PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Steffi's 377 weeks will ever be challenged...

XaDavK_Kapri
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM
I don't know what to think. For sure, not in the years to come, but what do we know about to very far future of tennis ? How can we know there won't be another Hingis in 30 years who'll start at 15 and play for 15 years and stay at the top for a longer time than Steffi ? What do you guys think ?

UDiTY
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:08 AM
I don't...

Tennis is a much more popular sport nowadays, so there are more young girls taking it up(or being made to take it up by their fathers.)

Also, tennis today is such a physical sport it's hard to stay injury free enough to stay at #1.... :p

jellybelly
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I don't...

Tennis is a much more popular sport nowadays, so there are more young girls taking it up(or being made to take it up by their fathers.)

Also, tennis today is such a physical sport it's hard to stay injury free enough to stay at #1.... :p

Steffi had lots injuries :p

Kart
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:12 AM
No.

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:14 AM
No, I donīt think so....the sisters could do it, but they donīt play enough. But because they dominate the slams, the other players canīt amass enough points either.

V&SGotItGoingOn
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:41 AM
I thought Serena might be able to do it, if she did play another ten years, but I doubt it very much. Not that I don't think Serena is good enough, but she doesn't play enough I don't think. Although I would love to see either sister prove me wrong!!!

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Well if justine goes homicidal and takes out her nearest rivals in the top ten to twenty then yes she will go far and be number one until she retires. And you know with those steroid bananas that justine will not be responsible for her actions.

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:02 AM
I thought Serena might be able to do it, if she did play another ten years, but I doubt it very much. Not that I don't think Serena is good enough, but she doesn't play enough I don't think. Although I would love to see either sister prove me wrong!!!

My thoughts as well. Of this generation they are the only one who could do it. Specially Serena....the most dominant no.1 since Seles/ Graf.

CanadianBoy21
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Well if justine goes homicidal and takes out her nearest rivals in the top ten to twenty then yes she will go far and be number one until she retires. And you know with those steroid bananas that justine will not be responsible for her actions.

:lol:

I take it u do not like Justine ;)

*JR*
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:03 AM
It's irrelevant for two reasons:
Monica-Hamburg-Parche.
Rankings are based on criteria that change, and are arbitrary anyway.

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:08 AM
The first point is really of consideration indeed...but it happened.