PDA

View Full Version : Can Amelie Do To The Belgians What Kim Did To The WS Last Year?

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:33 PM
She upset Justine to meet Kim in the final of the YEC. From what I saw today, she has a great chance of doing what Kim did last year; beating the world numbers 1 and 2 at the YEC.

MisterQ
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Yes, she can!

Juju_fan
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:35 PM
No, because Kim will probably play less crappy than Justine did today...

SJW
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:35 PM
i don't think so

but today was a brilliant result for her. she kept her nerve

hopefully this is a sign of good things to come in 04

Filip!
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Juju played not her best tennis, the fire is gone in the girl, it's good that this was her last match in this season.

But Amélie played great, she really has the ability to win this tournament now. I just don't know how her mental side will react...

Jericho
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:37 PM
so many excuses already...

Harju.
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:38 PM
I hope she can. But either way, I will be happy if Kim or Momo wins it :hug:

Mad-About-Venus
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:38 PM
As a matter of fact Amelie has the chance to do what Kim didn't... to beat number 1 and 2.

Kim only beat number 1, number 2 retired.

franny
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:39 PM
I think that Amelie certainly has the ability to beat Kim tomorrow, but if i were to choose a winner from tomorrow I'd still pick Kim. Amelie would have to play better than she did today because even though she played a great match, Justine was playing fairly sluggish. From what I saw, Kim was moving so well today, running down everything, Amelie will have to hit a few more shots than she hit today to win. I wanted Justine to win just because I thought that that would make for a better match, but who knows, Amelie may actually do well enough to push it to three sets and/or win.

treufreund
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:40 PM
juju played OKAY not great but of course she still is affected by her sinusitis. I hope Amelie can do it tho cuz then she will be very close to the #3 ranking and it is about time she win something really really big like this.

what kim did last year was great and all but she did benefit from Venus retiring and Serena being tired out by Cappy so that is far less impressive should Amelie find a way to beat kim tomorrow after today's tough match. :worship:

jellybelly
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:40 PM
She will do it :worship:

people doubt her with Justine and now doubt her with Kim :ras:

Kim play amazing to beat her last time but she often drop level in finals :o

imogen
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Of course Amelie can do it! She has a lifeline thanks to Elena. Did she end up buying her a gift? Wonder what she got her?

FanDeJen
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:41 PM
yes she can... Kim is going down tomorrow!!!!

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:42 PM
As a matter of fact Amelie has the chance to do what Kim didn't... to beat number 1 and 2.

I knwo thand you know that, but try telling that to a lot of people.

moon
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:46 PM
Let's go Momo!!!

Nemesis
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Of course she can. If she can beat Justine, Venus and Serena in 2003, she can beat Kim too. She would be the only one to beat them all in one season.

So go for it girl :cool: :bounce:

Get revenge on Kim!!! :devil: And the critics that you only earned your semi final spot because of Chanda's choke. Prove them wrong. Don't doubt about your abilities. Kim is not invincible!!!

BTW - I am actually glad JuJu lost to Mauresmo. I rather have Justine lose to her than to Kim (if Justine won, she sure would have lost to Kim, Justine is out of form and Kim in form). Amelie is one of my favs, is a friend of Justine and is a great girl that hasn't yet talked sh*t about Justine this year :)

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:50 PM
LOL, these justine fans are full of excuses for her!!! Funny how everytime she loses its because "she didn't play well" and not because she got outplayed which is what happened today. Maybe she "didn't play well" because momo didn't let her play her game. Whatever excuse makers you cant spoil the victory for momo's fans not that I'm one of them because im not but even I will shout out a go momo if she beats the enfant terrible like that.

SJW
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:51 PM
^ hmmmmmm, the same people who criticise us for saying Serena didn't play well in Charleston and Paris.

ain't it funny?

Juju_fan
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:53 PM
LOL, these justine fans are full of excuses for her!!! Funny how everytime she loses its because "she didn't play well" and not because she got outplayed which is what happened today. Maybe she "didn't play well" because momo didn't let her play her game. Whatever excuse makers you cant spoil the victory for momo's fans not that I'm one of them because im not but even I will shout out a go momo if she beats the enfant terrible like that.
Come on, she arrived here with flu, and even though she trashed Capriati and won I-don't-know-how against Myskina, the Sugiyama match tells it all...
All she could do was fighting because she's mentally strong, but she didn't play a single good match this week!

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Of course she can. If she can beat Justine, Venus and Serena in 2003, she can beat Kim too. She would be the only one to beat them all in one season.

Get revenge on Kim!!! :devil: And the critics that you only earned your semi final spot because of Chanda's choke. Prove them wrong. Don't doubt about your abilities. Kim is not invincible!!!

BTW - I am actually glad JuJu lost to Mauresmo. I rather have Justine lose to her than to Kim (if Justine won, she sure would have lost to Kim, Justine is out of form and Kim in form). Amelie is one of my favs, is a friend of Justine and is a great girl that hasn't yet talked sh*t about Justine this year :)
Technically she didn't beat Venus :p. Sure...Venus lost the match, but I don't think she was "BEATEN" ;). She injured herself :p. But I certainly think that Momo can win tomorrow :).

Greenout
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Wow! I like Amelie too.

I for one would love to see Amelie win the
Australian Open or even any other grand slam.
She's suppose to be up there contending for
big titles. Usually it's the injuries that have
kept the momentum back; but I think it looks
really positive to win the WTA YEC this year.
No pressure, not the defending champ, not
number 1, and mainly the event is not played
in France among her highly critical, overly
expectatious fellow countrymen!!

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Come on, she arrived here with flu, and even though she trashed Capriati and won I-don't-know-how against Myskina, the Sugiyama match tells it all...
All she could do was fighting because she's mentally strong, but she didn't play a single good match this week!

That's why I didn't make a prediction on this match because I had a feeling that Justine could lose.

Cybelle Darkholme

More excuses... you guys are full of them. If she didn't think she could win she wouldn't have gone on court. She played. AI played better. She played. Momo played better. Which is why they won and she lost.

SJW

Serena's beaten Justine Kim Venus and Mauresmo this year

does that count? :p

bandabou
Indeed....funny isn´t it?! Now that Justine lost, it was because she was out of form, she didn´t have the fire, or was it her ankle?! Pluhze!

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Amelie really was the only one who pushed Kim, Jen took a set but she faded after set two....so she CAN do it.

Sam L
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Well Justine ends the year #1, and I think she'd be pretty happy with that. Winning the next two matches would've been icing on the cake for her, but it didn't happen, but 2003 belongs to her anyway. So no difference.

Harju.
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:59 PM

it certainly counts ;)

:worship: Serena :worship:

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:00 AM
More excuses... you guys are full of them. If she didn't think she could win she wouldn't have gone on court. She played. AI played better. She played. Momo played better. Which is why they won and she lost.
I didn't say Ai and Amélie won because Justine was ill. But it's the truth that Justine played nowhere near her A-game, and that's why I'm disappointed.
Ai and Amélie deserve their win, it's just that an in-form Justine would have changed the way these games have been...

Greenout
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:00 AM
I didn't see the match nor hear the match.
Justine looked kind of spotty and ill this week.
She's exhausted after an intense year; had
nothing to gain beating Ai, and is a friend of
Amelie's. I just think she wasn't into it as
much as usual. This is my theory. No excuses.
A loss is a loss in the record books. Can't
win every time, and she knows that other players
aren't sissy's or wimps at the YEC.

I like Ai and Amelie, and I can't say I feel too
hurt or upset at Justine losing. I would've loved
to see her win the YEC; but it just wasn't her
week.

nubienne954
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Well Justine ends the year #1, and I think she'd be pretty happy with that. Winning the next two matches would've been icing on the cake for her, but it didn't happen, but 2003 belongs to her anyway. So no difference.

The very same thing was said about Serena when she lost last year but of course the loss was hyped as proof that Kim deserved her number one ranking.

Plus ca change...

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Next year cant come fast enough for me now we have serena, venus, kin, the enfant terrible, ameilie, myskina and ai capable of taking out big name players!!! Jen needs to shed some weight and get a new attitude to contend. Lindsay is a question mark. Monica is so far off the radar that who knows about her.

jellybelly
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Amelie really was the only one who pushed Kim, Jen took a set but she faded after set two....so she CAN do it.

Jenny was going to win! she just too injured she was killing Kim :mad:

Nemesis
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:03 AM

But Serena didn't beat Serena ... Or did she ... ? :confused: Oh yeah ... She said herself that she beat a girl called Serena in Charleston :rolleyes: :p Sooo ... She only beat Venus, Serena, Justine & Kim if you count that match ;)

Technically she didn't beat Venus . Sure...Venus lost the match, but I don't think she was "BEATEN" . She injured herself . But I certainly think that Momo can win tomorrow .
Of course MoMo didn't actually beat Venus at Warshaw ... But if people say Kim beat Venus previous year, MoMo beat Venus this year. But technically, you are right Dick Riley :)

Cybelle Darkholme
I didn't say Ai and Amélie won because Justine was ill. But it's the truth that Justine played nowhere near her A-game, and that's why I'm disappointed.
Ai and Amélie deserve their win, it's just that an in-form Justine would have changed the way these games have been...

Ai and Amelie didn't let her play her A game which is why they won. They played their game and kept her out of hers but of course you justine fans can't give credit when credit is due you have to make excuses like justine didn't play her a game...whatever...

UDiTY
I hope she can... :bounce:

JUstine was not herself today, but Amelie played great when she needed to. She took Kim to the brink in the RR, and has beaten her before.

ALLEZ MOMO!!!!!

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:04 AM

when a Serena-fan says the same thing when Serena losses, it is called:" Not giving credit." wonder what this one is.

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:04 AM

so you agree an in-form Serena would have changed the way the games went down in S.C and Paris?

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM
But Serena didn't beat Serena ... Or did she ... ? :confused: Oh yeah ... She said herslef that she beat a girl called Serena in Charleston :rolleyes: :p Sooo ... She only beat Venus, Serena, Justine & Kim if you count that match ;)

Of course MoMo didn't actually beat Venus at Warshaw ... But if people say Kim beat Venus previous year, MoMo beat Venus this year. But technically, you are rick Dick Riley :)

You must be crazy of course momo beat venus. was venus not on the court? was venus not the one who got injured in that match while mom stayed healthy? was not momo the last woman standing? well then she beat her. if you cant finish the match then you've been beaten.

venus has benefited from retirements the same as almost every other player has. it happens. its tennis. so what? the point is the W by your name. thats all that matters.

Filip!
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Indeed....funny isn´t it?! Now that Justine lost, it was because she was out of form, she didn´t have the fire, or was it her ankle?! Pluhze!

Justine was out of form, are you going to deny that?
Amélie on the other hand played her best tennis, so she deserved the victory.

It's easy in tennis: the rules are known, the one who wins deserves it.

starr
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Amelie played very well.

Everything is on the day.

It's not a judged sport as some on this board would like to have it.

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:06 AM
so you agree an in-form Serena would have changed the way the games went down in S.C and Paris?

sshh! Don´t tell nobody!

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:08 AM
But Serena didn't beat Serena ... Or did she ... ? :confused: Oh yeah ... She said herself that she beat a girl called Serena in Charleston :rolleyes: :p Sooo ... She only beat Venus, Serena, Justine & Kim if you count that match ;)

never said Serena beat Serena

she just beat the others in the group of players you were talking about :)

oh, was that a joke? :confused:

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:10 AM
in Charleston, both Justine and Serena played badly

in Roland Garros, I didn't see that Serena was off-form :confused:

In the end, only the result counts.
Too bad Justine was ill, but these things happen, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I, as a fan, am disappointed because she could have won anyway, but I doubt Justine will come to the press conference and say "i played 9,000 notches below my level" or something like that.

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:13 AM

Too bad Justine was ill, but these things happen, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I, as a fan, am disappointed because she could have won anyway, but I doubt Justine will come to the press conference and say "i played 9,000 notches below my level" or something like that.

Serena hit 70+ errors in Paris. yea that's Serena at her best :rolleyes:

Justine at her best can change the outcome of a match, but not Serena.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigght

Rub
:lol:

SJW
btw did i mention that's total bullshit?

Nemesis
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:15 AM
never said Serena beat Serena

she just beat the others in the group of players you were talking about :)

oh, was that a joke? :confused:
SJW :o You don't get it. I was talking about a player (non-Belgian, non-Williams) being able to beat each four of them this year.

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:16 AM
SJW :o You don't get it. I wa talking about a player (non-Blegian, non-Williams) being able to beat each four of them this year.

oh sweetie, i got it

which was why i was like "does that count? :p" cuz i know it's not the same

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:16 AM

No, she will say: " I had fever and then I twisted my ankle.....and blah blah. But if I had won, I wouldn´t have felt because I´ve such a big heart and blah blah." At least Serena is honest.

Kart
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:18 AM
I think Amelie can do it. Kim was really not playing that well from what I saw of her match. There's definitely an opening.

Greenout
You anti-Justine's are full of it. lol.

The concensus of everybody at Justine's Official
web site after the loss to Ai was to give her all
the credit and her number 10 ranking she deserved.
It's all over the place, in the news, in the supporters
board. I hardly doubt anyone would deny Amelie
her due too. You may see what you want; but the
truth is that Justine and the supporters are tennis
fans; period. Credit is due; we can see hard work,
and talent among all the players on tour. Come on,
if you sucked....would you even be on the tour?

Juju_fan
Serena hit 70+ errors in Paris. yea that's Serena at her best :rolleyes:

Justine at her best can change the outcome of a match, but not Serena.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiigght
I guess we'll find out next year...

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:22 AM

of course not! justine will say i have the flu, sniffles, fever, or accuse momo of faking injuries. thats justines style right?

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Fuck it, I'm just so happy to see Momo get a big win and finally make it to the final of a really BIG tournament (albeit not a slam... and it's too long since 1999). Allez Amelie! :bounce:

Juju will be back roaring in 2004 and she's ended the year as #1. And if she was going to be eliminated by anyone I bet she would have chosen Amelie. I don't know how close those two are but they are, at the very least, on good terms.

Of course Momo can beat Kim. Whether she will succeed in doing so this time remains to be seen. They are evenly matched, but Kim seems to have the mental edge. I'll be happy with the outcome no matter what happens next. If Momo wins, I'll be over the moon. If Kim wins, she'll have fully deserved it.

harloo
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Justine played the same way she played in the USO semi which was what she usually does.

The problem is that not Kim, or Jennifer were confident enough to beat her. She was very beatable at the USO. But the difference is her mental toughness in those tough situations.

It took Amelie to calm down and apply the pressure and keep it up. I was shocked at the way Amelie handled serving out the match against Henin-H. Usually you can count on a choke from Amelie, but she really held her ground and did not flinch during the final set.

Congrats Amelie!

Go all the way! :) ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:24 AM
You anti-Justine's are full of it. lol.

The concensus of everybody at Justine's Official
web site after the loss to Ai was to give her all
the credit and her number 10 ranking she deserved.
It's all over the place, in the news, in the supporters
board. I hardly doubt anyone would deny Amelie
her due too. You may see what you want; but the
truth is that Justine and the supporters are tennis
fans; period. Credit is due; we can see hard work,
and talent among all the players on tour. Come on,
if you sucked....would you even be on the tour?

obviously you have selective reading skills otherwise you would have noticed the distinct excuse making on this site for justine commited by her rabid fans.

Nemesis
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Fuck it, I'm just so happy to see Momo get a big win and finally make it to the final of a really BIG tournament (albeit not a slam... and it's too long since 1999). Allez Amelie! :bounce:

Juju will be back roaring in 2004 and she's ended the year as #1. And if she was going to be eliminated by anyone I bet she would have chosen Amelie. I don't know how close those two are but they are, at the very least, on good terms.

Of course Momo can beat Kim. Whether she will succeed in doing so this time remains to be seen. They are evenly matched, but Kim seems to have the mental edge. I'll be happy with the outcome no matter what happens next. If Momo wins, I'll be over the moon. If Kim wins, she'll have fully deserved it.
I'm having the exact same feelings :worship:

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:26 AM
I guess we'll find out next year...

it's in ones best interest not to upset Serena

ask Jennifer

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Justine played the same way she played in the USO semi which was what she usually does.

The problem is that not Kim, or Jennifer were confident enough to beat her. She was very beatable at the USO. But the difference is her mental toughness in those tough situations.

It took Amelie to calm down and apply the pressure and keep it up. I was shocked at the way Amelie handled serving out the match against Henin-H. Usually you can count on a choke from Amelie, but she really held her ground and did not flinch during the final set.

Congrats Amelie!

Go all the way! :) ;)

Yep, she really stood strong...but let´s look at her last few slams, she only lost to a Williams all the time and there is no shame in that.

Hawk
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:27 AM
it's in ones best interest not to upset Serena

ask Jennifer

hehe indeed ;)

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:30 AM
This thread is hilarious!!

boy the excuses are flying all over the place.

I can't wait to next year! :bounce:

one because now they won't say with every breath Kim beat Serena and Venus at the Championships but never mentioning Venus was hurt and didn't even finish one set and

two, next time a Williams plays bad and their fans admit they played bad Kim or Juju fans won't say a word...:tape:

well a girl can hope....;)

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:30 AM
hehe indeed ;)
I guess Justine has all in her hand not to be scared of Serena's revenge... :haha:

Greenout
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:32 AM
I'm talking about the Official site- not this
thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh!!!!!!!

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:33 AM
This thread is hilarious!!

boy the excuses are flying all over the place.

I can't wait to next year! :bounce:

one because now they won't say with every breath Kim beat Serena and Venus at the Championships but never mentioning Venus was hurt and didn't even finish one set and

two, next time a Williams plays bad and their fans admit they played bad Kim or Juju fans won't say a word...:tape:

well a girl can hope....;)
One: only blind Kim's fans can arguably say that Kom beat Venus fair and square last year at the Masters...
Two: it's not about whether a player plays bad or not, it's about whether they say: "well, i played so badly, I would have crushed my opponent otherwise" (Did I say Serena Williams? :tape: )

selesfan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:34 AM

So true! Justine played very well today, Momo just outplayed her, no time for whiny excuses, if she was sick she should have stayed home. :rolleyes:

Greenout
Forget it! I'm wasting my time here with the
obvious haters.

Everyone who likes Justine- stop posting in
this thread against these people. It's not
worth the effort to even speak with these
louts.

SJW
I guess Justine has all in her hand not to be scared of Serena's revenge... :haha:

that was almost funny

not quite, but almost.

you forget that Serena is scared of Justine. after all, that is what Ms Henin said :o

harloo
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:35 AM

Yep, like she had it in her hand in the Wimbeldon 2003 semis.

;) :)

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:35 AM
obvious haters.

louts.
:worship:

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:36 AM
One: only blind Kim's fans can arguably say that Kom beat Venus fair and square last year at the Masters...
Two: it's not about whether a player plays bad or not, it's about whether they say: "well, i played so badly, I would have crushed my opponent otherwise" (Did I say Serena Williams? :taped
: )

Where do you live? It wouldn't be down the rabbit hole would it? You are sooooo far into fantasy land I don't know where to begin. One saying you felt bad and had a fever and etc., etc. is no different then saying you played below you best level but if you must believe that then go ahead. :shrug:

oh and I meant the commentators not Kim fans I should've been clear about that. :)

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:36 AM
obvious haters.

louts.

ROTFLMFAO @ how Justine fans adopt the use of the word "haters"

these are the same people who were given the tag due to their attitude towards the sisters :tape:

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:37 AM
that was almost funny

not quite, but almost.

you forget that Serena is scared of Justine. after all, that is what Ms Henin said :o
Why do you think we haven't seen Serena in action in such a long time? :angel: :tape:

Anyway, I can see now why Serena is so interested in acting: I guess she's trying to develop some tricks to counter-attack the hand pulsions of Justine :haha:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Two: it's not about whether a player plays bad or not, it's about whether they say: "well, i played so badly, I would have crushed my opponent otherwise" (Did I say Serena Williams? :tape: )

Nope, you did say that if Justine was in top form she would have crushed Momo!

SJW
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Why do you think we haven't seen Serena in action in such a long time? :angel: :tape:

cuz she's injured you fool

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:40 AM
obvious haters.

louts.

Greenout, its a fact that at the beginning of this thread some JuJu fans made several excuses. I don't know what was said at the "official" site but I don't go there.

I think its evident that when a fan base is talked about its in reference to this board and no other board.

You need to go back and read the first posts in this thread and you will see execuses made.

I think all groups will make execuses when they feel their fav should win and she doesn't. That's life. The question is will we just realize that's human nature and stop acting like its ok for some to do it and others not to.

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Nope, you did say that if Justine was in top form she would have crushed Momo!
quote me on that one! :haha:

Hint: I guess it will be hard because i never said that :confused:

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:43 AM
cuz she's injured you fool
Have you ever learned the meaning of "second-degree"? :rolleyes:

:yawn:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:45 AM
If you say Justine didn´t have the fire, she was ill, the match had no meaning for her, this and that....after Amelie won, ain´t you saying that if it was a REALLY big match, Justine´d won?!

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:46 AM
If you say Justine didn´t have the fire, she was ill, the match had no meaning for her, this and that....after Amelie won, ain´t you saying that if it was a REALLY big match, Justine´d won?!
Are you sure you're talking to me? :confused:

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Juju_fan you said Justine played crappy. Wouldn't that imply that if she hadn't played crappy she would've won? :confused:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:50 AM
No, because Kim will probably play less crappy than Justine did today...

Still wanna play fool?!

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Juju_fan you said Justine played crappy. Wouldn't that imply that if she hadn't played crappy she would've won? :confused:
It was an emotional reaction coming just after the match. "crappy" was a bit excessive, but I didn't imply that Amélie didn't deserve the win. I think I explained that in my other posts!

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:52 AM

Here another one....still wanna play the fool?!

Ballbuster
lizchris you should be slapped for a thread like this.

Juju_fan
Still wanna play fool?!
:yawn: It's up to your interpretation to say that I implied what you say I was implying... :rolleyes:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:53 AM
It was an emotional reaction coming just after the match. "crappy" was a bit excessive, but I didn't imply that Amélie didn't deserve the win. I think I explained that in my other posts!

And a Williams-fan says a Williams played bad, does that mean that their opponent didn´t deserve the win?!

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:54 AM
:yawn: It's up to your interpretation to say that I implied what you say I was implying... :rolleyes:

Sure, sure....but you have been caught pal, everybody saw the same thing I saw.

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:55 AM

So we are not suppose to hold you to your words because they came from an emotional reaction just after the match and weren't meant to take away from the win but when Serena says her level was 9,000 notches below its because she can't give credit. Hmmm, who would be the more emotional a fan watching a tv screen or the player actually playing?

I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt when I see you give Serena the benefit of doubt. N'est pas?

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:57 AM
bandabou I'm going to stop answering on this thread.
You're just pathetic because you come up with quotes that have nothing to do with what we were discussing about.

If there's a fool here, that must be you.
I did give credit to Amélie and Ai for her wins, as would Justine have done, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway, I have flu too, and it's 3 am here, so I'm off to bed and I stand with what I said. Get over it!

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:57 AM
So we are not suppose to hold you to your words because they came from an emotional reaction just after the match and weren't meant to take away from the win but when Serena says her level was 9,000 notches below its because she can't give credit. Hmmm, who would be the more emotional a fan watching a tv screen or the player actually playing.

I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt when I see you give Serena the benefit of doubt. N'est pas?

Ain´t this just the truth?! :worship:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:59 AM
bandabou I'm going to stop answering on this thread.
You're just pathetic because you come up with quotes that have nothing to do with what we were discussing about.

If there's a fool here, that must be you.
I did give credit to Amélie and Ai for her wins, as would Justine have done, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway, I have flu too, and it's 3 am here, so I'm off to bed and I stand with what I said. Get over it!

blah blah....just admit that Juju-fans are full of excuses, the same way they acuse the Williams-fans of being full of excuses.

Get well soon!

Juju_fan
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:03 AM
At least I have a point that you can't give the best of yourself when you have the flu, as my fave and I have experienced today :angel:

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:06 AM
At least I have a point that you can't give the best of yourself when you have the flu, as my fave and I have experienced today :angel:

Excuses, excuses....all different ways to say that one wasn´t at best form-

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:07 AM
The thing is that people expect Serena to be gracious in defeat because she is the best (something that I at least don't dispute). At the least, however, she is not a particularly gracious loser. Maybe when she's dominated on and off for a few years (as will probably happen) she'll seem more .... statespersonlike.

You never see me attacking her beyond the kind of very mild comment above. Everyone says things that might not be the wisest in retrospect - coz of bad wording, clever baiting by journalists, spur-of-the-moment emotion, etc, etc. It's not a big deal. Serena has done it, Juju, has done it, Amelie has done it. Everyone has done it, even "sweet" Kim. Too much is made of it.

Chance
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:07 AM
I saw most of their Rome final... Amelie played some beautiful tennis but ran out of batteries in the 3rd while Kim was like the energiser bunny- never gave up.
Out of the 2 players Kim is mentally more tougher, so I'll give her the edge.

It should be an interesting match, i'll be taping it.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Venus may be about the best at being statespersonlike, no matter what she's feeling, but someone will probably come up with counterexamples.

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:10 AM
The thing is that people expect Serena to be gracious in defeat because she is the best (something that I at least don't dispute). At the least, however, she is not a particularly gracious loser. Maybe when she's dominated on and off for a few years (as will probably happen) she'll seem more .... statespersonlike.

You never see me attacking her beyond the kind of very mild comment above. Everyone says things that might not be the wisest in retrospect - coz of bad wording, clever baiting by journalists, spur-of-the-moment emotion, etc, etc. It's not a big deal. Serena has done it, Juju, has done it, Amelie has done it. Everyone has done it, even "sweet" Kim. Too much is made of it.

Everybody does it, but Serena is being singled out...even when she doesn´t really LOSE many matches to begin with.

moby
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:13 AM

imo, if justine HAD to reach the finals to secure the year end no.1 ranking, she would have beaten amelie

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:18 AM
imo, if justine HAD to reach the finals to secure the year end no.1 ranking, she would have beaten amelie

Nothing Amelie could do about it right?! Even when they were pretty evenly matched...

The same way I can say that if Justine would have admitted that she raised her hand and that the crowd would have behaved, that Serena would have won the match at the French.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Everybody does it, but Serena is being singled out...even when she doesn´t really LOSE many matches to begin with.

I think Serena is singled out to some extent because it seems incongruous coming from someone who is clearly the best. I think once you have reached that point a degree of extra confidence, graciousness and maturity is expected of you. You are expected to have the confidence to sit back and give accolades to others.

On a higher scale still, imagine if Navratilova went around shooting her mouth off. It would seem strange for the Greatest Of All Time to do so. Serena is not at that level as yet, but something similar applies.

That said I don't actually think Serena is singled out all that much. Too much is made of less-than-gracious comments by all the players. We should cut Serena and all the others more slack than we do.

moby
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:22 AM
sometimes it's about how much you want it, i guess

i think one of justine's aim was to finish at year end no. 1, and she may not ever get such a good chance again (then again she may)

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:24 AM
I think Serena is singled out to some extent because it seems incongruous coming from someone who is clearly the best. I think once you have reached that point a degree of extra confidence, graciousness and maturity is expected of you. You are expected to have the confidence to sit back and give accolades to others.

On a higher scale still, imagine if Navratilova went around shooting her mouth off. It would seem strange for the Greatest Of All Time to do so. Serena is not at that level as yet, but something similar applies.

That said I don't actually think Serena is singled out all that much. Too much is made of less-than-gracious comments by all the players. We should cut Serena and all the others more slack than we do.

Yep! I can see your point...too much is made of it. Leave the girls alone!

bandabou
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:25 AM
sometimes it's about how much you want it, i guess

i think one of justine's aim was to finish at year end no. 1, and she may not ever get such a good chance again (then again she may)

Nope, she won´t! The tour´s starting to figure her out and look through all the injuries.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Meanwhile some poster called Tech1 has just given me a bad rep for my last post. This person has no posts, so it has no effect on my rep total at all, lol. :D

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:13 AM
wait, a silver dot can be positive or negative so I thought. Unless he actually said something in his rep just assume it was positive.;)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:14 AM
Nah, s/he had a nasty li'l comment. :)

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:15 AM
Nah, s/he had a nasty li'l comment. :)

Ohh! :o

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Maybe this person will be game enough to post so I can hand out a couple of red dots in one hit. :D

Rocketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:19 AM
Maybe this person will be game enough to post so I can hand out a couple of red dots in one hit. :D

um, I don't think you will be that lucky! :lol:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:21 AM
:haha:

moby
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:30 AM
hmmm... this tech1 person repped me too... together with a weird enigmatic comment

1jackson2001
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:38 AM
I'd be happy with a win from either Kim or Momo.

lizchris
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:53 AM
lizchris you should be slapped for a thread like this.

What are you talking about?

Knizzle
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:58 AM
What are you talking about?

Amelie actually beat Juju and will beat Kim, whereas Kim got a retire from Venus in the first set.

mishar
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Justine was uneven, but she played fantastic in some parts of the match. I don't know how anyone could say she played crappy. It may not have been her best match, but she made some stupendous shots.

Amelie just outplayed her at the end. It's not like Amelie is some nobody who can't play.

Knizzle
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Justine was uneven, but she played fantastic in some parts of the match. I don't know how anyone could say she played crappy. It may not have been her best match, but she made some stupendous shots.

Amelie just outplayed her at the end. It's not like Amelie is some nobody who can't play.

Exactly. Justine didn't play badly by any means.

lizchris
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Amelie actually beat Juju and will beat Kim, whereas Kim got a retire from Venus in the first set.

Many of us know that, but you know every time you mention that one fact, Kim fans and fans of other fans who don't like Venus jump down your throat.

Hingiswinsthis
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:26 AM
until Amelie proves me wrong, I'll bet on Kim. Amelie simply looses her focus in these huge events in the 3rd set. She certainly has the capability to get Kim into a 3rd, then we'll talk.

mishar
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:34 AM
How can anyone say Juju played crappy?

69% first serve, 11 more winners than errors.

if that's crappy...

Ok, the momentum shifted to Amelie in the middle of the third set, but that's tennis. One break of serve decides the match. If Justine had broken back in that final game, she could have won and everyone would be saying how wonderful she played.

But CONGRATS AMELIE! I AM SO HAPPY!

katrientje
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Goodluck to both girls tomorrow! :)
Amélie improved each match this tournament. Justine just wasn't fresh enough to be the best of this elite-group.
I actually hope amélie wins, she needs a big title to give her confidence a big boost... That can only be good for the competition in 2004 (and we need more of that that's for sure!)

tenn_ace
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:37 AM
now that Justine and Russians are out, go Momo!

take $1m home! :bounce:

Ballbuster
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Many of us know that, but you know every time you mention that one fact, Kim fans and fans of other fans who don't like Venus jump down your throat.

You should now better than to start silly baseless threads like this Bri_han. Actually, you should repent and change the title.

esquímaux
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:52 AM

:lol:

lizchris
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:03 PM
You should now better than to start silly baseless threads like this Bri_han. Actually, you should repent and change the title.

I think the word is know and the thread isn't baseless. I am a big Venus fan and know that Kim didn't actually beat Venus, but technically it counts as a win because Venus chose to take the court instead of giving Kim the walknover (like I wish she did). BTW, I don't Kim is going to win tonight because unlike last year, she will acutally have to play two matches after the round robin to win the title, unlike last year.

DA FOREHAND
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:06 PM
No because justine didn't retire after the first five games. If Amelie plays like she did last nite she won't have a chance against Kim.

saki
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:08 PM
I'm mainly a Justine fan, but I like Amelie a lot too and I'm really pleased that she's in the final. It would be so good for her to win this and I think she's in with a real chance against Kim. Amelie has variety, speed, strategy and, most importantly, an attacking game. If she's on, be Kim's defence nevere so good, she'll win! Allez!

Come-on-kim
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Off course she can, but i hope she won't ;)

Tarzan
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:26 PM
C'mon Kim go for it! ;)