PDA

View Full Version : Year End Championships 2003

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:56 AM
:yawn:.......................................:zzz:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:58 AM
I must admit that the new format is really working. Even without the sisters, the matches have been amazing.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:59 AM
I must admit that the new format is really working. Even without the sisters, the matches have been amazing.

Why are the matches so close though??

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:00 AM
I agree, the round robin format is very exciting and this will become more exciting next year specially if all the top players are healthy and are participating in the event.;)

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:02 AM
i just heard on the Eurosport radio this last match between Kim and Amelie was very high standard....and with Justine's match yesterday and the hard fought wins of Jennifer over Ai and Chanda over Amélie I can't see why a real tennisfan would fall asleep :) So maybe you are just a bit frustrated there, no Knizzle? :rolleyes:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Why are the matches so close though??

Because it is the top vs the top...no easy matches! In fact ALL matches have been great so far, save the Dementieva ones and of course Jen vs Justine today.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Matches are close because the best players aren't playing.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:05 AM
In fact the Kim vs Amelie match, I think Kim only won like 5/6 more points than Amelie the whole match!! Amelie just couldnīt convert the bpīs.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:06 AM
No Knizz....donīt be frustrated. I know that with the sisters itīd been even more high standard...but the matches have been great. Donīt watch tennis just because of the sisters, watch it because of the tennis.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:08 AM
No Knizz....donīt be frustrated. I know that with the sisters itīd been even more high standard...but the matches have been great. Donīt watch tennis just because of the sisters, watch it because of the tennis.

I do watch because of the tennis. It's not just the sisters only, Davy is out also.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:09 AM
good quality matches so far. better than most slam matches this year.

too bad some tennis "fans" cant appreciate the game for what its worth. idol worship can be an awful thing.

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:10 AM

:rolleyes:

lol :lol:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:11 AM
I do watch because of the tennis. It's not just the sisters only, Davy is out also.

I donīt think that Lindsay would have handled the standard of todayīs match between Kim and Amelie......I think both of them would have beaten Lindsay.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:15 AM
I donīt think that Lindsay would have handled the standard of todayīs match between Kim and Amelie......I think both of them would have beaten Lindsay.

I just think the matches are close because lesser players of similar skill levels are facing off.

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Chanda/Amelie, Jenn/Ai, and Justine/Nastya matches were great matches. I don't know what you're talking about Kni.

I'll admit that the Justine/Jenn match was not anywhere near their USO semi but Jenn is bothered by her injury and Justine is still probably under the weather.

I hope Justine wins this shizzzznit!!!!

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Dang, Pam Shriver is kissing much Belgian ass this week. Get some dignity Pam!!

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:19 AM
I just think the matches are close because lesser players of similar skill levels are facing off.

But thatīs why it is the championships no?! The top players usually are pretty evenly matched..with a few that are above the field. Save the Williamses, I donīt think anyone is really all that better than the others in the top 10.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:19 AM
so what's your point?

a) having the williams here would make it more exciting because they are of higher standard and will steamroll everybody

b) i want to see the beautiful williams sisters because they are the prettiest things on earth

c) i hate the belgians. no justice in seeing them at the top

which is it?

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:21 AM
so what's your point?

a) having the williams here would make it more exciting because they are of higher standard and will steamroll everybody

b) i want to see the beautiful williams sisters because they are the prettiest things on earth

c) i hate the belgians. no justice in seeing them at the top

which is it?

Seeing the best players playing. Why settle for less??

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:22 AM
I suppose that Venus and Serena have never faced off in a close match before? Going by your logic, I guess not.

Btw, Knizzle, you're doing a fine job of demonstrating what a "player fan" is, and how this is vastly different from a "tennis fan"... I'll be sure to use you as an example in the future ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Much as I'm throwing things here with Amelie's elimination, how can this not be exciting? Even though she only won one match, Amelie has apparently played at a high level in all her matches. So have Kim and Chanda. The only player who has not produced high quality tennis in that group has been Elena. In the other group the standard has also been pretty good except for Cappy being injured.

This is a feast of good tennis and it's full of drama.

:rolleyes: @all the sour grapes from some Williams and Lindsay fans.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:23 AM
Because this is reality, and in reality, your perfect senario didn't work out. The TENNIS fans among us will be happy with what we've got, and hope for ever more next year.

LeonHart
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:23 AM
"Its boring because all the top players aren't playing"

:lol::haha:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Much as I'm throwing things here with Amelie's elimination, how can this not be exciting? Even though she only won one match, Amelie has apparently played at a high level in all her matches. So have Kim and Chanda. The only player who has not produced high quality tennis in that group has been Elena. In the other group the standard has also been pretty good except for Cappy being injured.

This is a feast of good tennis and it's full of drama.

:rolleyes: @all the sour grapes from some Williams and Lindsay fans.

My point really! The only dissapointing player in the WHOLE tournament has been Elena D. I expected more from her....but she was just feeding to the players.

Itīs a shame that Amelie canīt go through. She may have played the most consistently high level, but couldnīt close her matches against Kim and Chanda.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:25 AM
I suppose that Venus and Serena have never faced off in a close match before? Going by your logic, I guess not.

Btw, Knizzle, you're doing a fine job of demonstrating what a "player fan" is, and how this is vastly different from a "tennis fan"... I'll be sure to use you as an example in the future ;)

I am a tennis fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't watch to be able to comment on the matches.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM
I am a tennis fan, if I wasn't I wouldn't watch to be able to comment on the matches.
Uh huh

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM
bullsh*t

Mercury Rising
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:27 AM
:yawn: ............................................. :zzz:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:28 AM

Kniz, donīt act like Kim, Justine, Amelie et al are ranked no.300 or something. These are top 10 players! All, safe Ai, are top 10...besides how much higher would the quality have been with the sisters?! Yeah, they are the best players.......but they arenīt THAT better than the rest either! It ainīt like they would be winning 6-0 6-0 at will.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Kniz, donīt act like Kim, Justine, Amelie et al are ranked no.300 or something. These are top 10 players! All, safe Ai, are top 10...besides how much higher would the quality have been with the sisters?! Yeah, they are the best players.......but they arenīt THAT better than the rest either! It ainīt like they would be winning 6-0 6-0 at will.
:worship:

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:30 AM

:lol: hmhm

next argument for this "Why exciting matches make me sleep"-discussion of yours?

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:32 AM

:eek: :confused: :)

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:32 AM
Maybe it's getting boring with the Belgians winning everything. J/K LOL. I have been overruled in this thread so I will concede, but I haven't seen anything particularly great this week. Just a matter of opinion.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:33 AM
:eek: :confused: :)

Why confused?!

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:34 AM
Maybe it's getting boring with the Belgians winning everything. J/K LOL. I have been overruled in this thread so I will concede, but I haven't seen anything particularly great this week. Just a matter of opinion.

So seriously...have you seen the macth between Kim and Amelie?
I haven't, but I heard it was fantastic :worship:

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Why confused?!

You know why :lol:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:36 AM
So seriously...have you seen the macth between Kim and Amelie?
I haven't, but I heard it was fantastic :worship:

No we didn't get that one live, it may be on tomorrow.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:37 AM
aww... just had to spit one last ounce of vitriol before calling it quits huh?

typical knizzle.

monicarules
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:39 AM
I have this funny feeling that bandadou and Knizzle are actually the same person. Cuz as far as I remember, bandadou wasn't that nice and insightful. He or she has changed like day and night.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:39 AM
No we didn't get that one live, it may be on tomorrow.

Watch it and then we will talk! If you DONīT like it, then we all know what the real problem is.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Watch it and then we will talk! If you DONīT like it, then we all know what the real problem is.

Never thought I would hear this from you, it's good to hear though.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:41 AM
I have this funny feeling that bandadou and Knizzle are actually the same person. Cuz as far as I remember, bandadou wasn't that nice and insightful. He or she has changed like day and night.

Nope...Iīm me and Knizz is Knizz.

Look Iīm a Williams-fan, but that doesnīt mean I canīt enjoy good tennis and say it is good...just because there was no-Williams involved. I ainīt like that. If someone played great, I will have no problem saying that.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:41 AM
aww... just had to spit one last ounce of vitriol before calling it quits huh?

typical knizzle.

No, should I change my mind just because someone doesn't agree with me??

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Never thought I would hear this from you, it's good to hear though.

Look....still in the same group: Williams-fan...but good tennis is good tennis, regardless of whoīs playing.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:42 AM
You know why :lol:

Nope.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:44 AM
Look....still in the same group: Williams-fan...but good tennis is good tennis, regardless of whoīs playing.

I agree.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:46 AM
I agree.

Cool! Iīd never drop a fellow Williams-fan...just wanted to show you to enjoy the matches, instead of mournin about the Williamses. They are gonna be back SOON!

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:46 AM
Nope.

Try harder :p

Try to resume this in a smiley:

Cuz as far as I remember, bandadou wasn't that nice and insightful.

and what you get is a :confused:

Keep it up ;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Try harder :p

Try to resume this in a smiley:

and what you get is a :confused:

Keep it up ;)

Yeah, I thought soo...after I went back and read it again I figured that it was that. See, I ainīt that bad after all! :D

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Cool! Iīd never drop a fellow Williams-fan...just wanted to show you to enjoy the matches, instead of mournin about the Williamses. They are gonna be back SOON!

I do enjoy tennis, don't play me like that. I just haven't seen anything exciting this week.

monicarules
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:52 AM
I'm pretty sure you two are the same poster!

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I thought soo...after I went back and read it again I figured that it was that. See, I ainīt that bad after all! :D

wowow...not too fast there :p Let's say you're heading the right way ;)
I'm glad you saw Kim wasn't that bad either today :hehehe:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:53 AM
I do enjoy tennis, don't play me like that. I just haven't seen anything exciting this week.

MAN! Then you sure have to be VERY VERY hard to please.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:55 AM
wowow...not too fast there :p Let's say you're heading the right way ;)
I'm glad you saw Kim wasn't that bad either today :hehehe:

Indeed, Kim ainīt bad at all! Very good....GREAT defensive player. If she keeps this up( her mental side was good today), itīll be only matter of time....

Gospodin
No, should I change my mind just because someone doesn't agree with me??
no. you can believe that the 7-5,5-7,7-5 yesterday is a snoozer compared to serena's double bageling of babsi schett. its just funny how you can nag so much about not having your precious williams sisters in the championships. (because obviously, thats what this is all about... like all your threads)

bandabou
I'm pretty sure you two are the same poster!

Ask tfannis...he/ she knows all about that.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:57 AM
no. you can believe that the 7-5,5-7,7-5 yesterday is a snoozer compared to serena's double bageling of babsi schett. its just funny how you can nag so much about not having your precious williams sisters in the championships. (because obviously, thats what this is all about... like all your threads)

Seeing as your sole purpose of being on this board is to spew hatred towards the WS and their fans, your post is taken with a HUGE grain of salt.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Seeing as your sole purpose of being on this board is to spew hatred towards the WS and their fans, your post is taken with a HUGE grain of salt.
what part of what i wrote even suggested "hate" or negativity towards the williamses and their fans?

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:01 AM
what part of what i wrote even suggested "hate" or negativity towards the williamses and their fans?

Every post you make has it. Calling them my "precious" Williams sisters. I doubt you were doing that without being sarcastic.

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Ask tfannis...he/ she knows all about that.

She ;)

Bandabou has been a lot of posters....but as an expert :angel: I can tell you ....how much he tries to hide it...his "!!!!!!!!!!!!!" betray him every time :p Knizzle is more of a . person it seems ;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:05 AM
She ;)

Bandabou has been a lot of posters....but as an expert :angel: I can tell you ....how much he tries to hide it...his "!!!!!!!!!!!!!" betray him every time :p Knizzle is more of a . person it seems ;)

It was a she huh?! I wasnīt sure about it anymore. Not THAT many! Only one...

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:09 AM
She ;)

:confused:

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:09 AM
Every post you make has it. Calling them my "precious" Williams sisters. I doubt you were doing that without being sarcastic.
sarcastic? they ARE your "precious" williams sisters! no sarcasm there.

even bandabou (who is a williams fan) sees this! your purpose in this thread is to bellyache that the williamses are not around, therefore making the yearend championships boring! if that is your opinion, i just dont see the point in demeaning a tournament that is currently being enjoyed by other tennis fans by you spreading your obvious displeasure of the williamses absence. the fans here dont need that, nor do they deserve it. sure, you are entitled to an opinion, but if your only intent by expressing it is to demean this tournament then maybe you should have skipped this tournament (and this tennis board) altogether by watching something that actually pleases you.

unless.... its this constant bellyaching about the williamses that pleases you the most.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:11 AM
sarcastic? they ARE your "precious" williams sisters! no sarcasm there.

even bandabou (who is a williams fan) sees this! your purpose in this thread is to bellyache that the williamses are not around, therefore making the yearend championships boring! if that is your opinion, i just dont see the point in demeaning a tournament that is currently being enjoyed by other tennis fans by you spreading your obvious displeasure of the williamses absence. the fans here dont need that, nor do they deserve it. sure, you are entitled to an opinion, but if your only intent by expressing it is to demean this tournament then maybe you should have skipped this tournament (and this tennis board) altogether by watching something that actually pleases you.

unless.... its this constant bellyaching about the williamses that pleases you the most.

It is my opinion and how I feel. I didn't ask you or anyone else to post in this thread.

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:16 AM
Not THAT many! Only one...

Oh no..you do get swept away from time to time ;)

Nevermind Knizzle ;)

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:19 AM
is that right? then how did you feel about those idiots whose opinions are that the williamses are ugly? sure that's their opinion too and they can flaunt it on this board the same you can your bitterness at the williamses' absence from the tour.

bottomline is... it serves no purpose aside from riling up other people or making you feel better in the dumbest ways possible (isn't the internet great?).

EDIT:
i just hoped enjoyed your moaning and bellyaching, and the knowledge that you are no better than they are.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Oh no..you do get swept away from time to time ;)

Nevermind Knizzle ;)

Hahahaha....girl, I ALMOST forgot how you funny you can be!

*liana*
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Although I also think the YEC would've been more interesting with Serena and Venus there ( just to finally see who really belongs where on the rankings), I think the YEC have been great, more than I had hoped for.
Face it, we've pretty much had everything:
* the surprise win: Chanda def. Amelie
* the hard fought match with expected winner: Cappy def. Sugiyama
* the usual routing: Kim def. Elena
* the dramatic tear-breaker: Justine def. Myskina
* the 'let down, we'd expected so much more': Justine def Cappy
and the good sportmanship high standard match: Kim def Amelie

Looking forward to the next couple of days :bounce: of enjoying some more tennis!

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:24 AM
is that right? then how did you feel about those idiots whose opinions are that the williamses are ugly? sure that's their opinion too and they can flaunt it on this board the same you can your bitterness at the williamses' absence from the tour.

bottomline is... it serves no purpose aside from riling up other people or making you feel better in the dumbest ways possible (isn't the internet great?).

EDIT:
i just hoped enjoyed your moaning and bellyaching, and the knowledge that you are no better than they are.

It's not about the sisters, I watched every bit of tennis since Wimbledon and I have seen some great matches, I just haven't seen anything at the champs that has been that great, why don't you get that through your head?? Does that mean that the consensus is that the matches weren't great?? NO. It means that Knizzle didn't think so. I am flattered that you and others value my opinion on things so much.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:26 AM
It's not about the sisters, I watched every bit of tennis since Wimbledon and I have seen some great matches, I just haven't seen anything at the champs that has been that great, why don't you get that through your head?? Does that mean that the consensus is that the matches weren't great?? NO. It means that Knizzle didn't think so. I am flattered that you and others value my opinion on things so much.
:rolleyes:

the turd didn't get it at all!

foo!