PDA

View Full Version : Kim and Justine will NEVER see another Year like 2003 Again

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:49 AM
The Belgians and anybody else can forget about obtaining a Slam in 2004. A new and improved Venus and a more point constructing Serena will rule the Roost. Sorry to have to tell you this, but enjoy the holidays in peace.....Come January 18th the Williams Preeminence Continues...............................

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:51 AM
woooo... seems the grape crop is a little sour this year :rolleyes:

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Damned if I didn't hear the exact same thing last year after Kim whupped Serena in the WTA Championships Final.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Damned if I didn't hear the exact same thing last year after Kim whupped Serena in the WTA Championships Final.

Damned if we didn't hear that Kim was going to win slams and beat the WS in 2003, now we are hearing it again. It's like deja vu.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:54 AM

7-5, 6-3 isn't exactly a whipping. However, 6-4, 6-2 is (the score at this year's Antwerp final when Venus beat Kim).

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Face it. The Belgians are burnt out! A fresh Venus and refreshed Serena will be blasting ACE's all ovah the place.

Gosh! I miss those ACES!!!!

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Damned if we didn't hear that Kim was going to win slams and beat the WS in 2003, now we are hearing it again. It's like deja vu.

I seem to recall hearing similar things about Venus at the end of 1997, 1998, and 1999. Eventually they were correct.

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Face it. The Belgians are burnt out! A fresh Venus and refreshed Serena will be blasting ACE's all ovah the place.

Gosh! I miss those ACES!!!!
gosh! :eek:

Sam L
I seem to recall hearing similar things about Venus at the end of 1997, 1998, and 1999. Eventually they were correct.
:clap2:

Justinefan
Fresh Venus and Serena??? Does anyone know how long Stomach injuries typically last?? I highly doubt 6-7 months.. So I don't doubt Serena will come back and possibly have a good year.. but Venus?? Does she even care about tennis anymore.. and I wouldn't count the Belgians out.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:00 AM

Yes, but Venus at least won two Slams by the time she was 20 (in fact, both were just afrer her 20th birthday). Kim has only two chances to win a Slam before she turns 21 and her best chance is the FO.

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:00 AM

Stop being an old hag. The Sistahs will be around for another 10 years and still winning slams. Justine and Kim will be retired due to injury.

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:01 AM
Stop being an old hag. The Sistahs will be around for another 10 years and still winning slams. Justine and Kim will be retired due to injury.
retired due to injury....

:lol:

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Lindsay Davenport keeps overcoming injuries same with Chanda Rubin, what makes you think the Belgians can't. Is there anyone in here that isn't either anti-belgian or anti-sisters?

TennisHack
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s20/smilies-17681.png

Knizzle

I don't think so, Venus didn't win back to back YEC and she wasn't anywhere near #1.

Gowza
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:04 AM
i agree, but not in the way that you think. serena and venus didn't play much this year and also played with injuries. the belgians will still be successful and they will push the williams sisters i think. but for most of the year they were the only 2 dominant players due to the sisters not playing so once serena and venus start playing their full schedules and are healthy then there will b 4 dominant players rather than 2, so everything will be shared double which means the belgians will get about half of what they did this year and the sisters will get the other half which they mainly missed out on this year.

Sam L
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:04 AM
I don't think so, Venus didn't win back to back YEC and she wasn't anywhere near #1.
He didn't say that Venus won YEC nor that she was near #1. :lol:

Hazy
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:05 AM

LOL! So there's no hope for Kim because of that?

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:06 AM
LOL! So there's no hope for Kim because of that?

No, but Venus wasn't hyped at year's end and beginning like Kim is/was.

disposablehero

That is a theory completely at odds with reality.The Williams sisters are older and injured 3 times more often despite less activity.

Nobody's Perfecc
Oh, not another pissing contest about whose favorite is better. :rolleyes:

tennisluver99
I hope 2004 is a competitive year and that the Williams and Belgians do well and stay healthy.
I want some more depth like the men's tour has.
I want to see 4 different slam winners.
Australian- Kim
French- Justine or Amelie
Wimbledon- Venus
US Open- Serena
That's what I'm hoping for. That would be great.

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Kim is still young, so she isn't as mentally strong as the Williams and Henin, she may not win a grand slam young, so what.. Capriati didn't?

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:07 AM
The Belgians and anybody else can forget about obtaining a Slam in 2004. A new and improved Venus and a more point constructing Serena will rule the Roost. Sorry to have to tell you this, but enjoy the holidays in peace.....Come January 18th the Williams Preeminence Continues...............................

Jealous freak :haha: :haha: :haha:

It only started! :)

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Oh, not another pissing contest about whose favorite is better. :rolleyes:
Welcome to WTA World... No one ever posts just about tennis.. it's always about whose favorite is the best, or whose least favorite sucks the most.. Let's rip on the players.. It's really pathetic..

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:14 AM
No, but Venus wasn't hyped at year's end and beginning like Kim is/was.

Guaranteeing the #1 ranking at the beginning of 3 straight years and failing every time isn't hype? Venus guaranteed at the end of 1998 that she would take over #1 in 1999. Then she guaranteed at the end of 1999 that she would be ranked #1 in 2000, even though she knew she was starting the year with an injury. Then she GUARANTEED at the end of 2000 that she would take over the #1 ranking in 2001. At the end of 2001 she decided that maybe she shouldn't bring it up. In 2002 she FINALLY got that #1 ranking, for almost 3 months.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:15 AM
when was this?

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Guaranteeing the #1 ranking at the beginning of 3 straight years and failing every time isn't hype? Venus guaranteed at the end of 1998 that she would take over #1 in 1999. Then she guaranteed at the end of 1999 that she would be ranked #1 in 2000, even though she knew she was starting the year with an injury. Then she GUARANTEED at the end of 2000 that she would take over the #1 ranking in 2001. At the end of 2001 she decided that maybe she shouldn't bring it up. In 2002 she FINALLY got that #1 ranking, for almost 3 months.

Quotes?? Wanting to do it and guaranteeing it are two different things.

Hazy
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:17 AM
when was this?

From reading the story, i'd think end of 20th century/beginning of 21st.

LeonHart
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Who here actually takes Ballbuster seriously? Anyone? :haha:

Venus Forever
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:27 AM

Is that why when Venus was asked before ever reaching number 1, she always proclaimed that #1 will come when #1 will come, and that she didn't no when that would be?? :confused:

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:28 AM

Dont wish injury on anyone in the name of Venus and Serena...I am sure if they heard you say that they would slap your stupid ass with their Prada pumps...then again... :tape::

justine&coria
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:27 AM
7-5, 6-3 isn't exactly a whipping. However, 6-4, 6-2 is (the score at this year's Antwerp final when Venus beat Kim).

THat's the only thing you've found to contradict disapplobero. You're just criticising how he said it, so you agree with what he's been saying !! ;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Lindsay Davenport keeps overcoming injuries same with Chanda Rubin, what makes you think the Belgians can't. Is there anyone in here that isn't either anti-belgian or anti-sisters?
Yes, not all of us here are teenagers.

per4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:33 AM
:lol: Ballbuster keeps on proving his stupidity :bounce:

retired due to injury lol..Serena and Venus get injured by playing only a couple of tournaments :lol:

fleemke³
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:36 AM
YES 2003 will never come back but 2004 could be better :eek::p

Of course Justine and Kim couldn't repeat next year. They are very bad players and will probably end out of the top 10 next year :yawn::rolleyes:

vaiva
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:49 AM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s20/smilies-17681.png

:lol:

Good one, Hackie!

mandy7
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:53 AM

oh boy.. you don't even know how funny you are, do you? :cuckoo:
anyway, this thread is :bs:

fifiricci
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:00 PM

:lol: My advice is "Never say Never".

starr
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:02 PM

Time will tell if these are jinxing words. ;)

gentenaire
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Thank you, God. Are we now to start worshipping WTAworld general messages as Your son, the enlightened one? Or is this just the Third Testament?

propi
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Funny that some people here can see the future, may someone tell me the numbers for Lotto????

That will be seen as the season passes through, I only hope there is some variety :)

Hagar
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Thank you, God. Are we now to start worshipping WTAworld general messages as Your son, the enlightened one? Or is this just the Third Testament?

Sounds like that Third Testament starts with the Acopalyps right away. :devil:

Anyway, you're right: Kim and Justine will never see another year like 2003 again because from now on Kim will grab at least one Slam herself! :p

Ryan
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:22 PM
*sigh* Another waste of space, typical of a BallBuster thread. Venus and Serena, fresh? Yeah, for 2 events, then they injure themselves for months. Oh well, if only I could be as bitter, yet objective like BallBuster.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:24 PM
I can agree to his statement in a less smackish way, but hey HE IS RIGHT...when venus and serena get back on the court, its not going to be the same as 2003. The Belgiums only managed to stop one All williams final this year...and that barely happened because we all know the big controversy about the french. Venus and Serena left somewhat injured and they were ALREADY on top of the top players that had improved their game. (example Wimbledon Venus vs Clisters) If they come back 100% uninjured...you are basically looking at another 2002 of dominance by venuserena from looking at all the players perfomaces at this years WTA tour tournament. But hey..only time will tell.....all I know is that if they return and has up'ed the bar even more and is stronger than what they are already capable of from the past few years......its going to be SCARY! :devil:

NaturalBlues
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:31 PM
We'll have to wait and see. Personally I'm excited to see Venus & Serena come back. But everyone who doesn't take kim & juju serious is a fool. What more do they have to do to prove themselves.. :confused:

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:36 PM
We'll have to wait and see. Personally I'm excited to see Venus & Serena come back. But everyone who doesn't take kim & juju serious is a fool. What more do they have to do to prove themselves.. :confused:

To prove themselves they have to beat Venus and Serena consistently on all surfaces. At the moment they can only do it on clay. ;)

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:02 PM
*sigh* Another waste of space, typical of a BallBuster thread. Venus and Serena, fresh? Yeah, for 2 events, then they injure themselves for months. Oh well, if only I could be as bitter, yet objective like BallBuster.

If only Kim could grab a Slam like Serena did. She was injured and managed to win two.

Veritas
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:06 PM

And don't forget that lovely Wimbledon semis...oh my, I've said the score so many times, I'm beginning to get sick of it ;)

And what about Miami semis b/w Serena and Kim?

Anyway, as much as I love Venus and Serena, I think Justine and Kim (especially Kim after her Masters win) have made a lot of progress to close the gap with the WS. When everyone's back, I reckon the Belgians will be a bigger threat than before because they've had one full year of practice.

But then again, Vee and Baby Girl have always toasted their opponents whenever they feel like it. I miss the Venus who would cream her rivals 6-0 in the first set, then lead 5-0 in the second, only to let her guard down a bit, like a bored champion, and give her rival just one game so she can avoid any bitchy comments coming in her direction from her rival in the press conference :D

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:21 PM
And don't forget that lovely Wimbledon semis...oh my, I've said the score so many times, I'm beginning to get sick of it ;)

And what about Miami semis b/w Serena and Kim?

Anyway, as much as I love Venus and Serena, I think Justine and Kim (especially Kim after her Masters win) have made a lot of progress to close the gap with the WS. When everyone's back, I reckon the Belgians will be a bigger threat than before because they've had one full year of practice.

But then again, Vee and Baby Girl have always toasted their opponents whenever they feel like it. I miss the Venus who would cream her rivals 6-0 in the first set, then lead 5-0 in the second, only to let her guard down a bit, like a bored champion, and give her rival just one game so she can avoid any bitchy comments coming in her direction from her rival in the press conference :D

I think if there was any gap closed, it was on clay. Other than that, there is still a large gap.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:31 PM
I think if there was any gap closed, it was on clay. Other than that, there is still a large gap.

True that! On the faster surfaces, the Williamses are WITHOUT competition.

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:41 PM
To prove themselves they have to beat Venus and Serena consistently on all surfaces. At the moment they can only do it on clay. ;)
Does anyone beat anyone else consistently??? The belgians beat everyone else consistently, who is to say they won't beat williams in 2004. Anyway, for anyone who thinks that the williams sisters are going to come back and dominate, i think your in for a shock... who knows they may.. but remeber we have to very determined belgians, a healthy Davenport, a coach change for Capriati, and an army of russians. I think 2004 will be awesome. And just like someone said, anyone who thinks justine and kim aren't serious threats are fools? How can you say they aren't good tennis players?? Kim made it to 3/4 finals in the gs and Justine won 2.

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:16 PM

You are my Hero! What a lovely way with words, I'm speechless, I'm in tears.......

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Dont wish injury on anyone in the name of Venus and Serena...I am sure if they heard you say that they would slap your stupid ass with their Prada pumps...then again... :tape::

I have a size 13 pair of Timberland I'm wearing now that I can't wait to plant Knee Deep in your funky dooky hole.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:43 PM
I don´t understand why the Belgian fans are getting so upset. The Belgians are for real, but to think that they are gonna win 17 tournaments combined next year again with both Williamses at full strength is whishful thinking.

JustineTime
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:52 PM
I have a size 13 pair of Timberland I'm wearing now that I can't wait to plant Knee Deep in your funky dooky hole.

Well said! :) Yup, stepping kneedeep in excrement seems to be your forte. :rolleyes: It's amazing how many of your embittered co-fans are willing to, uh, follow in your footsteps! :eek:

What do you do for an encore? Shall I wish you bon appetit? :)

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:56 PM
Does anyone beat anyone else consistently??? The belgians beat everyone else consistently, who is to say they won't beat williams in 2004. Anyway, for anyone who thinks that the williams sisters are going to come back and dominate, i think your in for a shock... who knows they may.. but remeber we have to very determined belgians, a healthy Davenport, a coach change for Capriati, and an army of russians. I think 2004 will be awesome. And just like someone said, anyone who thinks justine and kim aren't serious threats are fools? How can you say they aren't good tennis players?? Kim made it to 3/4 finals in the gs and Justine won 2.

Yes, Venus and Serena seem to be able to beat everyone in the current top ten consistently. Serena has a winning record against everyone in the top ten and Venus has a winning record against everyone in the top ten except Serena.

People were spouting the same shit when Venus came back from her injury in 2000 and I think we all know what happened. Plus she was playing a full field.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Yes, Venus and Serena seem to be able to beat everyone in the current top ten consistently. Serena has a winning record against everyone in the top ten and Venus has a winning record against everyone in the top ten except Serena.

People were spouting the same shit when Venus came back from her injury in 2000 and I think we all know what happened. Plus she was playing a full field.

Say no more, say no more!!