Al
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:53 AM
2-6 6-4 10-6(Champion Tiebreak)
Anna :kiss: :kiss: Tammy :kiss: :kiss:
Thanks for a fun match.

pigam
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:55 AM
omg! go anna! :eek:
she ís a talented player, but I stiil think she needs to focus more on her tennis... but maybe (hopefully) that's what she's going to do this year. It would be ashame to throw her talent away ... she also is abeautifull player (physique- and gamewise) player to watch of course ;)

The Guilty
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Anna :D :bounce: :woohoo:

Al
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:00 AM
And she said in the post-match interview that she would hopefully comeback in the beginning of next year, hope that's true. :)

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:13 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG.... crying of happiness :hysteric: :crazy: :sobbing: :hearts: :bounce: :banana:

ajayares
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:13 AM
And she said in the post-match interview that she would hopefully comeback in the beginning of next year, hope that's true. :)

Well that's what I have been expecting all along. There was No point in her playing before the 14th November (when she gets her injury ranking)
I am expecting (hoping) in the next few weeks that it will be announced that she will be playing Auckland next year.

As for todays result, kind of surprised to tell you the truth. Didn't expect her to win (not that it really is a win, when you don't play a 3rd set) but atleast she got thru a match.

BTW Al how did she serve? powder puffs or serves with reasonable pace on them?

azza
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:15 AM
:haha: Tammy :o

*Marat BigFan*
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:18 AM
It's a fun match...entertaining :lick:

Anna is so cute :hearts:

Anna is playing OK :hearts: Tammy didn't play her 100%, she just play an entertain point :kiss:

Nothing serious, they laugh and talking jokes...

:hearts:

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:29 AM
well done Anna :D :)

good comeback :)
hope she comes back for good in 2004 :)

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:37 AM
how I wish it was a WTA final and not an exhibition.:angel:

go Anna!!!!:bounce:

V.Melb
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Tammy should really take these matches more seriously! :rolleyes:

slice
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:02 AM
:banana:

Roxers
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:03 AM
anna :bounce:

Vincent
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:07 AM
I can't believe my eyes! Do you mean Anna Pistolesi or Anna KOURNIKOVA? OMG, The sexy Anna is back! Tammy, what were you doing there?:o:p

Mattographer
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Tammy should really take these matches more seriously! :rolleyes:
Hey, this is an exhibition! :rolleyes:

KV
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Though it's an exhibition. Great result Anna. Haven't seen Anna looking in a better shape this year. Can't imagine Tammy let her win. Can't wait to see her back in the pro-tourneys. Would be great when Anna isn't injured for a few months. This girl belongs in the top 20, some top 24 players were by far more inconsistent.

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Well she is winning matches, regardless if its an exhibition. It has to make her feel confident beating a Top 30/40/50 (?) player!

Hopefully 2004 will bring her more success.

Glenn
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Well she is winning matches, regardless if its an exhibition. It has to make her feel confident beating a Top 30/40/50 (?) player!

Hopefully 2004 will bring her more success.
Tamarine is ranked #34. :)

JackFrost
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:19 PM
I don´t know...what are this exhibition results worth? Tamarine just wanted to give the publikum and the organizer what they want.

jenny161185
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:20 PM
Well done To Anna - hey its a confidence booster

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:22 PM
This girl belongs in the top 20, some top 24 players were by far more inconsistent.
and so does some top15

Allez-H
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:30 PM
Way the go Anna! :woohoo:
Hopefully you can comeback on the highiest level next year.

ghosts
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Well done Anna ;) :smooch:

Kart
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Anna :D

Al
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Well that's what I have been expecting all along. There was No point in her playing before the 14th November (when she gets her injury ranking)
I am expecting (hoping) in the next few weeks that it will be announced that she will be playing Auckland next year.

As for todays result, kind of surprised to tell you the truth. Didn't expect her to win (not that it really is a win, when you don't play a 3rd set) but atleast she got thru a match.

BTW Al how did she serve? powder puffs or serves with reasonable pace on them?

Her serve was just okay, but what impressed me was her groundstrokes.
She hits with big pace and takes it very early,many beautiful shots from her

Harju.
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Anna :smooch: :hearts: :yippee:

Insidermd
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Here's an article that has some quotes Anna made after the exhibition.

Kournikova refuses to quit
November 9, 2003

PATTAYA, Thailand (AFP) - Anna Kournikova said she was refusing to write off her career despite a chronic back injury which has blighted her recent performances.

The glamour girl of tennis, still only 22, claimed just one victory on the WTA Tour during the 2003 season, beating Slovakia's Henrieta Nagyova in the first round of the Australian Open in January.

She then played one match on home ground in Miami, lost in the first round in Sarasota and retired during her first round match at Amelia Island the following week.

Even stepping down to an ITF Challenger event in May in the search for an elusive victory proved unsuccessful, as she eventually retired during her semi-final. That was the last official match she played.

"I still love tennis and want to play, but I have a chronic back condition which makes it impossible to play more than week at a time," said Kournikova Sunday after competing in an exhibition match against Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn in Pattaya.

"As an athlete you must expect injuries and you have to learn how to deal with it, but it is very frustrating. But I really enjoyed playing against Tammy."

Kournikova still keeps in shape and showed plenty of the skills that once earned her victories over Steffi Graf and Martina Hingis, and took her to the Wimbledon semi-finals. And she is so keen to play regularly again that she is even considering surgery.

"That is one of the options I'm looking at," she revealed. "I hate needles, but I have to look at everything."

And she discounts the constant reports that she is much more interested in an acting career than returning to the tennis arena.

"When there is no information about me there will always be rumours," she said. "I should hold up a sign. My number one priority is tennis. That's what I want to do, far above anything else."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20031109/en_afp/tennis_wta_kournikova_031109131051

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:46 PM
This is the kind of Annaholic thread that makes it hard not 2B negative. For Chrissakes, Tammy has played a full year, and just played into the SF here. She played a serious set and then went through the motions for the benefit of the (literal) jerkoffs there and all ova the world who were Jonesing for their Anna fix. If Anna's serve still sux, she'll need good movement and freedom from the stress injuries long rallies produce that are CUMULATIVE. I wish her no ill, but the "thinking with the wrong head" this exhibition no doubt has caused 2B "emitted" worldwide is equivilant to watching an Olympic marathonerer who's been injured do well in a 1500 meter run and draw any correlation. :rolleyes:

Whatzup
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Congrats Anna :D :woohoo:

Vut
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Good Match for Anna and Tammy.
SO FUN !!!! :hearts:

PatM04
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Well although it's an exibhition maybe Anna can take some confidence from it and come back strong next year:) Good luck next year!

Elena Demented
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:42 PM
This is the kind of Annaholic thread that makes it hard not 2B negative. For Chrissakes, Tammy has played a full year, and just played into the SF here. She played a serious set and then went through the motions for the benefit of the (literal) jerkoffs there and all ova the world who were Jonesing for their Anna fix. If Anna's serve still sux, she'll need good movement and freedom from the stress injuries long rallies produce that are CUMULATIVE. I wish her no ill, but the "thinking with the wrong head" this exhibition no doubt has caused 2B "emitted" worldwide is equivilant to watching an Olympic marathonerer who's been injured do well in a 1500 meter run and draw any correlation. :rolleyes:
Well said

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Well said I'm honored to get your first post, esp. as Elena is hotter anyway! (No, Leena, I mean Alonya, not yours)! :p Of course, ED, Baby Blue Eyes :kiss: (Lina K.) is the fairest Russian of them all, by like a, er, kilometer! ;)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Go Anna!!!!!!!!! Soooooooooooooo Happy Right Now