PDA

View Full Version : 30 Year Salute & Tribute To Former/New #1

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:23 PM
I've read that tonight (before doubles) there is a celebration for the WTA being "30 years old" and also to pay honor to those who have been/are currently/will be tomorrow (literally) ranked #1.

Anyone has news? Who will be there?

Instant
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:25 PM
I've read that tonight (before doubles) there is a celebration for the WTA being "30 years old" and also to pay honor to those who have been/are currently/will be tomorrow (literally) ranked #1.

Probably a safe bet that Miss Navratilova will be there ;)

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:28 PM

Tracy Austin, Martina Navaratolova, Chris Evert, Martina Hingis, Venus and Serena Williams, Lindsay Davenport and Jennifer Capriati will represent the former number ones. As far as the former YEC winners, all but Venus and Jennifer were, so I don't know if the others will be there.

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Martina Hingis :yeah: :woohoo:

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:33 PM
:sad: No Monica? :shrug:

:sad:

angele87
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Tracy Austin, Martina Navaratolova, Chris Evert, Martina Hingis, Venus and Serena Williams, Lindsay Davenport and Jennifer Capriati will represent the former number ones. As far as the former YEC winners, all but Venus and Jennifer were, so I don't know if the others will be there.
What about Kim and Justine :confused:

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM
What about Kim and Justine :confused:

I think it is obvious they are going to be there.

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Nope, it is only Chris, Tracy, Justine, Kim, Martina N, Martina H, Lindsay, Jennifer...no venus and Serena, no Monica, No Graf.

angele87
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:00 AM
I think it is obvious they are going to be there.
Ok, I was just checking :) So when is this thing?

MLF
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:29 AM
The #1's who missed it were Monica Seles, Steffi Graf, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario & the Williams sisters. It would have been lovely to see them all there too.

Ballbuster
Nov 10th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Venus and Serena.

PointBlank
Nov 10th, 2003, 01:59 AM
asv :SAD:
monica :SAD:

Trish101
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:09 AM
who really cares? they obviously dont really care about some half baked "celebration" or else they would have come (espeacially Graff, she couldnt care)

All the important #1's are there. and the other girls obviously dont deserv to be there beacaus they dont care. period.