PDA

View Full Version : Even Though Kim Won Tonight, I Think The Belgian Domination May Be Over

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Yes, the YEC match was a dud, but there was something I noticed in Kim's game. She was down 0-30 on some of her service games and if she was playing Justine, Jennifer or either Williams sister, she would not have held serve.

Having said that, I think this Belgian domination is going to end like the Williams sisters domination ended the middle of this year. The reasons are that the sisters are coming back to give the Belgians some competition, both Kim and Justine showed some vunerability in their games at this YEC and plus like the sisters last year, they have a lot of points to defend and the acutally have a lot more than the sisters and as we saw this year, not everything can be defended.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:24 AM
What Belgian dominance??

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:28 AM
What Belgian dominance??

The dominance that occured when the Williams sisters went out with injuries, but they acutally dominated the clay court season, but again, Venus was injured and Serena decided to only play one tournament.

Alan
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:31 AM
WHATEVER! hehehe ;) i just want good tennis, whether they're Belgians, americans, williamses etc etc

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Their NEVER was Belgian dominance....they dominated in absence of the sisters. They know it and everybody knows it.

jellybelly
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:32 AM
What Belgian dominance??

Justine/Kim win almost every tourney they enter after wimbledon :wavey: (in Leipzig one get beaten, one retire)

that=dominance

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:33 AM
Serena played 3 clay matches (Charleston, Rome, and RG) and each of those events were won by a Belgian. I'm not trying to stirr up anything but don't make it seem like the clay season was dominated by the Belgians because the Williams were not there. The Belgians played 5 clay tournaments and they won 4 of them. The Belgians won ALL Clay Tier Is or higher.

anyhow, I don't want to make excuses but it has been a long year and using the YEC to indicate how well the Belgians will do next year is kinda useless.

jellybelly
Their NEVER was Belgian dominance....they dominated in absence of the sisters. They know it and everybody knows it.

you just answer own question :lol:

they dominated in absence of S/V :p

Knizzle
Justine/Kim win almost every tourney they enter after wimbledon :wavey: (in Leipzig one get beaten, one retire)

that=dominance

How come it started after Wimbledon??

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:34 AM

that=dominance

And oh what coincidence, what happened after wimbledon as well?!

Yeah, thatīs right....NO Williams on tour anymore. That sure helped. The sisters dominated with EVERYONE on tour.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:34 AM

True, but they stepped up and won the tournaments in their absence. I don't think that will happen next year becaus what goes up must come down and they will.

jellybelly
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:35 AM
How come it started after Wimbledon??

because Serena and Venus stop playing obviously :o

the question is about dominance not why dominance :p

Cam'ron Giles

Except that bitch Pam...If I ever see her I am gonna slap her hair right back to the "Pam FRO" for saying that Kim beat up on Venus at last years YEC...That stup bia knew the deal and put it out there for people who dont know any better to believe...I HATER HER...:mad:

bandabou
They will fo suh!

Knizzle
because Serena and Venus stop playing obviously :o

the question is about dominance not why dominance :p

Was it really dominance then??

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Serena played 3 clay matches (Charleston, Rome, and RG) and each of those events were won by a Belgian. I'm not trying to stirr up anything but don't make it seem like the clay season was dominated by the Belgians because the Williams were not there. The Belgians played 5 clay tournaments and they won 4 of them. The Belgians won ALL Clay Tier Is or higher.

anyhow, I don't want to make excuses but it has been a long year and using the YEC to indicate how well the Belgians will do next year is kinda useless.

Don't give me that. When Kim won the YEC last year, EVERYBODY said that she would step up and challenge the Williamses. What we got was Kim going 0-4 and Jusinte going 2-1. If my math is correct, the sisters, only playing six months, dominated the Belgians.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Don't give me that. When Kim won the YEC last year, EVERYBODY said that she would step up and challenge the Williams. What we got was Kim going 0-4 and Jusinte going 2-1. If my math is correct, the sisters, only playing six month, dominated the Belgians.

Justine was 2-2 vs. the sisters.

jellybelly
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Was it really dominance then??

you want definition?
dominant:

\Dom"i*nant\, a. [L. dominans, -antis, p. pr. of dominari: cf. F. dominant. See Dominate.] Ruling; governing; prevailing; controlling; predominant;

Steffi dominant in Monica absence and amelie dominant in early 2001 but not all year

winning almost all events you enter=dominance

does not have to stretch entire year :p

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:39 AM
so explain to me: for four months all the events these two women entered they won save one and that was due to a retirement, what do you think that says. does it matter the williams weren't around. they won what they needed to win. someone else could have won those matches but didn't. i don't know what that means but seems pretty dominant to me.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Letīs see whatīs gonna happen right now. They have all the prove next year. They are no.1 and no.2, winning tournaments left and right....letīs see how they will react to the return of the sistahs!

Serena is down to no.3 in the world, her reign is over.....Venus isnīt even top 10 anymore. It are the Belgians who are the favourites now, right?!

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Justine was 2-2 vs. the sisters.

Thank you for reminding me. I forgot about the beating Serena gave Justine at Wimbeldon.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Thank you for reminding me. I forgot about the beating Serena gave Justine at Wimbeldon.

No, the beating Venus gave her at the AO.

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:41 AM
Don't give me that. When Kim won the YEC last year, EVERYBODY said that she would step up and challenge the Williamses. What we got was Kim going 0-4 and Jusinte going 2-1. If my math is correct, the sisters, only playing six months, dominated the Belgians.
wtf you made an incorrect reference to the clay season saying that serena only played one event and that venus was injured. when in reality serena played 3 and loss all three of them. and if venus was so injured then she shouldn't have entered RG. she obviously felt well enough to play.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Letīs see whatīs gonna happen right now. They have all the prove next year. They are no.1 and no.2, winning tournaments left and right....letīs see how they will react to the return of the sistahs!

Serena is down to no.3 in the world, her reign is over.....Venus isnīt even top 10 anymore. It are the Belgians who are the favourites now, right?!

According to Mary Joe, it doesn't matter where the sisters are ranked, they are the favorite (well, in her mind).

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:43 AM
The dominance that occured when the Williams sisters went out with injuries, but they acutally dominated the clay court season, but again, Venus was injured and Serena decided to only play one tournament.

do you remember this? one tournament? I guess Charleston, Rome, and RG is all the same.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Ok, we can say this. The Belgians only dominated when one or both of the WS were injured, the WS dominated with everyone intact over 4 majors. Belgian dominance does not equal Williams dominance.

Nobody's Perfecc
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:44 AM
True, even though I'm not a particularly big Venus Williams fan, it did irk me to hear Pam say that Kim was the only player last year to beat the Williams Sisters in the same tournament even though Venus retired. I guess she does have a point as retiring counts as a loss.

The commentary job during the YEC was painful to hear, although I got a laugh every time they did the Austin Powers bit about the prize money, however inane and stupid that was.

jellybelly
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:46 AM
Ok, we can say this. The Belgians only dominated when one or both of the WS were injured, the WS dominated with everyone intact over 4 majors. Belgian dominance does not equal Williams dominance.

no obviously S/V dominance last year not equal by Belgians :lol:

not my point my point that it= some dominance

they only wish they play like Serena :p

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:46 AM
wtf you made an incorrect reference to the clay season saying that serena only played one event and that venus was injured. when in reality serena played 3 and loss all three of them. and if venus was so injured then she shouldn't have entered RG. she obviously felt well enough to play.

I got your point; I forgot about FCC and Rome.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:49 AM
According to Mary Joe, it doesn't matter where the sisters are ranked, they are the favorite (well, in her mind).

Who?! The Belgians?! Of course they are the favourites!! Look at their h2hīs against Venus and Serena.

Kim vs Serena: 1-8/9?
Kim vs Venus: 2-6( one retirement win for Kim)

Justine vs Serena: 3-5( all victories on clay)
Justine vs Venus: 1-7/8?( hasnīt beaten Venus in two years.)

That is favouritism! It really doesnīt matter where the Williamses are, the Belgians are gonna win for suh!!

Do u think any self-respecting is gonna give a thing where no.11 Venus may end in the draw?!

GoDominique
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Venus 23 years 5 months
Serena 22 years 1 month

Justine 21 years 5 months
Kim 20 years 5 months

Isn't it possible that Kim and Justine actually got BETTER this year because they were OLDER?

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:51 AM
But they arenīt THAT much younger than Serena.

shap_half
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:51 AM
I got your point; I forgot about FCC and Rome.

yeah

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Venus 23 years 5 months
Serena 22 years 1 month

Justine 21 years 5 months
Kim 20 years 5 months

Isn't it possible that Kim and Justine actually got BETTER this year because they were OLDER?

Being older doesn't make you better. Hard work does. I guess the WS just haven't done anything and are stagnant and can't improve at all.

skanky~skanketta
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:53 AM
lizchris, another hater. what else is new?

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:54 AM
But they arenīt THAT much younger than Serena.

Good point.

I made the same point after Justine won the French that Serena is only nine months older than her and has been much more sucessful.

GoDominique
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:55 AM
My point is: Just because Venus and Serena were dominating last year, you can't assume they will do it again because Kim and Justine have vastly improved since then.
Maybe next year everyone will be on top of their games and then we will see.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:56 AM
lizchris, another hater. what else is new?

I am not a hater; just telling it like it is. If you can't take the truth, then start your own post.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:58 AM
My point is: Just because Venus and Serena were dominating last year, you can't assume they will do it again because Kim and Justine have vastly improved since then.
Maybe next year everyone will be on top of their games and then we will see.

You can't assume they won't either.

GoDominique
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:59 AM
You can't assume they won't either.
And ?

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:00 AM
Of course, the domination is gonna be tougher to achieve....but I still think Williamses at their bests beats Belgians on three surfaces and will be competitive on clay...

You see how Kim was stepping inside the court today and dictating...you can see the difference with last year, where it was all splits left and right.

And the best OFFENSE will always beat the best defense. Or in Venus case better defense will beat ordinary defense.

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:07 AM
wow! a willies fans powow!

nothing like a good bellyaching thread to end the year huh?

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:11 AM
wow! a willies fans powow!

nothing like a good bellyaching thread to end the year huh?

ainīt that JUST the truth?!

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:44 AM
What tion?

The field was devoid of the true players.

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:49 AM
what?!! those 8 players are all fictional??!

Tarzan
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:56 AM
Kim eat them all for lunch at the Slams when she doesn't play doubles anymore next year.

Kim did played 13 matchen average in three Slams, while the other Top three players only played 6 matches average!

Watch next year!

Vamos Kim :kiss: