PDA

View Full Version : JHH, the eighth woman to finish the year on top

Juju #1
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:50 AM
I know that many people here don't like her but I think she deserve a lot of respect for what she has achieved this year. She has won 2 GS, became #1 as only the 13th player in history and now finished the year as a number 1.

Only eight woman so far finished the year as a #1 :

Chris Evert
Martina Navratilova
Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Lindsay Davenport
Serena Williams and
JHH

Just seeing her name among these other names make my heart skip a bit.
So, I'm inviting all her fans to congratulate her on this great season here.
People who don't like her or just don't respect her, for whatever reason, please just stay out of this thread. We have more than enough bashing threads here, for what I also contributed many times in the past. I'm really sorry becouse of that and I promise to never bash other players or other players fans in the future

fifiricci
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Oh please! Dont know how you've got the gall to post this, after your gloating "Sweet Kimmie No longer No 1" poisonous shit a few days ago!

Pathetic.

Justine is a great player, but many of her fans STINK!

Veritas
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:05 PM
We have more than enough bashing threads here, for what I also contributed many times in the past. I'm really sorry becouse of that and I promise to never bash other players or other players fans in the future

You're forgiven :hug:

Scobby- Doo
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Congrats Justine :worship:

I don't like her but I prefer Justine that that choker KIM

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:09 PM
You're forgiven :hug:

I'm not so sure about that. All the same, cheers for Juju!! It's a great achievement. :worship:

per4ever
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Justine is a great player, but many of her fans STINK!
people who say things like this are no better themselves :)

Lot's of people jumped on Justine's bandwagon, I don't consider them real fans. Justine's real fans are mostly nice people (who are sick of all the bad comments, the accusations on Justine etc)

janjan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Only eight woman so far finished the year as a #1 :

Chris Evert
Martina Navratilova
Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Lindsay Davenport
Serena Williams and
JHH

:bounce: :bounce: :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ;) :lick: :bounce: WOWOWOW! :bounce:

lilly
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Congratulations and big kisses to Justine! :kiss: :kiss:

You were the best this season :worship: :rocker:

Now get some well-deserved vacation... :cool:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Yep, congrats to Justine. Second year in a row the year-end ranks gave a propor indication of the best player that year!! Wow, after two years without a propor reflection, it sure seems to be working.

MH_3571
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Congratulations Justine,
Now take a vacation! :bounce: :worship: :worship:

moby
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:42 PM
i thought the rankings were a pretty good indication in 2000, considering that martina has a pretty good GS record (losing only to the eventual winner in each) and won 10 tournaments that year, including the year end

and she also amassed many tier 1s

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:48 PM
i thought the rankings were a pretty good indication in 2000, considering that martina has a pretty good GS record (losing only to the eventual winner in each) and won 10 tournaments that year, including the year end

and she also amassed many tier 1s

Yep....one could argue that. Letīs see. Lost Oz final to Lindsay, lost french semi to Mary and Mary won, lost Wimbledon qrtr to Venus and Venus won, lost U.S. open semi to Venus.

Hmm...at least qrtr at all slams, yeah. Her year wasnīt too shabby and she at least had a past slam.

Allez-H
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Congrats Juju on your fanastic year,you trully deserve the number one spot. :worship:

starr
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:29 PM
It's a great accomplishment for Justine. She must be very satisfied with what she has done this year.

I hope 2004 is another great year for tennis.

Lady
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Yep!! Although I'm bit disappointed about the latest loss, still JUSTINE WAS THE BEST ALL YEAR!!!

2 GRAND SLAMS :bowdown:
4 TIER I's :worship:
2 TIER II's :woohoo:

And 2-1 against Serena :bounce:

Doraemon
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Congrats Justine! You thoroughly deserve all the credit you got!
Too bad you lost today but what a year you had winning two majors and finishing as no.1
wish you the best next season!

drapero
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:41 PM
:bounce: :bounce: Congratulations Juju !!! Now, take some rest and enjoy your vacation. :bounce: :bounce:

JustineTime
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Congratulations, Justine!

Now go somewhere REAL nice on your honeymoon and give Pierre-Yves some much-needed....uhhh, never mind! :o :tape:

fleemkeģ
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Last year people were saying she would fall out of the top10 this year .. she ends at number 1 :)

If I see the list above I can only smile :))

Thx Justine :worship:

Hingiswinsthis
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:19 PM
truly deserved:) Justine saves the year for the WTA!

Linzi
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Well done Justine, truly deserved!