PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to Jennifer

matija-seles
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:10 PM
It is obvious that she played with injury. She did not go away after 2nd set with Kim Clijsters.Although she known she was not going to win. SHE PLAYED FOR FANS!!!

Good Luck Jenny in 2004! :kiss: :hearts: :) :worship:

E. Blackadder
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:06 AM
She did play for the fans ,adn that's a great thing. You could obviously see she was in pain and couln't even walk well :hearts:
THat didn't take away Kim play great tennis in set 2 and 3 to win the match ;)

tennisIlove09
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:08 AM
:worship: She's still one of my faves :worship:
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/cap_win_1.jpg

CapFan#1
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:04 PM
It's funny, I was thinking about posting a thread on this very topic!! I was really proud of the effort Jen put in this past week. She was very injured, and did not have a lot of match toughness after a 5 week lay-off, but she played pretty good, and won two great matches and played Kimmie tough for a set and a half until that damn hip-flexor got injured again. I think many players would have retired in that match, or the one with Henin, rather than lose... and I am sure it was killing Jen to go down to these players... but she soldiered on and I was really proud of her!

I think 2004 is gonna be great for her. Annacone is gonna be good for her and her game, and with the off-season to get in better shape, she is gonna be a serious contender at the slams. I think it is great the way she is always trying to improve and be better!!!!

JennyS
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:09 PM
This was definetly an interesting week for Jen. She played much more aggressively and came to net more than she did earlier this year. It's too bad she had to get injured during the tournament.

*abby*
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:47 PM
i just want to say thankyou jenny for being the best player you can be and the best role model too.you truly are my hero and the way you continue to fight, even when injured, is an inspiration to me.youre the best!!!!i love you jenny!!!

mishar
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:51 PM
I have to agree. Capriati has never been my favorite player, but I admired that she stuck it out, made it to the semis, and even when she was clearly out of it, she kept fighting, didn't retire. A real pro.

jenny161185
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Im so proud of her aswell I just hope this injury isn t too serious - does anyone have any info on her? Cant wait to see her back at the ozzie open :)

DEETHELICK
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Jen, who hadn't won a match post USO got to the seminfinals in a tough tournament.

She defeated a title winner (Ai), a recent finalist (Myskina) and took a set off the current World No. 1.

In addition, she is looking to take her game forward with the help of Anacone and proved to us all she has a huge heart.

Jennifer is an inspiration, when it comes down to fighting and giving it your all.

I enjoyed all her matches this week, and I believe that this off-season could get JCap back in the mood for some GS titles!

Good luck in 2004 Jen! :D

DEETHELICK
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Jen, who hadn't won a match post USO got to the seminfinals in a tough tournament.

She defeated a title winner (Ai), a recent finalist (Myskina) and took a set off the current World No. 1.

In addition, she is looking to take her game forward with the help of Anacone and proved to us all she has a huge heart.

Jennifer is an inspiration, when it comes down to fighting and giving it your all.

I enjoyed all her matches this week, and I believe that this off-season could get JCap back in the mood for some GS titles!

Good luck in 2004 Jen! :D

KV
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Jenny deserves some credit. Didn't play this years masters under the best circumstances. Nevertheless she took a set off Kim, and reached the semi-final.

DannerCal
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Good post. I think she surpassed her own expectations, and still knows that she has the skills to beat the best and content for titles! Looking forward to supporting her through 2004!

FanDeJen
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Jen is reserving the best of her tennis for the next year.
She will start winning the Aussie open!!!
Thankyou Jennifer for being such a great champion and a great inspiration.
Te queremos mucho mucho mucho!!!!!

Tratree
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I was impressed by her playing on as well. She was serving unbelievably well for a set and a half and then her hip/back flared up and she was not the same player, but she stuck in there. She said after the Henin match that she kept playing because the fans had paid to see a match and she didn't want to disappoint them. She said she will have tests done when she gets home to make sure this is nothing serious as it keeps recurring.

On the positive side, there were some great signs of Jen's game to come in 2004. Her serve as mentioned above and also the aggressive nature of tennis she played was impressive. Paul Annacone will do wonders for her game. She will be ready to go in Australia, I have no doubt.

tennisIlove09
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:56 PM
yea, her serve has improved so much. I first noticed it at Wimbledon. I suspect with further practice during the off season, she'll be back in Australia...where, I think she has her best shot at a major. Why? She's won 2 of the last 3; and both sisters should be rusty

Jennifer's wife
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:58 PM
go Jennifer!!! :bounce: