PDA

View Full Version : Kim One Match Away From Repeating As YEC Champion

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:10 PM
She lost the frist set to Jennifer 6-4, but came back to win the last two sets 6-3, 6-0. Jennifer was up 3-2 with a break when she called the traner and never recovered from that as she didn't win a game after the trainer treated.

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Good luck Jen! :D

Fight hard and keep on doing what you're doing girl! :)

Rtael
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:11 PM
I was first! I was first! :sad:

SJW
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:13 PM
lol i feel bad cheering against Jen but i want Kim to win this so bad

win the second set Kim :) then i don't really mind who wins it from there

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:17 PM
What a boring match so far.... :mad:

Come on ladies pick it up!!!!!!!!!

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:18 PM
^^ you know if jen loses the second (and she might) shell have a disadvantage! COME on Jen BUCKLE down...do this! play YOUR game, and keep up the pressure! Dont let up!

Rtael
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:20 PM
4 more games, cappy!

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Come on JEN! do this! buckle down, hit your shots, dont let up! go for broke! fight fight fight! Come on PLAY YOUR GAME, do this!

Rtael
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:22 PM
3 more games.... ;)

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
whats the score? lol im SUPPOSED to go to a late lunch with my girlfriends!!! whats the score???!

SJW
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:23 PM
the score now?

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Jennifer just broke, up 3-2 in the second...

Kim can't put the ball in the court, just missed an easy volley

1jackson2001
I want Kim to win and defend her title. I want to see her win against Justine. If Jen wins this, I will cheer for her against Justine, but I don't know if Jen will put up a good fight against her in the finals...seeing as what happened in the round-robin.

Trish101
Come OB JEN! do this! keep up the pressure! hit your shots! do this! COME ON! YOU CAN DO IT...keep this up jen fight!

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Can you believe tha Kim may receive her second walkover/ retirement to the finals?!

´Cause Jen is receiving a medical time-out right now.

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Jen was in so much pain, and all these factors combined with justines fabulous play, jen was totally helpless...but now shes doing what she has to do, shes playing her down and dirty fighting game, scrapping and doing what she did when she had too...remember French 2001?

welll DO IT JEN FIGHT! hit your shots! we believ!

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:28 PM
NOOOO! bandabou why you have to come in here and ruin it? god, dont talk like that, christ!

COME ON JEN FIGHT! YOUR INJURED BUT FIGHT!!!!

Rtael
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Does she just not want to win or something? That time-out was definitely a mistake....even if she was hurting some, it's obvious she wasn't hurting enough to REALLY need it, and that just helped to shift the momentum!

3-3
:sad:

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Does she just not want to win or something? That time-out was definitely a mistake....even if she was hurting some, it's obvious she wasn't hurting enough to REALLY need it, and that just helped to shift the momentum!

3-3
:sad:

yer right maybe a momentum shift, jenn double faulted twice last game to lose serve...

Kim 15-30 3-3

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
god the suspence is KILLING ME....I cant even get coverage, which sucks, elese id be at my tv screaming!!! ugh im shaking! im shaking!

COME ON JEN! FIGHT!

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:31 PM
They have a live scoring thread in the tournaments forum....in case u wanted it :p

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:32 PM
vcome on do what you have to do! come on girl! Jen do this!

disposablehero
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Can you believe tha Kim may receive her second walkover/ retirement to the finals?!

´Cause Jen is receiving a medical time-out right now.

The only way she could be luckier is if she got it from her sister.

matthias
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:33 PM
go Jenny Baby

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:38 PM
The only way she could be luckier is if she got it from her sister.

What´s that supposed to mean?!

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Jenn wastes 3 bp's in Kim's last service game and is broken at love...

Kim serving 5-3 15-0 for second set..... :p

SJW
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Go Kim!

saab95
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:44 PM
Sorry for off-top
Now Jen is one set from the rest

jenglisbe
How is Kim's backhand? There were some reports of an injury to the left hand (she had it taped last night or something), which would really only affect the backhand...if the rumor is even true.

lizchris
I was doing the laundry and didn't know Jennifer needed the trainer. I don't think that is the reason she lost the second set; the reason is Kim stepped it up.

Considering how Jennifer has been playing three setters, she will probably lose.

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:46 PM
How is Kim's backhand? There were some reports of an injury to the left hand (she had it taped last night or something), which would really only affect the backhand...if the rumor is even true.

Her backhand seems fine...she puts her left hand down when she does her outwide splits and has slammed it down a couple of times already, once when she slipped

she seems ok tho...up a break 1-0 3rd set :p

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:52 PM
im soooo dissapointed, once again Jen has let a lead slip, what is her problem? BUCKLE DOWN! play YOUR TENNIS DONT DO THIS...Jen your too good for this shit...come on girl smarten up! do what you have to do!

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:53 PM
3-0 kim?! jesus christ jen! come on! play dont just do nothing! we know you can do it! come on!

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:55 PM
come on jen! brreak back! come on! fight fight fight!!! YOU CAN DO THIS! Dont let some silly thing get in your way of beating Kim! come on! FIGHT!

Trish101
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:58 PM
4-0 kim???!! COME ON JEN!!!!!!!

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Wow did Jenn tank...she's done

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM
It is 5-0 now and Kim is going to serve for the match. It is obvious looking at Jennifer that she can't move and should do the right think and retire since Kim is going to win.

harloo
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I already knew Jen was going to choke again.

But Kim is on fire out their. I mean this is the best she has played this tournament. Did anyone see the lob?

I would rather her win and fight H-H in the semis than Jen winning and losing in the finals.

jellybelly
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Jenny! :mad: Kim not= Serena! :(

oh and Kimmy not playing nearly good as in Momo match; she get better since injury break but still not best :p

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:05 PM
What happened to the friendship?! They BARELY gave each other a hand after the match.

jellybelly
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:06 PM
you would handshaking after tanking last 10 games? :mad:

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:09 PM
But even Momo who I don´t know if she is close with Kim, has embraced her and stuff....but if you are friends, it doesn´t matter...you´re still friends, right?!

V&SGotItGoingOn
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:11 PM
I think Jennifer is very competitive and she is probably really dissapointed and upset after losing, she is probably to angry with herself to think about hugging her opponent.

nygirl
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:22 PM
But even Momo who I don´t know if she is close with Kim, has embraced her and stuff....but if you are friends, it doesn´t matter...you´re still friends, right?!

When will you people understand that tennis is an individual sport? Do you really think these girls become the best in what they do by being all chummy with eachother? :rolleyes: I personally think not. But I do think that if Jen had won she would've given Kim a more sincere handshake or even embrace.

A lot of those girls are only 'nice' after a win. The 'friendship' is invisible after a loss.

Besides I truly don't believe these stories of so-called friendships on Tour. The only true and sincere band is that between V and S. All the rest is superficial imho. There is just too much at stake there to form real friendships.

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:28 PM
When will you people understand that tennis is an individual sport? Do you really think these girls become the best in what they do by being all chummy with eachother? :rolleyes: I personally think not. But I do think that if Jen had won she would've given Kim a more sincere handshake or even embrace.

A lot of those girls are only 'nice' after a win. The 'friendship' is invisible after a loss.

Besides I truly don't believe these stories of so-called friendships on Tour. The only true and sincere band is that between V and S. All the rest is superficial imho. There is just too much at stake there to form real friendships.

That´s why I brought it up. No one is friends...just friendly.

Elke
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Being friendly and a good atmosphere make things a lot easier, in tennis or in a 'normal' proffesional life.

But on the other side, Kim wasn't showing a lot of happiness either, don't know if that had to do with Jen or her own level...

maryjane
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:17 PM
I was asking the same questions.
maybe jen was also bothered by the way to behave of kim:too many gestures of joys when she was feeling bad...I don't know.It was strange,between them above all.cuz jen didn't look at her...it seems the same handshaking with henin in the semi of usopen.

Hawk
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Well I didn't see the handshake but Kim did say before that her and Jen are friends but she mentioned that they aren't like buddy-buddy right after a match :p Cause obviously one of them has to lose and be disappointed.