PDA

View Full Version : Amelie or Kim?

tennisIlove09
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Who do you want to win?

Knizzle
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:05 AM
Who do you want to win?

Doesn't matter, but I guess I'll take Momo. She hasn't won anything big like this yet.

vs1
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:07 AM
I WANT KIM TO DEFEND!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kim4eva
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Come On Kimmie!!!:bounce:

tennnisfannn
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Either one will do me just fine, but Amelie's win would be special. She has had a tough year of injuries which derailed the rise she made towards the end of last year. A big win and good health would mean a great start to 2004.
Kim has had big wins this year, great results one more win at the YEC won't mean as much as it would for Amelie.
Amelie for this YEC, Kim and Venus for next years slams!

Greenout
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:22 AM
I want Amelie to win. It would give her a huge
boost of confidence, and lord knows she needs
it. The new found confidence could take her
to winning the first grand slam at the
AO 2004. It's not France, not number 1,
not dating the hometown ATP player, not
defending...really not much pressure.

GO AMELIE!!!!!!!!!!

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Amelie.

Rub
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:28 AM
i pick kim! so that she will have the lead in tour titles! if she wins this, she'll beat justine by one title!

azza
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Kim hands down :kiss:

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:00 AM
I think Kim will win it. She will defend her title!!

Harju.
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:50 AM
I want Momo to win this, but if Kim wins, I won't be too disappointed either.

Micky
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:59 AM
i want kim to win but i think Amelie will

MisterQ
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Go Amelie!

hi-chan
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:31 AM
amelie!!!!amelie!!!!

kim4eva
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Come On Kim!:bounce:

Tarzan
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Vamos Kim

C'mon go for it! :kiss:

You can earn 1.72$ for each dollar when Kim wins in two sets and 7$ when Amelie wins in two sets!

or you can earn 3.75$ for each dollar when Kim wins in three sets and 6$ when Amelie wins in three sets!

For the people who put their money on Kim or Amelie thinks that Kim wins in two sets!

http://www.willhill.com/iibs/EN/buildcoupon.asp?couponChoice=TE426932

K Clijsters V A Mauresmo - Set Betting

Bet Until : 03:00 11/11/2003
K Clijsters A Mauresmo
Multibet Score Price Unit Stake Multibet Score Price Unit Stake

2 - 0 1.72 0 - 2 7.00

2 - 1 3.75 1 - 2 6.00

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Kim is the fav....but if Amelie can re-find her magic of the last two matches she played, this is gonna be a REAL battle for Kim.

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Allez Amelie!! :bounce:

Scobby- Doo
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:07 PM
I want them both to lose but it's immpossible so ALLEZ AMELIE show Kim that she is a loser on big matches because I think that this is a really big match for Kim and Amelie

Tarzan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Kim didn't have to win previous match against Amelie, she already did place her for the semi-finals and still she did won in three sets.

While Amelie only won one match in round robin.

Vamos Kim :kiss:

kim4eva
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Come on Kim!:bounce:

mandy7
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:37 PM
I want Kim to win, but I wanna thank Amelie for taking out Juju :p
no jk, anyway, I'll support Kim but I won't be sad when Amelie wins it

Bероника
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:43 PM
allez Momo!!!!

propi
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:45 PM
I go with Momo, I hope she win after a 4 hours marathon :bounce:

Manu79
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Of course ; Momo ;)

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:51 PM
The pattern with Kim last year is scary. No one was really thinking of her, same as Kim last year. Both got at least one lucky break: Amelie was lucky that Chanda lost, Kim was lucky that Venus was injured.... so if Amelie keeps that pattern...things could well happen.

Tarzan
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:12 PM
The pattern with Kim last year is scary. No one was really thinking of her, same as Kim last year. Both got at least one lucky break: Amelie was lucky that Chanda lost, Kim was lucky that Venus was injured.... so if Amelie keeps that pattern...things could well happen.

Which pattern to you see?

Don't forget that Amelie only did won one match in round robin!

matthias
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Go Amelie :woohoo:

luvmytennis
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I'd also like Amelie to win but I just don't think she will. I predict it will go 3 sets though!

VivalaSeles
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Both Kim and Amélie are favourites of mine :bounce: Kimmie has already won the YEC last year :kiss: So it's Amélie's turn :hearts:

galadriel
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Go Momo :D

Andy_
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Kim-Amelie was also the final in Rome a few months ago, a match I had the luck to watch a few meters from the court... The intensity and quality of the match are still in my head, as are two nice persons who happen to be very good with a racquet. Amelie was SO impressive at the start, she came from defeating Serena in the semi, and it looked as though Kim was bound to lose in straight sets. Actually she got on the verge of losing, but never did she lose hope, or stop fighting. And that fighting spirit brought her to dominate in the third set, over an exhausted and confused Amelie.

What I hope for this match is to get again that intensity and that quality. Kim is such a sweetheart and she's always smiling even when she loses. But we all know how a loss can affect you badly, and she'll be eager to win this major, since she didn't live up to everyone's expectations in Paris and NY. Amelie will be playing only her second major final, after that Aussie final lost to Hingis. And she's often been a little fragile and nervous, when it came to playing THE big match...
I'd be very glad, indeed, if Kim got to defend her title, but at the same time I think I wouldn't mind if Amelie were to earn herself a major, at last.

Harju.
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Kim-Amelie was also the final in Rome a few months ago, a match I had the luck to watch a few meters from the court... The intensity and quality of the match are still in my head, as are two nice persons who happen to be very good with a racquet. Amelie was SO impressive at the start, she came from defeating Serena in the semi, and it looked as though Kim was bound to lose in straight sets. Actually she got on the verge of losing, but never did she lose hope, or stop fighting. And that fighting spirit brought her to dominate in the third set, over an exhausted and confused Amelie.

What I hope for this match is to get again that intensity and that quality. Kim is such a sweetheart and she's always smiling even when she loses. But we all know how a loss can affect you badly, and she'll be eager to win this major, since she didn't live up to everyone's expectations in Paris and NY. Amelie will be playing only her second major final, after that Aussie final lost to Hingis. And she's often been a little fragile and nervous, when it came to playing THE big match...
I'd be very glad, indeed, if Kim got to defend her title, but at the same time I think I wouldn't mind if Amelie were to earn herself a major, at last.
well said :bowdown:

Nikki
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Amelie

kim4eva
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Come on Kim!:bounce:

Tarzan
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:03 PM
C'mon Kim go for it! :bounce:

Vamos kim :kiss:

tommystar
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Amelie!!! Finish what you begin on Friday!!

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:49 PM
I want Ameile to win.

But Kim will thrash her in two.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:52 PM

Since when is this a major? In you words you are saying this is a grand slam final. This is far from that.

I'm a bit confused. :confused:

Isn't this just a tournament?

SugarSkin
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Amélie :woohoo:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Which pattern to you see?

Don't forget that Amelie only did won one match in round robin!

Well, that´s what I meant....last year Kim got a HUGE break that Venus was injured and got to the finals. No one expected her to reach the finals.

This year, Amelie got a break when Chanda choked to even reach the semi´s and then she beat Justine...no one expected her to reach the finals either.

The pattern is scary. Last year everyone expected Serena vs Venus, but it became Serena vs Kim and Kim won. This year they expected Kim vs Justine...but it became Kim vs Amelie. Can Amelie complete the circle?!

Linzi
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:09 PM
hopefully it can! i like kim but i think amelie needs this for her confidence.

kim&lleyton
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:13 PM
I hope Kim will win!!!:yeah:

Hawk
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Obviously I want Kim to win :angel:

but I won't be too disappointed if Amelie wins..she does deserve it after all the injuries she's had.

Amelie is going to have to keep her nerves under control if she wants to win though..she'll need to start strong as well cause if she doesn't take the first set I don't really see her winning.

CanIGetAWhat
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Allez Amelie! :bounce:

AgassiGirl16
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:36 PM
I want Kim to win...COME ON KIM! I was cheering for Amelie yesterday...but I hope Kim will pull it off in the final..

Gabra
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:38 PM
I hope Kim win both titles

COME ON KIM!!!

Dava
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Kim!

Lapin
Nov 11th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Amélie!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I hope it's another great match tonight, but if Kim wins I will be happy for her! :D

Rub
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:30 AM
kim! :dance: