PDA

View Full Version : 2004:The Year of...

Paneru
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Who's year do you think it will be and why?

Venus Forever
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:21 PM
The year of Venus.

Just remember what happened the last time a Williams dropped to #10 or lower. ;)

Doraemon
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I've got a feeling that Venus will have a breakthrough year. She will be super-motivated when she comes back from the injuries. Unlike her sister, Serena who seems to be comitted to other things like acting, Venus seems to be ready to put her full mind to the sport and if she really sticks with it, then she will bulldoze everyone in her way.
I just wish her a injury free season cuz she's capable of anything anyone has ever done!

saki
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping that it'll be Amelie's, but you never really know with her...

I'm not sure that it'll be anyone's year in particular, I think Serena and Justine should win Slams again, Kim will miss out on Slams again, and Venus may or may not start to play more than 6 tournaments a year and/or the odd Tier I!

tyk101
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:50 PM
monica's year. she'll surprise us all

croat123
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:50 PM
K-lina!!!!!

gmak
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:51 PM
i hope kim finally wins a slam and amelie reaches at least ONE slam final

faboozadoo15
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:12 PM
seles-- she'll nab a wimby and the olympics...

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:13 PM
The year of..... quite a few. I honestly don't think 1 or 2 people will win *everything*. This year will have more parity to it than most. And watch for a major surprise at RG. :eek: :yeah:

tennisIlove09
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:32 PM
Venus. It'll be deja vu. The last time Venus missed 6 months will happen all over...only this time it'll last ALL year (Aussie-Paris-Wimbledon-Athens-New York-LA) :worship:

Allez-H
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:46 PM
I think Kim will finaly win a slam(probably the Aussie) but I really think it's gonna be Justines and Serena's year again.I'm so looking forward to next year

Knizzle
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Venus. It just makes sense.

Doraemon
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:57 PM
I don't see one particular player dominating the next season. Either Serena or Venus may win multiple slams but don't think the same player will win more then three, let alone all the four.
As for the year end no.1, it will well depend on how comitted the Williams sisters will be. I think baring injuires Venus will play a lot more than she did this year and naturally rack up a lot more ranking points. I dunno about Serena, though. The Belgians gonna have to deal with the pressure as the players to beat. So they will be really tested. I don't see other than the four, anyone threatening the top spot.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:00 PM
The year of...

Venus

I have a really good feeling that were not going to see any more belgians in any more slam finals, and I also have a feeling venus is going to start to play more and more, and shes going to win that Diamiond thing at Antwerp.

Also hopefully Rubin will be able to break through and win some more titles.

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Venus.... Venus is MAD and ANGRY right now that she dropped out of the top 10! ANGRY Williams is WINNING Williams.

Knizzle
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Venus.... Venus is MAD and ANGRY right now that she dropped out of the top 10! ANGRY Williams is WINNING Williams.

It's just too bad Serena will spoil Venus' year by beating her at the French and/or the US Open.