PDA

View Full Version : Who will win today, and other pressing questions...

Andrew.
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:27 PM
So, will it be Amelie or Kim today?

If Amelie wins, do you think she might gain enough confidence to win a slam? If she loses, do you think that this is her peak?

If Kim wins, will she finally go on to win a slam? If Kim loses, will she lose all confidence and slip away?

I think this is a huge match for both players, especially Amelie. If Amelie wins, I think she will most definately win a slam next year. But if she loses what is quite possibly the biggest match of her career, I'm not sure if she'll be motivated anymore. But with a win today, I think we will see a new challenger to everyone on the tour - to the Belgians, the sisters, and to Lindsay and Jen.

Linzi
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Kim won the tournament last yr and still managed to choke in every slam this yr. I think this match is huge for Amelie, much more so than Kim.

Daniel
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Kim will win it tonight!!!! :D and of course she will win at least one GS in 2004 ;)

Cariaoke
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:42 PM
All things considered, this is a good final. I want Kimmy to defend but if Amelie wins, I'll be just as happy. Amelie has had so many injuries the past few years, this would be such a big boost for her. Kimmy got the big boost this year from winning. Although she still doesn't have a slam, she made two finals and two sf's. She's won 8 titles this year and reached #1. A similar thing happened to Serena when she 'won' the tour champs in '01. '02 was a break out year for her.

I think if Amelie wins, it will propel her to some big tourney wins and good placement in slams. It's the first step in success.

I wish both the best tonight. :D