati Jennifer 4-6 6-3 6-0
Mauresmo Amelie 6-2 6-0

Well Tarzan where do you see those huge differences?

caafje
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:04 PM
OMG did he really say that? He's making a fool out of himself.

He said it after Justine won Roland Garros.

'PFFF, winning a Grand Slam; MY daughter won the Masters! And that's a higher accomplishment'.

Sure Lei! No jealousy involved whatsoever!

Allez-H
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:06 PM
'They'? I only heard Lei Clijsters say that.

And we all know what his opinions are worth...
Nope,not anymore they also said it on the news.I can't remember if it was VRT or VTM

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Justine did get 100 quality points for Serena and Jelena Dokic was worth 15 points this year, until after Zurich!

100/15= 6.66 x more worth......that's a correct reflection and not your 2 times.

Justine Henin-Hardenne vs Jelena Dokic 2-1

F Zurich Oct 19 2003 J Henin-Hardenne(2) - J Dokic 6-0 6-4
QF Hamburg May 5 2002 J Dokic(5) - J Henin-Hardenne(4) 7-63 7-63
SF Amelia I. Apr 14 2002 J Henin-Hardenne(2) - J Dokic(3) 6-2 4-1
You dumbass, I'm talking about current ranking!
Take the then number 3 and then number 14 and you'll get what I meant :rolleyes:

Anyway, you're in total denial so what is the point arguing with you?

caafje
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Nope,not anymore they also said it on the news.I can't remember if it was VRT or VTM

That's pathetic. Appearently, to become a sportsjournalist in Belgium, all you got to know about is cycling and football. Tennis? Què?

They're probably sucking up to Lei in order to get some interviews with Kim...

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:14 PM

Justine

No...

Justine 2346

Kim 2272

You forgot to deduct points from last year YEC

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:16 PM
No...

Justine 2346

Kim 2272

:haha:

the jungle man doesn't even get his facts straight :haha:

kim4eva
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:16 PM
What's this got to do with Kim? Don't involve Kim in this, you guys. It's Carl Maes talking trash and why should you guys take it so seriously?

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:17 PM
ok Tarzan :rolleyes:

Tier I results from Justine:

Charleston
Tina Pisnik 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
Nathalie Dechy 2-6, 6-3, 6-2
Mary Pierce 6-2, 6-3
Ashley Harkleroad 6-2, 6-1
Serena Williams 6-3, 6-4

Berlin
Daja Bedanova 6-4, 6-1
Patty Schnyder 6-2, 6-3
Vera Zvonareva 6-4, 7-5
Amélie Mauresmo 7-6(6), 6-4
Kim Clijsters 64-4 4-6 7-5

Toronto
Marion Bartoli 6-3, 6-3
Nadia Petrova 6-3, 7-5
Elena Bovina 6-2, 6-4
Elena Dementieva 6-3, 6-7(5), 6-2
Lina Krasnoroutskaya 6-1, 6-0

Zürich
Anna Pistolesi 6-1, 7-6(5)
Vera Zvonareva 6-4, 6-2
Nadia Petrova 6-4, 6-4
Jelena Dokic 6-0, 6-4

Now Kim's:
Indian Wells
Zuluaga Fabiola 6-3 7-5
Dechy Nathalie 6-3 3-6 6-1
Rubin Chanda 6-2 6-3
Martinez Conchita 6-3 6-2
Davenport Lindsay 6-4 7-5

Rome
Ruano Pascual Virginia 6-1 6-0
Black Cara 6-0 6-3
Myskina Anastasia 6-2 6-2
Sugiyama Ai 6-3 6-2
Mauresmo Amelie 4-6 7-6 6-0

TIER II
Justine:
Dubaï
Anca Barna 1-6, 6-2, 6-4
Anastasia Myskina 6-1, 6-4
Jennifer Capriati 7-5, 4-6, 6-4
Monica Seles 4-6, 7-6(4), 7-5

San diego
Eleni Daniilidou 6-1, 6-1
Elena Dementieva 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
Nadia Petrova 6-0, 6-2
Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1, 6-3
Kim Clijsters 3-6, 6-2, 6-3

Kim:
Sydney
Schnyder Patty 6-1 6-3
Rubin Chanda 6-1 6-2
Henin-Hardenne Justine 6-3 6-2
Davenport Lindsay 6-4 6-3

Stanford
Liu Amber 6-1 6-1
Mikaelian Marie-Gaiane 4-6 6-0 6-1
Schiavone Francesca 6-3 6-2
Capriati Jennifer 4-6 6-4 6-2

LA
Loit Emilie 6-1 6-1
Sharapova Maria 6-4 1-6 6-1
Kuznetsova Svetlana 6-3 6-1
Davenport Lindsay 6-1 3-6 6-1

And last but not least!

Grand Slams Justine:
RG
Patricia Wartusch 6-3, 7-5
Jelena Kostanic 6-2, 6-2
Dally Randriantefy 6-1, 6-1
Patty Schnyder 6-3, 2-6, 6-2
Chanda Rubin 6-3, 6-2
Serena Williams 6-2, 4-6, 7-5
Kim Clijsters 6-0, 6-4

USOPEN
Aniko Kapros 7-5, 6-3
Silvija Talaja 6-1, 6-2
Saori Obata 6-1, 6-2
Dinara Safina 6-0, 6-3
Anastasia Myskina 6-2, 6-3
Jennifer Capriati 4-6, 7-5, 7-6(4)
Kim Clijsters 7-5, 6-1

and Kim's Mastertitle:
Masters
Dementieva Elena 6-2 6-2
Rubin Chanda 6-4 6-4
Mauresmo Amelie 3-6 6-4 6-4
Capriati Jennifer 4-6 6-3 6-0
Mauresmo Amelie 6-2 6-0

Well Tarzan where do you see those huge differences?

Compare all tournaments from this year with eachother, fleemke. ;)

When justine receive 200 quality points from Serena and 525 quality points from Kim, from where did get Kim almost 200 quality points more then justine in 17 tournaments? Tell me!

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:20 PM

When justine receive 200 quality points from Serena and 525 quality points from Kim, from where did get Kim almost 200 quality points more then justine in 17 tournaments? Tell me!
Look, as I said, if a player now beats Serena, that player will get less quality points than beating Jelena Dokic twice...

It's a proof that the more you get to play, the more you'll get quality points (because you only take into account the quality points of the best 17 tournaments!)
Furthermore, it looks like Tarzan isn't a "beast" in mathematics ;)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Look, as I said, if a player now beats Serena, that player will get less quality points than beating Jelena Dokic twice...

It's a proof that the more you get to play, the more you'll get quality points (because you only take into account the quality points of the best 17 tournaments!)
Furthermore, it looks like Tarzan isn't a "beast" in mathematics ;)

Atleast, someone from the justine fans is smarter then me! :lol:

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:25 PM

Look Tarzan I've firmly decided that I will not attack other people on this board but please don't post something that is wrong...

Kim: 2272 QP (2315+222 for this year YEC-265 from last year YEC)

Justine: 2346 (2276+93-23)

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:27 PM
What's this got to do with Kim? Don't involve Kim in this, you guys. It's Carl Maes talking trash and why should you guys take it so seriously?
We're not talking about Kim here :kiss:

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Why do some justine fans want to blow up what Carl Maes said.
Ignore him is the best thing you can do!

I suppose that's why you already have 10 posts in this thread.

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:34 PM
No...

Justine 2346

Kim 2272

Are you sure

Kim

WTA Championships at Los Angeles, California, USA
November 04, 2002
Surface: Indoor Hardcourt
Round Opponent W/L Score
R16 Chanda Rubin (USA) W 6-1 6-2 35 quality points
QF Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) W 6-2 6-1 43 quality points
SF Venus Williams (USA) W 5-0 ret 75 quality points
F Serena Williams (USA) W 7-5 6-3 100 quality points

Justine

November 04, 2002
Round Opponent W/L Score
R16 Elena Dementieva (RUS) W 6-3 6-3 35 quality points
QF Kim Clijsters (BEL) L 2-6 1-6
Win/Loss: 52/21

Kim

2284 quality points in 17 events

Justine

2334 quality points in 17 events

50 points difference = Kim did get #1 to early, if Kim did get #1 after the US open, the quality points would be the same! ;)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:38 PM
I suppose that's why you already have 10 posts in this thread.

Don't reply me, Queen Elisabeth if you don't want no answer!

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Are you sure

Kim

November 04, 2002
Round Opponent W/L Score
R16 Chanda Rubin (USA) W 6-1 6-2 35 quality points
QF Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) W 6-2 6-1 43 quality points
SF Venus Williams (USA) W 5-0 ret 75 quality points
F Serena Williams (USA) W 7-5 6-3 100 quality points

Justine

November 04, 2002
Round Opponent W/L Score
R16 Elena Dementieva (RUS) W 6-3 6-3 35 quality points
QF Kim Clijsters (BEL) L 2-6 1-6
Win/Loss: 52/21

Kim

2284 quality points in 17 events

Justine

2334 quality points in 17 events

;)

No...Justine was 4th that time and Kim got 55 QP

For Dementieva Justine got 23 becouse she wasn't in top 16 (she qualified only becouse mauresmo withdraw)

AGAIN: Ju 2346, Kim 2272 (74 points difference).

