PDA

View Full Version : Pierre-Yves is sick of tennis

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Pierre-Yves sick of tennis

http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2003/november/pierreyves2.jpg

Pierre-Yves Hardenne, Justine's spouse, speaks out in 'Het Laatste Nieuws', a belgian newspaper, with some hard sentences. He tells he is sick of travelling around the world like a servant.

"I completely understand that Justine has stress and that she needs someone to vent on, but it isn't all that obviously. I always have to laugh, I always have to receive the knocks, but what do I gain with it?" said Pierre-Yves, who is obviously fatigued after the heavy season.

"For 35 weeks long I've been dragging myself from tournament to tournament, and that starts to weigh on me. I haven't been off Justine's side since Roland Garros and I wonder if anyone would have notice the difference. Nobody sees me standing. There's no way I'll be travelling for 35 weeks again next year. I'm staying at home."

According to Pierre-Yves more and more tension is growing between him and his wife. "I have to admit that I sometimes quietly hope that her tenniscareer will be over very soon, but then again I hope it'll last for long time so we can keep on enjoying the luck that we receive."

A storm in a glass of water? Fact is that there will be a thorough word in the houshold of Henin-Hardenne very soon

Willem Bruyndonx (www.sport.be)

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Pierre-Yves is tenniscircuit kotsbeu

Pierre-Yves Hardenne, de echtgenoot van Justine, laat zich in Het Laatste Nieuws opmerken door enkele boude uitspraken. Hij is het naar eigen zeggen beu om als knechtje de halve wereld rond te reizen.

'Ik begrijp dat Justine stress heeft en dat ze iemand nodig heeft om zich op af te reageren, maar het is niet evident. Ik moet altijd lachen, ik moet altijd incasseren, maar wat zit er in voor mij?', aldus Pierre-Yves, die duidelijk uitgeput is na het zware seizoen.

'35 weken lang heb ik het circuit mee afgedweild. En dat begint door te wegen. Sinds Roland Garros ben ik niet van Justines zijde geweken. Maar ik vraag me af of iemand het verschil zou hebben gemerkt. Niemand ziet me staan. Geen sprake van dat ik volgend jaar weer 35 weken de hort op ga. Ik blijf thuis.'

Volgens Pierre-Yves groeit er meer en meer spanning tussen hem en zijn echtgenote. 'Ik geef toe dat er momenten zijn dat ik stilletjes hoop dat het snel gedaan is met die tenniscarrière. Maar op ander momenten hoop ik dat het nog lang duurt, dat we nog lang kunnen profiteren van het geluk dat ons te beurt valt.'

Een storm in een glas water? Vast staat dat er een duchtig woordje zal gesproken worden in het huishouden Henin-Hardenne.

Willem Bruyndonx (www.sport.be)

E. Blackadder
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:44 AM
I guess this is just another blown up fact by the Belgian media :o

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:45 AM
I bet he isn't sick of those 1 million dollar checks Juju is bringing home. I know I wouldn't be. Know your role Pierre Yves!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hagar
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:46 AM
I read this as well and I am really afraid that Justine's marriage is in danger. I would absolutely not appreciate it that my hubby says these things to the press.
I mean: there have been times that they showed Pierre-Yves yawning during an important match of Justine. How much more indifferent can you be? I don't see Lleyton doing it (he wouldn't dare even if he wanted to because Kim would give him a killer hug that makes his eyes pop out).

Hagar
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Anyway, what kind of marriage and life is this? He always has to run behind her, everything is about Justine. Not really a life you want as a 25-year old.
It's not very balanced IMHO.
Kim and Lleyton have the advantage that they are active in the same business.

Knizzle
I read this as well and I am really afraid that Justine's marriage is in danger. I would absolutely not appreciate it that my hubby says these things to the press.
I mean: there have been times that they showed Pierre-Yves yawning during an important match of Justine. How much more indifferent can you be? I don't see Lleyton doing it (he wouldn't dare even if he wanted to because Kim would give him a killer hug that makes his eyes pop out).

I thought he was a tennis instructor or something in Belgium. If he has a career to pursue, then he should stay home. It seems like the norm in Belgium tennis to make statements to the press instead of keeping them personal.

~ The Leopard ~
What did he expect?

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Yves is just faking his feelings at the moment.:haha:

Jenn would be astonished at his recovery in case Justine gets the 1 million prize. :tape:

azza
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:18 AM
:lol:

bis2806
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:24 AM
I bet Pierre-Yves is gay!!! divorce henin please!

slice
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:25 AM
i new he just married her 4 her money! :haha:

Hots4Safin
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:35 AM
whatever, he looks 12 and she looks like a little bot with oral herpes. They're both gross.

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:36 AM
I would certainly be available for Justine if she dumps Yves.:devil:

justine&coria
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:40 AM
Anyway, what kind of marriage and life is this? He always has to run behind her, everything is about Justine. Not really a life you want as a 25-year old.
It's not very balanced IMHO.
Kim and Lleyton have the advantage that they are active in the same business.

Sorry, but for the moment, Lleyton is almost a Pierre-Yves for CLijsters. He fell to 16th rank, didn't he ? Why ?
Anyway, I can understand his reaction : but why is he travelling so much with Justine ? especially if he doesn't like traveling !

nygirl
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:41 AM
i new he just married her 4 her money! :haha:

If he had married her for the money he would be wishing her tenniscareer doesn't end anytime soon.

And I have my doubts about this article. I only last week read a long interview with him. He said they're very happy. In the beginning he was bored with the travelling but that wasn't the case anymore. He said he had a lot of friends on the Tour and he does a lot of work for Justine when they're on the road (he's also her manager).

:rolleyes: at the Belgian media. I get the impression they dug up some interview from long ago and rewrote it.

switz
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:42 AM
I bet Pierre-Yves is gay!!! divorce henin please!

yes, anyone you find attractive must be gay.

Juju #1
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Another bs from flemish media...

Frongie
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:44 AM
Where's the complaint about Justine's b**bs, looks like he will buy bottle milk instead of natural ones...

WtaTour4Ever
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:40 AM
wow, i thought this had to be fake!!!! That said, I really can't believe he said this. I hope Justine has a pre-nup!!

Nemesis
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:50 AM
This article was only in "Het Laatste Nieuws". According to me, that's the most paper with the least quality in Flanders ... So don't believe what you read. In the "Humo" (a quality magazine) of last week there was a large article with Pierre Yves and there he was still very positive about their relationship and his place in the circuit. And this was real, since there were pictures with him & Justine in it.

I think this is blown out of proportion/made up by the newspaper.

ans
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:52 AM
It's also on Belgian teletext.

Nemesis
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:56 AM
It's also on Belgian teletext.
And teletext got it from "Het Laatste Nieuws". BTW VRT Teletext is very anti-Justine. They will pick everything out of the papers that says something negative about Ju to make it more known in the whole country.

Elke
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:56 AM
So, when something about Kim appears, people jump on her and her entourage. But if something about JHH or PY is written, it's crap!? :scratch:

Make up your mind and think about it before reacting next time!

IT'S BOTH CRAP!

~|Naomi|~
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:59 AM
So, when something about Kim appears, people jump on her and her entourage. But if something about JHH or PY is written, it's crap!? :scratch:

IT'S BOTH CRAP!

:worship:

Sorry, but for the moment, Lleyton is almost a Pierre-Yves for CLijsters. He fell to 16th rank, didn't he ? Why ?

Clearly showing you no nothing about what you are writing. Lleyton dropped to 18 cause he didn't qualify for the masters or defend his finalist points in paris. He is in Australia, Kim is in LA. Last time they were together was Davis cup semis, where Kim was screaming her lungs out in support of Ll. So there you go yes lleyton follows Kim around and couldn't care less of his career :rolleyes:

Nemesis
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:59 AM

IT'S BOTH CRAP!
The Kim thing was in "De Morgen". That's one of the quality newspapers in Flanders. If someone would believe every gosip in HLN, then he would be very naieve.

Elke
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:11 AM
The Kim thing was in "De Morgen". That's one of the quality newspapers in Flanders. If someone would believe every gosip in HLN, then he would be very naieve.
A Quality paper? That was ages ago, it's sinking to the bottom of the ocean, just like all papers.
That would of course depend on your political party, it's a very blue paper and it's been a very long time I've read an objective article about Kim in ANY Belgian newspaper.

Nemesis
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:22 AM
A Quality paper? That was ages ago, it's sinking to the bottom of the ocean, just like all papers.
That would of course depend on your political party, it's a very blue paper and it's been a very long time I've read an objective article about Kim in ANY Belgian newspaper.
I still think that De Morgen has more quality than Het Laatste Nieuws :eek: You might hink the quality sank because of the columninst that criticised Kim. It was harsh. But Justine has to go through this already much much more. They even attacked her on a press conference in Antwerp this year. That's worse than the one bad column about Kim. De Morgen and De Standaard are the only ones that dare to criticise Kim (that's one thing I noticed for a long time). And Lei punishes them for it :rolleyes: If Carlos & Justine would do that, they wouldn't be giving interviews to any Flemish newspaperst the whole year.

BTW - I am a red one in heart and soul :p

Josh
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:23 AM
De Morgen is not blue! :tape: HLN is blue.

pigam
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:24 AM
BTW - I am a red one in heart and soul :p
Oef! :o ;) :D

Elke
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:28 AM
I'm a red one too!:p

But it doesn't have anything to do with that column about Kim and Lei, cos there were some truths in it (not a lot, just one or two;)).
And HLN, indeed :tape:

But I already learned to read selective, it's een aanrader!:yeah:

Elke
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:30 AM
De Morgen is not blue! :tape: HLN is blue.
pff, I don't know, and I don't care.
I just wanted to point out the influences, but I'm glad it's not red!:p

Aussie_Kim
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Anyway, I can understand his reaction : but why is he travelling so much with Justine ? especially if he doesn't like traveling !

I agree with what 'Kim and Lleyton Rule' said about this. Lleyton is nothing like Pierre-Yves!! For a start 16 is NOT a bad rank (although well under Lleytons potential.)
And if you didn't know Lleyton is busy training on grass courts in Australia for the Davis Cup Final. He is taking it very seriously, it was one of his goals for the year to do well in Davis Cup. Well I say goodluck to Lleyton and all the Aussies.

Perhaps Pierres needs to find something to work towards in his life. He has no job, doesn't need to support his 'family' and probably doesn't even do simple chores like cleaning, cooking etc. So I guess he feels a bit useless. You need something to look forward to in life, goals- something that you need to really work for. It is probably fun for a while to just follow Justine around ( and Im sure he does want her to do well) but you would get restless with doing nothing yourself.

*liana*
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:36 PM

IT'S BOTH CRAP!

:worship: ditto!!

kim4eva
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:39 PM
That's sad. Do you think Justine would be happy if she heard her husband hates what she loves doing most? And I was wondering...if her husband really loves her, why would he care being her servant as long as they get to see each other?(you know, I think Lleyton wouldn't care being Kim's servant if he doesn't have a job ;) ) If he says he'd rather stay home...does it mean not seeing her as often and he'll be happy?
I hate to say it but I think there's something wierd going on with their relationship. :sad:

Come-on-kim
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Actually on La Dernière Heure he said more stuff ;)

He said "I know she tells everybody how I'm good for her, but when I don't bring her a bottle of water in time, I doubt it" :tape:

nubienne954
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:00 PM
If I remember straight, Justine's family was very much against her relationship with this shyt and she chose him over her family, to the point of some of them not being invited to the wedding. If the twink is now showing his true colors its because he can now take the money and run back to whatever hole he slithered out of.

I'm not a Justine fan by any stretch of the imagination but sometimes the tabs print stuff that does turn out to be true. If he is not supportive of her and her career, she doesn't need him in her life.

Sounds like he was having a hissy fit.

Lindsayfan
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:16 PM
i think it's a normal reaction.everybody at his place would be sick too.I dont see why he needs to travel with her all the weeks...he should have his own life to lead.it's a little bit "insane" that a man doesnt have a job and is supported by his wife.he should turn into a Jon Leach who has his job,and just sometimes travels around the world with Lindsay.

spudrsca
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:18 PM
If I remember straight, Justine's family was very much against her relationship with this shyt and she chose him over her family, to the point of some of them not being invited to the wedding. If the twink is now showing his true colors its because he can now take the money and run back to whatever hole he slithered out of.

I'm not a Justine fan by any stretch of the imagination but sometimes the tabs print stuff that does turn out to be true. If he is not supportive of her and her career, she doesn't need him in her life.

I think he's stupid to say things like this, Justine will play tennis perhaps 10 years, he will still have plenty of times after to do what he likes.
I live in the same Village of Pierre-Yves, 200 metres of his house, I used to play football with him and some friends when we were young. I don't think he's in love with Justine if she wasn't famous and rich, I doubt he would still be with her :(
What amazes me the most, it's when he says he wants to have some projects on his own and do some car racing.
He could do this with the money that Justine earns.
For that I don't think he will complain she's a tennis player.

saki
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:26 PM
I don't think this interview is genuine, but this thread reeks of double standards in any case. Why is it ok for husbands to have their wives follow them around but not vice versa?

minboy
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Actually on La Dernière Heure he said more stuff ;)

He said "I know she tells everybody how I'm good for her, but when I don't bring her a bottle of water in time, I doubt it" :tape:

actually La dernière vheure is a tabloid-like paper!!

Pierre-yves just said that he would like to to do things by himself, which is pretty normal. BUt La Derniere Heure 's headline is " Enough of this life". Huge gap between his words and the title!

YOu guys shoulkd really learn to be critic towards the press!!!!

Nicky2002
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM

You might be right. I like what you have written.

Princess Fiona
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Maybe the article has been blown out of proportion... I know that I have days and I'm really sick of things and I just want to hide away and draw the curtains (okay, I'm not married to an amazingly successful and talented sportsperson :o ;) ). I think it's very unfortunate that Justine and fellow famous people are going to be seized upon by the media in this way. I'm not excusing what P-Y said, if he did say those things, but he has been travelling all around the world for a long time and it does have the effect (affect? Apologies!!) mentally - it is a long season with pressure!! I imagine he can't wait for the season to be over so he can be at home with Justine... :)

Experimentee
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:41 PM
If hes sick of tennis he should just stop following Justine around! No one is forcing him to. Doesnt he have his own career he can concentrate on?
I dont see many other player's bf/husbands following them around to matches.

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:47 PM
I thought this was a joke at first. Even I who cant stand justine must come to her defense because this man is a dog. How dare he saythings like that to the media???? He should have discussed this with his wife and his wife only. That shallow hollow little man. His wife was a tennis player long before he married her and he should have known her life would continue as a tennis player.

Fine if its not the life he wants then they have serious issues to discuss: either she will retire early to save their marriage, he will shut up and adapt, or they will divorce.

He should not have ran to the media like a backstabbing piece of filth. DUMP his mooching ass!

jd
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:08 PM
ok, who even believes it's a true marriage in the first place?

MisterQ
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Shut up, Pierre-Yves, and do the dishes!

Hagar
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:36 PM

Lleyton a Pierre-Yves for Kim. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That guy has TWO Grand Slams under his belt, was ranked number 1 for a year and something, won the Masters twice in a row!!!
Even if Lleyton does from now not do anything more with his life than watching Kim's matches, he will have achieved a lot more than PY and his relationship with Kim will be 1000x more balanced than the relationship of Justine and Pierre-Yves when it comes to status and money.
Not that Pierre-Yves can do anything about it; he's just an average bloke. But imagine if you have to ask your wife for money all the time. That's not much fun I think.

per4ever
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Not that Pierre-Yves can do anything about it; he's just an average bloke. But imagine if you have to ask your wife for money all the time. That's not much fun I think.
I don't know in what time you live in, but when you're married you normally share everything you have. Justine's money is also Pierre-Yves' money and I doubt he'll have to ask Justine to get some :rolleyes:

Come-on-kim
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:40 PM
actually La dernière vheure is a tabloid-like paper!!

Pierre-yves just said that he would like to to do things by himself, which is pretty normal. BUt La Derniere Heure 's headline is " Enough of this life". Huge gap between his words and the title!

YOu guys shoulkd really learn to be critic towards the press!!!!
I know, it's a tabloïd and he said "enought of this life" but they just took it out of context to make it more shocking and to sale papers ;)

BTW, I'm critic with newspapers and stuffs, I have a course at uni which is "Historical Critic applied to medias" by Anne Morelli :worship:

andre_janis
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Huh! The Belgian paper is begging for your attention!!!

C'mon get a life!

Hagar
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I don't know in what time you live in, but when you're married you normally share everything you have. Justine's money is also Pierre-Yves' money and I doubt he'll have to ask Justine to get some :rolleyes:

Well, unlike you, I live in 2003, a time in which people with brains put on paper what they possess because they know when a divorce happens that they might lose everything.
Just wait until you marry a woman who runs away with all your stuff after a couple of years.

per4ever
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:48 PM
that means you have lots of confidence in your relationship and you definitly trust eachother *cough*

a tip: don't get married if you even consider such case

minboy
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:48 PM
He should not have ran to the media like a backstabbing piece of filth. !

You guys should really stop to think that the players, ..."run to th media" like you said!! THat is just not how it happens. I'm pretty sure the players doesn't give a damn about the media!!! It is the media which are always "on" the players, asking them this or that, all day long.
When you read that a player said something, it's always because 1. he/she was asked a question 2. a microphone was on. THat is just how it happens!!! Do youreally think that the players sometimes phone the média to say " look, i have something to tell you"? HELL NO!!! It s the media who are licking players' ass to have something to write about.
THey know how to make you say things you don't wanna say in the first place, coz that's their job!!!!

minboy
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:50 PM
BTW, I'm critic with newspapers and stuffs, I have a course at uni which is "Historical Critic applied to medias" by Anne Morelli :worship:

hey, that's my former teacher!!!

Nikola
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:51 PM
:confused:

Come-on-kim
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:57 PM
hey, that's my former teacher!!!
Oh yeah, you had here too ;) Isn't she fantastic? I love that class!! :bounce: She's so funny :lol:

Hagar
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:06 PM
that means you have lots of confidence in your relationship and you definitly trust eachother *cough*

a tip: don't get married if you even consider such case

This has nothing to do with trust. It's not because you love someone that you should allow her/him to ruin you.

ToeTag
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:14 PM
:rolleyes: These two got married WAAAAY too young!!What was the rush to the alter.

vogus
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:16 PM
Some of the Flemish press clearly has it in for Justine - i wouldn't be surprised if this story was planted by Leo Clisters...

Elke
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Some of the Flemish press clearly has it in for Justine - i wouldn't be surprised if this story was planted by Leo Clisters...
This one is wayyyyyyyyyy too funny....:lol::haha:

You can not be serious?? :tape:

vogus
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:27 PM
ok, you caught me, i was just joking around with that one :angel:

nubienne954
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Every modern day RICH and SUCCESSFUL athlete with an ounce of sense signs a pre-nup. I'm sure he gets an allowance and that it's generous. I heard a rumor that Kobe didn't have one with his wife and it just proves what head he usually thinks with.

As for Pierre-Yves, he should pick up his stilettos and go home.

saki
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:30 PM
I repeat, what's with the double standards here? If this were a male tennis player no-one would be saying that his wife was somehow less of a woman for following her husband around on tour.

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Who said Pierre-Yves was less of a man for following Henin around the world?

Pierre-yves said it by giving that bloody interview/quotes otherwise he wouldn't have said those things to the media. Face it hes bitter.

apoet29
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Is this story even the real deal? I think his support is one of the reasons that Justine has had such a great year, so it is surprising to read that he seems embittered by his wife's success. It has to be hard to live in someone's shadow and be considered the one in the relationship who has assumed the "wife" role, but he knew that would happen when he married her.

Personally, I hope that this is just another tabloid story.

vs1
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:52 PM
I'm no big JHH fan, but really!! Can this guy shut up please?! She's working hard bringing home the money (and LOTS of it) and he goes blab like this to the public!! Hey dude, stand by your woman!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Justine's Own Husband is a Hater! Thats a riot.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:54 PM
I'm no big JHH fan, but really!! Can this guy shut up please?! She's working hard bringing home the money (and LOTS of it) and he goes blab like this to the public!! Hey dude, stand by your woman!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Exactly how I feel. I'd be somewhere on a shopping spree right now, buying myself a new car with Justine's money and travelling the world.

Cybelle Darkholme
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Exactly how I feel. I'd be somewhere on a shopping spree right now, buying myself a new car with Justine's money and travelling the world.

Yes and all he has to do is bring her her freaking bottle of water on time and he's got a problem with that. Whatever. Dump is gay ass justine you can find a new beard thats not so bitchy!

justine&coria
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Justine's Own Husband is a Hater! Thats a riot.

LOL.

Besides, I agree with you guys saying that he shouldn't have told it to the press.
On another forum, I read an interview of Pierre-Yves' father, saying that Pierre-Yves is getting a bit annoyed of only following Justine!

TennisHack
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM

Because of his childish feud with the ATP. After the debacle in Cincinnati 2002, he said that he was only going to concentrate on the major tournaments and played much less at the beginning of the year than he usually does. Basically, he was making his stand by not playing ATP events (how mature :rolleyes: )

After the US Open, he said he was not going to play again until Davis Cup because he wanted to win the Davis Cup for his country. As far as I know, he is still in Australia and he hasn't seen Kim since the last DC match.

They both have their own lives to lead, you know. Being a spouse on the tour must be difficult, because you practically give up your identity for your SO.

gentenaire
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:35 PM
There's a reason why I never read Het Laatste Nieuws. You can compare it to the Sun in GB, it's almost a tabloid. You have to take the articles in there with a grain of salt.

And De Morgen is the definitely not blue!! De Morgen has always been red!

*JR*
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Pierre-yves just said that he would like to to do things by himself, which is pretty normal. But La Derniere Heure 's headline is " Enough of this life". Huge gap between his words and the title!
:worship:

Kart
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Honestly, he really ought not to be discussing these things in public (if this story is actually validated).

Still who wouldn't be bored spending all their time with or watching one person.

Get a life of your own man !!!

Then maybe you can live with your wife instead of off her !!!

Infiniti2001
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:40 PM
Honestly, he really ought not to be discussing these things in public (if this story is actually validated).

Still who wouldn't be bored spending all their time with or watching one person.

Get a life of your own man !!!

Then maybe you can live with your wife instead of off her !!!

:worship: :worship: Still I wonder what happens when he doesn't get her a glass of water :haha: and if she is the queen of "not tonight honey- I have a headache." :lol: DUCKING :tape:

Kart
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:42 PM
More like 'not tonight honey I'm on iv fluids' :tape: ;)

Sorry I just couldn't resist :o.

Infiniti2001
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:48 PM
More like 'not tonight honey I'm on iv fluids' :tape: ;)

Sorry I just couldn't resist :o.

:haha: :lol: :tape:

Veritas
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:50 PM
Lleyton a Pierre-Yves for Kim. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
That guy has TWO Grand Slams under his belt, was ranked number 1 for a year and something, won the Masters twice in a row!!!
Even if Lleyton does from now not do anything more with his life than watching Kim's matches, he will have achieved a lot more than PY and his relationship with Kim will be 1000x more balanced than the relationship of Justine and Pierre-Yves when it comes to status and money.

And not to mention that Lleyton understands what it's like to be on tour: the travelling, media, PRs, matches, schedules, etc. Mr Hardenne wouldn't have a clue about the stress put on the players. Sure, he knows that Justine's probably fatigued, but Lleyton's actually experienced all that stress, so of course he'd be more understanding and supportive of Kim.

