PDA

View Full Version : Will Anna K. still get a protected ranking ?

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:08 PM
... although she just played an exhibition ?

Can you deliberately choose to stay off the tour although you are healthy again, just to get the protected rank ? And even play (non-official) matches ?

Thanks in advance.

-Sonic-
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:10 PM
I don't see why you can't stay off the tour on purpose...

When was her last match? I sound like a git here but I just lost all interest in her years ago lol. She still blonde or has she done a Christina? :) hehe.

NicoMary
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:15 PM
... although she just played an exhibition ?

Can you deliberately choose to stay off the tour although you are healthy again, just to get the protected rank ? And even play (non-official) matches ?

Thanks in advance.

Anna K can't in the current time play on the tour because of her back, she did not decided only to play exhibition...so she could have ask for a protected ranking, hope that she did :)

Anna K is THE BEST!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship:

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM
I don't see why you can't stay off the tour on purpose...

When was her last match? I sound like a git here but I just lost all interest in her years ago lol. She still blonde or has she done a Christina? :) hehe.
her last match was in May

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Good luck to Anna. Also the fact that you can play a hit-and-giggle exhibition match doesn't mean that you are fit to play in a serious tournament.

KV
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Anna thoroughly deserves a protected ranking. The majority of players on the silver exempt list, apart from Dechy can't complain of being injured for weeks. Mostly most players on the silver exempt had more downs than ups. So Anna deserves it.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:37 PM
you can even play doubles qualifying and if you lose you are still eligible for Injury rank

as long as you don't get any WTA pts then you're ok.
as for FED CUP......... you think any sane captain would pick someone crock ??
that situation has never arisen as far as i can remember.

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:42 PM
But you need a medical examination stating you are injured in the first place ?
Or can you stay out for 6 months for ANY reason and then return with protected rank ?

Or what if you have a cold which is confirmed by doctors, pull out of a tournament and then stay out for 6 months, although you were healthy for the last 5 1/2 months ?

Experimentee
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:23 PM
I think people do deliberately stay off the tour for 6 months to get an injury rank. Its possible that Anna did. Its better to stay off the tour and be able to enter tournaments with a top 100 ranking than play now and be stuck with a ranking outside the top 300.

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:24 PM
But you need a medical examination stating you are injured in the first place ?
Or can you stay out for 6 months for ANY reason and then return with protected rank ?

Or what if you have a cold which is confirmed by doctors, pull out of a tournament and then stay out for 6 months, although you were healthy for the last 5 1/2 months ?

GoDom, get serious..... a cold :rolleyes:

a protected rank is nothing compared to where you were.
you think that anyone would stay away for 6 months and start all over again in challengers ??
you only get 8 tournaments for your protected rank, and you don't get seeded.

you have to apply for a Injury rank within 4 months of getting injured.

yes people do deliberately stay away but thats when they're seriously injured. if they're not ready after about 4-5 months, only then do they decide to skip another month
its not worth missing 3-3.5 months

calabar
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Anna K's ranking does not need protection, however, it's the tennis public that NEEDS protection against this imposter, masquerading as a tennis player.

Cal

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:54 PM
I know that no player who is serious about her career would do that. I was thinking of a player who is tired of playing tennis and just needs a few months or longer off the tour but wants to leave open the opportunity to return, so she would use the injury rank and claim to have an injury, one that might even be real but not that serious. (She probably wouldn't use a "cold". ;))

A good player could get a decent ranking back with 8 tournaments.

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Anna K's ranking does not need protection, however, it's the tennis public that NEEDS protection against this imposter, masquerading as a tennis player.

Cal I disagree. First, Anna had some really good performances in the 90's, and then started getting hurt. Plus, she had the humility to opt for the Challenger route last spring to try to recover her game. Nobody holds a gun to the heads of the members of Annaholics Anonymous and makes them in effect diss her worse than her "haters" by THEM treating her as someone "masquerading as a tennis player". The problem isn't Anna, it's her obsessed fans.

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:05 PM

Cal
dear i'm sorry but you need medical help... :rolleyes: