PDA

View Full Version : Your tennis results and stuff

Darop.
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:28 PM
In this thread, post ur personal tennis results and satisfactions :worship:
I'm an italian C3, i dont know how much tha would be for americans and stuff.

I have played some quallies into minor satellites, but with no success...:sad:

I started competitive national tennis @ 12 years old, even tho i lost every match back then :p
I have a one handed forehand and a 2 handed backhand, my backhand is usually very flat, while my forehand is usually topspinned.
I love attacking but my game is actually based on defense, i love defending, and hitting crazy winners in defence.

How about u?? :worship:

tennisIlove09
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:30 PM
I just play for fun, but this fall I had a great run of 11-1.

I could post the scores if you'd like

W 6-0 6-1
W 7-6(4) 6-2
W 6-2 6-1
W 6-0 6-2
W 4-6 7-5 6-4
W 3-6 6-2 6-1
W 6-4 7-6(5)
W 6-3 6-4
L 4-6 3-6
W 6-2 6-2
W 7-5 6-2
W 6-2 4-6 7-5

Darop.
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:38 PM
4-6 7-5 6-4....

I love that score, it feels so great to have been so close to losing, then u win! :)

I hate when i lose with that score tho, its so depressing and i get so pissed off...:sad: :mad:

salima
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:45 PM
When my youngest daughter wantet ti play tennis, I let her win in the beginning, but after some weeks it was impossible for me to beat her.
So I still wait for my first win :sad:

((whispering.... I am better in other sports)) :angel:

Fantastic
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:02 PM
I'm an ITN 5. I've yet to beat anyone ranked higher than that. But I will one day!

Xian
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ive played many years junior tournaments in Austria with some success (beat Stephan Wiespeiner when we were 13, who now has an ATP raking). I was on several training camps in Croatia where I met for example Lovro Zovko and other players. I stopped training 3 years ago when I was 17. I started to train again this year and played one tournament in Austria but lost early :sad:

ghosts
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Xian, whz did you stop with tennis?

Xian
Nov 8th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Beside tennis I was an alpine skiier and both sports were too expensive so I decided to quit tennis, but it was the wrong decision imo cause I wasnt that successfull in skiing

tennisIlove09
Nov 8th, 2003, 06:58 PM
4-6 7-5 6-4....

I love that score, it feels so great to have been so close to losing, then u win! :)

I hate when i lose with that score tho, its so depressing and i get so pissed off...:sad: :mad:

I was actually down 6-4 5-1, and I saved 1 match point :D

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:03 PM
I played a tournament a week ago on clay, and two weeks ago on carpet:

Clay Tourney:

1ST: W 6-4, 6-1
2ND: W 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
QF: L 6-0, 6-1 (I really suck at clay)

Carpet Tourney:

1ST: W 6-1, 6-2
2ND: W 6-2, 6-4
QF: W 6-0, 6-0 (My first double-bagel of the season)
SF: W 1-6, 7-6(6), 6-2 (I twisted my ankle in the first at 2-1 him)
F: W 6-2, 6-2

2ND Tourney of the Season :woohoo:

This was a co-ed tourney though, but the thing is the girl I met in the final destroyed all the guys.

I'm a much better person on fast surfaces (i'm all power baby :p) then on slow surfaces, although i can still win its only because the other person makes errors)

selesfan1
Nov 8th, 2003, 07:05 PM
I used to have a sectional ranking, I was better than a few people in those particuar rankings . I haven't played a competitive match in about a year and a half. I hope that this winter I will be able to work on my fitness and hopefully some indoor practice. But mostly I want to work on the fitness. I have had more success in doubles as my ex playing partner and I got 4th place finishes at a couple of highschool level tournaments.

Darop.
Nov 8th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I have no more touranaments for the rest of the year...:sad:

Oh well, i really need some time to top off my serve and get rid of my grunt :p
Some people get pissed off cuz they "cant hear the ball hitting my strings" :rolleyes:

Does anyone grunt when they play tennis?

Xian
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Im pretty loud on court cause when I started to play tennis Thomas Muster was my idol ;)

Veritas
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:22 AM
How long did it take you pros to learn how to serve? I started playing tennis when I was 9 (quit when I was 13 - schoolwork started raining down on me in bucketloads)...but no matter how hard I try, I never managed to learn how to serve properly. The best I could do was a lollipop :o One of the main problems I had was the ball toss. It was either too low, too high, too back, too forward/sideway, etc.

So how did you guys learn how to serve?

azza
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:32 AM
I play team comp A4 and these are my scores thus far

W 6-4
L 6-7(4)*

Down 4-5 30-40 saved 1 match pt but still fucking lost :mad:

azza
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:36 AM
I have a one handed forehand and well a one handed and two handed backhand ( prefer one handed on the run and one handed in genrel ) started tennis at age 10 started playing comp when i was 12 i have a really good 1st serve and i uusally just kick the 2nd serve and i have a great one handed backhand and excelent forehand

My Volleys :o :help:

slice
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:51 AM
i have a double-handed forehand (which is actually a left-handed backhand grip) where i can play basically neshot, hard and flat, moonball and of course, slice, :p, and i have the same backhand grip as well, which is kinda weird i guess, mainly topspin and a bit hard, but i love da slice on this shot :p

here's my 4hand 4 those itnerested :)

cheers

DA SLICE

Vincent
Nov 9th, 2003, 12:02 PM
My last tournament result:
R1 6-4
R2 6-2
R3 6-1
QF 4-6

Although I lost in the Qf, but i still felt very happy for my R4 match, my serve was incredible, totally 9 aces!:eek:

Shedevil
Nov 9th, 2003, 02:33 PM
lol Dario, catchy thread name :p
do badminton results count as well? :devil:

Darop.
Nov 9th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Lol fine shedevil but just cuz i love you :kiss:

Azza, only 1 set matches??
Nice pic da slice!! :hearts:

Serve is pretty easy when u put it to the basics.
Its very important to throw the ball ahead of you and to put all your wait on the ball, and hit the ball at the highest reach point.

tennisIlove09
Nov 9th, 2003, 07:43 PM
How long did it take you pros to learn how to serve? I started playing tennis when I was 9 (quit when I was 13 - schoolwork started raining down on me in bucketloads)...but no matter how hard I try, I never managed to learn how to serve properly. The best I could do was a lollipop :o One of the main problems I had was the ball toss. It was either too low, too high, too back, too forward/sideway, etc.

So how did you guys learn how to serve?

What do you mean? You can't get it in the box, or you can't hit it hard?

I've always been able to get it in the box...my first serve % is always very high. Speed just comes with practice.

Do I grunt?

Rarely. The only time I grunt is when I run down a ball and hit it. But for every shot, not.

pReUrBrIyN
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:07 PM
I'm going to play another tournament today. Hard court I believe, I'll keep you posted.

And I only grunt btw when I really want a point. And I alyways smack my first serve and second serve, probably why I usually have 20-30 DF's in one match :eek:

Darop.
Nov 9th, 2003, 08:19 PM
LoL chanda, i had the same problem up till 12, i was pretty dumb, then my coach nocked some sense into me and i started developing spin serves.

It would make no difference if i hit the ball slow or fast, if it had to go out it would have, if u get what i mean :p

I always had problems with my serve, but its good now, tho my best shot is 4hand, tho i LOVE to hit good angles

slice
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Lol fine shedevil but just cuz i love you :kiss:

Azza, only 1 set matches??
Nice pic da slice!! :hearts:

Serve is pretty easy when u put it to the basics.
Its very important to throw the ball ahead of you and to put all your wait on the ball, and hit the ball at the highest reach point.

thanks mate :wavey:

skanky~skanketta
Nov 10th, 2003, 04:55 AM
i have a bad 1st sreve and a worse 2nd serve.
i return really well. one-handed forehand AND backhand.my forehand is pathetically weak and i'm experimenting with a 2-handed FH and 1 handed BH. its unorthodox, but now i have more power on the forehand.

last tournie
Singles: (indoor hardcourts)
W rd1: 6-3 6-2
W rd2: 6-4 6-2
W QF: 5-7 6-2 6-3
L SF: 3-6 6-4 2-6

i like all surfaces, i'm a good volleyer.

tennisIlove09
Nov 10th, 2003, 08:11 AM
My vollies are my weakest part of my game. I'm a baseliner...but I do come to net to put away over heads and swing vollies. I like the over heads more, because I miss too many swing vollies. But I like to let the overheads bounce.

Darop.
Nov 11th, 2003, 06:49 PM
:angry: OVERHEADS :angry:

Worst part of my game :( :sad:

I keep on hitting the ball behind me, i miss like 7/10...