That's why I feel sorry for women in general. It's not fair that ATP players can expect their wife/gf to trot along and be 100% interested in every single match they play, yet when WTA players ask their spouse to do the same, there's bound to be conflict. Why can't men undertake the role of the housewife as well? And anyway, isn't Justine's husband her manager? So he isn't exactly sitting on the couch and watching TV all day...he has a job and what's more, this kind of occupation demands him to do some travelling. So I really don't see what he's complaining about. High living and high money equals to enormous sacrifices. How does he think that all the top sportsmen, entertainers, businessmen, lawyers and doctors manage to get their fat paychecks? It certainly doesn't fall from the sky ;)

vs1
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:01 AM
I totally agree with your post, D.A. It seems that no matter how far we've progressed, women are still behind the equality barrier and still have to deal with double standards. If JHH was the spouse and had to travel around to support her husband who is a pro tennis player, then she'd be just the norm. But now the tables are turned and her husband's ego is bent out of shape. He should just shut up and continue to support Justine. She is bringing home LOADS of bacon that he gets to eat! What the hell is his problem?! And it's not like a tennis player's career is very long. Justine is in her prime. He just value that and love and support her for better and for worse!!!

Men... :rolleyes: sometimes I feel like the world would be a better place without them!!! (and I'm a man!!! :p ).

esquímaux
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Tennis is tired of Pierre-Yves...:-p

Greenout
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:56 AM
This is pathetic!

If it isn't the cheat accusations, the drug accusations,
the pimples, the lack of pearly straight teeth, the
insults about the lack of good hair care, the bad
blonde dye job on the hair, the lack of a busty figure,
the lack of a decent outfit to wear to the WTA fashion
show which she showed up at despite still being sick,
lack of humour, the lack of confidence, too much
confidence, choking, the ruthlessness in winning over
an opponent who's choking, the drive to want to
over throw the current number 1 and take on
champions and her apparent lack of good English

I suppose attacking the husband within some Belgian
tabloid rag is the last step for the desperate
vicious jealous bitter people.

Funny to see all the "haters" latch on this lame article
like it's some kind of life preserver. lol.

JustineTime
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:00 AM
There is a difference betwixt men and women. Those who deny it do so at their peril! :p

ToeTag
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Where is the double standard I don't see it quite franckly... I'm sure some women don't like it as well following ATP players around the world, being dependant of their husband and having no career of their own. It's just that there are no article written about them.

What the hell is his problem? He is Justine's husband, not Pierre-Yves Hardenne: that IS a problem.
ATAT...that there isn't any articles written about women who do that is the point.There is this expectation that she should be willing to be self sacrificing for his precious sports career.I really don't believe that the same expectation is put on guys.I remember when Brenda Schultz-McCarthy was interviewed at the Canadian Open by the CBC,and they were specifically asked about their marriage,and her whining,bitching husband went on and on about how he had to do the dishes and the laundry...boo hoo..boo hoo.Oh, you should of heard him,he was practically in tears.

I don't think that that lifestyle is easy for either sex,but if a male athletes wife/girlfriend bitched and moaned about not having her own identity she would be crucified in the media especially if her moaning affected the way he played. :lol:

Veritas
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:17 AM
ATAT...that there isn't any articles written about women who do that is the point.There is this expectation that she should be willing to be self sacrificing for his precious sports career.I really don't believe that the same expectation is put on guys.I remember when Brenda Schultz-McCarthy was interviewed at the Canadian Open by the CBC,and they were specifically asked about their marriage,and her whining,bitching husband went on and on about how he had to do the dishes and the laundry...boo hoo..boo hoo.Oh, you should of heard him,he was practically in tears.

I don't think that that lifestyle is easy for either sex,but if a male athletes wife/girlfriend bitched and moaned about not having her own identity she would be crucified in the media especially if her moaning affected the way he played. :lol:

I agree! :worship:

Veritas
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:22 AM
I totally agree with your post, D.A. It seems that no matter how far we've progressed, women are still behind the equality barrier and still have to deal with double standards. If JHH was the spouse and had to travel around to support her husband who is a pro tennis player, then she'd be just the norm. But now the tables are turned and her husband's ego is bent out of shape. He should just shut up and continue to support Justine. She is bringing home LOADS of bacon that he gets to eat! What the hell is his problem?! And it's not like a tennis player's career is very long. Justine is in her prime. He just value that and love and support her for better and for worse!!!

Men... :rolleyes: sometimes I feel like the world would be a better place without them!!! (and I'm a man!!! :p ).

I'm a guy too...and I freakin' hate the chauvanist behaviour of such a patriarchal society :mad: I consider women as equals...which is why when I marry, I most certainly won't expect my wife to sacrifice her time or career just so I can have mine and not worry about the kids.

I think it's the macho mentality that makes guys think it's "wierd" or "unnatural" or downright "gay" ( :rolleyes: ) to wear an apron and wash the dishes.

