PDA

View Full Version : Martina's Return

Andrew.
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:13 PM
I'm really surprised I haven't seen a full thread on this yet. I can't believe she's coming back! Does anyone know the details? I hope she plays the AO, as it is her best surface.

What does everyone expect from her? I don't think she'll ever be number one again, but I think she can get back into the top 10. I'm so excited!!!!!! :D

katrientje
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:19 PM
What are you talking about?
Did Martina mention that she's coming back?

Andrew.
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:21 PM
Pam said so on ESPN2 last night...

Whatzup
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
I don't think it's true, but I hope so :D

selesfan1
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:25 PM
I think Pam hinted that she mght but not anytime soon

beauty_is_pink
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:30 PM
YaY Martina!!! :hug:
please come back!!! :sad:

Knizzle
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:31 PM
If she came back, she would be my 5th favorite player.

PatM04
I wish she would. Good luck to her if she does:)

Daniel
Martina :D :bounce:

tennisIlove09
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:33 PM
What was the quote Pam said?

Remember, Pam also said that the Belgains were better then Venus, so you can't trust everything she says :p

K-Dog
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:36 PM
During the Henin-Hardenne vs. Capriati match, Mary Jo interviewed Martina about coming back. She said that she is content with not playing tennis, there are many other things to do besides tennis, and she said that it would take a medical miracle to her to come back. Right now it doesn't sound like she will return any time soon. Pam said that it has only been a year since she retired and that nothing is final with these athletes. Martina never said she was coming back though to answer your question.

cool bird
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Matina hingis will not be comeing back to play tennis. But I do think she is going to be involed with tennis. Pam should not have said such a stuipid statement. Hingis said she will never play a proper match agin and she is the one i will listen to

Tripp
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:17 PM
I think she could come back some day. Other players have been trough serious injuries and came back, even though the doctors had told them it would be impossible (Philippoussis, M. Norman). But if she's not motivated enough to do it, then I guess she will never be back on the courts, unfortunately.

UDiTY
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:20 PM
I want her to come back as well...

Which is weird cuz I used to not like her at all.

But I never heard Pam say she was definitely coming back, I heard Mary Joe say that she heard that Martina had been hitting a little more now.
:p