PDA

View Full Version : Roddick on SNL--after thoughts

tennisIlove09
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:03 AM
he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. He seemed to relax as the evening moved on.

Johnny Mac was never really funny.

ex hopman
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:02 AM
As someone said in the show... Andy kinda reminded me of Stiffler!
He did a good job, I thought! :)

1jackson2001
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:41 AM
I liked it. He did better than I had thought he would do as well. Great exposure for the sport of tennis. More people will actually know him now, lol.

nubienne954
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:45 AM
He did a great job. He's not an actor, or a comedian, and I think that yes, towards the end, he finally started breathing!!!

Fantastic
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Top athletes are usually better at following instructions from the director than actors. Actors try to be too creative with the instructions they are given and sometimes fall short, whereas athletes tend to do as told because sports is all about listening to the coach and following through with instructions in order to develop their technical skills.

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:40 PM
Very funny stuff! :yeah:

Jem
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Drats -- I missed it. Why would you have expected him to be lousy? Think about his personality -- he's a natural ham. He was bound to translate pretty well on Saturday Night Live. Wish I would have seen it; maybe in the reruns!

viele
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:44 PM
The Billie Jean Battle of the Sexes II skit was hilarious! My only complaint with the show was Johnny Mac. Why????????? I don't think I dislike anyone in tennis as much as I dislike him.

splat
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:05 PM
I loved it, just because so many of the skits were about tennis. All my non-tennis loving housemates were like "what the hell?" while I was laughing hysterically...a la Battle of the Sexes II.

Jericho
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:07 PM
He was pretty good, but what was annoying was John McEnroe...he seemed like the only reason he was there was to advertise not the Tour, but Roddick, it was annoying how much he kissed his ass and showed him off as it was him...but andy was cool

Paneru
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:09 PM
He was pretty good, but what was annoying was John McEnroe...he seemed like the only reason he was there was to advertise not the Tour, but Roddick, it was annoying how much he kissed his ass and showed him off as it was him...but andy was cool
My sentiments excatly!

Meesh
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:34 PM
The Billie Jean Battle of the Sexes II skit was hilarious! My only complaint with the show was Johnny Mac. Why????????? I don't think I dislike anyone in tennis as much as I dislike him.

SAME HERE! He is a publicity whore! I've seen enough of Johnny Mac all year and didn't want to see him on Andy's night. I'm not an Andy fan but he did a great job!

Ballbuster
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:29 PM
I'm glad I missed it.

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Pretty Much sucked. I didn't laugh or even smile in some of the bits. Like the Agassi one or the doctor office one. Why did he try and make his voice sounds all deep and booming. Fronting.....

Havok
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:49 PM
it was quite good actually. bad skits aren't his fault, he didn't write them, but i think it focused a litle too much on tennis, and not everyone got the jokes. and Mcenroe kinda buged me, hey john u were never asked because maybe you're way to stiff!!! ever thought about that? well Andy did a much better job than Serena did in her acting things on TV, and she hired an acting coach :o if he keeps up his tennis achievements, i wouldn't be surprised if he got a call back, he was pretty opened to everything, and also making fun of himself. good stuff:yeah:

Jericho
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:56 PM
ever thought about that? well Andy did a much better job than Serena did in her acting things on TV, and she hired an acting coach :o

oh, so you did watch serena's appearance on tv :tape:

Jarrett
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:59 PM
This show is turning into too much of a high school program like production. Give me MadTV ANY DAY!

Havok
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:07 PM
^^ i totally agree. MAd TV has been far much better than SNL since 2000, SNL is going down the drain, its gotta pick up again, it used to he soo good in the 90's

Venus Forever
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Did not enjoy the show one bit, and it was not because of him.

The writers of SNL SUCK. They just do not know how to make people laugh anymore. The jokes are just not funny. They seriously need to get a new writing team.

Infiniti2001
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:22 PM
I was totally impressed ----surprisingly :p

V&SGotItGoingOn
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Andy was better than I thought he would be, but the skits were crap. I didn't really laugh that much throughout the whole thing. I wish Johnny Mac wasn't on there, but oh well what can ya do.

AjdeNate!
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:43 PM
It was funnier, than, say Kelly Ripa's ep. And I do love Pippa!! Her skits just stunk too. Halle Berry's was the best this year. But ARod wasn't bad. I liked the "you want to give him your rod dick." :lol: And "tell them I didn't poop my pants.... I didn't poop my pants!".

tennisluver99
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:01 PM
MAD TV ROCKS!!!!!!!!

SNL should have been cancelled years ago. After Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Chris Farley and Adam Sandler left, it started to suck.

Andy was good though.

goldenlox
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Some of the SNL cast are very talented. But the Hall & Oates sketch, and the politician during the news; that was so boring. And the first McEnroe appearance was okay. After that, he should have left.

tennisIlove09
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:17 PM
SNL goes through spurts of being really good, or really bad. I think the actors have a lot to do with it. They've lost so many good people in recent years

CC
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Andy was more relaxed than I thought he would be. I thought the show sucked because I was half asleep, but I see I wasn't the only one.