Why should women have to give up their careers just so their spouse can go off into the work force and enjoy his job/career...while she has to stay at home, cook, clean, take care of the kids and basically, not have a career of her own? It's sickening the way guys think that they're a grade higher than women and that they should press their wife/gf into submission :fiery:

Veritas
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:27 AM
There is no expectation about women following ATP players or male athletes in general; if they are willing to be self sacrificing, it is their choice.

And yes a woman would be crucified if she would complain in public about not having her own identity... Just like Pierre-Yves is in this thread. It's hardly a double standard.

The point is that the mass media wouldn't complain about his comments one way or another. It is expected that he complains because in society, it's "unnatural" for men to support their wife/gf while she goes out to be the breadwinner of the family. Therefore, the wider community would understand and to an extent, sympathise with male complainers because his role is to be out there having a career while his wife stays at home and takes care of domestic business.

However, when the situation is reversed, women would generally be seen as ungrateful whingers. The old argument of "male is the breadwinner, the one who earns the money...so the wife is supposed to 100% support, enjoy, endorse and respect the position she is in and thus, must cater for her spouse's needs w/o a second thought". Have you ever thought that women might want to have a career of their own and enjoy the position that many guys are in today? So that's why women's complaints are not reported because society believes it's so widespread and trivial, they don't bother thinking or talking about it.

Which is why I think that if Pierre doesn't have the guts to support his wife, then Justine doesn't deserve to be burdened by such a sour-puss like him.

Come-on-kim
Nov 9th, 2003, 09:48 AM
I think I'll enjoy travelling all year like that! Well I think ;)

Hagar
Nov 9th, 2003, 10:50 AM
When he married Justine, Pierre-Yves knew life would be like that for a couple of years. If he is fed up with it, he should talk about it with Justine and not with the media. It must be possible for him to have more life of his own yet still be very much involved with Justine's career.
I think he does not have a lot of spine and is the kind of guy who is unable to come up for himself yet complains about his wife to others.

pigam
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:03 AM
When he married Justine, Pierre-Yves knew life would be like that for a couple of years. If he is fed up with it, he should talk about it with Justine and not with the media. It must be possible for him to have more life of his own yet still be very much involved with Justine's career.
I think he does not have a lot of spine and is the kind of guy who is unable to come up for himself yet complains about his wife to others.
yeah, and of course you know him so well :rolleyes:
you act as if you know PY personnally. please! He's a person with 'little spine'. Sure, if you say so :). Never thought of it this way (and yes, same can be said about lei 's comments) : the article is probably a tissue of separated quotes, with a nice sensational headline.

How you 'accuse' a person of not having a spine, without even knowing him is just beyond me.

trash about Kim = trash by media, missinterpreted quotes
trash about Justine= probably true

yeah, sure :rolleyes: :wavey:

Hagar
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:47 AM
In an interview with him before his marriage, he already made it very clear that Justine was wearing the pants in their relationship. Fine with me, but then do not complain about the kind of life you have with her. A guy with a spine would make sure that he can't be misquoted by simply not saying one negative thing about the relationship.

Allez Joosteen
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Pierre-Yves sick of tennis

According to Pierre-Yves more and more tension is growing between him and his wife.

:woohoo:

(See my signature.)

Princess Fiona
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:06 PM
This is pathetic!

I know what you are saying, Greenout... Some of the things that are written about Justine are very nasty indeed!! She'd have to be a robot not to be hurt by some of the things that have been written about her...

Again, I hope that this article is really something that is 'pure tabloid'. The tabloids can be so ruthless (I live in the UK and the tabloids here can be just dreadful in their behaviour). I hope for the best... :)

Allez Joosteen
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:08 PM
In an interview with him before his marriage, he already made it very clear that Justine was wearing the pants in their relationship. Fine with me, but then do not complain about the kind of life you have with her. A guy with a spine would make sure that he can't be misquoted by simply not saying one negative thing about the relationship.

Precisely! He's not only spineless but a bit thick as well. :tape:

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Jealousy is a curse.

starr
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Well, no wonder Justine lost to Ai last night. ;)

No, seriously, if this is true, then the off season is not going to be so pleasant for Justine. I do think she relies on her husband's support.

It's tough for the girls on the tour because men aren't as willing to drop everything and travel around the world with a girlfriend. The male players normally have that support and I think women are more comfortable about giving it, or maybe they have nothing better to do. For myself, I would be a bit anxious to give up my career to follow a tennis player around, but these women are usually pretty young too, and maybe aren't at that point in their careers.

Chris Evert talked about how elite players are selfish and necessairly so. Everything is focused on them and about them. It's difficult for a spouse. It is the main reason that I admire Lleyton. His support of Kim is very touching. Of course, they could break up tomorrow for all I really know of their relationship.

Anyway, from what I have seen of Justine around the tennis grounds, I wouldn't be surprised if she expected her water brought promptly. :)

lee station
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:59 PM
This is pathetic!

I suppose attacking the husband within some Belgian
tabloid rag is the last step for the desperate
vicious jealous bitter people.

Funny to see all the "haters" latch on this lame article
like it's some kind of life preserver. lol.Good post dude! *makes a grimace* :silly: :) :D :angel:

Experimentee
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:00 PM
He also said to the press that he thinks the Willams sisters are better than Justine!
That statement is true, but I thought he would be supporting her and at least pretending that his wife is the best! :lol:

He is not a gold digger though, he was with Justine long before she became famous and started earning lots.

lee station
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:04 PM
Always seen Pierre Yves dead bored at all her matches, I guess it'd be better for both to go their own ways. I hope this doesn't affect her playing.

vettipooh
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Pierre Yves should just keep Justine,bare-foot and pregnant! That would end the rift between them, and perhaps make him feel more like the man in the situation!Ha!

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:27 PM
I hope everyone who talks about gender inequality, blah, remembers that when they deny Anna the respect of judging her by results in her chosen profession. (And injuries are part of any sport, BTW, with some players being injured more often, like Momo for instance). And MGM was basically playing hurt all year, but judging by GM she might as well have been in the Witness Protection Program. (BTW, Gurlz & Gayz may swoon ova Blake, Safin, etc. but in no fucking way are they treated as "china dolls" the way Anna is here)!

canoe.
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Pierre Yves should just keep Justine,bare-foot and pregnant! That would end the rift between them, and perhaps make him feel more like the man in the situation!Ha!
Yes but he would complain about that as well...he would have to go and get a job. A job that wouldn't pay nearly as much as Justine's.

TennisHack
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Where is the double standard I don't see it quite franckly... I'm sure some women don't like it as well following ATP players around the world, being dependant of their husband and having no career of their own. It's just that there are no article written about them.

What the hell is his problem? He is Justine's husband, not Pierre-Yves Hardenne: that IS a problem.

Totally agree with this post.

I don't know what you people think -- that all the ATP players have girlfriends at every tournament who hang off their every word or something -- but that's not the case. The only instances when I've seen girlfriends/wives with the ATP players for an entire event is at a) Grand Slams and b) Davis Cup. Rarely do the ladies travel with their husbands/boyfriends to EVERY SINGLE EVENT. Most of the time they do maintain a residence in whatever country they are from, and yes they do take care of children if they have them, but they also lead their own lives.

It seems to me that Pierre-Yves is living the life of the WTA Tour as a man, and he feels left out and/or swallowed up. Next year he should not be travelling with Justine everywhere, he needs some time to himself.

starr
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:15 PM
When the ATP guys have a steady girlfriend or a wife, most of them are at nearly every event. Attila Savolt has that dishy girlfriend with him everywhere and he's not even a top ranked player. Magnus had his Miss Sweden girlfriend everywhere. I've seen Alex's girlfriend around a lot.

But on the otherhand, Sandrine's husband was always with her. Rosanna Neffa de los Rios always has her husband there. Andy Mill was always with Chris Evert.

If this story is accurate, I think Mr. Hardenne is probably a little... or a lot... immature.

Anyway, I think you will find that it is a lot more common for a woman to be comfortable with taking a supportive role for a famous high powered man, than it is for a man to do the same with a woman.

*JR*
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Sandrine's husband was always with her. ..... Andy Mill was always with Chris Evert. Starr, 2 little details: le Lyons Lioness is married to her coach (who was that, first). And Chrissie's hubby during her playing years was John Lloyd (who she divorced after telling him publicly: "I can't stand the gutless tennis you're playing")! :eek: So I guess in her world: "Tennisrulz". :lol: (Hey Chrissie, he's a Brit, WTF didja expect)? :o

Gandalf
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:27 AM
I don't think this story is true. If it is, then he's a moron.

Anyway, I always thought that he married her because of her money, and that he tried to increase the tension between Justine and her family to make her more dependant of him.

I hope the Belgian media leave Justine and Kim alone from now on, because all this tension can do no good to them...

go hingis
Nov 10th, 2003, 09:04 AM
I hope this isn't true, especially this comment. Sounds like he loves the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, I would love to be following a top player on tour, if he doesn't enjoy it then he should deffinately do
something for himself, get a life, make his own money.

According to Pierre-Yves more and more tension is growing between him and his wife. "I have to admit that I sometimes quietly hope that her tenniscareer will be over very soon, but then again I hope it'll last for long time so we can keep on enjoying the luck that we receive."

Hagar
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:38 AM
He also forgot her birthday during Roland Garros. ??? In the first year of their marriage! That alone would for me be a reason to divorce him.

kim4eva
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:43 AM
He also forgot her birthday during Roland Garros. ??? In the first year of their marriage! That alone would for me be a reason to divorce him.
:eek: definitely

Lady
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:44 AM
He forgot about berthday for a minute when he woke up!! After a couple of minuted he remembered!!
I even forgot about my birthday for a couple of minutes when I woke up!!