PDA

View Full Version : Chanda Rubin - worst choke ever ?

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Oh my ... She was served a Championship semifinal on a silverplate and chokes it away in the worst possible manner. :o :help:

Chanda, you are nice and everything, but this is just :rolleyes:

Benny Simms (sp?) will beat her up if she loses this. :sad:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Yep! All of sudden she stopped being agressive and stuff!

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:47 PM
Oh my ... She was served a Championship semifinal on a silverplate and chokes it away in the worst possible manner. :o :help:

No, but you are certainly a contender for stupidest poster ever.
:worship:

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:52 PM

Nah...I can think of other stupid matches (US Open Semis comes to mind...along with the AO semis and Philly semis...hmmm, seems to be a conspiracy against semi-finalists here :devil: ).

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Go Dominique, I like you but please delete this. it is mean. many players have choked many times and chanda also has many great comebacks under her belt in her career. chanda is just a drama queen just like Alyona. Also, let's admit that Alyona came on fire and started moving chanda a lot and alyona just stopped missing.

SpikeyAidanm
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:54 PM
No she is not stupid.

Put yourself in the player's shoes...

Jakub
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:56 PM

you are just pathetic with such a comment :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Hello, this isn't serious.

But I would be surpised if that is not exactly what Chanda will be thinking of herself after losing the match.

TSequoia01
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:05 PM
Every player chokes at times. Chanda just waited on Dementieva to give it to her rather than win it. Poor Chanda. :sad:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Edited due to posters taking everything too serious. :rolleyes:

Reichen
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Chanda...

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:07 PM
It can happen to anyone...so no need to call her names now.

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:08 PM
It has to be Chanda's worst choke ever. Or at least her most significant. :-( I am so sad.

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:09 PM
this was a bad one!
poor chanda!

Mad-About-Venus
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Poor Chanda....

but.. the fact is that when Elena was down on the second set, she all of a sudden starterd playing much better. Making very few errors, hitting harder and just being extremely agressive. She probably said to herself "what a heck, I'm out of here, so let's have fun", and she just started playing better.

Poor Chanda felt the pressure and got tight.

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:10 PM
She totally choked that away.

She just gave up at 6-4 5-5. She would hit a shot, and then just think it was too good, Dementieva would get it back, then Chanda would start running.

She totally gave that away, hitting UFE's like she wanted to hit them, like that was her goal.

Pathetic loss. :mad:

Filip!
Chanda was leading 5-2 and was not aggressive anymore. She was just waiting for Dementieva to make errors. She really let is slip away several times. But she 'll learn of it, next time better.

Anyway congrats to Elena, it was a very good comeback in the match!

CanadianBoy21
the tread starter is dumb!!

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
well godominique it's not that we are taking it TOO SERIOUSLY. it's that you are taking things TOO LIGHTLY when you call a player stupid and don't think about or care about how hard it is on us Chanda fans to see her choke like that. The point is that you could have been more sensitive to us. :)

But THANK YOU for changing the title and otherwise you are a cool poster. :hearts:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
It's not that bad because she was leading 5-2, it's bad because she played an opponent who was hopeless for nearly 2 sets and had no real interest in winning this.

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:16 PM
also just wanted to add

I am NOT a GO DOMINIQUE-HATER

just wanted to give my CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and it worked cuz godominique showed classiness in changing the title. i don't believe his intentions were bad. He just reacted in disbelief and haste to chanda's amazing choke, that is all. :D

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:16 PM
well godominique it's not that we are taking it TOO SERIOUSLY. it's that you are taking things TOO LIGHTLY when you call a player stupid and don't think about or care about how hard it is on us Chanda fans to see her choke like that. The point is that you could have been more sensitive to us. :)

But THANK YOU for changing the title and otherwise you are a cool poster. :hearts:
I understand. Sorry for that.

You know, for me it's different. If I see one of my favourite players (Lindsay or Anca Barna for example) choke like that, I would be the first one to call them stupid.
But only because I'm very hard on myself too when I play tennis and suck badly. ;)

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:17 PM
also just wanted to add

I am NOT a GO DOMINIQUE-HATER

just wanted to give my CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and it worked cuz godominique showed classiness in changing the title. i don't believe her intentions were bad. she just reacted in disbelief and haste to chanda's amazing choke, that is all. :D
Sigh. I'm male.

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:17 PM
in the future don't be so hard on yourself or tennis players (i will do it for you ;) that is be hard on myself and tennis player :) )

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Male, female, whatever I still like you either way. :D

I will edit for you, k!

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Male, female, whatever I still like you either way. :D

I will edit for you, k!
Thank you. ;)

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:22 PM
Thank you. ;)

you are welcome. at least you have done like that one bizarre poster who wrote I AM MALE I AM MALE like a zillion times in his sig. that is weird. :haha:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:27 PM
you are welcome. at least you have done like that one bizarre poster who wrote I AM MALE I AM MALE like a zillion times in his sig. that is weird. :haha:
Actually I have been thinking about doing that too. :eek:

Kart
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:51 AM
Actually Chanda has probably been involved in the worst choke ever, but she was the winner of that match. Tonight she can always say to herself 'at least I wasn't 5-0, 40-0 in the third set,' which is more than her opponent could do that day.

azza
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:27 AM
whats (sp?) ?

azza
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:30 AM

OI!!!! ;)

Vincent
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:26 PM
:) I am happy for both players as they gave out all their best. Don't bash Chanda.:)

Allez Joosteen
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Much ado...

maryjane
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:53 PM
I don't want to be pitiless toward rubin's fans but i'm happy to have found someone who is worse than capriati in letting the matches slip away in that way.

Bероника
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:58 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: Chanda

tennisjam
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:14 PM
:o

I didn't want to see the end of the match...

that was really an ugly way to lose...

Chanda... :o

Experimentee
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Pathetic choke from Chanda :rolleyes:
From what I heard Elena was playing terribly and had no interest in the match until Chanda let her back in.
I was just thinking before this that Chanda would get to the semis bc she isnt the choking type unlike Ai. What a way for Chanda to prove me wrong :mad:

maryjane
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:17 PM
I can understand u guys...jenny has made me used to it!

harloo
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:54 PM
OMG, Chanda choked so badly against Dementieva. I mean she could not hold serve to save her life. I could not believe it. It's not like Dementieva is a great player. She is good, but Chanda had her.

I think it will be better for Amelie to player H anyways.