PDA

View Full Version : The Forehand

Jen'sFan
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Probably been done before but just wondering who u guys think has the best forehand in the game?

matija-seles
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:06 PM
I would be Jenny for one-handed, and Monica for two-handed!

SM
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:24 PM
lindsays fh is the best fh on tour when it is on, but id put jens fh above it cos it doesnt seem to break down much or badly..

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Someone forgot about Serena.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Chanda: If its on, its on.

Serena: What else is new? Everything is perfect about her game.

Jennifer: Big babe tennis.

Lindsay: Like Jennifer, big babe tennis.

Dokic: If its working.

vogus
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Davenport's forehand is only good when she's standing still. Same with Rubin and Dokic.

Best forehands in the game are Serena, Henin, Clisters, Cappy, Schnyder, Shaughnessy, Dementieva. Loit has a pretty good one as well for a lower-ranked player.

Worst forehand of the top players - Venus by a mile.

Berlin_Calling
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Mary Pierce has the killer forehand :D

DEETHELICK
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Jennifer, Elena and Serena in the Top 10.

Lindsay's BH is better IMO and Chanda's is big too, just not as big as the above three.

mandy7
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:18 PM
KIM Clijsters!!!!

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:25 PM
KIM Clijsters!!!!

good, but ain´t better than Serena´s.

mandy7
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:51 PM
yes it is

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:59 PM
yes it is

Think so?! You should get a tape of their match at Miami this year. The forehand rallies were a non-contest won by Serena.

mandy7
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:03 PM
no they weren't

:p

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM
1. Jenn
2. Serena
3. Kim
4. Chanda
5. Justine

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:09 PM
Worst forehand of the top players - Venus by a mile.

Sure outdoes alot of the top ten in forehand battles though. Technique may not be perfect, but it's great as long as it goes over the net.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:21 PM
no they weren't

:p

You win girlie....although I´m sure you know the real deal.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:23 PM

Some people can't face facts. Jenn's forehand was only good for about 3 weeks this year from New Haven through the US Open.

slydevil6142
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Sure outdoes alot of the top ten in forehand battles though. Technique may not be perfect, but it's great as long as it goes over the net.

Oh so true... must hurt the other players that such a weaker wing can produce more winners than their strong side.

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:27 PM
Some people can't face facts. Jenn's forehand was only good for about 3 weeks this year from New Haven through the US Open.

I think they mean overall, not just this year. ;)

As for me, there is nothing better than Serena's forehand at her best.

1. Serena Williams
2. Jennifer Capriati
3. Lindsay Davenport
4. Venus Williams
5. Justine Henin-Hardenne
6. Kim Clijsters

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I think they mean overall, not just this year. ;)

As for me, there is nothing better than Serena's forehand at her best.

1. Serena Williams
2. Jennifer Capriati
3. Lindsay Davenport
4. Venus Williams
5. Justine Henin-Hardenne
6. Kim Clijsters

If someone's shot is not effective right NOW, then what is the point?? We should add Graf to the list at #1 then.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Right now the best forehand is Serena´s. When she is on, it is UNSTOPPABLE and UNDEFENDABLE.

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:44 PM
If someone's shot is not effective right NOW, then what is the point?? We should add Graf to the list at #1 then.

When someone refers to the BEST, they don't refer to the present. What would be the point of asking whose forehand was at her best this year?? Nobody thinks of particular years to define who had the best this, or the best that.

It's done career-wise.

Who has the greatest groundstrokes? Well, many would label Seles, but, losing to the likes of Koukalova this year and Krasnoroutskaya, players she herself should be killing. It still doesn't take away from the fact that she still has one of the best groundstrokes in the game.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:46 PM
When someone refers to the BEST, they don't refer to the present. What would be the point of asking whose forehand was at her best this year?? Nobody thinks of particular years to define who had the best this, or the best that.

It's done career-wise.

Who has the greatest groundstrokes? Well, many would label Seles, but, losing to the likes of Koukalova this year and Krasnoroutskaya, players she herself should be killing. It still doesn't take away from the fact that she still has one of the best groundstrokes in the game.

IN that case Serena's forehand didn't become a very consistent shot until somewhere in 2002.

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:55 PM
IN that case Serena's forehand didn't become a very consistent shot until somewhere in 2002.

Your point is invalid as we could say that about anyone.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Your point is invalid as we could say that about anyone.

Which is why we should judge on the state of the shot in recent times.

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Which is why we should judge on the state of the shot in recent times.

Then I guess we can take Navratilova out of the group for having one of the best serves in the history of the sport. Do you see the powderpuff serve?? :eek:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:03 PM
Then I guess we can take Navratilova out of the group for having one of the best serves in the history of the sport. Do you see the powderpuff serve?? :eek:

I don't think the thread was about inactive singles players. In that case Graf's forehand would have been #1.

jenny161185
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM
jennifer serena and Lindsay

mandy7
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:08 PM

thanx man... i'm glad you finaly see Kim is better :D

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:10 PM
1. Jenn
2. Serena
3. Kim
4. Chanda
5. Justine

Justine who??

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:13 PM
thanx man... i'm glad you finaly see Kim is better :D

Better than Dani too?! I´m confused now...

Venus Forever
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:21 PM
I don't think the thread was about inactive singles players. In that case Graf's forehand would have been #1.

Isn't the same serve used in doubles used in singles too?? :confused:

My point being, when the "BEST..." threads come up, no one is talking about the present year. They want to know, or suggest, whose forehand they would pick at their peak. It's not about the year, but about having the best forehand, etc. in the game, and in the present game (meaning present players.)

esquímaux
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:29 PM
Meghann Shaughnessy, Tina Pisnik, Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian, and all the other girls with severe western grips! :p

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Isn't the same serve used in doubles used in singles too?? :confused:

My point being, when the "BEST..." threads come up, no one is talking about the present year. They want to know, or suggest, whose forehand they would pick at their peak. It's not about the year, but about having the best forehand, etc. in the game, and in the present game (meaning present players.)

So it's active players at their peak. Gotcha!!
:yeah: