tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:31 AM
:eek:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Yep...Kim is a bit off today.

ys
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:33 AM
Why would you even expect Kim to give her 100% here. She is already qualified, and 43 bonus points wouldn't get her #1.. So, maybe it makes sense for her to save energy for semis .. against new #1..:)

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:34 AM
she just lost her no.1 ranking, so understand her feelings.:tape:

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:42 AM
if Kim loses Chanda is out :sad:

ys
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:44 AM
If Kim loses, Mauresmo finishes year as #4 ( unless Myskina or Jennifer win the whole thing ) and with all probability will get the 4th seed at AO..

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:44 AM
Yep...Kim is a bit off today.

she started the match so well, but now she doesn't seem to find away to finish points.
amélie gets everything back

skanky~skanketta
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:45 AM
Lets Go Kim!!!

azza
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:47 AM
:speakles:

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:47 AM
:eek: :eek: What a killer volley to save the first BP

Mattographer
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Allez Amelie! :)

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:48 AM

What? who? what happened? lol

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:51 AM
That was a KILLER volley indeed and now it is Kim in charge!

gladysharon
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Go Momo!

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:04 AM
5-3 kim in second :)

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:06 AM
5-4 Kim, please hold now Kim

katrientje
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Amélie is breaking down again. she just can't finish it against Kim

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Yes! Kim 6-4

Let's go Kim!! She's officially first in the Red Group :D

Now win the match cause I would prefer if Chanda advanced ;)

Margie-Anal Cyst
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:15 AM
O, Amelie. Poor, fragile Sapphist.

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:17 AM
ys, has it ever crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe Kim LIKES playing tennis and winning tough matches ?
Not everyone has a Kafelnikovian attitude.

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:19 AM
If Mauresmo wins this set, and Dementieva wins, I think Mauresmo would still be #1 finisher, because she'll have h2h advantage over Kim.
If Rubin wins, and it's a three way tie, then #1 is Kim, and #2 is between Momo and Rubin depending on how many sets they've won/lost.

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:23 AM
If Kim wins, and Rubin loses, then there will be three finishers with a 1-2 record. But Mauresmo would have the advantage of sets won.

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Actually according to Eurosport if Kim wins then Amelie is eliminated..no matter what Chanda does..they would have the same record (if Chanda lost) and they go to head-to-head..which Chanda wins over Amelie.

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:27 AM
That might be true. I understood though that if it was a 3 way tie (Dementieva would 1-2 also) that it goes to sets won-lost.

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:28 AM
I mean, Dementieva would lead the h2h against Rubin, so why wouldn't she qualify? But of course Momo beat Yelena, so then she should qualify? Its a paradox. ;-)

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:28 AM
At this point I think it's pretty much mass confusion lol :p I'm not sure what's true anymore :confused:

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:29 AM
from Eurosport:

07:23 Mauresmo holds her sevr despite having Clijsters hot on her heels!!

07:21 Mauresmo begins to show signs of frustration!! Is she loses she is out. Even if Rubin loses her match against dementieva that would put them with two loses and one win each and then it will play on the head-to head and Rubin beat Mauresmo on day 1!!

07:19 Mauresmo overhits her return of serve and Clijsters confirms the break.

07:15 Clijsters opens up the score with a break after a stunning set of forehands!!!!

07:12 The third and final set is underway.

07:10 Mauresmo came back from 40-0 but Clijsters closed the set in her last set point thanks to an overpowered shot by Mauresmo.

07:05 Very few unforced errors on both sides!! Mauresmo serves out to love and the quality of tennis in this match is incredible!! Nearly all the points are won with winners and they are having a blast out threr pushing each other to get better and better.

07:03 Great angles and top spin by Clijsters. A solid love game as she takes a 5-3 lead. She makes it look so easy!!!

07:00 Mauresmo reduces the deficit to 4-3 with a nice service game.

06:53 Clijsters gets nervous and overpowers her return to give Mauresmo a break point......she saves it with a very angled forehand.......ADV Clijsters with a netted service return by Mauresmo.......and a great passing shot to close up the game and confirm the break.

06:49 A great break to love by Clijsters who has kicked in the overdrive!!!

06:47 Clisjters brushes aside a break point to level the set.

06:41 Mauresmo is still rock solid and she closes her service game with a blistering smash.

06:37 Mauresmo takes command of the match as she holds serve and sets herself up with a break point....but Clijsters holds on to the point with a winning forehand......AVD Clijsters after a wide shot by the Frenchwoman.......Mauresmo's final shot is long and Clijsters holds serve to level the second set.

06:31 The second set is underway.

06:29 Mauresmo breaks quickly to take hold of the first set after a laps of concentration by Clijsters.

06:25 Clijsters sets up the winning passing shot to grasp a break point....Mauresmo saves it with a strong serve......Clijsters nets her return of serve and it's ADV Mauresmo.......Mauresmo holds serve as Cljsters nets her return.

06:21 Kim makes a set of strong passing shots to hold serve.

06:19 Mauresmo confirms the break by holding her serve despite some feisty moves nby Clijsters.

06:14 Mauresmo makes a nice return of serve to grasp a break point......Clijsters falters with a long shot and Mauresmo breaks back.

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:29 AM
Actually according to Eurosport if Kim wins then Amelie is eliminated..no matter what Chanda does..they would have the same record (if Chanda lost) and they go to head-to-head..which Chanda wins over Amelie.
Eurosport is wrong. :p
Chanda MUST win. If she loses, Elena has 1-2 as well so sets will count and Amelie has the best record there.

In reality of course, it looks unlikely that Chanda will let that one go.

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:30 AM
YEs I don't pretend to know the answer

I believe that's what Eurosport said -- I just don't understand how they would decide which of the three to take unless they used the sets w-l

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:31 AM
For detailed analysis of the group read this ;)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=93150

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Thank you Godom!

If Amelie loses, I hope Chanda wins, but having been a fan of her for a long time, I think she's often missed the best opportunities.

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Bad Eurosport :p Misleading me..pfff

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:34 AM
3-2 for Kim. Amelie´s chances are dropping with the minute!

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:36 AM
amelie has actually won more points right now (78-77) but she doesn't seem to be having any success breaking Kim's serve. She needs to dig deep.

SerialKiller#69
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Go Kim!

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Amelie is done for the YEC.....but this was another TREMENDOUS match!

Margie-Anal Cyst
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Is anyone watching it? Is it true that Amelie slapped Kimmie at the net at the end?

BasicTennis
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:55 AM
07:52 A huge match from both players and a shame to see Amelie Mauresmo out of the tournament!!!!!

07:52 Clijsters saves it with a huge crossed forehand DEUCE......ADV Clijsters, after a long shot by Mauresmo..... and Clijsters does it after Mauresmo nets her forehand!!!!!! GAME SET and MATCH for Kim Clijsters!!

07:51 15-0 a great forehand by Clijsters......30-0 a long shot by Mauresmo.......30-15 a faild drop shot by Clisjters.....30-30 as Clijsters misses her forehand......30-40 break point Mauresmo as Clijsters misses her bakchand!!!

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Slapped?! No...they embraced at the net and it was really cool. Sportsmanship all the way.

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:57 AM

Someone want to be a darling and describe it for the poor unfortunatly coverage deprived fans ;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:02 AM
It was an UNBELIEVABLE volley! Amelie had a backhand that was at the ground, so Kim had to dive to the ground and laid it perfectly over the net. It was an almost IMPOSSIBLE shot....after that Kim cruised to match victory and Amelie never could really get a dent in Kim´s service games.

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:05 AM
It was an UNBELIEVABLE volley! Amelie had a backhand that was at the ground, so Kim had to dive to the ground and laid it perfectly over the net. It was an almost IMPOSSIBLE shot....after that Kim cruised to match victory and Amelie never could really get a dent in Kim´s service games.

I CAN'T wait to see that :D :eek: :bounce: Damn you Belgian television :fiery: I still have to wait 6 hours or so :rolleyes:

Kim diving :hearts:

GoDominique
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Someone want to be a darling and describe it for the poor unfortunatly coverage deprived fans ;)
At 3-6 1-2 15-40, Kim approached the net on Amelie's backhand, Amelie played a really good crosscourt backhand so Kim had to play a very deep backhand volley which looked impossible to do but Kim managed to play a perfect volley dropshot.
That really was the turning point.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:08 AM
AMAZING and of course had some sliding forehands...that were almost LAUGHABLE, because you couldn´t believe that the ball would come back in such manner.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Damn. I had my hopes up when I saw the thread title.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:09 AM
Hahahhaa...you´ll have to wait till the finals.

Hawk
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Thanks guys I appreciate it :kiss:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:12 AM
U R welcome, mate.

kim4eva
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:17 AM
Thanks bandabou :kiss:
I can't believe I missed this amazing match! :o

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:21 AM
If you live in Belgium, make sure to watch it tomorrow. Great stuff! Should have been a semi or something.

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:40 AM
If you live in Belgium, make sure to watch it tomorrow. Great stuff! Should have been a semi or something.

Tomorrow :eek: Nono...coverage is bad here indeed...they will show it today though ;)

They said Kim had a great reaction when she won....did she do the deerlike Venusdance? :eek: :D

kim4eva
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Tomorrow :eek: Nono...coverage is bad here indeed...they will show it today though ;)

They said Kim had a great reaction when she won....did she do the deerlike Venusdance? :eek: :D

Yeah...what reaction did Kim do when she won? Can someone do a short report for us poor non-coverage peoples? :wavey:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:52 AM
Hahaha...the poor souls! After she won she and Amelie had a very sister-like hug. Think Serena and Venus like. Kim was REALLY REALLY happy and pumped up. She jumped all over the place, hitting balls in the stands and stuff.

I think that was the kind of match she needed to wake her up for the real work in the semi´s and further.

switz
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:53 AM
good results for chanda. all she has to do is beat elena now to ensure herself a spot

tfannis
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Hahaha...the poor souls! After she won she and Amelie had a very sister-like hug. Think Serena and Venus like. Kim was REALLY REALLY happy and pumped up. She jumped all over the place, hitting balls in the stands and stuff.

I think that was the kind of match she needed to wake her up for the real work in the semi´s and further.

ah thanks....:hearts: Kimmy :hearts: Conquering our hearts once more before the off season :worship:

*liana*
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Slapped?! No...they embraced at the net and it was really cool. Sportsmanship all the way.

Yeah, the embrace at the net was really nice. Definetely great sportmanship! Although I wanted Kim to win, I felt bad for Amelie 'cuz with the way she played she deserved more.
I agree with everyone else: if you have the chance to watch it, watch it 'cuz it was an amazing high standard tennis match between two good sports. (IMO best match of the YEC so far)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:59 AM
my pleasure...anything for a Kim-fan! ;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:01 AM
Yeah, the embrace at the net was really nice. Definetely great sportmanship! Although I wanted Kim to win, I felt bad for Amelie 'cuz with the way she played she deserved more.
I agree with everyone else: if you have the chance to watch it, watch it 'cuz it was an amazing high standard tennis match between two good sports. (IMO best match of the YEC so far)

Yep! That´s the way all matches should end...two competitors still friends with each other.

You´re right. For quality through-out the match this is the best match so far. Never was sure who was gonna win.

*liana*
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:06 AM
Yep! That´s the way all matches should end...two competitors still friends with each other.

You´re right. For quality through-out the match this is the best match so far. Never was sure who was gonna win.

You're right.Although KIm won, Amelie was the one with the most chances. At 5-4 (KIm serving for the match) 30-40, I thought this match could go either way, never was sure who was gonna come out the winner.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:09 AM
You're right.Although KIm won, Amelie was the one with the most chances. At 5-4 (KIm serving for the match) 30-40, I thought this match could go either way, never was sure who was gonna come out the winner.

Exactly....this match was never over till it was over. Kim produced some UNBELIEVABLE balls to save all those breakpoints and Amelie too had some BRILLIANT points to keep it that close.

I´m telling you. This match should have been a semi at least!

kim4eva
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:15 AM

Kim is so so sweet :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Amelie's nice too :angel:

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:20 AM
always welcome.

Gabra
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Congrats KIM :bounce:

Kim won just one point more that Amelie :eek:

Hagar
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Kim was really pumped up and she's been playing fantastic tennis so far.
She just wants to win this darn tournament and I am sure she does not give a fiddling fart about the number 1 ranking for the moment.

ans
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:24 AM
my pleasure...anything for a Kim-fan! ;)

:eek: What happened to ya?? :p

Linzi
Nov 8th, 2003, 10:29 AM
That was a great match. I was a bit hesitant to get up at 5.00 in the morning but it was worth it. You lot are right about that volley, it was one of the best ive ever seen. I was disappointed for Amelie but i like Kim too. Good to see the sportsmanship at the end.

Come-on-kim
Nov 8th, 2003, 11:46 AM
A really good match and actually at the net I think Amelie said Kim in the ear "bats-toi" which means "Fight"

Cilla
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Amazing match :worship: Well done to both. The best match of the YEC.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:13 PM
:eek: What happened to ya?? :p

I saw the light! :D

Wimanna
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Wowww....great match idd!!!!! Well done Kim :yippee:

Daniel
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:47 PM
KIm :D :D :yeah:

Maggie&MomoFan
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Great job kim. But Amelie :sad: i really tougth you were going to win at 6-3 2-1 15-40 but you disapoint, o well you play great tennis and i still love yo and i hope yuour into the semis!!!

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:55 PM
That´s the next step for Amelie: becoming CLUTCH! She has the game, but she isn´t clutch yet.

SJW
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:04 PM
brilliant match!

great play by both players, that Kim volley, and some of those Amelie backhands were unbelievable!

all the way to the title Kimmy :hearts:

ans
Nov 8th, 2003, 08:51 PM
I saw the light! :D

Apparentely ;) Good boy.

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Apparentely ;) Good boy.

Thank you, miss! Always pay attention to what teachers tell me to do!! :D

ans
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Thank you, miss! Always pay attention to what teachers tell me to do!! :D

It depends on the teacher. I'm a good one. Children tend to listen to me. ;)

bandabou
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:25 PM
I know and that´s why you are my FAVOURITE one from Belgium!! :D :angel:

jenny161185
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:57 PM
I wsh had of won - she should be achieving so much more in her career :(