PDA

View Full Version : Sugiyama Out of Contention at WTA Championships

lizchris
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:22 AM
As I predicted, Ai lost to Anastasia in straight sets and is down 0-2, 0-4, so she was eliminated from advancing to the semifinals. Tomorrow, she can play spoiler and upset Justine and possibly prevent her from advancing to the semifinals, but I don't think that will happen. Ai is also one match away from moving into the top ten. If she loses tomorrow to Justine, as I expect her to, Venus will end the year at number 10.

*hingis_forever*
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:23 AM
:sad: Still a great year Ai!

G_Slammed
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Good.

Tired of watching her grinnin' and bowin'.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Poor Ai. Still, she's had a great year.

~KKman~
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:28 AM
As I predicted, Ai lost to Anastasia in straight sets and is down 0-2, 0-4, so she was eliminated from advancing to the semifinals. Tomorrow, she can play spoiler and upset Justine and possibly prevent her from advancing to the semifinals. Ai is also one match away from moving into the top ten. If she loses tomorrow to Justine, as I expect her to, Venus will end the year at number 10.
never expected her to go past RR anyways.....
however, she is still one match away from TOP 10,
and when she makes it......believe me....
all hell will break lose...:D:D:D:D

Reichen
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Ai...that's 3 matches in a row-

6-3 5-1 lead over Mauresmo, 3 match points
against Capriati, 4 set points in 2nd set
4-1 lead over Myskina in 1st set

Kuilli
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Ai :sad: But awesome year! :D

lizchris
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:32 AM
never expected her to go past RR anyways.....
however, she is still one match away from TOP 10,
and when she makes it......believe me....
all hell will break lose...:D:D:D:D

If Ai is to get to the top ten, it won't be here. As sick as Justine is alleged to be, I can't see Justine losing to AI.

azza
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:32 AM
:)

mishar
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Too bad Ai! :-( But great year! :-)

What if Jennifer wins tonight, then loses to Myskina, and Justine beats Ai? Who advances? All three would have a record of 2-1. I guess it depends on the set score?

lizchris
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Too bad Ai! :-( But great year! :-)

What if Jennifer wins tonight, then loses to Myskina, and Justine beats Ai? Who advances? All three would have a record of 2-1. I guess it depends on the set score?

I think the two people who lost the least amount of sets would advance. From what you are saying, Justine and Jennifer would probably still advance.

kim4eva
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Ai :sad:

vs1
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Ai's had a great year and I am so happy for her. Even to be competing in LA...it's exciting!!! I hope she makes it to the top ten. I'm a huge Venus fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ai in the top ten. When Venus comes back in 2004, she'll rock the tour...so this is Ai's chance to get into the limelight a bit longer! :)

Kart
Nov 8th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Ai :sad:, still great year :yeah:. Hope you can get into the top ten next season :)

Sammm
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Ai :sad: Great year :)