PDA

View Full Version : WTA Championships in Houston too?

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:52 PM
What?

My thoughts exactly. I was just talking to my father about tennis in general, results, where the heck Monica is, etc and then he just throws in you know they are trying to get the WTA Championships here right? :retard:

I say what are you talking about and then he says Jim McIngvale is trying to get them in 2005 after they are done with the ATP Masters. He said that he read it in an article in the Houston Chronicle. I will need to read the article myself when he gets home but :eek:

Yay Jim Yay! What can he not do! :worship: Forget L.A. and New York! ;)

:bounce:

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:30 PM
I hope they do get 'em... I'd go to Houston again. Specially for tennis! :yeah:

But I'm biased towards Chicago. ;)

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:47 PM
No it should stay in LA, no point of changing around, this year is better than last year, and the next year will be even better, WTA YEC need a permanent resident build up their fan base instead of jumping ship everytime it is not working out. They made a mistake in NY now don't do it again!!

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:48 PM
No it should stay in LA, no point of changing around, this year is better than last year, and the next year will be even better, WTA YEC need a permanent resident build up their fan base instead of jumping ship everytime it is not working out. They made a mistake in NY now don't do it again!!

i agree!!

just leave it be......otherwise the tournament will turn into a joke!

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Oh yeah, the ATP Masters are a total joke. No one ever goes do that event when it moves around.

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Oh yeah, the ATP Masters are a total joke. No one ever goes do that event when it moves around.

the atp and wta are 2 different tours- so u cant really compare them.

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:22 PM

I am sorry, as much as I love WTA and women tennis, men tennis is different, people still treat men tennis more seriously, they have more history, more fan base.

WTA is different, it is a new product, a product which need to develope until it can be compared to ATP.

if we had WTA year end champ in Shanghai, it would have been not as successful as the year end champ for ATP. It is painfully true unfortuneately, but maybe in 5-10 years time, WTA is mature enough to have a real solid fan base all over the world :)