PDA

View Full Version : Pam says HINGIS WiLL return to Tennis!!

LeonHart
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Pam says she knows Hingis will at least give tennis 1 more try before she completely gives up, because its just too soon for her right now. She is still so young, and can still improve so much. AND she's at the YEC to SCOUT! I'll take Pam's word on it! :bounce:

monicarules
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:30 AM
I believe in every word of Pam's!! She's a legend!

LeonHart
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Pam is my idol :hearts:

Instant
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:35 AM
Maybe her ankles are coming along better then she hoped?

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:40 AM
Pam is also planning a comeback because of her frustration of not winning a single GS title.:haha:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:42 AM
I was just watching Venus' perfect Pam Shriver impression. LOL :lol:

LeonHart
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Pam is also planning a comeback because of her frustration of not winning a single GS title.:haha:
Starting with your as$ :haha::haha:

Sam L
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Go Pam! Go Martina!

Now where's the post where I said I have foreseen Martina's return? I TOLD YOU GUYS!

Where's AlexSydney? :tape:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Starting with your as$ :haha::haha:
Pam could kiss my as$$$.:haha:

switz
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Go Pam! Go Martina!

Now where's the post where I said I have foreseen Martina's return? I TOLD YOU GUYS!

wow, you have the same opinion as pam shriver. well done. i said the same thing though. the more see gets back into the tour the more i think she will regain the desire to comeback. of course we really don't know about the ankles.

justine&coria
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:32 AM
I think she's right : HIngis seems to be missing tennis : if not, why is she interviewing some players ?

Brαm
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:33 AM
I don't think she'll ever come back. Why do people keep saying that? :confused:
We're not talking about Martina Navratilova here! ;)

monicarules
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:39 AM
I hope she will come back and bitchslap everyone who has badmouthed her!

Hots4Safin
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:41 AM
Pam ALSO thinks the belgians are superior to Venus :o

maryjane
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:42 AM
She can be right.If her feet r no longer a problem for her I think that Martina could have gained some hopes to fight against the best again looking at henin....if she can martina can as well.It would be good,more champions more great tennis to see...then as martina created duels with williams nobody did...

monicarules
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Pam knows better then the majority of us!
So why don't you all look at yourself before criticizing everything she says? It's always scary for one to look at his/her self reflection in the mirror.

ChrisGermany
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Pam might want to turn some more of us to LA as she knows the event is a desaster so far.

I doubt Martina wants to return as no6-7 in the world and she wouldn´t have a chance to win a GS if being in a draw together with the Belgians, the Williams and Jenn.

xr6turbo
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:33 AM
I was just watching Venus' perfect Pam Shriver impression. LOL :lol:

God I could not stop laughing when i saw that!! :lol: And neither could Serena!! :lol: Venus is such a comedian!!! :dance:

Linzi
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:23 AM
I hope she will come back and bitchslap everyone who has badmouthed her!
I agree. :bounce: I think she will come back and give it another go. But i'd suggest she'd need to sort out her serve as well. Please come back ;)

Rothes
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:27 AM
I wouldn'y mind her prophecy becoming true though, It will enable me to change her name form blue to pink.

azza
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Since she has no ranking will she have to start from 10k's :o:o :speakles: :confused:

Rothes
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Since she has no ranking will she have to start from 10k's :o:o :speakles: :confused:

Probably not Aaron, The wildcards she will get will be in abundance, Plus direct entry into alot of tournaments. Thats if she decides to play again and wants to play singles again though.

Instant
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:49 AM
She would get WC's into Sydney, Australian and Tokyo and Bingo she is back in the top 20 ;)

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Pam knows better then the majority of us!
So why don't you all look at yourself before criticizing everything she says? It's always scary for one to look at his/her self reflection in the mirror.
I would only believe Pam when she wins a singles GS title on her comeback.:haha:

Kart
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Funny Pam is saying one thing whilst Martina is said another on eurosport two days ago.

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Go Pam! Go Martina!

No proof so, don't believe Pam :rolleyes:

Rtael
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Funny Pam is saying one thing whilst Martina is said another on eurosport two days ago.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you're going to use your 'word of the day', trying to look intelligent, then please, atleast get the rest of the sentence correct!

Rothes
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:03 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: If you're going to use your 'word of the day', trying to look intelligent, then please, atleast get the rest of the sentence correct!

I figured out what he was saying.

nubienne954
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:09 PM
To quote "Bad Willow" from BTVS

"Bored now".

Ah, the good old days. Vee and Ree merrily smashing Bride of Chuckie's forehead into the ground... :lol:

ChrisGermany
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I think she tipped on that, not that she knew anything more than we know

gweeny
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Well Pam is a proven liar so . . . . .

Kart
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:28 PM

If you roll your eyes too much you'll get a headache.

Still, if you're going to try and look intelligent yourself when criticising my grammar then here are two hints:

'word of the day,' not 'word of the day',

and

at least not atleast.

Being obnoxious is a skill. You've got the bitterness, it's the ability to execute that's lacking. Work on it and get back to me when you've made some progess :wavey:.

Fyndh0rnElf
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM
To quote "Bad Willow" from BTVS

"Bored now".

Ah, the good old days. Vee and Ree merrily smashing Bride of Chuckie's forehead into the ground... :lol:

Chuckie leads venus 10-9 ahh the good old days

Sammm
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:43 PM
I had a dream last night that I was looking @ a paper and that Martina played in the Japan Open and she got to the quarters, but was beaten by Davenport. Weird.

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Martina come back pleaseeeeeeeeee :D :kiss: :worship:

lizchris
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:44 PM
If this report is true, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to play the AO in 2004.

spudrsca
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Well, if she plans to return, she would have a lot of work to do, she didn't seem very fit when I saw her on TV.

MisterQ
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I think it's wishful thinking. Hingis says herself that it's a physical impossibility, but Pam and Mary Joe chose to ignore her. I think Cliff is right when he is more skeptical.

But I would LOVE it if I were wrong. It would be awesome to see her return.

Infiniti2001
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:53 PM

<picky picky> Did it occur to you that english may not be his first language?? :rolleyes:
I personally understood what he is saying BTW :tape:

P.S. when Pam says walk , you better run :eek: :devil:

ToeTag
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:58 PM
If this report is true, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to play the AO in 2004.
She'll be in Australia,as a commentator.I know Pam, is just probably thinking out loud but I wish she would shut -up about the alledged Hingis comeback.It does no one any good.It gets fans hopes up and it puts Hingis in a awkward situation of constantly having to answer the "comeback question." On Eurosport,Hingis said that she can only play about an hour...I don't know whether she meant that after an hour her injuries start acting up or she just isn't in good enough shape.

G_Slammed
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Sorry hopeful hearts... but Hingis ain't acomin' back.

I mean in the sense of coming back, AND winning.. coming back AND taking the 1# ranking.. .. coming back to handle those worrisome colored gurls for ya'll.

Sure .. she could resurface... for one last epic beatdown. Then..it would be back to the fuzzy pink orthopedic slippers, for good.

franny
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:05 PM
lol you guys, Pam did not say that Hingis will return to tennis. She just said that she feels that sooner or later, Hingis is going to realize how much she misses the game and will come back for one last try, even though she knows she may not get back to number 1. That was really nice to hear Pam and Mary Joe defending Martina and saying how great she was for the game. Now, CLiff, he was just being a little bitch. He was all like, "well I think that the more Hingis sees of these girls playing right now, the least likely she'll come back. Because you know and I know that she can't possibly compete with the girls of today". True or not true, thats so rude and mean to say, but Mary Joe came right back and defended Hingis, saying that "seeing Justine play will make martina realize that she has it in her to get stronger and more powerful and will give her extra motivation." Then there was another time, when Pam said "how great would it be for the game if Hingis were to come back", and bitchy Cliff once again said, "I like the game the way it is right now." And he said it in a rude way too, I am very dissapointed with Cliff right now. He had alwyas been the neutral one, but this really gets me angry at him.

JonBcn
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:11 PM
I dont think anyone mentioned this snippet from ******************** a couple of weeks ago, and I couldnt be bothered at the time but here goes:

Hingis hitting at Saddlebrook

By Matthew Cronin

The word from Florida is that former no. 1 Martina Hingis has been hitting at Saddlebrook Resort in Florida, where she still owns a home. Hingis hit this week with American up-and comer Angela Haynes. However, this is no indication that the Swiss will return to the tour, as she is not engaged in full-scale training.

Reichen
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Yes! I want Hingis back on the tour(and I want Sandrine to beat Hingis at least once;))

LeonHart
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:53 PM
I want Martina to come back, win the grandslam, and then retire. Kinda like Steffi :bounce:

tennisjam
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by BasicTennis

that is cruel ;) :devil:

hope for once she is right ;)

she is playing with Angela ? that's cool :cool:

jenny161185
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Maybe Martinas been in secret training all this time perfecting her serve???? I still can't see her coming back though Id love it - she did beat Kim in 02 so thats not a bad start

Kart
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:00 AM
<picky picky> Did it occur to you that english may not be his first language?? :rolleyes:
I personally understood what he is saying BTW :tape:

P.S. when Pam says walk , you better run :eek: :devil:

Inifiniti :hearts: :kiss: :inlove: :worship:

Roxers
Nov 9th, 2003, 01:04 AM
COME BACK Martina!

~KKman~
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:24 AM
oh ya...she will......mark my word:)

spartanchris
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Hey everyone. I was reading the thread and was wondering how Venus made an immpression of Pam, and where it was shown. Can someone please tell me. Thanx

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Pam is threatened that Martina Hingis, who's doing a great job with Eurosport right now, might take her job that is why she's making this story to convince Hingis to come back. Obviously, Martina is better than her.;)

Veritas
Nov 9th, 2003, 04:58 AM
If you roll your eyes too much you'll get a headache.

Still, if you're going to try and look intelligent yourself when criticising my grammar then here are two hints:

'word of the day,' not 'word of the day',

and

at least not atleast.

Being obnoxious is a skill. You've got the bitterness, it's the ability to execute that's lacking. Work on it and get back to me when you've made some progess :wavey:.

:lol: :worship: :D