PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAPPENED??- Kim def Jen in 3's

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:07 PM
I am beyond mad at my fav, she screwed herself over YET AGAIN...you think shed learn, but no. Tell me folks, what in blue hell happened to make jen choke so bad? or did she even choke? Was she injured? moving badly? i cannot understand how she could have tanked sooo bad. EXPLAIN :o

Knizzle
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:19 PM
I am beyond mad at my fav, she screwed herself over YET AGAIN...you think shed learn, but no. Tell me folks, what in blue hell happened to make jen choke so bad? or did she even choke? Was she injured? moving badly? i cannot understand how she could have tanked sooo bad. EXPLAIN :o

Cappy asked for the trainer after the 2-2 game, then she borke Kim to go ahead 3-2 and had her injury timeout and after that Kim started to play really well and Jennifer started to fade after missing like 3 breakpoints at 3-all in the second.

katrientje
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Jen's injury was bothering her too much, that's all trish.
she gave her all!
A healthy Jen would have beaten Kim today

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:28 PM
What happened was that Jen bag of tricks did a 360 and came back and kicked her right in her ass.

She thought she would take that time out to relax her and focus more but it only helped Kim to pumple her into a 3rd set bagel!!

Something good came from this though.. they both enjoyed each others company at a Basketball game.

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:28 PM
EXPLAIN: "fade"?
Because everyone says she still played well, but Kim played...well she pushed jen too far with the injury and everything,

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Dawn hun, that was before the tournement began. But they are friends.

i dont buy the whole "bag of tricks" jen doesnt pull those, i think you mean Venus-like bag of tricks, which in recent times Justine has very succesfully imitated.

(i just wondering how vee will react when she experinces first hand how Justine has suppased her in every department...i figure shell out "trick' her)

harloo
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:34 PM
LMAO@Dawn Marie.

But Trish Jen was injured really. In the first set it was not really bothering her.

But Kim's level also was raised in the second and third, but about the end of the second set you could see that the injury was really bothering her.

Kim just kept running for everything and she played great, but it would of been more of a match if Capriati was not semi injured.

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Trish Jen injury was not hurting her to where she HAD to quit. She just messed herself up by handing Kim the momentum. Once she knew this she stopped going for her shots.

Even Kim said she was surprised at Jen's move!!

bello
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Well dont to Jenn for finishing off the match, she has true class, but its so unfortunate for Jen and us Jen fans to see her injury copst her a very possible final birth here.

Very dissapointing... :sad:

AND..Love u Trish!!! XO

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:39 PM
ok dawn, post the interviews of BOTH players so that i can see what the reason was...thaxs sweetums

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:41 PM
i luv you too bello!

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Trish, Venus will react like she always does and that is by kicking the holy hell outta Jen!!

U haver no right bringing up Venus being a Jen fan.

maryjane
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:44 PM
wasn't too "cold"their meeting at the net??they r friends but they didn't talk and jen almost didn't look at kim in her eyes...very strange!

Jennifer's wife
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Jen was too injured to give it her best shot this tourny. She played her best and proved she's still the classy cappy we love. she didnt retire in the match, kept goin altho it was futile. her hip must hav hurt bad for her to take a timeout at such a disvantagous time. at least no1 can accuse our Jen of doin a henin! ;) Jen did us proud 2nite, she didnt choke or otherwise fuck up. a healthy Jen woulda won that in 2 sets. The girl dun good, despite the score.

disposablehero
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Jen's injury was bothering her too much, that's all trish.
she gave her all!
A healthy Jen would have beaten Kim today

A healthy Jen was leading. "Would win" is speculation, not tremendously supported by the facts of the past year and a half.

viele
Nov 10th, 2003, 02:35 AM
wasn't too "cold"their meeting at the net??they r friends but they didn't talk and jen almost didn't look at kim in her eyes...very strange!

I'm glad someone else noticed this too! As friendly as they are supposed to be, that sure was a very abrupt handshake. Not even a hug, or a kiss on the cheek, or even a congrats from Jen that I could tell. Normally players that are friendly with each other share SOME pleasantries at the net. I'm not saying that they aren't friends or at least friendly but this was very wierd!

sunnysideup
Nov 10th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Jenny started to limp when Kim was serving at 5-0 in the third set.:sad:

treufreund
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:00 AM
I'm glad someone else noticed this too! As friendly as they are supposed to be, that sure was a very abrupt handshake. Not even a hug, or a kiss on the cheek, or even a congrats from Jen that I could tell. Normally players that are friendly with each other share SOME pleasantries at the net. I'm not saying that they aren't friends or at least friendly but this was very wierd!

actually jennifer had a friendlier exchange with Justine at the net than with Kim. justine and myskina kissed twice after their match. :D anyways I am not surprised Jenn would act this way even towards her "friend" kim clijsters. :rolleyes:

DannerCal
Nov 10th, 2003, 05:57 AM
It is amazing to see so many versions of what happened.
So here is mine: Jennifer actually winced before she called the trainer out, as she felt pain in her back. After she came back from the medical time out, she just was not the same. She was not moving as well, and she lost the fire that she had. Kim picked up her play after the time out, so I think it was a combo of both. At the net they both just extended a quick hand. Kim did not ask her if she was o.k, and I think Kim knew. Jennifer had to be totally disappointed, bec that was her match to win. It sucks to play injured, and Jennifer has been injured all week. It is emotionally draining. So before we criticize Jennifer for not kissing Kim, try to understand what it must feel like to know you were winning and then your body would not hold up. I also saw the mini chat Kim did, and I did not hear her say she was surprised at what Jennifer did. I think Jennifer probably feels now like she should have just kept playing, and kept the momentum, (as the massage did not help - and I think that 1. It got in her head to much, 2. the momentum did change as Kim picked her game up.)

Trish101
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Jen was fucking 3 games away! she could have waited for that 'massage' that did NOTHING...whatever im pissed, shes an on court idiot! she is a wonderful player but she just doesnt know what to do when things get down...ughHH!!!!

DAWN - shut up, you have no right to tell ME what i can or cannot do, so fuck off.

sunnysideup
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Jenn's really need some mental overhaul, so next time she gets her decisions right.:sad:

The trainer I think is Kim's friend that she over stretched/pulled Jenn's thigh on that medical time out. Jenn became a vegetable after that medical break.:sad::bigcry:

Trish101
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:40 AM
I KNOW! that trainer should be fired really

...kim..., i thought she and jen were friends, welll welll Kims TRUE colours come out... bitch!

sunnysideup
Nov 10th, 2003, 06:59 AM
they may be friends off court but not on a tennis court.;)

maryjane
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:13 AM
it has no sense.Aove all cuz jen was not feeling well and it was clear.if she was her friend she could ask how she was...

tennnisfannn
Nov 10th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Sorry jen fans but to understand what went wrong injury or not, you would have to go over the endless no. of three setters jen has played against Serena, Kim, Justine, Lindsay, the top girls esp. and you realise it has become more mental than anything else. her game is pretty solid and she should be able to close the matches out and fails instead. I still can't get over the fact that she let Lindsay beat her on clay.
If she hadn't been injured, I think she would have made the third set competitive but as for winning it, i don't know.