PDA

View Full Version : Henin-Hardenne sustains slight ankle injury

great smash
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:22 AM
VRT teletekst reports that Justine sustained a slight injury to her ankle during the first set of her match against Ai. Not to make matters worse she didn't take any risks during that match.
However the report she IS supposed to play her semi later today
VRT teletekst (http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=400&g=1&s=0&r=0&x=1)

fifiricci
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Quelle surprise! :rolleyes:

azza
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Oh Okay.

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:15 AM
so this time its her ankle?!!!!!

no doubt it will be MORE bad gamesmanship.....

rottweily
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:17 AM
so this time its her ankle?!!!!!

no doubt it will be MORE bad gamesmanship.....

:rolleyes:

Juju_fan
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Come on, have you guys watched the match?

On set point in the first set, she blocked her ankle and collapsed in pain! (They replayed this at least ten times on Eurosport :sad: )

I hope it's nothing, but it may bother her today...

drapero
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Justine said after the match that her ankle is fine.
VRT people obviously hoping that she's injured.

VRT=lies&fabrications

Juju_fan
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Justine said after the match that her ankle is fine.
VRT people obviously hoping that she's injured.

VRT=lies&fabrications
:worship:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM
The physical demands of the game on players who play a lot of tournaments, get deep into every one (juju is usually in the finals of the tournaments she plays), and train and travel constantly must be intense. I doubt whether any of us would last long at all without being plagued by injuries, cramping and soreness, fatigue, and minor illnesses. Perhaps Justine should cut down a bit next year, but that is a different issue.

I can only assume that people who constantly question injuries, aches, illnesses etc have lived lives wrapped in cotton wool and have no idea what an intense lifestyle is like.

Allez Joosteen
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:15 PM
slight injury to her ankle

Slight. Despite the injury, she'll still win...and ruin many of your respective Sundays. :devil:

justine&coria
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:17 PM
it's the end of the season: i don't think justine ever played that many matches in one year (though this year, she played less tournaments)
Venus is out, Serena is out, Lindsay is out, Capriati is hurt ...
Of course, Justine can have many problems. Those doesn't really prevent her from playing (which is not the case of serena or davenport, though i wonder how venus' problem at strain can long that long).
The more she plays, the more she'll have problems.

Concerning the lost match against sugiyama, it doesn't really bother me : but this loss seems to shadow a bit her tournament (especially if she wins).

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Nah, whoever wins will have earned it within the rules. It's just like the ATP. The eventual winner may well have one or more losses along the way. It makes it the more intriguing.

Go Justine (though I've gotta root for Momo in the semi).

Experimentee
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:14 PM
I think she will probbaly win her semifinal now

tennnisfannn
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Mauresmo better be in the practise courts, reading Justine's interviews will cost her dearly :devil:

GoDominique
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:24 PM
She stumbled and fell. That's all.

Lady
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:28 PM
AND JUSTINE SAID THAT HER ANKLE IS FINE
I doubt Amelie read Belgian teletext

Kart
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:37 PM
The physical demands of the game on players who play a lot of tournaments, get deep into every one (juju is usually in the finals of the tournaments she plays), and train and travel constantly must be intense. I doubt whether any of us would last long at all without being plagued by injuries, cramping and soreness, fatigue, and minor illnesses. Perhaps Justine should cut down a bit next year, but that is a different issue.

I can only assume that people who constantly question injuries, aches, illnesses etc have lived lives wrapped in cotton wool and have no idea what an intense lifestyle is like.

Well said.

NaturalBlues
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Slight. Despite the injury, she'll still win...and ruin many of your respective Sundays. :devil:

:lol: :lol:

JustineTime
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Mauresmo better be in the practise courts, reading Justine's interviews will cost her dearly :devil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

maryjane
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:57 PM
every match a new problem...I'm starting to hate her...why?why???

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:00 PM
Kim's got a slight injury too. Her hand is taped.

mauresmofan
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:23 PM
I cannot wait for this match up - I've never seen a Momo Juju match up and they are keeping the one handed backhands alive. I hope Justine can play well cause this could be just as good a match as the Kim Momo match up. Go Momo!!!!

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:26 PM
So now that the fever is over, she has an ankle-sprain?! This girl is REALLY amazing!

Ballbuster
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:27 PM

On set point in the first set, she blocked her ankle and collapsed in pain! (They replayed this at least ten times on Eurosport :sad: )

yes, and I find her to be a great actress on the court.

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:52 PM
So now that the fever is over, she has an ankle-sprain?! This girl is REALLY amazing! Can we "just" agree to hate on the Clijsters Clan? :p

per4ever
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:55 PM
So now that the fever is over, she has an ankle-sprain?! This girl is REALLY amazing!
Will you please READ the other replies before you spread your nonsense???

JUSTINE SAID HER ANKLE IS JUST FINE!!!!!!!!!!!! The damn press is just making something up, once again.

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:56 PM
Can we "just" agree to hate on the Clijsters Clan? :p

Nope, we reformed him. You try to do the same.

Nemesis
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:07 PM
every match a new problem...I'm starting to hate her...why?why???
yes, and I find her to be a great actress on the court.
IDIOTS :fiery:

OR you didn't see the match / saw things that aren't there but that you wanted to to see (at a rally at MP for Ai, she tried to run to the ball, she slipped, couldn't get to the ball and the set went to Ai because of it, Justine went to her chair and didn't complain, didn't ask for a time-out, she did nothing!!!)
OR you don't know what was in the article (no quote of Justine, just an interpretation of the stupid, anti-Justine Belgian ceefax) AND you clearly didn't see what Justine said about it ("it was nothing, I didn't hurt myself").

These are the VERY low accusations, standing on no ground! You should feel ashamed ... With this you proved that the rotten character doesn't belong to Justine, but to you ...

* all this started when the lovely girl Kimmie accused Justine ... how sweet from Kimmie :rolleyes: *

Jennifer's wife
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:07 PM
she probly cut herself shaving. its really easy to do that on the ankle

:unsure:

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:10 PM
* all this started when the lovely girl Kimmie accused Justine ... how sweet from Kimmie :rolleyes: *

IDIOT :fiery: ;)

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:16 PM
IDIOT :fiery: ;) Hey, don't go Fleming my Francophone Friends, inc. Fleemke (#1 honorary Walloonatic)! :D

lizchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:24 PM
VRT teletekst reports that Justine sustained a slight injury to her ankle during the first set of her match against Ai. Not to make matters worse she didn't take any risks during that match.
However the report she IS supposed to play her semi later today
VRT teletekst (http://193.121.55.225/tt/tt.php?p=400&g=1&s=0&r=0&x=1)

OK, then I take back what I said about her tanking. I knew there had to be a reason why she didn't win that match last ngiht (because she probably would have without this new injuru).

However, I think Amelie may have a chance to beat her if her movement is limited in any way.

This is beginning to look a lot like last year's YEC tournament.

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Hey, don't go Fleming my Francophone Friends, inc. Fleemke (#1 honorary Walloonatic)! :D

J'aime les francophones :worship: ;)

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:30 PM
no, Iīm reformed. I ainīt hating noone anymore. I thought Justine was injured, but now I see that the press blew it up. My bad!

harloo
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:34 PM
H-H + New Injury= Semi-Final win

:lol:

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:38 PM
no, Iīm reformed. I ainīt hating noone anymore. I thought Justine was injured, but now I see that the press blew it up. My bad!

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Jennifer's wife
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:39 PM
:tape: :lol:

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Ainīt I a good boy?! :D :angel:

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:45 PM
Ainīt I a good boy?! :D :angel:

And I deserved my place in heaven. I'm so good at reforming.

SJW
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:56 PM

you guys are contradicting each other. she collapsed in pain, but she didn't hurt herself?

i'm confused :confused:

Juju_fan
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:01 PM
you guys are contradicting each other. she collapsed in pain, but she didn't hurt herself?

i'm confused :confused:
Yeah, she collapsed in pain but didn't need an injury time out so I guess that wasn't too bad afterall...

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:05 PM
And I deserved my place in heaven. I'm so good at reforming.

Sure do, miss! You are an: :angel:

Nemesis
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah, she collapsed in pain but didn't need an injury time out so I guess that wasn't too bad afterall...
It wasn't a pain-face. It was more of a "Ugh -...-What-a-stupid-and-humiliating-way-to-lose-a-set"-face-with-a-sour-laugh.

bandabou, it's positive that you see that you were wrong ... But still ... I don't believe you for 100% :p

ans
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=JollyRogerThat's simply "not seeing the world through rose-colored glasses").[/QUOTE]

I don't wear glasses, and if so, they would not be rose 'cause I don't agree with these things either. There's a difference between bashing and disagreeing. I'm optimistic, but not naive.
Amen.

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:15 PM
It wasn't a pain-face. It was more of a "Ugh -...-What-a-stupid-and-humiliating-way-to-lose-a-set"-face-with-a-sour-laugh.

bandabou, it's positive that you see that you were wrong ... But still ... I don't believe you for 100% :p

Who does?! ;)

Princess Fiona
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:23 PM

:clap2: Good post... :)

bandabou
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:24 PM
But when the sisters are NOT playing because they are injured, people question them. What further prove is needed for an injury than not playing?!

Princess Fiona
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:25 PM
she probly cut herself shaving. its really easy to do that on the ankle

:unsure:

I know what you mean about that!! *winces* ;)

Good luck in your semi-final Justine!! :)