PDA

View Full Version : damn, seasons over!

yukon145
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:55 PM
i hate this part of the year, the lag from november to january when there isn't any tennis going on. it seems like the break is so long but isn't one of the shortest off seasons for pro sports? i have a life, but i still miss it and following the results. what about everyone else?

Linzi
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:58 PM
the breaks quite short actually. i'm sure u'll find things to do. ive ordered some old matches to watch so i dont miss it too much...

jimbo mack
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:00 PM
i need the break, now i can start concentrating on my college work instead of watching tennis tournaments every week!!!!!!!!!

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:00 PM
yea the breaks are short but it doesn't mean i want it to end. the soccer season here ends in May to and starts at the end of August and i manage it.

but tennis is different. i think i'll have to order old matches too

lizchris
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:05 PM
The break is acutally seven or eight weeks, which isn't long. In the US, we have basketball, football and hockey (which I don't like) to fill the void left by tennis. Plus, Thanksgiving is two weeks from Thrusday and after that, the Christmas season starts (which is shorter this year), then Christmas comes and goes and then there is the New Year and Hopman Cup starts January 3 (Janaury 2 in the US).

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:15 PM
what break ????

Tennis Masters Cup this week
then FED CUP
then DAVIS CUP

not to mention Challengers :D :D
and thats not all

let December come and junior season keeps going :)
big events in
Dec 1-7 Eddie Herr Champs (Bradenton)
Dec 8-14 USTA International (Crandon Park, Miami)
Dec 15-21 ORANGE BOWL (Crandon Park, Miami)

then its Xmas

jimbo mack
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:17 PM
what break ????

Tennis Masters Cup this week
then FED CUP
then DAVIS CUP

not to mention Challengers :D :D
and thats not all

let December come and junior season keeps going :)
Dec 1-7Eddie Herr Champs (Bradenton)
Dec 8-14 USTA International (Crandon Park, Miami)
Dec 15-21 ORANGE BOWL (Crandon Park, Miami)

then its Xmas

the wta season is over.........

nobody cares about that fed cup shit. the PROPER season is over

Linzi
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:18 PM
The Masters Cup is on though. Should be good!! Agassi v Federer on, cant wait!

JLDementieva
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:33 PM
The break won't matter that much here in the US since we hardly get coverage anyways.

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:44 PM
The break won't matter that much here in the US since we hardly get coverage anyways.

:praise: very true!

CanadianBoy21
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:47 PM
The season ended for me after Wimbledon ;)

Cariaoke
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:51 PM
the truth @ jldementieva :tape:

like lizchris said, football is going on STRONG and I like hockey (go THRASHERS! #37 forever) so I won't miss anything until the AO. I have tapes stacked up and my faves are always doing something nontennis related so, it's not so bad for me. :)

ToeTag
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:56 PM
The players need a break! It should be longer.

:topic: hehe.."i like Hockey(go THRASHERS)"...hockey and thrashers=oxymoron!!..J/K

Allez-H
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:45 PM
I actually need the break to concentrate on my midterms.But I'll still see the Materscup,Fedcup,Daviscup(I allways love to see that one) and you also have the exhibition tournaments(I'm looking forward to the match Noah-Henin-Hardenne)

Daniel
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:51 PM
The Orange Bowl in Miami :D :bounce: :bounce: :dance:

rated_next
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:12 PM
challenger tournaments never end :bounce: :woohoo:

tennisIlove09
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Time to get caught up on taping! I never keep tennis matches with commericals! :lol:

I enjoy the break, but it does get kind of boring. But it's a good time to regroup, and take in the amazing year it was (although boring...especially the latter part)