PDA

View Full Version : For All Of You Who Complained Last Year About The Williams Sisters

CJ07
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:14 PM
I Tottally Understand

I am getting so tired of these two Belgians.
I dont have anything against them, but its getting annoying seeing the same two people win everything week in and week out.

It was different for V and Rena because they're my favorites, but I really get what you all were saying.

Just wanted to put that out there. Am I the only one?

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:18 PM
I Tottally Understand

I am getting so tired of these two Belgians.
I dont have anything against them, but its getting annoying seeing the same two people win everything week in and week out.

It was different for V and Rena because they're my favorites, but I really get what you all were saying.

Just wanted to put that out there. Am I the only one?

Not really the same thing because the injury of the WS contributed to the Belgians winning everything.

jimbo mack
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:24 PM
alot of people i knew were bored of the hingis and davenport domination at the beginning of 2000.

Julian
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:33 PM
I for one loved the 2000 season! lol

But personally I would like to see the Belgians, Williams Sisters, Lindsay, Jennifer, Amelie, the Russians, and Veterans such as Sugiyama, Chanda, Monica, Conchita, and the reasurgance of Daniela Hantuchova and Jelena Dokic all playing their best..then we would have a tour!! :)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:39 PM
But thatīs the way itīs gonna be....the tour right now is Williams 2x, after that the Belgians and after that the rest...nothing you can do about it.

SerialKiller#69
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Thank God there's ATP. :angel:

SerialKiller#69
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:49 PM
I love the 2000 season too.

tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean. We never cared before because we liked seeing Venus, Serena win. But now...it's boring.

I personally thought the 1999-2000-2001 seasons of tennis were very good.

cool bird
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:59 PM
I have to say i do agree. But I do think 2003 has been a crap year for the wta. but 2004 will be a great year. Williams sisters Kim Justine all the russians dokic comeing back in to good form. should be a great year for women tennis next year

V&SGotItGoingOn
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:56 PM
I really liked it when you didn't who was going to be in the finals of grandslams, and who was going to win it! The 2001, US Open, was great, I really thought that five players had a good chance of making it to the finals, Williams sisters, Davenport, Capriati, and Hingis, and the Belgians and Mauresmo could pull of some upsets.

Now, you pretty much know that Serena will probably win, or maybe Justine, and then outside chances to Venus and Kim. I agree though, with cool bird, next year should be good, with the Williams, Belgians and Russians all in the mix. I definitely think a Russian will make it to a final of a grandslam next year (of course just saying a Russian leaves it open to a lot of possibilities lol), hopefully Davenport can get it together with this injuries, and play good next year too!

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:37 PM
I'm actually starting to get bored with all the all-Belgian finals, much as I like Juju and Kim. It's boring whenever one or two players dominate. I reckon I'd even get bored eventually if Momo and Dani took over. I'm glad that some people are starting to understand why people like me were not cheering for Venus and Serena when they were dominating.

I'll keep cheering for the Belgians, especially Juju, for now though coz I think this is only a blip in the Williams' dominance. They'll probably be back stronger than ever next year (so cheer up, Williams fans).

Rothes
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Not really the same thing because the injury of the WS contributed to the Belgians winning everything.

Bingo Knizzle :o

1jackson2001
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:39 PM
I'm actually getting used to seeing Kim and Justine more and more. But that's just me.

SJW
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:46 PM
i wouldn't say i'm getting bored, it's just that womens tennis is so damn predictable. i'm missing the sisters so much though, i think it's that, rather than me being bored of the Belgians.

but i think you can only enjoy tennis if you want to. so yea i enjoyed it last year cuz my faves were winning everything in sight.

DemWilliamsGulls
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:28 AM
To be honest, i really dont watch a lot of tennis since the girls are taking a break..unless i know that Capriati, Seles or davenport will be playing...to possibly stop and all belgium final. I always hope that any american can do it, but they have yet to. Capriati was about the only one....because the U.S. Open had her name all on it. I'm awaiting for Venus and Serena to come on back....and bring the belgiums back down to earth....to let folks know that #3 and #7 dont mean anything. When they were on the tour everybody was like "I dont want to see a all willilams final again" and now that nobody can take the belguims out, everybody is anticipating their return....Its like damn if they do, damn if they dont. I peronally think that tennis has been hella dry since they've been gone...hurry back Venus and Serena ASAP!!!!!

Bright Red
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:59 AM
To each his own, but I frankly don't see the similarities between the Belgian domination and the Williams domination. Without taking away from the Belgians, one can not overlook the fact that (as someone else mentioned) the Williams are absent.

I suppose that if I didn't have confidence that the Williams could rise to the top of the field against the Belgians (or anyone for that matter), I might get bored or complain about others' domination. But as a Williams fan, I truly believe it's just a matter of time before the Williams are back on top (notice how my signature hasn't changed).

fammmmedspin
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Belgian-Belgian finals have considerable merits - there is no certainty about the winner, no family concerns interfering with the player[s emotions and both of the Belgians are still improving their games which means the situation between them is in a state of flux.
The rest of the tour is also improving fast as a quick look at the top 40 rankings and a few recent tapes of Myskina, Dementieva, Mauresmo, Sugiyama, Rubin or even Dokic on a good day would reveal.

CanadianBoy21
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:19 AM
well, I never watched less than then I did this year.
I watched the AO, The Open Gaze de France, The Nasdaq, some of the clay tournies, The French Open, Wimbledon Semis and Finals. ------- no summer hardcourt tournies ------- No Us Open until the very end ----- & That was it. Not only has it decreased in watching, but in me playing as well. I used to play a lot of tennis, now, I haven't hit for sooooooooooooooooooooo long.
That's why I want the Williams sisters to come back.
Nothing personal with the Belgians, but for ME, it is boring, while for some it might be interesting.

"It’s been too long and I’m lost without you
So what am I gonna do, said I’ve been needin’ you,
wantin’ you
Wonderin’ if you’re the same and who’s been with you
Is your heart still mine, I wanna cry sometimes

I miss you

I can’t (I) wait no (No more) more (No)
Since you went away
I don’t really feel like talkin’ (No)
No one here to love me(No, no)
Baby do you understand me
I can’t do but be without you"