PDA

View Full Version : Will the Coetzer vs. Kournikova match be televised on CBS?

Reichen
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:26 PM
People were saying that CBS would show this exhibition match on Thanksgiving Day, but I can't find it on the TV Sports schedule. Can anyone confirm this?

(By the way, CBS might show some of the U.S. summer hardcourt warmup events, like Los Angeles, Stanford, etc. The article is at Yahoo! Sports)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:54 PM
People were saying that CBS would show this exhibition match on Thanksgiving Day, but I can't find it on the TV Sports schedule. Can anyone confirm this?

(By the way, CBS might show some of the U.S. summer hardcourt warmup events, like Los Angeles, Stanford, etc. The article is at Yahoo! Sports)
i would be SOOOOOOO happy if it was!!! :bounce:

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:59 PM
and which people did u hear mention that thats true???

Reichen
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:11 PM
and which people did u hear mention that thats true???

It was actually posted in a newspaper article, saying that CBS would show it.

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:21 PM
It was actually posted in a newspaper article, saying that CBS would show it.
if they show it i will be overjoyed LOL

AjdeNate!
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:30 PM
I remember reading it too. It's with Jan Michael and Anna, and isn't Pete Sampras gonna be there (no playing) as well?... Lemme find a link.

vogus
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:32 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn...

AjdeNate!
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:35 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn...
Don't be rude please. Coetzer and K-kova are allowed to have fans too. Thank you. ;)

AjdeNate!
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Superset Tennis
Portland, USA, October 13
- Anna Kournikova has joined the inaugural Superset Tennis event set for Saturday, November 22nd at the Rose Garden, Portland arena in the exhibition event, which will be televised Thanksgiving Day on CBS as a lead-in to its NFL coverage, features eight of the top men in the world competing for $250,000 in prize money.
Anna plays against Amanda Coetzer in a preview match prior to the event on the same day.

"The Power and Glamour of Professional Women's Tennis"

Vancouver, September 9
- Lindsay Davenport and Anna Kournikova compete in The Power and Glamour of Professional Women's Tennis Challenge Exhibition Match at the Vancouver Pacific Coliseum Friday, November 14, 2003. The official confirmation was announced today.

AjdeNate!
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:40 PM
A link to the Event site:
http://www.rosequarter.com/eventDetails.asp?eventID=1593

Maybe you could call them and see or something. I can't find anything other than what's ^^

tennisIlove09
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:41 PM
I thought it was Agassi/Blake on Thanksgiving?

AjdeNate!
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:43 PM
I thought it was Agassi/Blake on Thanksgiving?
This is your chance to see 8 of the world's best tennis players fight it out in one set sudden death, elimination matches.

See Mark Philippoussis, James Blake, Jan-Michael Gambill, Todd Martin, Tommy Haas, Andre Agassi, Taylor Dent and Robby Ginepri all on one court in this four hour session of super competitive tennis!

As the contest develops, you'll see who will survive to Victory Night for the semi-finals and final of the richest per-set competition in tennis.

One court, One winner, One day of super competitive tennis!

As a special bonus, your ticket includes a one-set special match featuring Anna Kournikova vs Amanda Coetzer.

croat123
Nov 10th, 2003, 10:52 PM
ivanisevic and henman are also playing an exhibition there

viele
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Any of these players who are "competing" in this event have no excuse to claim the tour is too long. The very moment that the tours end and they get a break, albeit brief on, they are off playing meaningless exhibitions. It is certainly their perogative to do whatever they want but conventional wisdom would suggest that they use the 2 months or so they have for rest rather to make a few extra bucks!

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:26 AM
so i dont get it, are anna and amanda gonna be televised or not??? cause there seems to be a slew of other players there also :confused:

decemberlove
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:31 AM
yes, im pretty sure they will be.

i wish i had HDTV

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 11th, 2003, 12:36 AM
yes, im pretty sure they will be.

i wish i had HDTV
:bounce:

OVER-JOYED!!! FINALLY GET TO SEE ANNA ON TV!!!! :bounce::bounce:

LeonHart
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:05 AM
wow really, I'll be sure to record it :D

~SunFlower~
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:43 AM
"The Power and Glamour of Professional Women's Tennis"

Vancouver, September 9
- Lindsay Davenport and Anna Kournikova compete in The Power and Glamour of Professional Women's Tennis Challenge Exhibition Match at the Vancouver Pacific Coliseum Friday, November 14, 2003. The official confirmation was announced today.

For your information (below)

EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE

For Immediate Release
October 7, 2003

(Vancouver, BC, Canada) – The November 14, 2003, Power and Glamour of Professional Women’s Tennis Challenge has been officially postponed. Due to unforeseen circumstances the promoters determined that it was in the best interest of the event to cancel the November 14th date and attempt to reschedule the event at a future date. “Vancouver has a strong tennis community and we appreciate all the fan support to date. We hope to be in a position to re-schedule this event in the future”, stated event promoter Earl Barish.

Refunds are available at point of purchase through Tickemaster. All charge by phone and Internet sales will be automatically refunded by Ticketmaster.

I got my full refund right after cancelled.

AjdeNate!
Nov 16th, 2003, 10:48 PM
CBS Nov 27 12:30pm CST
Sports, 120 Mins.
"Superset"
From the Rose Garden in Portland, Ore.
Original Airdate: November 27, 2003.