PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer - positive signs for 2004!

DannerCal
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:47 AM
I watched the match with Jennifer and Kim, and I was really impressed by
Jennifer's:

1. Serve: Much improved, (becoming a weapon). Even Kim said she has never seen Jennifer serve like that.

2. Aggression: She was being aggressive and not passive.

3. Choice to hire Paul A for coaching: I don't know if he is helping w/ her
serve - but again, much improved!

Before Jennifer got injured she was the better player on the court.
She was dictating, and Kim was on her heels.

Imagine Jennifer 100% healthy and in better shape! I hope she sticks
With Paul A. Can't wait for the Australian Open!!

Trish101
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:56 AM
^^^ good points, but she still got bageled and her serv didnt help her any did it? she got broken plenty...dont picture a rosey picture, because Jen is far from being ok, this is a chronic injury and possibly a career threatening one.

I want jen to be in shape, besides one match is just that one match...im dissapointed either way.

DannerCal
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Trish, did you see the match? I watched the entire thing.
Her serve was great until after the medical time out. When your back is in pain, it is harder to do anything. I will say that I think Jennifer mentally just went away in the third set, but she must have been just crushed. As far as a chronic injury, which specifically do you mean? She has a hip flexor injury this week. Today because her body has been compensating for it, she had pain in her back. I don't iknow that it is serious enough to be "career threatening". I think she will just need time to heal.

Ballbuster
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Good luck!

She'll still be overweight.

Her serve will still be weak

Her stamina will be flawed.

Her Forehand will break down.

More importantly, Her Mind is FRYED!!!!

Girlfriend is toast, she can't close out matches and beats herself up too much. She'll be lucky to be ranked 8 - 10.

Trish101
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Ballbuster,

1) she is not overweight, she was outrunning kim
2) her forhands better than venuses, so what the fuck are you babbling about, bitch?
3) stamina? hun she had more stamina than JUJU in flushing meadows

basically worry about your no - showing ugly sistah, because she needs the help. Not jen.

retards, there everywhere these days, shit eating retards

Trish101
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:13 AM
and dont call anyone 'girlfriend' ...creep

sunnysideup
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:21 AM
poor Jen.:sad:

billie_jean_king
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Excuse me, person Ballbuster, please don't say such things about Jen. Jen's a darling and one day she will be mine, all mine and until then, I would appreciate not seeing such comments which are lies.

Oh, and if that's too wordy for you - you're full of shit.

La la la...I love Jen. Jen loves me. Or not as ot may be.

banana
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:44 AM
does anyone have Jen's post match interviews from this week? or her opponents? thanx heaps!!! :banana:

carling
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:42 AM
As a longtime Jenny Cap fan, I have to admit that I'm disappointed in her year. I don't believe she won one tournament. Jen didn't seem to be as motivated as she's been in previous years and she IS overweight. Compare the Jen of 2000-2001 with the Jen we saw yesterday. She must be 15-20 pounds heavier than whe was then. I also saw the match against Clijsters and she just didn't move very well. Of course, some of the lack of movement was due to her injury, but Jen's movement has not been what it once was virtually all year.

I'm not saying Jen has to be Kournikova thin, but she does need to lose the extra weight she's carrying around the middle. The level of tennis in the women's game so high that players need every advantage they can get. Good movement is absolutely vital. I believe Monica Seles' decline is due in large part to her excess weight, which affected her court coverage and stamina. It really amazes me that professional athletes, who practice 3-4 hours a day and can afford personal trainers, can't lose 15-20 pounds and keep it off. Jen and Monica are certainly not fat by normal standards, but for professional tennis players, they're a bit too heavy.

Sorry guys, but it's the truth. :sad:

oddkayla
Nov 11th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Thank You Carling!

The problem is that everytime someone says something resembling the truth about players. sensitive fans are so offended they bring out the insults!

Finally someone says something that is flat out true and not derogatory!

carling
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:26 AM
No problem, Oddkayla! We all have our favorites and nobody likes to read nasty, mean spirited comments about them. However, everyone is entitled to his opinion. I really like Jenny Cap, but I'm a die-hard Anna Kournikova fan. Hell, I'd never leave the house if I got upset over all the shit people write about her! This is an excellent messageboard and I'd hate to see it ruined by intolerence.

Trish101
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:28 AM
BJK poster is a tool, someone who DESPERATLY needs mediation.

azza
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:30 AM
but she got bageled

Trish101
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:31 AM
and by the way bjk isnt part of jens den...we donot tolerate this kind^^^ of poster, he/she does not qualify for Jens Den membership...he was actually rejected membership

...unlike THE WILLIAM SISTER SISTERHOOD we dont just allow anybody to join our membership...we have standards.

-TRISH President/Jens Den

seldom83
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:40 AM
i'm back on tghe board everyone! hola!