PDA

View Full Version : Amelie Wasn't Ready Tonight. The Question Is...

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:00 AM
will she ever be ready?

She will be 25 years old and to date, only one major final and a semi major final to show for it. I thoguth that she could have at least made it a match tonight, but her nerves got in the way. Having said that, I don't see her reaching a Grand Slam final next year or the year after and if she does, she will lose.

ToeTag
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:04 AM
:rolleyes: Well thanks for that "insight" oh full of shit one.btw,she won't be 25 until july.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:08 AM
:rolleyes: Well thanks for that "insight" oh full of shit one.btw,she won't be 25 until july.

That's what I meant, asswipe!

BTW, the one who is full of shit was Amelie because the way she was playing, she must of had it in her underwear waiting to come out.

Diya
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:09 AM
That's what I meant, asswipe!

BTW, the one who is full of shit was Amelie because the way she was playing, she must of had it in her underwear waiting to come out.

:rolleyes:

:lol: so annoyed that Kim won huh ? :lol:

ToeTag
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:11 AM
[QUOTE]That's what I meant, asswipe!
what that your full of shit...

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:12 AM
:rolleyes:

:lol: so annoyed that Kim won huh ? :lol:

I really didn't care who won.

I think you are more annoyed that the Williams sisters will be back in eight weeks.

jd
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:13 AM
will ya women just stop bitching up?
it's mess already

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:15 AM
There is no age for that...Amelie missed chunks of years due to her injuries.

But I think Kim-fans should be worrying about Kim first.

jenglisbe
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Hasn't she made 1 final and 2 semifinals?? She made the semis of the 2002 Wimbledon and U.S. Open...

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:54 AM
I'm still feeling bad about this YEC final, but I'm sticking with Amelie even if her nerves get in the way time and again and she never achieves what would otherwise be her potential.

Okay, she doesn't have nerves of steel on the big occasions. Not many people do. It's a pity, coz nerves of steel are a great advantage in competitive sport. This weakness may (or may not) prevent her winning majors and YECs or advancing to a ranking right at the top. Some of the other players have better nerves. Well, good for them.

It doesn't detract from her being one of the most exciting players on the tour, someone who wins most of her matches, can produce a dramatic upset at any time even against someone like Serena, and is a joy to watch in full flight. Nor does it make her a worse human being. Some of you ought to give her and her fans a break.

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Hasn't she made 1 final and 2 semifinals?? She made the semis of the 2002 Wimbledon and U.S. Open...

When I said semi major final, I was referring to the YEC as it isn't considered a Grand Slam event, but it is higher than Indian Wells (in 2004) and Miami, which are super Tier I's.