PDA

View Full Version : Venus divulges her early 2004 plans!!

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:21 AM
On the Road Again

I have not played a tournament since July so it will be hectic and I'll be excited when I get back out there in the middle of the competition.

It looks like I will start my year by playing an exhibition in Hong Kong and then head to Australia for a week of practice before playing the Australian Open. Last year Serena and I won the doubles championship in Australia - this year my goal is the singles title!

After the years' first Grand Slam, I am going to Japan for my first time - I am really looking forward to being in Japan so I'll be sure to fill you in on that when I return.

After the tournament in Japan, I will have one week off before going to Belgium to defend my title and to win the Golden Racquet.

Last year I missed the tournament in Dubai because of security concerns but I am planning to go back this year --- it is a beautiful place and a fabulous tournament.

Following Dubai, I will finally have some time off which I am sure I will just be itching for after just about two months of straight tournament play.

I am totally looking forward to showing all of my supporters some new moves and really just bring my game to the next level in general. So in the meantime I have got to get out the practice and make sure that my game is tight.

Hang Cool, Venus

right1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:24 AM
I guess she want to win next year

ptkten
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:24 AM
That's great to see Venus committed to playing so much early in the year to make sure her ranking doesn't fall too far. Hopefully she's healthy.

Good luck Venus!

ktwtennis
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:25 AM
I wish all the players did this!!

Rocketta
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Whoa! :cool:

That's a lot of playing!

Take it easy Venus! Take it Easy! :)

Chance
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:28 AM
wow @ Vee's schedule! Thanks for posting.. I waiting for her website to give an update.

Diya
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Wanting to do something and actually doing it are two totally separate things. Don't believe me? Then ask Serena coz she wanted to go undeafeated through 2003 . :tape:

N e ways we'll see how she does

Infiniti2001
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:31 AM
I'm loving this very strong, positive attitude from Miss Vee. I can't wait for 2004 :p

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:32 AM
she's gonna play more than she did in 2002/2003 in 1st 3-4 months ???

gonna be an interesting start to 2004.

"Topaz"
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Good news about Venus! But where is the link, Knizzle?

Jericho
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Wanting to do something and actually doing it are two totally separate things ? Don't believe me ? Then ask Serena coz she wanted to go undeafeated through 2003 . :tape:

N e ways we'll see how she does

Someones a little angry that Venus isn't retiring...too bad...boo hoo :sad: :tape:

Anyways, I am so pumped!!! :bounce:

Infiniti2001
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Don't you just love people like Diya?? :tape: They are so compelled and fascinated by the Williamses they can't look away. They can't stop thinking about them. UGH :fiery:

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Don't you just love people like Diya?? :tape: They are so compelled and fascinated by the Williamses they can't look away. They can't stop thinking about them. UGH :fiery:

:haha: So true!!!

Diya
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:38 AM

..."love people like...." and then a :fiery: at the end of the post ?:tape:

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Good news about Venus! But where is the link, Knizzle?

Here it is, Venus site is complicated.

http://www.venuswilliams.com/content/default.sps?iType=4846&icustompageid=8288

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:41 AM
..."love people like...." and then a :fiery: at the end of the post ?:tape:

:confused: :lol: :tape:

JennyS
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Venus played a full schedule (16 tournaments) in 2002, but I think that was the only time she played that much.

It makes sense to play as many tournaments as possible at the beginning of the season, especially after a long layoff. She has the chance to really add some ranking points.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:42 AM
I guess she want to win next year

Sorry, I know you posted this, and I thought I stopped this before I posted it, but to my surprise it is still here. I would delete, but others have posted now.

Chance
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:42 AM
ok how come I can't find it on their website... but I just read her first meeting with 311.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Venus played a full schedule (16 tournaments) in 2002, but I think that was the only time she played that much.

It makes sense to play as many tournaments as possible at the beginning of the season, especially after a long layoff. She has the chance to really add some ranking points.

She played 18 tournies in 1999. Along with Fed Cup.

Infiniti2001
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:48 AM

She played 16 tournaments in '98 and 20 in '99 including 2 FedCups and the Championships.

vs1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:53 AM
YAY!!! Great to hear that the QUEEN is feeling positive and looking ahead into the 2004 season. I've always thought that the Tokyo tourney would be a good way for Venus or Serena to pick up a Tier I title. And she's definitely got her eye on those diamonds!!! :drool: We know one of the things that motivates her!!! :worship:

Thanks for posting and good luck to Venus in 2004!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

right1
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:56 AM
On the Road Again

I have not played a tournament since July so it will be hectic and I'll be excited when I get back out there in the middle of the competition.

It looks like I will start my year by playing an exhibition in Hong Kong and then head to Australia for a week of practice before playing the Australian Open. Last year Serena and I won the doubles championship in Australia - this year my goal is the singles title!

After the years' first Grand Slam, I am going to Japan for my first time - I am really looking forward to being in Japan so I'll be sure to fill you in on that when I return.

After the tournament in Japan, I will have one week off before going to Belgium to defend my title and to win the Golden Racquet. Last year I missed the tournament in Dubai because of security concerns but I am planning to go back this year --- it is a beautiful place and a fabulous tournament.

Following Dubai, I will finally have some time off which I am sure I will just be itching for after just about two months of straight tournament play.

I am totally looking forward to showing all of my supporters some new moves and really just bring my game to the next level in general. So in the meantime I have got to get out the practice and make sure that my game is tight.

Hang Cool, Venus
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That girl is bad

xr6turbo
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:57 AM
ok how come I can't find it on their website... but I just read her first meeting with 311.

I found it using Knizzles link. ;)

Venus Forever
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:10 AM
Wow, I'm loving the Queen.

She sure seems determined to come back and kick some ass.

She sounds more determined than ever. The Venus of 2000-1 will be back!! :D

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:16 AM
I am happy to see that Venus is playing two more tournaments before Miami this year and I was surprised to seet that she is going to play in Japan. I hope that is the first of many Tier I tournaments we will see her at in 2004.

Diay, dumbass, the reason why Venus has announced her commitments is because commitments to early 2004 tournaments have to be finalized by the end of this month. If you want proof, check the adidas International website.

BTW, since Venus is playing Dubai and Antwerp, that mean that it is most likely that Seren'a is going to play Paris Indoors and Doha (since that tournament is now a Tier II).

Trish101
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:20 AM
hopefully shell be ready to actually fulfill her comitments this year...ill believe it when i see it, thats all im sayin.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:37 AM
hopefully shell be ready to actually fulfill her comitments this year...ill believe it when i see it, thats all im sayin.

:rolleyes:

calabar
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:40 AM
On the Road Again

After the tournament in Japan, I will have one week off before going to Belgium to defend my title and to win the Golden Racquet.

Last year I missed the tournament in Dubai because of security concerns but I am planning to go back this year --- it is a beautiful place and a fabulous tournament.

Hang Cool, Venus

Should we infer that Venus will NOT be playing doubles at AO 04? Just asking.

bandabou
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:44 AM
That´s the spirit Vee! Looking forward to ´04!!

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:45 AM
She might not be.

She foolishly played doubles at Wimbeldon and reinjured herself. She may be taking it slow in 2004 and not playing doubles at all, but we will see when the doubles draw comes out during the 2004 AO.

nitsansh
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:46 AM
Whoa! :cool:

That's a lot of playing!

Take it easy Venus! Take it Easy! :)

4 tournaments in 2 months (5 if you count exhibition) is not really lot of playing...

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:47 AM
I know this is :topic: but look at tiny Serena.

http://picsrv.altdc3.va.twimm.net/fif=/serenawilliams/img_243_46.fpx&obj=iip,1.0&wid=208&hei=208&rgn=0.0512,0.0385,0.9203,0.7317&bgc=255,255,255&cvt=jpeg

right1
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:48 AM
So Venus will be playing three weeks in a row

nitsansh
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:54 AM
Only if she gets to the 2nd week of AO...

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:55 AM
4 tournaments in 2 months (5 if you count exhibition) is not really lot of playing...

Yes it is, she will be playing 5 out of 6 weeks.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Only if she gets to the 2nd week of AO...

Oooh, that will be hard for Venus.
:rolleyes:

Chance
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:59 AM
I found it using Knizzles link. ;)
:p lol I was a bit slow, I was looking at Vee's site while I was typing that message.

Well judging from that article Venus won't be playing IW... so when February/March comes around don't go be posting 'Will Venus be playing IW'..

Btw thanks for the link Knizzle.

right1
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:08 AM
I like the one where she say what's in here tennis bag

Veritas
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:19 AM
Yay! Venus will be in Asia...twice :) :woohoo: :eek:

And guys, if you don't feed the troll (Diya), it'll eventually go away ;)

lizchris
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:32 AM
:p lol I was a bit slow, I was looking at Vee's site while I was typing that message.

Well judging from that article Venus won't be playing IW... so when February/March comes around don't go be posting 'Will Venus be playing IW'..

Btw thanks for the link Knizzle.

The commitments for IW are due for at least another six weeks, but I don't think she an Serena would go unless the WTA promises something for them. What that would be, I don't know.

mishar
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:47 AM
GO VENUS!

That is great news. I'm so happy that one of the sisters is going to play Tokyo finally and that Venus will play more Tier I tournaments.

geoepee
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:15 AM
I had a feeling that Venus would plan on playing in Japan early next season, and I was right. Best of luck Venus! I can't wait for January already! :)

Mister B
Nov 11th, 2003, 04:21 AM
Thanks for the article, can't wait to see her back and to see how she'll play against the Belgians!

tennisIlove09
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:04 AM
I sense total Venus domination coming in 2004. Just a feeling I have...could be indigestion, but I don't think so

TS
Nov 11th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Good luck to her...I miss her out there, so I hope she sticks with it :)

franny
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Yay go Vee!! Come back strong and provide us with some more exciting matches! I'm shocked to see her playing in Tokyo, Dubai, and Belgium. Thats a lot of tourneys early on. Looks liek someone wants to get back to number 1-2.

Knizzle
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Yay go Vee!! Come back strong and provide us with some more exciting matches! I'm shocked to see her playing in Tokyo, Dubai, and Belgium. Thats a lot of tourneys early on. Looks liek someone wants to get back to number 1-2.

I just hope she is the Aussie champ when she plays the Pan Pacific.

Asmus
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:37 AM
So Venus says she'll play

Hong Kong
Aus Open
Tokyo
Antwerp
Dubai

I'll believe it when I see it, although it looks like she and Serena aren't planning on going back to Indian Wells...

Dymension
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Good decision Venus :worship:

Nikola
Nov 11th, 2003, 09:01 AM
:d

esquímaux
Nov 11th, 2003, 10:45 AM
:bounce: the queen is back :bounce:

Bероника
Nov 11th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Go Venus!!!

Cariaoke
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Venus! :hearts:

I love her! Good luck, Queen! :bowdown:

G_Slammed
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:05 PM
And guys, if you don't feed the troll (Diya), it'll eventually go away

Wrong.

As long as there are women who look like V&S, Rubin, Stevenson, Haynes in the sport, there WILL ALWAYS be those of Diya's ilk right there down front.. protesting.

Paneru
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Great attitude!
Venus is making no bones
about what she wants!

If she can stay healthy throughout the entire year,
I say this will definitely be the year of the Queen!

GO VENUS!!! :worship: :bounce: :worship: