PDA

View Full Version : The last time Jenn beat a top 5 player was AO '02

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:37 PM
WOW!!! :eek:

That's a long time. If she beats Kim it could be an even bigger acheivement for Jenn than originally thought.

It could put her back to competing for tournaments....

LindsayRulez
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:40 PM
I was just going to post something about this.

As much as I hate to remember it, Jennifer beat Lindsay Davenport in the final of New Haven this year, and Lindsay was 4 or 5. Right?

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:41 PM
no #6 or 7 is think. What was she seeded for the Us OPen?

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I was just going to post something about this.

As much as I hate to remember it, Jennifer beat Lindsay Davenport in the final of New Haven this year, and Lindsay was 4 or 5. Right?

i was gonna say the same thing.........

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM
no #6 or 7 is think. What was she seeded for the Us OPen?

Lindsay was seeded #3, Jenn #6......

LindsayRulez
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Lindsay was seeded #3

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:47 PM
From the WTA:

as world No. 7 and No. 3 seed, notched first title in 18 months at New Haven when top-seed and former world No. 1 (current world No. 4) Davenport was forced to retire at 62 4-0 due to neuroma condition

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:52 PM
so then its only been a few months since capriati beat a top 5!!

as opposed to nearly 2 years!! (which the title of this thread suggested)

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:53 PM
so then its only been a few months since capriati beat a top 5!!

as opposed to nearly 2 years!! (which the title of this thread suggested)

I am just going by what Cliff, Mary Joe, and Pam have said like 5 times now....

Maybe they just aren't counting this one because Lindsay retired

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:55 PM
davenport may have retired in the match, but technically its still a top 5 win.

LindsayRulez
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm wondering why they keep saying that...

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:56 PM
I don't think Pam considered Jen's win a win because Lindsay retired. Had Venus or Serena retired, Pam would have said it was a win.

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:03 PM
im just mad jen has let ANOTHER led slip...shes about to be bageled! AHHH! no fight girl!

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:06 PM
I don't think Pam considered Jen's win a win because Lindsay retired. Had Venus or Serena retired, Pam would have said it was a win.
Yes because Pam is such a ruthless bitch.
;)

While YES I'm teasing, the whole chip on the shoulder cast by the media thing is getting a bit tired. I'm trying to be polite even though it didn't come out that way. And it's not really directed at any one person specifically. :)

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:08 PM
No...but ONE win over a top 5 player and she has been top 5 during that time as well...that is pathetic!

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Yes because Pam is such a ruthless bitch.
;)

While YES I'm teasing, the whole chip on the shoulder cast by the media thing is getting a bit tired. I'm trying to be polite even though it didn't come out that way. And it's not really directed at any one person specifically. :)

What are you talking about?

Kart
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Looks like she'll have to wait until 2004 for the next one :sad:.

Still, IMHO she definitely still has it in her :).

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Nope, that time is GONE!

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:12 PM
What the hell is Pam talking about then? If there is a segment asking viewers to call/email we should all email her telling her that she is wrong.

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:14 PM
What are you talking about?
It's not to you. I'm just tired of reading (and I paraphrase) "Pam said my fave's hair isn't cute, so I hate Pam now." Type stuff.

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:16 PM
It's not to you. I'm just tired of reading (and I paraphrase) "Pam said my fave's hair isn't cute, so I hate Pam now." Type stuff.

I don't hate Pam; I don't even know the woman. Having said that, I think she has some sort of bias against the sisters for some reason.

V&SGotItGoingOn
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:16 PM
It is kind of dumb how they aren't counting Jennifer's victory over Lindsay as a top 5 win, yet all year they kept talking about how Kim beat both Williams sisters in last year's Championships. Give credit where credit is due!!

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:17 PM
I don't hate Pam; I don't even know the woman. Having said that, I think she has some sort of bias against the sisters for some reason.
Ok, it wasn't for you. Everyone has a bias... I was just demonstrating that same fact.

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:19 PM
It is kind of dumb how they aren't counting Jennifer's victory over Lindsay as a top 5 win, yet all year they kept talking about how Kim beat both Williams sisters in last year's Championships. Give credit where credit is due!!

I told you; it is because Venus and Serena are Venus and Serena and eveyone else is everyone else.

JennyS
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Pam has made a number of mistakes during the broadcasts. She has repeatedly said that Jen and Justine played Doha this year, when it was Dubai.