PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate test: Chanda Rubin (USA) vs. Elena Dementieva (RUS): Who will wn?

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Today Chanda and Elena will face off. If Chanda wins today she advances to the Semi-Finals. If Elena wins today Amelie advances to the Semi-Final. The presssure is on. Anyway I want to know what the popular opinion.

Who will win?

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:22 PM
I'll start.

I think Chanda will take this. I dunno if it will be in 2 or 3 sets, but with her play is anywhere near as good as it has been, then she should be able to win.

lizchris
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Chanda will win, but she'd better do it in straight sets.

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I hope Elena can pull it off, so amelie can advacne but chanda has been playing really well this week :(

j_dementieva27
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:55 PM
im so glad that this match will be on espn live... im gunna be rooting for my girl alyona soooo hardcore.. but im not sure if she will be able to puill this one out

ghosts
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Dementieva 6-4 7-6 i think ;)

DEETHELICK
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Chanda goes in as the favourite, as she has played really well these champs. But Elena is at her best as an underdog.

I think this match is deceptively close as there are too many factors, but I hope Elena wins in two!! :)

xcrtbckhnd
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:18 PM
I hope Chanda wins, but Elena can really take chances in this match. She nothing to lose but her pride.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Chanda goes in as the favourite, as she has played really well these champs. But Elena is at her best as an underdog.

I think this match is deceptively close as there are too many factors, but I hope Elena wins in two!! :)

You can't say that Elena wasn't the underdog against Amelie and Kim. Because apparently this 'underdog factor' isn't enough to win more than 5 games.

Mathijs
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Elena i hope :)

DEETHELICK
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:00 PM
What I meant is at this point, no-one expects Elena to win.

When she came into this tournament, she was well rested, and I believed she had a chance against all of the other players.

After two losses, it doesn't look good, so now in my eyes, Elena actually is the underdog.

This match really could go either way, and I think it will be fascinating to watch. If Elena wins the 1st set, I expect her to take the match.

SerialKiller#69
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
My intuition says Elena.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
What I meant is at this point, no-one expects Elena to win.

When she came into this tournament, she was well rested, and I believed she had a chance against all of the other players.

After two losses, it doesn't look good, so now in my eyes, Elena actually is the underdog.

This match really could go either way, and I think it will be fascinating to watch. If Elena wins the 1st set, I expect her to take the match.

We'll just have to wait and see. ;)

moo_ont
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Elena has nothing to lose against Chanda, and she has less pressure. On the other hand, she may have less inspiration to win than Chanda has. With Chanda's form recently, she will definitely be the favourite in this match.

Harju.
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:06 PM
I like Chanda. I think she can win if she play like what she did all week.

I do think Elena will fight out since this is her last match, her last match to get points, she has nothing to lose, she beat Chanda before (Iknow this reason is lame but it has advantage). She can't get to semifinal, but she still can get that third place. She will fight for it, I guess, BUT she can also give up and tank this match cause this match won't affect her place in semifinal.

I want to see Momo to get into semifinal, so go Elena :tape: Sorry Chanda :sad: but if Chanda wins, I'd be happy too.

LeonHart
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Lena will whip Chanda like she did in those 2 finals.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:17 PM
Well I guess we'll just have to see what happens....

The match will start in about 45 minutes

KV
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Hope Elena wins, so Amélie can go to the semis. IMO, Amélie deserves it more throughout the season.

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Well Elena fought back from 4-6 2-5 down and won 4-6 7-5 6-1.

Amazing effort and performance from Elena. Chanda simply couldn't cope when Elena actually started playing tennis.

moo_ont
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:34 AM
DEETHELICK: today is your good day. Both of your favs wins :)

DEETHELICK
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:49 AM
It sure is moo_ont! :D

I hope Jen does well tomorrow and that Russia win Fed Cup, it'd be a perfect end to the year!

Bright Red
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Hats off to Dementieva. She took full advantage of not having anything to lose. Silly me for having counted her out of the match today.

This must be a really tough loss for Chanda. So close.

Bероника
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:03 PM
damn stupid demented

moo_ont
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:37 PM
The match is unbelieveable for me. Eight games in a row....great stuff, Elena. If she had played like she did in the 2nd and 3rd set yesterday, she could have done much better in her first 2 matches.