PDA

View Full Version : Great Ending of a Wonderful Year for Dementieva, Myskina and Sugiyama!

Happy Guy
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Congratulations to all three girls, you have had a solid year, especially that all 3 finish the year in the Top 10 for the first time in career!:)

Dementieva won her first 3 career titles this year, and Myskina won 4, including the prestigious Moscow, and Sugiyama won 2 as well! ;)

Good luck all girls in 2004!:)

the cat
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Congrats to Elena, Anastasia and Ai on having fine years. :D

fammmmedspin
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Ai always was gutsy - now she is reaping some reward. Elena D when in zone is awsome - if she could fix the serve she will do things next year. Myskina is a real relevation - she showed in Europe why she belongs where she is in the rankings, it was noticeable that the US crowds really liked watching her despite her scowls and the most amazing thing was that if she could reduce the number of UE into the net she would very likely have beaten both Henin and Capriati - all those beautiful winning points which were inreturnable if they hadn't hit the net. Get that right and no wonder Hingis is very impresed with her.

Daniel
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:50 AM
Congrats Elena, Nastya and Ai :bounce: :kiss: :worship:

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Congrats to all three, especially my girl Elena!

Good luck in 2004! :D

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Yup. Congrats to Elena D, Nastya, and Ai.

tennnisfannn
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Excellent post. These girls deserve a standing ovation. If only they could all win the most improved player award, but alas only one will win it.
Myskina has impressed me the most. She has gone from a player who just filled a void in the top ten to a real solid player. 2004 seems promising.

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Congrats to all

OMG Ai I am so so proud of you and it is just some rewards you have for believing yourself

Elena really impress me, I thought she is going to be a top 20 forever, but winning three titles this year is incredible, but I still think that she belongs to top 5, so hoepfully she ca fulfill her promise.

Anastasia never fail to impress me. She is very unlcuky against Justine or Jenn or she will be the player to beat in the tournament already. She had such a great year and I starting to feel that maybe she really is a legitimate top player, and grand slam finals or even a win from her sometimes in her career may not seem too far stretch than most people thought anymore :)

Diya
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:39 PM
:worship: all the three girls !

They all had a great 2003 and i hope they can do even better in 2004 !

Doraemon
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:03 PM
This is a great thread! I'm very happy everyone won at least one match. I was afraid Ai would be the only one with no victory and she plesantly surprised me with that fantastic win over Juju!
I luv the Round Robin format cuz it gives everyone a second chance and we as fans can expect a lot more competitive matches then the single elimination format. WTA did a great job copying ATP!

Julian
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Yes CONGRATS GIRLS! You made the end of the year much more exciting with the absence of the Williams and Lindsay! :)

jimbo mack
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Congrats to you all!!! :woohoo:

Mariolona-fan
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Good work.
Elena.. :kiss: :kiss:

shap_half
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:44 PM
These girls were amazing this year!!!! Just amazing!! Nothing short of amazing!! I can't begin to express how impress I have been with the three of them.

Anastasia Myskina needs to take a long hard look at herself and start to make the right decisions about where she needs to take her career at. I have a feeling that if she works hard on her serve and forehand and net work in the off season and if she meets Kim in the QFs on Oz, she has a great chance of making the semis of her first GS. I am very very liking Anastasia right now because of her amazing game. There is room for improvment in her game and as long as she takes the time to correct them, I have a feeling we'll be seeing a Russian in the top 5.

MisterQ
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Great years for all three!

Particularly nice to see the "veteran" Sugiyama continuing to improve her standing.

ghosts
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Alyonna :):D although I'd prefer to have Chanda in the semis

Nastya :woohoo:

Sugiyama :o

gmak
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:33 PM
congrats ladies :bigclap: especially my girl

alyona :hug: :kiss: