PDA

View Full Version : Kournikova refuses to quit

Nikola
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:05 PM
http://www.jelly-dokic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=349

Anna Kournikova on Sunday refused to write off her career despite a chronic back injury which has blighted her recent performances.

"I still love tennis and want to play, but I have a chronic back condition which makes it impossible to play more than week at a time," said Kournikova after competing in an exhibition match against Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn in Pattaya.

"As an athlete you must expect injuries and you have to learn how to deal with it, but it is very frustrating. But I really enjoyed playing against Tammy."

Kournikova still keeps in shape and showed plenty of the skills that once earned her victories over Steffi Graf and Martina Hingis, and took her to the Wimbledon semifinals. And she is so keen to play regularly again that she is even considering surgery.

"That is one of the options I'm looking at," she revealed. "I hate needles, but I have to look at everything."

And she discounts the constant reports that she is much more interested in an acting career than returning to the tennis arena.

"When there is no information about me there will always be rumours," she said. "I should hold up a sign. My number one priority is tennis. That's what I want to do, far above anything else."

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Thanks, Nikola. I'm glad Anna is perhaps taking a page from Da Boi's uber-babe and demanding 2B looked @ as an athlete, which the '03 "Challengers Plan" may have been a signal of. (I just wish she'd give up the calendar gig and tell the ova-testosterone set to jerk off to pics of somebody else).

vogus
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:34 PM
JR :worship: to that

always the problem that Kournikova says the right words out of her mouth but then all that other baloney just keeps going on and on, is there ever going to be an end to it...