PDA

View Full Version : New YEC Format

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:23 PM
I personally don't like this Red Group Black Group thing.

Because then there is a restriction as to who makes it to the final. Like I would prefer a Jenn (healthy), Nastya, Justine, and Kim semi than anything else but that is no longer possible.

What I suggest is that there should still be a Round Robin format but instead of splitting them into groups they should just pick their 3 opponents out of the hat. And whoever has the four best h2h record in the RR goes to the semi. and each player obviously only plays 3 matches.

For example, since Kim is first seed she gets to pick her three opponents first. Let's say that she chooses Chanda, Ai, and Amelie. Then Justine gets to choose as the second seed and because Kim hasn't chosen her she still gets to choose 3 opponents and she can't choose Kim anymore because Kim already has three RR matches locked up. Let's say she chooses Ai, Nastya, and Jenn. Those will be her three matches. And then Jenn goes and she can only choose 2 now because Justine has match up with her already. And if Jenn chooese Ai and Elena next then Ai doesn't get to choose anymore since she has three matches chosen for her.

I think this is better only because then the best players wouldn't get eliminated and there is a better chance of having the top going into the semis.

k, am i just talking out of my ass here?

~KKman~
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:25 PM
just talking out of your ass here.............j/k
i still like the single elimination better:)

jimbo mack
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:28 PM
i think its an ok system that people will grow to like more and more as years go by.

however, i wouldn't want to see anymore tournaments have this format. they should just keep it for the YEC

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:34 PM
I love the round robin because it guarantees that certain players HAVE to play each other. Even though the Juju and Jen match was a dud, wasn't it exciting knowing that they HAD to meet up no matter what happened??

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I think this system is to ensure that the best players go through. In the old format, if you had an off-day you was gone. In this system the best players really should go through.

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:48 PM
I think this system is to ensure that the best players go through. In the old format, if you had an off-day you was gone. In this system the best players really should go through.

"you was gone" :lol: :worship:

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:50 PM
I like the format because I've gotten to see top players play each other more. Also, we usually don't get this much chanda in a month :p

Martian Willow
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:00 PM
...the problem with the drawing opponents from a hat thing is some players would have to play more matches than others...I think the current system is the best compromise... :)

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:38 PM
I personally don't like this Red Group Black Group thing.

Because then there is a restriction as to who makes it to the final. Like I would prefer a Jenn (healthy), Nastya, Justine, and Kim semi than anything else but that is no longer possible.

What I suggest is that there should still be a Round Robin format but instead of splitting them into groups they should just pick their 3 opponents out of the hat. And whoever has the four best h2h record in the RR goes to the semi. and each player obviously only plays 3 matches.

For example, since Kim is first seed she gets to pick her three opponents first. Let's say that she chooses Chanda, Ai, and Amelie. Then Justine gets to choose as the second seed and because Kim hasn't chosen her she still gets to choose 3 opponents and she can't choose Kim anymore because Kim already has three RR matches locked up. Let's say she chooses Ai, Nastya, and Jenn. Those will be her three matches. And then Jenn goes and she can only choose 2 now because Justine has match up with her already. And if Jenn chooese Ai and Elena next then Ai doesn't get to choose anymore since she has three matches chosen for her.

I think this is better only because then the best players wouldn't get eliminated and there is a better chance of having the top going into the semis.

k, am i just talking out of my ass here?

:topic:
isn't this exactly what Roddick did ??? :zzz: :o :rolleyes: