PDA

View Full Version : Will Kim win all 4 Grand Slams singles titles in 2004?

vogus
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:42 AM
She's definitely got the motivation of having something to prove.

jellybelly
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:45 AM
she will need to learn to defeat Serena :tape:

Serena have nothing to prove except go for calendar year grandslam :p

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:45 AM
I doubt it.

Cam'ron Giles
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:47 AM
I dont think so...Sorry

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Only time will tell... :bowdown:

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Pam put the kibosh on Kim for the second year in a row. Last year, she said Kim would win a Slam and she didn't, now she says the sme thing this year. The only Slam where Kim will have a chance is the FO.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Uhhmm.....Amelie or Lindsay wonīt be playing in all slam-finals next year, so it ainīt happening for Kim. Sorry.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Kim needs to learn how to hit offensively from a defensive position or she will never win a slam. That slicing split shit ain't gon cut it.

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:55 AM
No, not all of them.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:56 AM
No, not all of them.

:tape: <----Knizzle

Freija
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:36 AM
Would be nice!!!!! but....maybe only 3...hehe

azza
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:39 AM
yes she will :kiss:

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Kim needs to learn how to hit offensively from a defensive position or she will never win a slam. That slicing split shit ain't gon cut it.

Very true.

Hmmm. Slicing split shit!! Sort of rolls off the tounge doesn't it!! :lol:

per4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:04 AM
I will be surprised if she wins one to be honest..

-Ph51-
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:10 AM
She certainly will,starting with a great victory in the AO!And stop talking about players who didn't play a match in six month time! :tape: :kiss:

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:11 AM
I really think that her only chance to pick up a slam in the next couple of years has already gone by.

She should have won the USO this year. ;)

switz
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:13 AM
she will, and patty will be the finalist in all of them and will win the doubles grand-slam with jill craybas

mandy7
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Probably not all 4, but I'm sure she's gonna win one (at least!)

matthias
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:19 AM
she never won a Grand slam and you ask if she will win all 4 next year? :rolleyes:

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:54 PM
I will be surprised if she wins one to be honest..

I must admit I thought the same about Justine at the beginning of the year. Look where she stands now... I so hope Kim will surprise you :D

fleemkeģ
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:58 PM
She has a chance to win one but it will be a hard fight (as it is for everybody). Don't think she'll win all 4 of them :)

per4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:15 PM
I must admit I thought the same about Justine at the beginning of the year. Look where she stands now... I so hope Kim will surprise you :D
hehehe well you never know :D

She's definitly able to win one, 'cause she's one of the best players out there. She still has to prove she can do it in the final :)

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Kim played 13 matches average during three slams while the other Top three players played 6-7 matches average.

Watch next year, she doesn't play doubles anymore during the Slams!

Vamos Kim :kiss:

Doraemon
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Ummm... assuming the starter of this thread is real serious, this is one of the most rediculous questions I have seen on the board.. Anyways, I think she's capable of winning any of the four but not all of them in the same year.. She's just too good not to have one under the belt yet. Think as soon as she gets one, another one will come easily cuz what's stopping her winning her first is not any flaw in her game but the mental block she's had in the final of a GS. She's been in three GS finals already and in the very first one where she wasn the huge underdog, she got closest.. that's ironic.. but I have faith in her and apart from Ai and Maggie, she's the first one I want to win a major and since the other two ain't realistic contenders for majors, I will end up cheering on her after all..

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:25 PM
The ONLY two players who can talk about GRAND SLAM are named Williams. Kim sure has a chance to win a GS, I think at the Oz or RG. It has to be a slow court, so she can withstand the barrage of either Williams...īcause sometimes on slow-courts, defense can beat offense. The other two, we all know the story there.

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:29 PM
This thought actually crossed someones mind!!?? If Kim is able to advance to the semi of all four grand slams, this would surprise Me. I really think that her game is over rated and that if the other girls were more aggressive they would beat her more often. How many balls does she run down agains Serena or venus!!??

Doraemon
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:32 PM
The ONLY two players who can talk about GRAND SLAM are named Williams. Kim sure has a chance to win a GS, I think at the Oz or RG. It has to be a slow court, so she can withstand the barrage of either Williams...īcause sometimes on slow-courts, defense can beat offense. The other two, we all know the story there.

Don't make it sound as if Kim was a defense-only player. She can be as offensive as anyone when she wants to. Or else how could she bagel a player of Amelie's caliber? Against the Williams sisters, I think she chooses to be a bit more defensive than usual as she thinks she will fair better against them but I think she's still learning to beat them so the next time she faces the sisters, we may see a different Kim, really.
Kim has the whole package to be a great offender and agressor at the same time in my opinion.

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:35 PM
How many balls does she run down agains Serena or venus!!??

Not too many. Venus and serena first have to HIT a ball before Kim can run them down.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Don't make it sound as if Kim was a defense-only player. She can be as offensive as anyone when she wants to. Or else how could she bagel a player of Amelie's caliber? Against the Williams sisters, I think she chooses to be a bit more defensive than usual as she thinks she will fair better against them but I think she's still learning to beat them so the next time she faces the sisters, we may see a different Kim, really.
Kim has the whole package to be a great offender and agressor at the same time in my opinion.

She has to learn quick, because not even in her best year she couldnīt beat them. Barely taking sets off them.

Kim can be offensive against Amelie, because Amelie plays clay-tennis on hardcourts: lots of spin....but can she flat out hit toe to toe with say Serena?! Donīt think so...sheīll always have to run more than Serena.

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Let go to the video tape!! Venus hit so many winners that KIm seldom get's to a ball. See wimbledon '03. Sarcasm is not your thing.....try cheerleading for Justine or Kim, ans!

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Not too many. Venus and serena first have to HIT a ball before Kim can run them down.

Indeed....and has been a long time since they have been on court against beloved Kimmie.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Let go to the video tape!! Venus hit so many winners that KIm seldom get's to a ball. See wimbledon '03. Sarcasm is not your thing.....try cheerleading for Justine or Kim, ans!

True that...there were some Venus-backhands, that Kim did NOT see coming at all.

ans
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:43 PM
try cheerleading for Justine or Kim, ans!

I am :banana:

KV
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Can see Kim winning the Aus-Open. To win 4 no way.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:51 PM
I am :banana:

:haha: :rolls: :haha:!

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Nice optimism vogus, but ahhhh all 4?!? I hate to break it to you but Kim has a hard enough timeshooting for 1 grand slam....and she might be lucky if she gets that.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:57 PM

This is not actually true. Kim hit more winners in that match, but Venus hit alot of shots that Kim couldn't get back over the net. Venus forced TONS of errors with her shotmaking. Kim couldn't keep up in the third set. Venus really took it to her. Kim has no answer.

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM
I don't think anyone will go four gs in 2004.. There are too many contenders... Justine Kim Serena Venus, and Let's not count Jennifer and Lindsay out.. or the army of Russians..
Some of the pressure is off kim, so we'll see if she can win a final.. but i doubt all four.. Sorry Kim!

Kart
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:06 PM
She might. It all depends on Lleyton - Kim was holding back this year because she didn't want to be more successful than her man and give him an inferiority complex. She really is the nicest player on the tour.

GANGSTABACKHAND!
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:44 PM
bandabou:
"True that...there were some Venus-backhands, that Kim did NOT see coming at all."

Correction. Kim saw those backhands coming, she just couldn't do anything about them!lol!!

PS: Keep cheering ANS. Venus will be back in '04. Justine and Kim will need all the cheering they can get at that point! We know what happens to J&K when Venus is accross the net?lol!! wink! wink!

-Ph51-
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:16 PM
bandabou:
"True that...there were some Venus-backhands, that Kim did NOT see coming at all."

Correction. Kim saw those backhands coming, she just couldn't do anything about them!lol!!

PS: Keep cheering ANS. Venus will be back in '04. Justine and Kim will need all the cheering they can get at that point! We know what happens to J&K when Venus is accross the net?lol!! wink! wink!
:lol:

-Ph51-
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM
you're dreaming.

M2k
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Obviously her two biggest chances are the Australian open and the US Open, but all four?!? :rolleyes: If Serena and Justine don't defend on Wimbledom/French Open it would be a HUGE upset.