PDA

View Full Version : ELENA gets a win

UDiTY
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Congrats Elena... :worship:

I am sorry for Chanda, even tho I wanted Elena to win. But I am glad Elena won for her pride, and I hope she'll take this win and start well in 2004. :bounce:

Anyway, let's talk a little about Elena's game. Sometimes she plays great points, sets up the point well and finishes it off with a winner, showing signs of the potential of a top 10 player.

She really needs to clean up for UE's tho, she seems alot to me like Kim was before she became one of the world's elite players, it is just taking longer than expected.

About her serve, the way her second serve has looked this week I think she has been working on it. Today her second serve was better than Chanda's and she actually went for a few. Her first serve could also be a bigger weapon, but I think right now it's already up there with other top 10 players like Jennifer and maybe Amelie.

:p

Harju.
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:19 PM
:bowdown: Elena :D

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM
she showed character, grit, class and peskiness in her win today. :D

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:23 PM
The only bone I have with Alyona is that just when you think she's gonna take over the tennis world with her big results, she sputters and crashes :fiery: Being a fan of hers, it's frustrating. When she did well in Bali and Shanghai, I thought she was top 5 material and probably had a stint at a GS title in the future. But her recent results against the top players made me :rolleyes: .

It's inconsistency that's her problem. And she really needs to iron those wrinkles in her game. Maybe Martina can teach her a thing or two about consistency.

jimbo mack
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:26 PM
go elena :woohoo: at least she finished the year with a bang!!

Doc
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Elena's win s all down to me.

I got so disgusted with her at 2-5 down in the second, I switched channels to the Royal British Legion Festival of Remembrance.

When I swiched back, expecting to see Nastya and Jennifer, i saw Elena 3-0 up in the 3rd set!

As soon as I stopped watching Elena caught fire.

JLDementieva
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Great win Elena! :woohoo: :bounce:

vutt
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Elena :)

That's 3 wins in a row - Bali, Shanghai and LA - against Rubin. Impressive!!

Sharapova's_Boy
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Udachi Alyona :D

¤CharlDa¤
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Congrats Elena!!!

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Awesome from Elena. She finally got her game together this week, its a shame it was so late in the tournament.

At least she has ended her season with a win, over a player sho gave Elena so much trouble at the beginning of this year!

Good luck Elena in 2004! :)

gmak
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:10 AM
alyona :banana: :hug:

even at the very last moment she found some form
too bad it's all too late :sad:

too bad for chanda though i hate it all my faves drawn in the same group :mad: :fiery: