PDA

View Full Version : "The Unworthy One" finishes an embarrassing year

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:01 AM
This girl is such crap. She should be embarrassed. Other than breaking the single-season record for prize money, winning the most titles of anyone on tour, and winning more matches in a season than anyone has for 20 years, she has done absolutely nothing in Singles. And we all know Ai has been carrying her.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:02 AM
I agree with it being an embarrasing year, but she was worthy of the number one.

Diya
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Anyone but Justine and Serena would kill for a year like that !

Great year for a great girl ! :worship: I hope her 2004 is even better than her 2003 !!:bounce:

sunnysideup
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:03 AM
wild guess...monica seles.:haha:

you always talk about her, don't ya?:p

Knizzle
This girl is such crap. She should be embarrassed. Other than breaking the single-season record for prize money, winning the most titles of anyone on tour, and winning more matches in a season than anyone has for 20 years, she has done absolutely nothing in Singles. And we all know Ai has been carrying her.

Nothing to talk about now, she is not #1 anymore.

GoDominique
:zzz:

Sam L
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:04 AM
I'm soooo embarassed for Kim. :o :o :o

:clap2:

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Yep...nice and all. 100 matches, this and that....so many singles victories, but at the two moments supremes, she got spanked: 6-0 6-4 and 7-5 6-1.

Thatīs all what is gonna be remembered.

Sam L
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:08 AM
Yep...nice and all. 100 matches, this and that....so many singles victories, but at the two moments supremes, she got spanked: 6-0 6-4 and 7-5 6-1.

I feel sorry for you. It's obvious that you're upset that Kim won. :o

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:11 AM
No, I feel great for her that she won..but it is just amazing that one could have won so many matches and yet still failed so badly on the biggest stages.

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Blah Blah :ras: :lol:

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:26 AM

Don't forget the semifinals at the AO where she had two match points and Wimbeldon where she couldn't even take out an injured Venus, who beat her 6-1 in the final set.

Alan
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM

yeah you're right! kim i think has in a way proved herself with such a convincing win!!! :)

it doesn't matter now if she isn't number one, she's a fantastic player, and has proved herself twice in a row, like hewitt ;)

Sam L
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:28 AM
No, I feel great for her that she won..

To thine own self be true.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:31 AM
yeah you're right! kim i think has in a way proved herself with such a convincing win!!! :)

it doesn't matter now if she isn't number one, she's a fantastic player, and has proved herself twice in a row, like hewitt ;)

I wouldn't talk too fast; Lleyton isn't even at this year's Masters because he failed to qualify.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:36 AM
To thine own self be true.

Indeed and that is the case.

CanadianBoy21
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Congrats to Kim... but why uplift her to such high stages?
She is no longer #1 - Justine is.
Justine has had far better year than Kim did. FAR better. She does have two grand slams, over Kim, and beat Serena, as well as a winning record against Kim this year.
Kim lost to Justine numerous times, to Venus twice(easily, at home), to Serena twice(+Hopman Cup), choked a lot of times, as shown by AO and Wimby where she could not take out an totally INJURED Venus, not to mention the final she lost to Ai where Ai was about to fall over and still managed to beat Kim.
It has not been excactly all great for her.
She has to be lucky that this year their were no Venus and Serena. She has NOT beaten them in excactly a year.
Yes, Kimmie has had a good year, she made the best out of it, but let's not put her on the top(ugh uhm, she has NOT won a slam and people are putting her on top). To me, she is another Hingis without the five slams.
But I should not be this harsh towards Kim either.
Let's wait and see what 2004 will bring, maybe Kim can show herself among Venus, Serena, Justine, Lindsay, Monica, Jennifer ALL in the big tournies.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Yep....she is a poor manīs Hingis and at least Hingis DID have 5 slams already, before she turned into play rabbit.

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Justine has had far better year than Kim did. FAR better. She does have two grand slams, over Kim, and beat Serena, as well as a winning record against Kim this year.
Kim lost to Justine numerous times, to Venus twice(easily, at home), to Serena twice(+Hopman Cup), choked a lot of times, as shown by AO and Wimby where she could not take out an totally INJURED Venus, not to mention the final she lost to Ai where Ai was about to fall over and still managed to beat Kim.
She has to be lucky that this year their were no Venus and Serena. She has NOT beaten them in excactly a year.
Yes, Kimmie has had a good year, she made the best out of it, but let's not put her on the top(ugh uhm, she has NOT won a slam and people are putting her on top). To me, she is another Hingis without the five slams.
Let's wait and see what 2004 will bring, maybe Kim can show herself among Venus, Serena, Justine, Lindsay, Monica, Jennifer ALL in the big tournies.

How come nobody ever ever EVER talks about the fact that it took Serena 3 sets to beat an even more injured Venus in the Wimbledon Final?

And Kim has also beaten Justine many times this year.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:03 AM
That is the point. Serena DID beat Venus and Kim didnīt.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:04 AM
Great year for both of the Belgians.

You were all saying?

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Nada...there canīt be two worthy ones. Only one and that one is Justine this year.

sunnysideup
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:12 AM
now Justine knows the pressure of being no. 1. Can she handle it? your guess is as good as mine.:devil:

Hots4Safin
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:13 AM
No one talks about it taking Serena 3 sets b/c number 1 she won, number 2 Venus is her sister (which makes watching your opponent wince in pain after every serve a lot harder) and number 3, she knew Venus would have beat her had she not aggravated the injury. Venus played a phenomenal tournament taking out Zvonereva, Petrova, Davenport, Clijsters, and the first set from Serena.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:15 AM
Yeah....after semi-tanking against Ai and getting beaten by Amelie, she doesnīt exactly end the year on a high.

great smash
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Don't get me wrong Justine is the deserved world no. 1, winning 2 slams in a year is not an easy thing to do, and I want to fully acknowledge that.

What I don't like is the way Kim's year is by some projected as far worse.

If changing the outcome of one single match (you have two options) could turn Kim into an equally deserved no. 1 than her year can't have been bad by any means, like some seems to continue to claim.

Some pleople will always have different opinions but in my book one lost (or won for that matter) match doesn't make or break a season!

CanadianBoy21
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:33 AM
Don't get me wrong Justine is the deserved world no. 1, winning 2 slams in a year is not an easy thing to do, and I want to fully acknowledge that.

What I don't like is the way Kim's year is by some projected as far worse.

If changing the outcome of one single match (you have two options) could turn Kim into an equally deserved no. 1 than her year can't have been bad by any means, like some seems to continue to claim.

Some pleople will always have different opinions but in my book one lost (or won for that matter) match doesn't make or break a season!

Okay, so, let me get this straight, u are saying that if Venus would have won Wimbledon over Serena, her year would have not been salvaged and would have not made a difference?????????

Of course it makes or breaks a season. Venus and Kim have had both unsuccessful year. Ask ANY top player and why they play, it is not becasue of smaller tournies, or anything else, it is because of the MAJORS, which both Venus and Kim lately/always lacked/lack.

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:35 AM
This is the worst titled thread i've ever seen. Kim deserves everything she got. She is a great player. Just because she failed to win the grand slams says nothing about her skill. So she has a little problem when it comes to the finals, who gives a shit.. she made three finals.. that's more than can be said for serena or venus this year. she reached #1 so she deserves just as much credit as all the others. GOOD JOB KIM! GREAT YEAR. CONGRATS ON THE WTA CHAMPS

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Kim had a sorry year. She didn't compete well at all. All she did was amass some meaningless singles titles.

Pfft. Until this choker wins a slam, she's a nobody.

and that's what the history books will reflect.

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Ask ANY top player and why they play, it is not becasue of smaller tournies, or anything else, it is because of the MAJORS, which both Venus and Kim lately/always lacked/lack.
1 million bucks prize money... what a small tournament this is!

This is the worst titled thread i've ever seen
ever heard of the word "sarcasm"?

Justinefan
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:40 AM
unbelievable

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:40 AM
Pfft. Until this choker wins a slam, she's a nobody.

and you are....?

Sam L
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:41 AM
and you are....?
:tape:

Ballbuster
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:42 AM
and you are....?

A BADA$$ WILLIAMS FAN!

TennisHack
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:43 AM
Venus and Kim have had both unsuccessful year.

Damn, I'd like to make $4 million a year and be unsuccessful.

Gospodin
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:44 AM
A BADA$$ WILLIAMS FAN!
wow. i'll bet thats more than anything kim clijsters will ever be.

franny
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Kim had a great year guys. She did not have as good a year as Justine or Serena, but why must we feel the necessity to bring down her accomplishments? THe girl won 9 titles, over 4 million dollars in prize money, and won how many matches? She reached two grand slam finals and two semifinals. TO me, she is the deserved number 2 playing in the world, with very little coming in between her and Serena(the two of them can flip flop). The year is over, the ranking represents what it should be(finally). JUstine, clearly the best player of the year, is number 1. Kim and Serena, the next best two is at number 2 and 3. Its over, lets all wait and anticipate till the aussie open, where we'll have serena, kim, justine, lindsay, jennifer, amelie, and venus all in the field. How exciting will that be~!