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Don't reply me, Queen Elisabeth if you don't want no answer!
So childish :rolleyes:

If it weren't for your stupid comments, nobody would have been offended and this thread would have disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:44 PM
BTW I wonder where Toontje has been lately... I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one hiding behind Tarzan's name...

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Is this you Toontje ??? I'm glad that you are back on board !!!

Wow, Toontje's back, I am really happy now... :bounce: :bounce:

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Is this you Toontje ??? I'm glad that you are back on board !!!

Wow, Toontje's back, I am really happy now... :bounce: :bounce:
Looks like him ;) He seems quite aware and comfortable with the board for someone who joined it yesterday ;)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Why do they give double quality pionts for each player in a grand slam.......justine always said that she looks round after round and gets motivated.

Why doesn't Kim count for 200 points in a GS and 100 points in a other tournament?

Players always play motivated against eachother?

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:54 PM
BTW I wonder where Toontje has been lately... I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one hiding behind Tarzan's name...

Who's Toontje?

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:54 PM
hahahahaha :lol: Tarzan and Toontje :lol: It could be => only the statistics :D

Well they give more points in a Slam because those are the most important tournaments in the season!

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Why do they give double quality pionts for each player in a grand slam.......justine always said that she looks round after round and gets motivated.

Why doesn't Kim count for 200 points in a GS and 100 points in a other tournament?

Players always play motivated against eachother?

Who cares...Important thing is that you are back.

At least you deducted Kim's money from doubles... :hearts:

Juju_fan
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:57 PM
hahahahaha :lol: Tarzan and Toontje :lol: It could be => only the statistics :D

Well they give more points in a Slam because those are the most important tournaments in the season!
only blind statistics ;)

Brαm
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:07 PM
I think it's obvious that Toontje signed up as "Tarzan" this time. Everybody can see that! ;)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Who cares...Important thing is that you are back.

At least you deducted Kim's money from doubles... :hearts:

Normally, I get good rep pionts for each five good messages from me, I already posted 15 messages and didn't get no good rep pionts. :(

Why so frugal? are you all from Netherland?

Brαm
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Normally, I get good rep pionts for each five good messages from me, I already posted 15 messages and didn't get no good rep pionts. :(

You only registered yesterday & you're already familiar (obsessed :tape: ) with the reputation system? :confused:

Oh wait, you've been here before :devil: ;)

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:14 PM

Oh Toontje, can't you see that I am in red zone. If I give you good rep points, it won't be good at all (probably -) becouse of my red dots...

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:14 PM
You only registered yesterday & you're already familiar (obsessed :tape: ) with the reputation system? :confused:

:rolls:

tfannis
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:18 PM

:lol:lol @ this thread...

These guys take it seriously, kim4eva...because they're the worst Kimfans combined with the worst Justinefans ;)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:26 PM

Because I did click on User cp yesterday and I did see that I received many reputation points.

I did look up what it was, that's why.

17 messages posted on this thread and the only thing what I receive is a bad rep from fleemke.

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Hello Toontje :wavey:
It's obviously him :)
This doesn't mean that I think Justine-fans are quite overreacting in this thread. There are some fans you only see appearing in GM when Kim wins something important. Just to remind us Justine is still the best.
Look dearest Justine-fans. Nobody denies Justine is number one. You just have to deal with the fact that she lost in the semis and Kim won the Masters, just as we dealt with the fact Justine took those two slam titles. Kim had a great year. Justine was a tiny bit better.

Mironia
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:33 PM
This doesn't mean that I think Justine-fans are quite overreacting in this thread. There are some fans you only see appearing in GM when Kim wins something important. Just to remind us Justine is still the best.
Look dearest Justine-fans. Nobody denies Justine is number one. You just have to deal with the fact that she lost in the semis and Kim won the Masters, just as we dealt with the fact Justine took those two slam titles. Kim had a great year. Justine was a tiny bit better.

Yeah, yeah...But Justine was sick for the whole tournament.

Justine was little more than a tiny bit better...Sorry, but 2 GS are priceless.

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Oh Toontje, can't you see that I am in red zone. If I give you good rep points, it won't be good at all (probably -) becouse of my red dots...

Juju#1, you are smarter, tell me since when do you know from your red dots (because you only posted 54 messages) and how do you know that your rep points won't be good at all ?

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:44 PM
ok for the record ... I created this thread because I was shocked to see Carl saying this on TV. Not because Kim won last night. She was ths fitest player in LA and won. I don't have a prob with that!

I didn't accuse Kim for this I bashed on the Flemisch media and Maes so please stop this crap! Both players had a super season but I don't get it that press is saying 1 masterstitle is more than 2 slams (that's what they mean in general imo)

This has NOTHING to do with Kim winning yesterday!

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Juju#1, you are smarter, tell me since when do you know from your red dots (because you only posted 54 messages) and how do you know that your rep points won't be good at all ?

Ok, I'll try...Tell me how many points you get. Also you could send some reps to me, couse I'm in trouble here...

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah, yeah...But Justine was sick for the whole tournament.

Justine was little more than a tiny bit better...Sorry, but 2 GS are priceless.

You're the perfect example of one of the Justine-fans I was talking about in my post. Thanks for illustrating my words.

Come-on-kim
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Anyway, I just say :rolleyes:

Kim is flemish --> it's normal she gets loads of attention from the Flemish press and that the flemish press defend her!

Justine is walloon --> exactly the same happen there!! They defend Justine!

So, I think it has to stop!!

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:53 PM

No, this thread is mostly about Toontje...Kim and Justine :worship: :worship:

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:54 PM
No points

Not green, not red but grey.

Most I try it with you? green ofcourse

Do you have -250 points or what?

Nemesis
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Well, some people are just short sighted. I know it's great that Kim won the Masters, but ...

The ranking system reflects a whole year, not one tournament.

1 Masters <<< 2 Grand Slams

She's 75 points behind Justine (eventhough she defended her title) because she got less quality points: she beat #1 (and #2) last year, not now (she's number one herself). She lost her ranking just like she got it: the injuries & burn-outs of the former number one's (Serena summer 2003 + Justine at Linz: bye bye quality points) + playing small tournaments (gained #1 by playing Luxembourgh) + the system.

It's Karma (~Serena) again :bolt:

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Well, some people are just short sighted. I know it's great that Kim won the Masters, but ...

The ranking system reflects a whole year, not one tournament.

1 Masters <<< 2 Grand Slams

She's 75 points behind Justine (eventhough she defended her title) because she got less quality points: she beat #1 (and #2) last year, not now (she's number one herself). She lost her ranking just like she got it: the injuries & burn-outs of the former number one's (Serena summer 2003 + Justine at Linz: bye bye quality points) + playing small tournaments (gained #1 by playing Luxembourgh) + the system.

It's Karma (~Serena) again :bolt:

Tell Carl. We aren't denying this.

Nemesis
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Tell Carl. We aren't denying this.
Got his cell phone number??? :p But I wouldn't be able to resist insulting him ... ;)

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:16 PM
No points

It would be nice, but you don't need to do it...

I have -271 but few days ago it was -1988 becouse
I was against some people who have compared Justine with Hingis.

JackFrost
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:18 PM

Kim

Justine

Nonsense...what matters is, how much bananas the players eat during the match.
So, please stop with these quality points bullshit.......Think and tell me, what bananas mean!

Justine
65,75 bananas in 17 matches

Kim
59,67 bananas in 17 matches (the additional 21,5 chocolate cakes don´t count!!)

Thats the proof...Justine for number 1 :bounce:

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:22 PM
And, Tarzan, why you said that during KC-CR match ?

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Got his cell phone number??? :p

Yeah, but he asked me not to give it to people calling themselves "Nemesis". ;)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:29 PM
It would be nice, but you don't need to do it...

I have -271 but few days ago it was -1988 becouse
I was against some people who have compared Justine with Hingis.

Per4ever just did give me bad rep points and my rep points dropped from 1217 to 1035 points.

Does fleemke and per4ever always do that?

How many points did you receive from me?

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Per4ever just did give me bad rep points and I dropped from 1217 to 1035 points.

How many points did you receive from me?

Oh man, I got 11 points :lol: :lol:

Actually I received more than 300 points from fleemke and per4ever.
Without those points I would be -1000

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:33 PM

That's because you seem to be an old friend of theirs. ;)

Nemesis
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:45 PM
What a racist :mad: :p Excluding the lovely Nemesis-race :sad: ;)

Juju #1
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Hey Tarzan, look here:

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_pdf/Singles_Numeric.pdf

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:28 PM

Then give it to me ! :angel: ;)

Kimfreak
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:42 PM
No points

Are you a social supervisor to hold these justine morons busy and from the street?

You do a great job for or country! :lol:

Goodbye