PDA

View Full Version : Capriati sour about Henin's recovery

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:48 AM
``I've never seen anybody recover as fast as she does,'' Capriati said. ``She plays pretty good for all these things that's bothering her.''

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:52 AM
:haha:

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:54 AM
:lol:

I don't know why Capriati is complaining, she should know by now that henin uses gamesmanship. Youv'e got to be prepared for her tricks.

:lol: :lol:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Jenny thought she's mother of gamesmanship.:haha:

UDiTY
QUIT whining jenn...you know she's just a better player than u.

Even if you are injured and she is sick... :p

bandabou
Hmm....if Justine is really playing this, she better stop it....īcause one of these days someone is gonna hit her in the head!!

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:57 AM
Jenn is getting out played. Out played. She maybe suffering from some kind of injury but she still seems to be playing so maybe she should have just retired from the match if SHE was so injured. :rolleyes:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:58 AM
stupid bitch...with her so-called injury and justine's sickness, Jenn believes she has a better chance to win the match.:haha:

slice
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:58 AM
:worship: capriati :worship:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:59 AM
But of course if you yourself are injured....then it is a moot-point talking about other peopleīs injuries.

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Is that a real Cappy quote? :confused:

Cause if it is it's pretty funny lol..the tour seems almost united in their dislike for Justine :o :p

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:00 AM
Jen's statement is so funny, but yet true. :lol:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:01 AM
Is that a real Cappy quote? :confused:

Cause if it is it's pretty funny lol..the tour seems almost united in their dislike for Justine :o :p

Yep it's real. Knizzle don't post nothing fake. LOL

Henin really has a bad rep.

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:01 AM
and did anyone just see jenn run up to the net actually play a volley. for someone so injured and with legs not feeling very well she sure could run. :rolleyes: i don't want to be mean but i don't get jenn. and now she just hit an ace at 1-3! wtf?? but whatever

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:03 AM
and did anyone just see jenn run up to the net actually play a volley. for someone so injured and with legs not feeling very well she sure could run. :rolleyes: i don't want to be mean but i don't get jenn. and now she just hit an ace at 1-3! wtf?? but whatever

I personally think Cappy would have gotten stomped injury or no injury, but she is not moving well.

Gospodin
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:03 AM
winners make losers
losers make excuses

Jericho
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:04 AM
OK so lets compile a list...Davenport, Serena, Clijsters, Capriati...who else?

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:04 AM
jenn was outplayed that's just the case here. so if she wants to moan and bitch about it just like she does with every line call, i'll gladly take it as a sign of her sore loserness. i mean justine is playing aggressively but not anywhere near her best. jenn just can't face the fact that someone who isn't feeling her best can beat her 2 and 1.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:05 AM
We've all heard this story before..."the boy who cried wolf...!!!
Except in this case, it's the "tennis player" who feigned injury...!!! :tape: :tape:

Filip!
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Bad loser, that's all. She should blame herself for the loss, not Justine! Justine always said that she would be there to play every match, as good as it goes. Period!

tennnisfannn
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:07 AM
People's reaction towards justine (both fans and players) is bordering on obsessive. Has it occured to anyone that justine may be one of those people in life who are prone to illness. It happens daily in life but it does not mean that if one isn't feeling 100% they are crippled.
After all this time, the players should know better than to come under prepared against Justine.
That ungodly alliance between Kim and Jen spells doom :fiery: Am becoming a fan of Justine daily all because I keep defending her. ;)
This is proof that Justine has become intimidating, the fireworks have started fast and furious.

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:07 AM

So Jen cant run for a ball? Jen's thighs are both strapped up, she can barely move. I really don't know if she should of played. However she is right about Henin-Hardenne, even though it still is funny.

slice
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:08 AM
c the thing is: capriati ACTUALLY WAS injured and didnt find an excuse just coz she was losing to take an injury timeout so she could put off her opponent like some tennis player :rolleyes:

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:10 AM
I actually like Jenn. I think she's a great player. But I don't like hearing all these complaints about line calls and acting like a sore loser.

I expect a straight set win for Justine anyway. It didn't matter whether or not Jenn was injured. Justine is way too determined to win this title and get the #1.

tennisluver99
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:11 AM
SORE LOSER!!!!
Oh yeah, She has really matured. She's still the same spoiled brat she always was.
Henin would of kicked Capriati's ass injured or not.
Capriati didn't seem to have any trouble running to Henin's drop shots? So I guess she's a faker too.

C'mon Myskina!!!! Send Capriati home, so she can whine some more!!! LOL!!!!

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:12 AM
So Jen cant run for a ball? Jen's thighs are both strapped up, she can barely move. I really don't know if she should of played. However she is right about Henin-Hardenne, even though it still is funny.

so Justine can't attempt to win her matches? Should she not try to win her matches? Should she lose all her matches because she's ill? Is she? I don't know what you expect her to do?

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:13 AM
so Justine can't attempt to win her matches? Should she not try to win her matches? Should she lose all her matches because she's ill? Is she? I don't know what you expect her to do?

Suck it up and don't mention illness and injury unless she is pulling out or at least until after the match.

Fingon
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:13 AM
OK so lets compile a list...Davenport, Serena, Clijsters, Capriati...who else?

ahem, Davenport didn't say anything, it was actually Justine that said something about Davenport

Serena, right

Kim? she lied, she accused Justine of taking time out on every match against her when in fact it was Kim who did that in Berlin, and then you have those denied comments by Kim's father.

Capriati? the same player that always has to blame someone/something else for her losses. She complained about Monica's grunting, didn't she? she complains about cell phones, babies, mosquitoes, lights, she calls for the "fucking referee" when things don't go her way.

next.

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:14 AM
People's reaction towards justine (both fans and players) is bordering on obsessive. Has it occured to anyone that justine may be one of those people in life who are prone to illness. It happens daily in life but it does not mean that if one isn't feeling 100% they are crippled.
After all this time, the players should know better than to come under prepared against Justine.
That ungodly alliance between Kim and Jen spells doom :fiery: Am becoming a fan of Justine daily all because I keep defending her. ;)
This is proof that Justine has become intimidating, the fireworks have started fast and furious.

Sorry tennnisfann, but Justine has made her own reputation for crying injury in the middle of matches, then going on to win. It has happened plenty of times, and this is something that alot of players are now revealing.

Henin-Hardene wants to win regardless of what methods that are used. That's ok, the other players should be prepared for it. However, it's natural that people will call her on her actions. So I really don't feel like she's being attacked unfairly at all.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:15 AM
I actually like Jenn. I think she's a great player. But I don't like hearing all these complaints about line calls and acting like a sore loser.

I expect a straight set win for Justine anyway. It didn't matter whether or not Jenn was injured. Justine is way too determined to win this title and get the #1.

Funny that you've only noticed/complained about her being a sore loser after she pulls this on Justine...!!! It's not the first for Jenn and won't be the last, but, your ass "only complained" when Justine was the opponent...!!! That's what I like so much about you, unbiased and fair...!!! :tape: :tape:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:16 AM
I wonder how all the people who are defending Justine right now and saying that some people are more injury-prone, will react the next time a Williams pulls out injured. īCause everytime I hear that they are fakers, they donīt wanna play and blah blah...

Fingon
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Sorry tennnisfann, but Justine has made her own reputation for crying injury in the middle of matches, then going on to win. It has happened plenty of times, and this is something that alot of players are now revealing.

so I guess that if she is injured (or fakes it) she has to tank the match then :rolleyes:

as usual making a lot of sense :banghead:

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:18 AM
fact is even when justine would be faking and her opponents fell for it and prepare less for a match and lose then that says more about the opponents professionalism then about justine;)

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Jenn's just pissed off that she can't do it as well as Justine (that is, show up "injured" and kick some ass) :cool:

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:19 AM

Do you realize how foolish this shite sounds...???...??? :tape: :tape: Justine is just a fake, so what...She didn't just start being a fake and won't just stop being a fake...!!! People need to overlook her azz and tap it as if she were 100%...!!! I know the Sisters will next season...!!! :lol: :lol:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:20 AM
fact is even when justine would be faking and her opponents fell for it and prepare less for a match and lose then that says more about the opponents professionalism then about justine;)

Girl you are BAD! :lol:

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:20 AM
Funny that you've only noticed/complained about her being a sore loser after she pulls this on Justine...!!! It's not the first for Jenn and won't be the last, but, your ass "only complained" when Justine was the opponent...!!! That's what I like so much about you, unbiased and fair...!!! :tape: :tape:

I've always known that Jenn is a whiner. I've never said anything because quite frankly if it has nothing to do with me and my favorite, why should I? I know that she's pulled this on many players but if I don't particularly care about that relationship with anyone else I have no reason to say anything.

And just because I don't spend my entire time bitching about Jenn when she pulls this shit against whomever else does not mean I never noticed it. :rolleyes:

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Do you realize how foolish this shite sounds...???...??? :tape: :tape: Justine is just a fake, so what...She didn't just start being a fake and won't just stop being a fake...!!! People need to overlook her azz and tap it as if she were 100%...!!! I know the Sisters will next season...!!! :lol: :lol:

wtf are you talking about? yes she's faking her injuries. I hope that when you get injured no one believes your ass too. :tape: actually let me take that back. I don't give a fuck what happens to you.

earthcrystal
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Please tell me its not true...I actually agree with Cappy about something?!?

**looks down and sees the denizens of Hell happily strapping on ice skates**

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:23 AM
so I guess that if she is injured (or fakes it) she has to tank the match then :rolleyes:

as usual making a lot of sense :banghead:

Once again Fingon you missed the point entirely! :rolleyes: :o

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:23 AM

Henin-Hardene wants to win regardless of what methods that are used. That's ok, the other players should be prepared for it. However, it's natural that people will call her on her actions. So I really don't feel like she's being attacked unfairly at all.

Right, harloo, the other players should ignore that bitch and tap that ass as if she were 100% healthy...!!! :lol: :lol: Anyone who now falls for Justines antics get exactly what they deserve...!!! :lol: :lol:

Fingon
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:24 AM
it's interesting to notice that of all the players that were supposed to be affected by Justine's behaviour, the only one that has a real reason to complain is the only one that has showed class.

Yes, you read it right, Serena Williams.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:25 AM
it's interesting to notice that of all the players that were supposed to be affected by Justine's behaviour, the only one that has a real reason to complain is the only one that has showed class.

A very nice point, that.

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:25 AM

I have to sort of agree with this because they should not be falling for her little tricks. :lol:

Astro Jetson
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:27 AM
I'm sure there will follow loads of these comments from other players. It's an "opportunity knocks" situation.
But I want to read the whole interview before I make a judgement.

And when Justine comes out of a thriller match like the one against Anastasia, the next match is often easy. It's a bit like being freed of first match jitters. And Jennifer wasn't 100 % tonight so I'm not surprised about the scores.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:28 AM
wtf are you talking about? yes she's faking her injuries. I hope that when you get injured no one believes your ass too. :tape: actually let me take that back. I don't give a fuck what happens to you.

And, you knew before you typed that shite I couldn't care less, didn't you...??? Don't get angry with me because your fav is a flake and a fake...!!! Hell, win, by whatever means neccessary...!!! :tape: :tape:

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Girl you are BAD! :lol:

it's true. do you think amanda c had beaten steffi three times in 97 if she had spend her time worrying how sick and injured steffi was?
no she went out there and kicked her ass and that's what many of the whiners this year should do too;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:30 AM
it's true. do you think amanda c had beaten steffi three times in 97 if she had spend her time worrying how sick and injured steffi was?
no she went out there and kicked her ass and that's what many of the whiners this year should do too;)

Hahaha...it STILL bothers you, huh?! Eventhough Graf recovered after that and gave you one last present to watch almost every day on t.v. this week! :lol:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:31 AM

Yep. Serena is the only one who can PROVE that Justine used gamesmanship against her. The others donīt really have much evidence.

Nobody's Perfecc
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:32 AM
To Justine's credit, she does look a bit sick. I can see the beginnings of bags under her eyes.

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:33 AM
true I wasn't planning to watch though till Kart started about it so I watch the end anyway :lol:

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:33 AM
Henin-H just will do ANYTHING to win. Maybe if some of the players had that type of mentality they would be able to take advantage of the Williams absense. Henin's ethics are questionable, but she WINS it any way she can.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:36 AM
true I wasn't planning to watch though till Kart started about it so I watch the end anyway :lol:

But you fav always kills me with the:" Are we here to play tennis or are we going to chit chat?!" :lol: Classic!!

Eventhough I was a Hingis-fan at the time, I still laugh to death when I hear Steffi say that.

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:36 AM
thinking about it who actually said I do anything to win in 2001?

Nobody's Perfecc
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:37 AM

Nicely put. :worship:

And Fingolfin is the REAL King of the Noldor. :p

Chance
I want to read Jenn's whole interview before I comment...

Damn I just don't believe the amount of criticism Justine is getting... it seems like, I like the 3 most hated players.
Kewl ;) :D

harloo
Yep. Serena is the only one who can PROVE that Justine used gamesmanship against her. The others donīt really have much evidence.

They play her tournament after tournament, they will have a better asessment that someone's who's on the outside looking in.

Justine is a good actress. She's fooled alot of folks. She may have the #1, but the Oscar goes to:

Mrs. Justine Henin-Hardenne

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:38 AM
thinking about it who actually said I do anything to win in 2001?

Who is that??

BTW I got the tape of the Venus/Steffi semi from Miami 99.
:tape:

treufreund
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:38 AM
you people actually believe all this conspiracy crap. I mean puhleeze it was easy to see against Myskina that Justine felt very bad. antibiotics are working and I have had sinusitis many times and can tell you that once it begins to heal, 24 hours in the recovery phase can make a huge difference.

capriati should just blame herself for getting so out of shape so fast after the US Open that she is now injured. I like Jennifer but the fact is that she does whine and curse and bitch a ton. She really looked plump to say the least and even without her injury there is no way she was gonna beat a pumped up justine on that kind of slow hard court.

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Jenny prepared more for her tanned look than her tennis, so obviously she has only herself to blame for her injury.:yawn:

Jenn's mouth is injured as evaaahhhhh.:haha:

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Who is that??

BTW I got the tape of the Venus/Steffi semi from Miami 99.
:tape:

remember a player complaining about grunting after 11 years of playing each other?

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:43 AM
remember a player complaining about grunting after 11 years of playing each other?

Capriati??

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:44 AM
of course, she said it right after the match.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:44 AM

Hahahahaa!!! No, it is just that decimals were TOO high that day!! :lol:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM
and Jennifers mental state is too low that day.:haha:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM
of course, she said it right after the match.

Where??

Nobody's Perfecc
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:46 AM
But you fav always kills me with the:" Are we here to play tennis or are we going to chit chat?!" :lol: Classic!!

Eventhough I was a Hingis-fan at the time, I still laugh to death when I hear Steffi say that.

When did Steffi say that? And to whom?

irma
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:46 AM
san diego 2001

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:48 AM
what day/time irma???? :lol:

harloo
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:49 AM
I will agree that Capriati looked overweight and unhappy out on the court. She was injured and had on cheap make up. She should of been prepared for Justines mind games. It's not a conspiracy either. Justine knows what she is doing when she mysteriously calls for a trainer and recovers so quickly. Alot of players have called her on it, but JUSTINE is a BEAST(not an animal, but someone who will do ANYTHING to win) even forsaking morality in the process.

The comment is funny at best, but I hope Jen gets her head together and stop focusing on the obvious. It's a given that Henin's gamesmanship has become questionable, so I don't know why she had to state the obvious.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:49 AM
And to complain about MONICA! BAD BAD!! and when did she do it?! After a loss! When she won in Australia the same year, it wasnīt bothering at all!

Juju #1
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:50 AM
You people are boring...When Justine has some problem and you can see that on court, then she is faking. When she doesnt have a visible problem, like today, then she looks too healthy and she has recoverd too fast.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:50 AM
you people actually believe all this conspiracy crap.

Yes...!!! :tape: :tape:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Jenn's just being herself; a consistent sore loser.:sad:

azza
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Jennifer :)

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:52 AM
I will agree that Capriati looked overweight and unhappy out on the court. She was injured and had on cheap make up. She should of been prepared for Justines mind games. It's not a conspiracy either. Justine knows what she is doing when she mysteriously calls for a trainer and recovers so quickly. Alot of players have called her on it, but JUSTINE is a BEAST(not an animal, but someone who will do ANYTHING to win) even forsaking morality in the process.

The comment is funny at best, but I hope Jen gets her head together and stop focusing on the obvious. It's a given that Henin's gamesmanship has become questionable, so I don't know why she had to state the obvious.

True dat...!!! :lol:

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:54 AM
You people are boring...When Justine has some problem and you can see that on court, then she is faking. When she doesnt have a visible problem, like today, then she looks too healthy and she has recoverd too fast.

And, your point is...??? Once a "faker" always a "faker"...!!! :tape: :tape:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Venus faked her injury as well....will your rule still stand when it comes to Venus eh????:haha:

Tratree
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Here's a portion of Jen's interview around the quotes in question:

Q. Jennifer, it looks like Justine will end the year at #1. I was wondering if you could talk a little bit about her game this year.

JC: She has had great results. And she is a great player. And that is really all I am going to say.

Q. Jennifer, would you expect from - you know how she played last night at midnight. She was sick. She played two and a half hours. She played a lot better tonight than she did last night. Did you expect that?

JC: Just seems like that is what you should expect now. I have never seen anybody recover as fast as she does. You know, she plays pretty good for all these things that are bothering her.

Q. Do you want to go deeper into that?

JC: No.

Q. Do you think she deserves to be the #1 player?

JC: Well, she has won two grand slams, so it appears that way, yeah.

Q. Do you think she uses her time outs in a tactical way?

JC: I have not comment on that.

Q. What kind of shot do you give yourself against Myskina?

JC: Well, I just found out that I will play in the afternoon tomorrow. So I mean, I don't know. Myskina - she is really tough too. And I know that I will have to do a lot of running. And basically tomorrow is going to be giving it all I got because, you know, if I lose it, that is it. There is no change. So it is basically all out tomorrow. And whatever happens, happens.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:58 AM
You tell them Jen!! :lol:

Astro Jetson
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:00 AM
The facts:

1) Ausopen qf vs. Lindsay: got cramps -> time-out
2) Ordina open final vs. Kim: fell -> RETIRED
3) San Diego final vs. Kim: blisterbandage shifted -> time-out
4) Championships vs. Anastasia: fever caused by the flu -> time-out

I'd like to see a comparison with other players actually.

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:02 AM
Jennifer, whenever she is losing in a match, she calls for a trainer, shout at the ball boys, umpire, etc....complain after losing...very consistent indeed.:D

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:03 AM
The facts:

1) Ausopen qf vs. Lindsay: got cramps -> time-out
2) Ordina open final vs. Kim: fell -> RETIRED
3) San Diego final vs. Kim: blisterbandage shifted -> time-out
4) Championships vs. Anastasia: fever caused by the flu -> time-out

I'd like to see a comparison with other players actually.

You forgot the US Open semis even though she didn't take a timeout, she made it clear to everyone that she had cramps.

persond
Venus faked her injury as well....will your rule still stand when it comes to Venus eh????:haha:

And, when old wise one did Venus "fake" an injury...??? Don't come up in here lying to justify Henin-Hardenne...!!! I like that..."Justilying"...:haha: :haha:

bandabou
I donīt really think that Justine is faking her injuries or something...she DID look weakend during her Myskina match. At the Open, you could notice that her movement was lacking during the latter stages of the match, donīt know if it was cramping or not.

tennisluver99
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:04 AM
Why is anyone surprised by Capriati's comment.
She always comes up with excuses after she loses.
"Lights were too bright, I can't play at night, audience is too loud, babies crying, blimps flying, That ball was so far out, my opponent's grunts distract me, stupid rain delays, she didn't win I lost....." Am I forgetting anything.

Juju #1
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:05 AM
And, your point is...??? Once a "faker" always a "faker"...!!! :tape: :tape:

My point is that I don't care what you and people like you are saying.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:09 AM
I donīt really think that Justine is faking her injuries or something...she DID look weakend during her Myskina match. At the Open, you could notice that her movement was lacking during the latter stages of the match, donīt know if it was cramping or not.

badabou, she's just such a "good actress"...!!! :tape: :tape: Maybe Serena should watch out, or she'll be taking roles from her too...!!! :tape: :tape:

Chance
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Why is anyone surprised by Capriati's comment.
She always comes up with excuses after she loses.
"Lights were too bright, I can't play at night, audience is too loud, babies crying, blimps flying, That ball was so far out, my opponent's grunts distract me, stupid rain delays, she didn't win I lost....." Am I forgetting anything.

:lol: :haha: what about phone ringing but
I think Anna said that last comment.

well at least Cappy has learned to say no comment... see Jennifer has matured ;) :tape:

Tratree
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:10 AM
A couple of things from tonight - Jen's comment was in no way a major part of her press conference. She didn't come in saying she lost because Justine faked injuries or something. She said she wasn't able to move, which was obvious to anyone watching the match. Her difference in mobility from Wednesday night was enormous. Jennifer just doesn't let balls go by...she at least gets a racket on or near anything on the court and tonight she couldn't. She was in a good deal of pain as well. I was about ten feet from her when she hit an error that gave Justine a 5-1 lead in the first set and Jen pulled up right after hitting the ball and was in obvious distress. All of the photographers noticed it. I was surprised she didn't call the trainer after that game. That being said, she also gave great credit to Justine playing well. She said her lack of mobility combined with Justine's great play was a tough combination.

As far as the whole Justine/medical issue, she's pretty much the laughing stock of all the press here because of her dramatic timeout last night when she was down 5-0 with the cast of ER checking her out and then she proceeded to reel off seven games to win the set. Everyone pretty much knows the score with her, so don't think it's just Jennifer bringing this up. EVERYONE is saying it, Jen just had the cajones to say what we were all thinking.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:11 AM
My point is that I don't care what you and people like you are saying.

And, like I really give a shite...!!!...???...??? :lol: :lol:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Yeah....but the thing is that it is the other competitors who have to take advantage. For Myskina yesterday, there was one way to know if she really was ill: make her RUN! Corner to corner, come in, etc...but instead Myskina kept hitting in the middle and stuff.

Same with jen at the Open. Go for the lines, make her run...if she was really cramping, she wouldnīt have lasted. But no they both got tight and lost. They are damn fault!

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Juju is taking those timeouts at precisely the right time to throw off her opponent. Her opponents shouldn't let it affect them though, so they are at fault. Is it gamesmanship?? Yes. Should her opponent blame her for losing, no.

JackFrost
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:18 AM
O my, why do I ever look into this kind of threads.

Jenny is in a bad mood, when she loses, that was ever that way and it will ever be that way.
No need to dramatize her interview. That was the poutful kid Jenny again.

persond
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Juju is taking those timeouts at precisely the right time to throw off her opponent. Her opponents shouldn't let it affect them though, so they are at fault. Is it gamesmanship?? Yes. Should her opponent blame her for losing, no.

You know, Knizzle, what her opponents should do, is to really "tap that azz when she pulls shite like this...!!! Run that bitch for all she's worth, that would stop her from trying it again...!!!

Chance
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:22 AM

Just a reminder Justine DID NOT take an injury time out at the USOPEN against Jen.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:26 AM
Just a reminder Justine DID NOT take an injury time out at the USOPEN against Jen.

I said that before.

Chance
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:35 AM
lol sorry about that, didn't mean to be an echo...

Hurley
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Do you guys mean she used a medical timeout when she had SINUSITIS?? :o :o :o

Fake disease, that. Like ADD or herpes.

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:47 AM
And, when old wise one did Venus "fake" an injury...??? Don't come up in here lying to justify Henin-Hardenne...!!! I like that..."Justilying"...:haha: :haha:
winning GS title has made Venus a very respectable champion but prior to this, she's the same as Capriati being a sore loser herself.:haha:

the good thing about Venus is that she has matured whilst Jenny, who's one of the oldest on the tour thinks like a 16 year old bitch. :worship:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:50 AM
winning GS title has made Venus a very respectable champion but prior to this, she's the same as Capriati being a sore loser herself.:haha:

the good thing about Venus is that she has matured whilst Jenny, who's one of the oldest on the tour thinks like a 16 year old bitch. :worship:

Venus a sore loser?? When??

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:55 AM
whenever Venus is losing a match before she would always ask for the trainer.:yawn: I've witnessed this several times. she can't accept defeats before and would always say she has beaten herself.

She felt injured at Indian wells and poor Serena has to be the shock absorber.

you are a blind follower if you have not noticed this.;)

anyways, the vital thing is Venus has improved to a respectable champion after winning a GS title.:bounce: Happy???? :p

Lady
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Justine took medical time ous at 5-2, not at 5-0

And she asked for the trainer at 5/1 when Myskina was serving, and it was probably gonna be the end of the 1st set

nygirl
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:23 AM
As far as the whole Justine/medical issue, she's pretty much the laughing stock of all the press here because of her dramatic timeout last night when she was down 5-0 with the cast of ER checking her out and then she proceeded to reel off seven games to win the set. Everyone pretty much knows the score with her, so don't think it's just Jennifer bringing this up. EVERYONE is saying it, Jen just had the cajones to say what we were all thinking.

I will never understand why people feel it necessary to generalize their opinions as in EVERYONE thinks this or that. Am I to believe that you KNOW EVERYONE that is there, you know everyone in the audience etc :rolleyes: ??

And unless you're a sportsjournalist yourself that has access to what goes on in that little world that is the WTA you're in no position to say she's the laughing stock of all the press :rolleyes:

I've read several articles about her match against Nastya and I didn't see her being described in such a way to make her 'a laughing stock'.

Try to speak only for yourself and stop making stupid generalizations: 'Oh I think she's a faker so everyone must think that...' :rolleyes:

@Knizzle: you posting only part of the interview (the part that could be misconstrued by some of the idiots here) speakes volumes :rolleyes: and the title of this thread is insulting to Capriati. She behaved like the champion she is and did NOT come accross as sour or whatever.

I saw the interview and Jen's comment, in the context it was said, was meant more as a compliment then anything else. She gave Justine more then her due and Jen did not sound as a whiny little brat as some of you have been stating.

maryjane
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:35 AM
I agree with jen and she's saying what everybody thinks in the circuit...at the beginning of a tournment henin has always s/t wrong but she wins and morever she wins close matches as vs myskina...
OMG henin is getting a hero for me,the super-woman....!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH!!!

maryjane
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:46 AM
moreover if u really all the reports from the match,by foxsports or cnn,they started with the same sentence about henin's health...i mean,they show the same right perplexity of jen...

Trish101
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:38 AM
i just think that Justine played too well this night. Jennifer couldnt move half as well as she needed too, but thats besides the point. I have to give credit where its due. Jen doesnt often lose 6-2 6-1...but i guess she is really under the weather, goodluck tommorrow Jen, hopefully youl have more movement!

(i think she will retire)

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:52 AM
JenCap may not be a whiney little loser but a few other people are. ;)

Go Juju!

Linzi
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:41 AM
She's so immature for her age Capriati. You would think at this age she would just keep away from these kinda comments but no...

nubienne954
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:06 PM

:haha: :haha:

My sentiments exactly, although until Jenn gets back in shape she's a noncontender.

Shuji Shuriken
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Call me silly, but I think the only justifiable criticism of Justine's gamesmanship was at the French Open :confused:. I like her less because of that, but people need to move on :).

gweeny
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Maybe Justine although she appears strong gets weak really easily. I think most athletes have similar illnesses, it is just that Justine over-dramatizes her illnesses.
I agree that capriati is bitter. Justine is clearly better than her. And Capriati even if Justine is injured or sick, should focus on HER game, and beat the "sick-injured" one.

Julian
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:05 PM
You know you can't really blame Jennifer for what she says. Just look at how she was raised?? lol But she has matured IMO..I mean I would have thought that after her breakdown loss to Justine at the USO that she would have quit tennis altogether. But no she picked herself right up and is still playing tennis. But I for one dont see anything wrong with what Jennifer said..I mean it IS true..with all those injury timeouts Justine has called and then ending up always winning the match is questionable. But that shows that either a timeout does indeed make her feel better or if she is of course what a lot of you people say..she is faking. I'm hoping it just makes her play better and with all these tennis players complaining I dont see why it can make them paranoid when they are leading a match against Justine and expecting a timeout! :D Yesterday Jennifer was just completely outplayed and if she had an injury she should have called for the trainer. I know that she might be flamed by fans on this board by double standard but hey! If that timeout can cause her to win then a win's a win! Justine is smart to call those injury timeouts. Fake or no fake.

lizchris
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:23 PM
Jen's statement is so funny, but yet true. :lol:

I Agree with you.

As much as I find Jennifer hard to take sometimes, she is on point.

I'd like to believe that Justine was sick and unable to practice and I know Jennifer was injured and that was a small factor in her loss (I said she was going to lose from the beginning), but I have my doubts.

gorecki
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:52 PM
i'm glad no one [player/fan] ever dared to question Steffi's sinus problems, bone spurs and wrist/shoulder/back/knee injuries... :p

CanadianBoy21
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Everybody so far has claimed that Justine is a little thief. Eventhough Jen did not directly say it, she made it perfectly clear. Jen is right though, who can recover from a flu AND a three set match at the same time so quickly.
Serena said that Henin was fabricating (and who could deny that, hell, Henins own coach couldn't)
Others:
Kim
Jen
Leo
Anastasia
sure their is more

Just deal with it. Henin is #1, yes, but she definitely has cheated numerous times this year.
I do not know why it is so hard to confront for the Henin fans.

CanadianBoy21
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:20 PM
read between the lines.
She said she never saw anyone recover as Henin did. Jen was not born yesterday, she knows what to say so she can sneak out of it later.

Nemesis
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:29 PM
``I've never seen anybody recover as fast as she does,'' Capriati said. ``She plays pretty good for all these things that's bothering her.''
Cappy, Cappy ... Everybody knows that Justine has Mother Nature and Father Sky on her side, doing wonders for her this year :p

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:58 PM
I don't think anyone can conclude from this match that Justine was fully recovered. Jennifer just didn't play good enough to challenge Justine, not even a not completey recovered one. If Jennifer wouldn't have been injured and in a better shpae, she would have given justine a tough match and then we could have seen if Justine was fully recovered. Drawing conclusions from this match about Justines recovery is nonsenses.

maryjane
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Cappy, Cappy ... Everybody knows that Justine has Mother Nature and Father Sky on her side, doing wonders for her this year :p

yeah,ur right,this is the true!
:haha:

nubienne954
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Capriati being diplomatic is proof that something smells to high heaven about the amazing recoveries during matches that Justine has. If Capriati were in better shape it would be harder for people to say her implied criticism is more than sour grapes.

Ballbuster
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:11 PM

It's called doping. Why you think she won't play FedCup. They will test her and find it.

Ryan
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:13 PM
It's called doping. Why you think she won't play FedCup. They will test her and find it.

How mature. I guess forcing yourself to believe this helps you sleep at night.

scarlett retsel
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:15 PM
How mature. I guess forcing yourself to believe this helps you sleep at night.
Those people usually sleep outside in cardboard boxes... he may need the help.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:18 PM
In unrelated Capriati news, I hear she and the Williams sisters were getting along well now and she said they helped her pick nice outfits to wear on the runway so she would look good.

shap_half
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:21 PM
I actually thought that Justine called for the trainer in the Myskina set because she thought the first set would be over after 5-1. And she called them just to verify that she could indeed play at a more aggressive level. She's playing slowly in the beginning of the first set and perhaps she thought that she would play with more fire in the second and since she was so close to losing the first she would call the trainer to verify her well being. I thought it was just a precautionary method. She probably knew she wanted to give it her all to win the next two sets (since she must have thought she was on her way to lose the first) but she didn't know if it would be wise so she called the trainer just to make sure everything is kosher.

That was my take on the Myskina match.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:25 PM
I actually thought that Justine called for the trainer in the Myskina set because she thought the first set would be over after 5-1. And she called them just to verify that she could indeed play at a more aggressive level. She's playing slowly in the beginning of the first set and perhaps she thought that she would play with more fire in the second and since she was so close to losing the first she would call the trainer to verify her well being. I thought it was just a precautionary method. She probably knew she wanted to give it her all to win the next two sets (since she must have thought she was on her way to lose the first) but she didn't know if it would be wise so she called the trainer just to make sure everything is kosher.

Then she could have called at the end of the set. I think calling the trainer is a psychological thing for Juju. I guess she needs to get checked out to reassure herself she is alright and can play and also to get a break to kill her opponents momenum and regroup.

beckermeister
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:26 PM
People who live in glass houses should not cast stones.....:rolleyes:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:26 PM
In unrelated Capriati news, I hear she and the Williams sisters were getting along well now and she said they helped her pick nice outfits to wear on the runway so she would look good.

Cool! Vive le amistad!

for-sure
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:27 PM
I don't understand why there is so much fuss about Justine using 'injury time outs' I mean, not only is she perfectly allowed to under the rules but it is also the goal of a trainer to make a player feel better, to allow them to play better.

So I don't understand why everyone (including the players) are so shocked, when after coming back from an injury time-out Justine plays better.

There have been plently of players who have won matches with major injuries (Graf, Davenport, Venus). Maybe Justine is just THAT good, and players don't like it.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Cool! Vive le amistad!

Everyone seems to be getting along well these days except for, well, you know......;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:28 PM

Do you even read what you are writing?! If she knew she was losing it, then wait AFTER the set then! Your theory is blah blah! NOW youīre letting it look like it was indeed gamesmanship.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Everyone seems to be getting along well these days except for, well, you know......;)

sshhh! Donīt tell NOBODY!! :lol:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Do you even read what you are writing?! If she knew she was losing it, then wait AFTER the set then! Your theory is blah blah! NOW youīre letting it look like it was indeed gamesmanship.

I just said the same thing about the set. It's just very suspicious to take a timeout at 5-0 down and come back to win the next 7 games. It's almost as if Juju planned to comeback and win the set after the timeout.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Indeed....it clearly disrupted Myskinaīs rythm.

Astro Jetson
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:39 PM
It's just very suspicious to take a timeout at 5-0

She took it at 5-2.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Yes and? You expect her to plan to not comeback and lose?

No, of course she should try to win. I guess what I meant didn't come out right. I was trying to say that she planned to take the timeout to throw Myskina off and regroup to comeback.

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:41 PM
She took it at 5-2.

Well that changes things in my eyes, I didn't know that. Someone here said she took it at 5-0. In that case she was already on the comeback trail, so Myskina should be even more embarrassed.

minboy
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Actually she asked t trainer at 5-1, and the trainer was supposed to treat her at "6-1", as anastacia 'should' have served the set out. Blame myskina for chocking, not justine

ico4498
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:43 PM

funny!

for-sure
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:44 PM
I think it would have been a better time for justine to take an injury time out at 3-0 or maybe even 4-0 down...not 5-0. If anything it could have cost her the set.

Mercury Rising
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Actually she asked t trainer at 5-1, and the trainer was supposed to treat her at "6-1", as anastacia 'should' have served the set out. Blame myskina for chocking, not justine
Ahhh the sound of reason, far to be found with the haters.

Mercury Rising
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Indeed....it clearly disrupted Myskinaīs rythm.
The poor thing, if only she was more experienced...

jenny161185
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:01 PM
jen and serena/venus getting along??? Are you sure knizzle? though thats good to hear - Come back next year jen fit and strong!

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:04 PM
jen and serena/venus getting along??? Are you sure knizzle? though thats good to hear - Come back next year jen fit and strong!

Well, Jen participated in Serena's fashion show so.....

Everyone seems to be getting along well, save for.....well you know. ;)

JackFrost
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:50 PM
No, of course she should try to win. I guess what I meant didn't come out right. I was trying to say that she planned to take the timeout to throw Myskina off and regroup to comeback.

Ok, but seriously...should Henin-Hardenne ask her opponents, whether it suits them, if she took her injury timeout now?
Tennis is an egoistical sport. Every player is concerned in the first line about their own sucess and not, if the other players love them. Well, maybe some player do concern, if people love them...but they doesnīt win grand slams.

Jennifer's wife
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:58 PM
:haha: Tell it like it is Jenny! :devil: :worship:
Henin's injuries against various players have been dubious all year. How does someone suffering from cramping and put on a re-hydration drip go on to win the USO? :unsure:

*imagining Kimmie and Cappy comparing notes on Henin somewhere in the corner of a dark smokey bar...* :D

M7910
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Let me explain to you people who have never had an injury to your hip,you can go side to side easier then you can go forward and backwards,it dosen't matter you lose the quick 1st. step or 2,it doesn't matter what what you key board jockeys think.I seen the way,Capriati, was having trouble moving. Justine,was having no trouble breathing at all. HOWEVER, the next time she gets behind she will cramp,have trouble breathing,or get dust in her nose,a bug in her eye,any thing to get the other player off track.What,Justine, needs; in the words of Red Foxx, IS FIVE ACCROSS THE LIPS, it would do her a world of good. Thinks

M7910
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:00 PM
Let me explain to you people who have never had an injury to your hip,you can go side to side easier then you can go forward and backwards,it dosen't matter you lose the quick 1st. step or 2,it doesn't matter what what you key board jockeys think.I seen the way,Capriati, was having trouble moving. Justine,was having no trouble breathing at all. HOWEVER, the next time she gets behind she will cramp,have trouble breathing,or get dust in her nose,a bug in her eye,any thing to get the other player off track.What,Justine, needs; in the words of Red Foxx, IS FIVE ACCROSS THE LIPS, it would do her a world of good. Thinks

Jennifer's wife
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:06 PM

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Before I get into this discussion: did Jennifer really make these comments? what's the source??

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Before I get into this discussion: did Jennifer really make these comments? what's the source??

Her post match interview.

JustineTime
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:44 PM
To my fellow Justine fans: Certain, uh, persons in here simply hate on Justine and will continue to post negative incendiary tripe about her. I recommend you put them on ignore and move on. ;)

It amazes me that that some of you ignoramuses are so lacking in tennis knowledge that you equate injury timeouts with cheating. :rolleyes: If it was cheating, injury timeouts would not be allowed. DUH!

RG/Serena: Justine did NOT use gamesmanship! She did what she did because she was irritated with Serena, not to gain a tactical advantage. Poor sportsmanship, yes, as I've said before, but gamesmanship, no, and there is a difference.

Myskina match: I've watched the match and could clearly see in Justine's eyes that she didn't give a rip whether she won or not. But she's not a quitter, so she just took deep breaths(through her mouth! :rolleyes: ) and played as best she could. I was LMAO at Myskina, because tired as she was, Justine was coming up with some amazing shots. But she WAS clearly exhausted and looked absolutely wiped out.

Last night against Jen, Justine was absolutely ON! She served brilliantly, never facing a break point, and as I've said before on a number of occasions, her return game is way underrated. Jen was indeed hampered in her movements, and I noticed a number of times she gave up on balls that a healthy Jen would have at least gotten a racquet on, and maybe even hit a winner. Justine said after the match that she felt fresh, and so far as I know, her health last night at least was never in question. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In conclusion, I find it hilarious that you Justine haters seize upon the comments of Jennifer Capriati of all people to support your anti-Justine ravings :haha: , a player who has exhibited some of the worst sportsmanship on a consistent basis that women's tennis has seen since RG '99! :rolleyes:

Could it be that perhaps what is really bothering Jen is that she was unable to browbeat the chair ump into overruling a good call as she did in Flushing a few weeks ago? :confused:

Juju_fan
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:47 PM
To my fellow Justine fans: Certain, uh, persons in here simply hate on Justine and will continue to post negative incendiary tripe about her. I recommend you put them on ignore and move on. ;)

It amazes me that that some of you ignoramuses are so lacking in tennis knowledge that you equate injury timeouts with cheating. :rolleyes: If it was cheating, injury timeouts would not be allowed. DUH!

RG/Serena: Justine did NOT use gamesmanship! She did what she did because she was irritated with Serena, not to gain a tactical advantage. Poor sportsmanship, yes, as I've said before, but gamesmanship, no, and there is a difference.

Myskina match: I've watched the match and could clearly see in Justine's eyes that she didn't give a rip whether she won or not. But she's not a quitter, so she just took deep breaths(through her mouth! :rolleyes: ) and played as best she could. I was LMAO at Myskina, because tired as she was, Justine was coming up with some amazing shots. But she WAS clearly exhausted and looked absolutely wiped out.

Last night against Jen, Justine was absolutely ON! She served brilliantly, never facing a break point, and as I've said before on a number of occasions, her return game is way underrated. Jen was indeed hampered in her movements, and I noticed a number of times she gave up on balls that a healthy Jen would have at least gotten a racquet on, and maybe even hit a winner. Justine said after the match that she felt fresh, and so far as I know, her health last night at least was never in question. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In conclusion, I find it hilarious that you Justine haters seize upon the comments of Jennifer Capriati of all people to support your anti-Justine ravings :haha: , a player who has exhibited some of the worst sportsmanship on a consistent basis that women's tennis has seen since RG '99! :rolleyes:

Could it be that perhaps what is really bothering Jen is that she was unable to browbeat the chair ump into overruling a good call as she did in Flushing a few weeks ago? :confused:
Couldn't have said better!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:48 PM
wonder whats gonna happen if Jen wins today

Justine's reply will be interesting ;)
how on earth is it possible for her to win after getting only 3 games vs Henin and looking like a pensioner with a bad hip ???

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:51 PM
this is really a lack of sportsmanship of Jen. She just played really BAD yesterday!
Usually jen and justine produce the best matches.
Justine didn't even need to be fully recovered to win easily and I am sure that was because of jen being not 100% healthy. No need to give such comments, completely unjustified... I expected better from Jen... this is a big dissappointement for me...

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:51 PM

So when you are irritated with someone, you should purposely throw your hand up in the middle of their serve and then act as if you haven't done anything and get upset with your opponent for RIGHTFULLY asking for another serve??

I guess all players should make a note of this and use it the next time they are irritated with an opponent. :rolleyes:

Fedcup
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:52 PM

What point of complaining for her?

Players are going to start blaming Henin now cause she takes an injury time out the match she played before??? :rolleyes:

Is Capriati a top player? When she start a match against whoever you should be prepared to play a healthy player whatever has been said before??? Btw if you turned it that way what must Myskina think now. Yesterday you couldn't play and on this moment it's still on serve 4-5???

Damned. Justine can not doing anything right those days.
People are going to start even blaming her cause she plays tennis

I think it's a very sad period for her and all her fans :sad: :sad: :sad:
This is going out of proportion. And I'm sure this is going to have an affect on Justine. Early signs -> look at the semi UO. She didn't dare to take injury time out. Btw Miss Capriati that was against you.

JustineTime
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Knizzle, we've had this discussion, at length, and I said it was poor sportsmanship on Justine's part. What more do you want me to say??? :confused:

Knizzle
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Knizzle, we've had this discussion, at length, and I said it was poor sportsmanship on Justine's part. What more do you want me to say??? :confused:

You still seem to think that she didn't do it in an effort to win that match, and she did.

JustineTime
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:03 PM
You still seem to think that she didn't do it in an effort to win that match, and she did.

I see no reason to think otherwise. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one, Knizzle. Sorry! :)

Rothes
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
I don't find anything wrong with the statements, there obvious and are fact, anyone should be in agreeance with these terms.

Im suggesting Jennifer said them out of pure curiosity, how she finds it interesting that Henin had flu/fever/cold yet was unable to win so Easy, I think thats where Jennifer finds curious.

Atleast this did no effect Jennifers Game Play, but winning so easily after stating you wern't feeling all that great, and been able to win so easily with such a large margin of score, I would be a little curious as well.

Fedcup
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:11 PM
And what should Myskina say now? Imagine she has the same attitude as Capriati.
"Oh my GOD I don't understand that a player who couldn't run yesterday and took an injury time out just took the first set against me. That's not normal. I think Jennifer will agree on that with me !!!!!!!!"

WF4EVER
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:30 PM
It seems a lot of people still have a lot of trouble handling Justine's success. Whether it was gamesmanship or poor sportsmanship at RG we should stop blaming that incident for Serena's loss because it wasn't. She was beaten plain and simple. Get over it already.

And it's more than just a little funny that Capriati should complain about Justine's recovery. I suppose I would too if I was beaten 2, 1 by a player who played 36 games the night before, while recovering from a fever/cold.

Now Jen, who could barely move last night against Justine is giving Myskina just about all she can handle and may even win this match. Huh? Go, Jen!

Frankly I think Jen's bitterness is streaming down from her friendship with Kim. She's taking sides, IMO, without having suffered from any of Justine's so-called tactics.

I say shame on any tennis player who allows herself to lose to anyone regardless of that opponent's illness or physical complaints. Go out and play your game and screw whomever you're playing and whatever ailments she's complaining of! But when you lose don't blame her.

Justine has been amazing this year. That's the bottom line. So if you're a fan of Serena, Jen or Kim, move on already. RG is gone, the USO is gone and soon the YEC will be gone. Just look forward to the new season.

Whether you like it or not, Justine is three million dollars richer and win or lose in 2004, no-one can take that away from her.

Please no more sour grapes.Make that your New Year's Resolution.

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:32 PM
I don't find anything wrong with the statements, there obvious and are fact, anyone should be in agreeance with these terms.

Im suggesting Jennifer said them out of pure curiosity, how she finds it interesting that Henin had flu/fever/cold yet was unable to win so Easy, I think thats where Jennifer finds curious.

Atleast this did no effect Jennifers Game Play, but winning so easily after stating you wern't feeling all that great, and been able to win so easily with such a large margin of score, I would be a little curious as well.

did you even see the match?? :confused:
Jen was just a shadow of herself. Justine didn't need to be fully recovered to beat Jen this easy

Trish101
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Jen will win against Myskina and then have to face Justine again...i just hope she doesnt double bagel her...ugh

topspin
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Here's a portion of Jen's interview around the quotes in question:

Q. Jennifer, it looks like Justine will end the year at #1. I was wondering if you could talk a little bit about her game this year.

JC: She has had great results. And she is a great player. And that is really all I am going to say.

Q. Jennifer, would you expect from - you know how she played last night at midnight. She was sick. She played two and a half hours. She played a lot better tonight than she did last night. Did you expect that?

JC: Just seems like that is what you should expect now. I have never seen anybody recover as fast as she does. You know, she plays pretty good for all these things that are bothering her.

Q. Do you want to go deeper into that?

JC: No.

Q. Do you think she deserves to be the #1 player?

JC: Well, she has won two grand slams, so it appears that way, yeah.

Q. Do you think she uses her time outs in a tactical way?

JC: I have not comment on that.

Q. What kind of shot do you give yourself against Myskina?

JC: Well, I just found out that I will play in the afternoon tomorrow. So I mean, I don't know. Myskina - she is really tough too. And I know that I will have to do a lot of running. And basically tomorrow is going to be giving it all I got because, you know, if I lose it, that is it. There is no change. So it is basically all out tomorrow. And whatever happens, happens.

From this extract of Jen's interview, it seems highly possible the interviewer was trying to get Jen to comment on specific questions about Justine which would have have definitely drawn her into controversy.

Jen's answers of "I would not comment on that" and "No" suggest she may have been avoiding to be baited into saying something negative about Justine for this very reason.

Why else would she say "She won two grand slams" to the question, "Do you think she( Justine ) deserves to be the #1 player"

AND

her response, "She has had great results. And she is a great player. And that is really all I am going to say" before the question about Justine's health?

It looks more and more Jen was trying not to answer any questions which would involved her in some kind of conflict or controversy.

starr
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I wonder what Myskina is saying in this third set. :)

destry
Nov 9th, 2003, 03:38 AM
As far as the whole Justine/medical issue, she's pretty much the laughing stock of all the press here because of her dramatic timeout last night when she was down 5-0 with the cast of ER checking her out and then she proceeded to reel off seven games to win the set.

The cast of ER :D That whole scene was pretty comical, especially the blood pressure part - I've been looking for a photo of that

BTW, I'm not knocking Justine, it looked like the trainer was the one insisting on taking her blood pressure - it's just that I have never, ever seen that happen before out on the court - the commentators had never seen that before, either, and seemed a bit bemused by it.

Martian KC
Nov 9th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Guess what, Justine is year end number one and that's all that matters!:D

justine&coria
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:11 AM
From this extract of Jen's interview, it seems highly possible the interviewer was trying to get Jen to comment on specific questions about Justine which would have have definitely drawn her into controversy.

Jen's answers of "I would not comment on that" and "No" suggest she may have been avoiding to be baited into saying something negative about Justine for this very reason.

Why else would she say "She won two grand slams" to the question, "Do you think she (Justine) deserves to be the #1 player"

AND

her response, "She has had great results. And she is a great player. And that is really all I am going to say" before the question about Justine's health?

It looks more and more Jen was trying not to answer any questions which would involved her in some kind of conflict or controversy.

yes, you're right : though i think jennifer shouldn't have said that she's surprised at the way Justine recovers fast.

Anyway, there are not only some players or their family who are willing to 'show' justine's a cheater/faker ("show" isn't the right word, but i don't know how to tell it) . Some interviewers always bring out the fact that there's always a possibility in a match for justine to cheat/fake.
It's very sad !!!

Allez Joosteen
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:44 AM

And here I thought that Jennifer had emotionally recovered from their U.S. Open semifinal. I reckon the devastation has had a lingering effect. :tape:

Rothes
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:00 AM
did you even see the match?? :confused:
Jen was just a shadow of herself. Justine didn't need to be fully recovered to beat Jen this easy

Yes I did Katrientje, I saw the match, and to which I realise Jennifer was away with the Fairys, I wasn't talking about how the game went though, Im was discussing the ethics behind Jennifers Comment in relation between the health of Justine.