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:27 AM
A BADA$$ WILLIAMS FAN!

Take the "bad" out and you are bang on.

harloo
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:29 AM
disposable seems obsessed with proving that Kim deserves her ranking. Well of course she does, but until Kim lifts up a SLAM Trophy her wins at the WTA Championships still won't add up.

BTW, I did not mind that she won either, but reality is reality. ;)

Rub
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:52 AM
:silly::silly::silly::silly::silly::silly:

TS
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:00 AM
Nicely said harloo.

Yeah Kim is a good player, she has won shitloads of titles/money etc etc...most of us can see that (educated fans with a brain). No need to waste your time making threads like this. It's getting tired.

nante4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Oh, well. the unworthy one gets so many posts...eat your hearts out.

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Nicely said harloo.

Yeah Kim is a good player, she has won shitloads of titles/money etc etc...most of us can see that (educated fans with a brain). No need to waste your time making threads like this. It's getting tired.

OK. You have my permission to not read threads like this unless they interest you.

nante4ever
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:13 AM

I dont understand why Ai beating KIm is so bad. Dont forget that the supposed worthy no. 1 was beaten by Ai in straight sets!

Couver
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:16 AM
I think it's been an awesome year for Kim. And I think she's mature enough to know that. She's only 20 and she has a lot of time left to give to the tour. She's been the most consistent player this year and that alone is an accomplishment.

What will people say when she wins a slam? :tape:

Hagar
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:28 AM

Well, this tournament showed what Clijsters needs to be in top form for a BIG final: a top 10 player for dinner every day. Allows her to have matches that are a bit more than a training session.
Bring on Venus and Serena!

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:33 AM
One thing I have to give Kim a :worship: for is that she won 90 matches this year :eek: this is including the Hopman of course, but I think the ITF counts that as a victory.

Hagar
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:34 AM
I wouldn't talk too fast; Lleyton isn't even at this year's Masters because he failed to qualify.

Yeah. And even if he never wins a tennis match again, Lleyton has achieved something that a lot of players can only dream of.

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Yeah. And even if he never wins a tennis match again, Lleyton has achieved something that a lot of players can only dream of.

Sleeping with Kim?

Hagar
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Sleeping with Kim?

Yeah. Sleeping with Kim, her mighty body wrapped up in her huge paycheck and nothing else.
Lleyton was a far-seeing guy when he let his eye fall on Kim.
:D

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:14 AM

Damn. bandabou and I agree on something.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Weak. I guess that I'm also upset. I wish somebody had told me ahead of time, I might have brought kleenex.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:17 AM

She has not proven herself like Hewitt; please, it's an insult to Hewitt's achievements to compare the two like that. Hewitt is a two time Grand Slam champion and spent 70 odd weeks as number one. Kim may very well do the same someday, but right now, the only reason Kim and Hewitt should be mentioned in the same breathe is that they are dating.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:19 AM
How come nobody ever ever EVER talks about the fact that it took Serena 3 sets to beat an even more injured Venus in the Wimbledon Final?

And Kim has also beaten Justine many times this year.
Not where it counts the most.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:23 AM
I think it's been an awesome year for Kim. And I think she's mature enough to know that. She's only 20 and she has a lot of time left to give to the tour. She's been the most consistent player this year and that alone is an accomplishment.

What will people say when she wins a slam? :tape:
Good for her?

justine&coria
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:24 AM
No one here dared to say that Kim didn't have a wonderful year !
But, the fact is that even with such a good year, she did not achieved what Justine did. She's still far. And in the 5 last matches against Justine, she lost 4 !
And I don't like you mixing the doubles and singles achievement. Those are totally different. If I'm right, Justine leads her in the money rankings.
Anyway, I think Kim and AI deserved to finish the year at the 1st place !!!

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:26 AM
No one here dared to say that Kim didn't have a wonderful year !
But, the fact is that even with such a good year, she did not achieved what Justine did. She's still far. And in the 5 last matches against Justine, she lost 4 !
And I don't like you mixing the doubles and singles achievement. Those are totally different. If I'm right, Justine leads her in the money rankings.
Anyway, I think Kim and AI deserved to finish the year at the 1st place !!!Kim made more money than Justine. Kim went over 4 million.

fifiricci
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:26 AM
This is the worst titled thread i've ever seen. Kim deserves everything she got. She is a great player. Just because she failed to win the grand slams says nothing about her skill. So she has a little problem when it comes to the finals, who gives a shit.. she made three finals.. that's more than can be said for serena or venus this year. she reached #1 so she deserves just as much credit as all the others. GOOD JOB KIM! GREAT YEAR. CONGRATS ON THE WTA CHAMPS

Ermm, I think you missed the irony in it!

maryjane
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:32 AM
this has been a great year for kimmie.Honesty,if soemone told me about a year like this at the beginning of the season I'd have signed!!!
She could have won a slam but she arrived into finals,she hadn't lost far from it.
The only disappointing thing in my opinion was her psycological way to face the two finals.
She had always close matches vs justine instead in those finals basically she didn't play.
I've always known Kim as strong mentally so that those matches had really surpised me.Let's think at YEC final of last year!!!
An other thing I've noticed:Kim wins the important finals when Lleyton is not next to her...;)
Wonderful year and wonderful girl,mates!
She was so kind to say those thngs toward Billie Jean King during the ceremony,how many players
could have spoken like her during the ceremony???and the happy birthday to her friend...she's too sweet.
I don't remember who has written yesterday a post in which said:"it should be only a real bitch in not being a friend of Kim".
Looking at her yesterday on tv,I've definetely understood and I totally agree.:)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:35 AM
*puke*

justine&coria
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Kim made more money than Justine. Kim went over 4 million.

Okay, I'm sorry then.
But kim has played 3 tournies more.
ANd I don't think that Clijsters should have won more money than in a GS : she won $1.000.030, whereas Justine won $1.000.000 at USOPen and even less at RG.
To me, there are some problems concerning the Money Prizes. but it doesn't mind me at all, nor Justine I think.

kim4eva
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:06 AM
I don't understand why disposablehero can say Kim's "the unworthy one" :o ...it's not embarassing to win the WTA Champs, isn't it? "Nothing in singles"? Well I think you just said "winning the most titles of anyone on tour'.

Raj
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Does Kims year just come down to two matches really?
FO and US open finals?
If she had won just one of those matches would she be getting dissed?
Can you judge a player on two matches out of 101?
also isn't the season ending chapionships equvalent to a slam anyway?
Fact is Kim beat Amelie twice, Chanda, Dementieva and Capriati all in 6 days!
get real guys!
well done KIM and all the best for your first slam next year cos its gonna be even harder with the Williams (they just 2 good), u can do it.

gentenaire
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:31 PM
No one here dared to say that Kim didn't have a wonderful year!!

Many did! That's why Disposable put 'undeserving' in the title. It's a reference to all those critics who kept saying Kim was an undeserving number 1.

starr
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Kim had a great year guys. She did not have as good a year as Justine or Serena, but why must we feel the necessity to bring down her accomplishments? THe girl won 9 titles, over 4 million dollars in prize money, and won how many matches? She reached two grand slam finals and two semifinals. TO me, she is the deserved number 2 playing in the world, with very little coming in between her and Serena(the two of them can flip flop). The year is over, the ranking represents what it should be(finally). JUstine, clearly the best player of the year, is number 1. Kim and Serena, the next best two is at number 2 and 3. Its over, lets all wait and anticipate till the aussie open, where we'll have serena, kim, justine, lindsay, jennifer, amelie, and venus all in the field. How exciting will that be~!

Oh yes, Franny! I agree. How sad life would be if we only picked fruit from the highest tree. :)

Any fan would have to be enthralled with the way Kim played last night. She played cleanly and agressively and she glowed with good humor and sportsmanship. She has a spirit that is rare to find in competitive sports and it warms my heart to see it.

I read about her calling out a woman who was leaving the WTA after many years of service and recognizing her work. I have never seen a player at a high point in their career do something like this. Usually athletes are so self focused (and I don't blame them for it) that they don't think about anything other than their immediate accomplishment. She's a rare girl and one to treasure. Seeing her with children, I am thinking that she won't want to wait until her 30's to have her own. :)

DEETHELICK
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:32 PM
Kim is a really nice girl, very chilled out. She will win a Slam.

But if Kim wants to win multiple Slams, she needs to improve her game.

Against Amelie, she was very solid, she ran everything down and played it back deep with a lot of topspin.

There is still a difference in the oomph in her game compared to Lindsay, Jen, Justine and the Williams. Yeah she has beaten them, etc. but Kim's game doesn't have that one standout shot that makes me personally think, that is a GS winning game.

I think her defensive abilities are awesome, she just needs to get a bigger weapon (BH maybe?).

I found it ridiculous that Kim won against Elena 6-2 6-2, yet Elena was still able to hit more winners than here (as well as make more UEs).

When Venus, Serena and Justine (even Jen) are playing consistent aggressive tennis against Kim, she will fall short until she starts learning to take risks on court and become more comfortable hitting outright winners REGULARLY.

wateva
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:44 PM
i bet many of the girls on circuit would kill just to win one of kim's tier 3 titles...

andre_janis
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:07 PM
For years, no body talk about the YEC. People only remember those who won a slam.

And the great one got more than one trophies.

... this money maker only knows how to compete in a less challenging tourney.

She's not a great player cause she couldn't win a slam.

In 2004 Justine, Serena, Venus and Capriati will show their class. The following year would remain Justine & Serena's year. Amelie, Nastya and Elena will join them in 2005 competition. So, if she doesn't undergo a psycological therapy, there would be no possibility for her to be among the great players.

:))))

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Great year et al.....but she has to get more offensive against the other elites...otherwise that slam will remain elusive.

Venus Forever
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Well, this tournament showed what Clijsters needs to be in top form for a BIG final: a top 10 player for dinner every day. Allows her to have matches that are a bit more than a training session.
Bring on Venus and Serena!

Did this tournament really prove anything??

All it proved was that Kim will win when the Williams or Henin-Hardenne lose or are out injured.

Face it, she didn't face the elite in this tournament.

She beat Chanda, Dementieva, and Mauresmo - all, either erratic players, or / fellow chokers.

The only legitimate win was over Capriati, who was kicking ass, until she got injured again.

So, again, did this tournament prove anything else than what was already known??

disposablehero
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I think her defensive abilities are awesome, she just needs to get a bigger weapon (BH maybe?).

Kim's weapon is her her forehand, no question. What makes 2003 really amazing is that her forehand regressed to the point where she is often afraid to use it at more than half strength.

Jem
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:15 PM
I'm quite sure that Clijsters, for all her failings, is for more accomplished, successful and celebrated in her chosen profession than any of us posting in this thread will ever be in our chosen professions!

justine&coria
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Does Kims year just come down to two matches really?
FO and US open finals?
If she had won just one of those matches would she be getting dissed?
Can you judge a player on two matches out of 101?
also isn't the season ending chapionships equvalent to a slam anyway?
Fact is Kim beat Amelie twice, Chanda, Dementieva and Capriati all in 6 days!
get real guys!
well done KIM and all the best for your first slam next year cos its gonna be even harder with the Williams (they just 2 good), u can do it.

I totally disagree with you.
You're saying: "2 matches out of 101 do not mean anything"! Maybe.

But those 2 GS finals lost were:
against the same person,
against someone she was leading in the H-2-H,
against someone who was supposed to be tired,
against someone who was not the favourite to win,
against someone who was below her in the rankings,
against someone who's not a hardcourt specialist (at US Open)
against someone who beat her 3 times in a row (when someone beats you, you definitely want a revenge !!!)
when Clijsters was the favourite,
and lost in a quite easy way.

those facts mean lots of thing!!

Had Kim won at least one GS, she wouldn't have been dissed.

jenny161185
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:20 PM
lol what an embarrising yea for Kim two slam finals 8 titles and a number one ranking not to mention the small matter of around $4 million dollars

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:28 PM

He still has yet to win his home country's Grand Slama and the French Open (which I think he will never win).

DEETHELICK
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Disposable, thats why I think she should work on making her BH a more aggressive shot.

Her FH, when on is powerful, but in the Top 10, there are three other forehands better than hers.

Venus' BH is the only double hander that really stands out as a weapon. At Wimbledon, Kim was holding her own on the BH side, as she can really mix it up, using angles and power on that wing better.

Kim's FH always looks fragile. Attack it with decent power and due to Kim's big swing, it will inevitabley cause an error.

She needs her one big shot, that when pressed hard by other elite players, she'll be able to respond with some very aggressive shots of her own.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Kim wasnīt holding herself against Venus in backhand rallies. Venus would pin her in the backhand side and then...BOOM, the backhand down the line to end the point.

Youīre right...Kim doesnīt really a shot where she has an edge against the true elite.

DEETHELICK
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:58 PM
Okay, let me correct my statement, Kim was holding her own in the crosscourt BH rallies BUT as Venus always does so often, she hits a well disguised open stance BH DTL for a winner.

Happy? ;)

RAA
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:22 PM
she had a great year.

but to be considered a GREAT player, she'll need to win several slams. soon.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Okay, let me correct my statement, Kim was holding her own in the crosscourt BH rallies BUT as Venus always does so often, she hits a well disguised open stance BH DTL for a winner.

Happy? ;)

Donīt really care....in the end only what matters is that Venus won. Who cares if Kim was hanging in backhand rallies, when she couldnīt hang in forehand rallies, in serving contests?! WINNING is the ONLY thing that matters.