PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Under achievers in the top ten

tennnisfannn
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Who do you think has and continues to under achieve in the top ten? For me that would be Venus and Jennifer. Venus has the game to have won more slams, titles and definitely spent more weeks at no.1
Jen too is so much better than a title or two a year. She should be winning 4 to 5 titles including a slam a year.

E. Blackadder
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Amelie & Jennifer

Linzi
Nov 7th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Amelie for sure. No slams, 1 slam final, 10 titles. All that talent, not much of a result.

pReUrBrIyN
Chanda & Jennifer

Lady
Amelie & Jennifer sadly

bandabou
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Amelie is waayyy up there and Jen as well. For such a hyped talent, her trophy-case is pretty empty.

RAA
Nov 7th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Amelie definitely.

I don't think Chanda is in there. for all her injuries she is probably an overachiever in actuality.

interesting about venus.. yes probably for her talent level she should have more titles.

jen too, in my HUMBLE opinion she's not up there with venus serena and justine in terms of the top tennis players in the world, but her title count is ridiculously low for a former #1 and 3-time GS winner.

DEETHELICK
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:41 PM
I don't think Jen and Venus have underachieved at all. These women have won Slams and been No. 1.

Yeah Jennifer could win more titles on a regular basis, but in terms of GS results and rankings, etc. she has really excelled.

Amelie and Elena D spring to mind. Amelie made a GS final and its true, she hasn't made another since. She is now 24 and time is ticking. She really has to get it all together and give one big push. 10 titles is pretty small for someone like Amelie who has the ability to win so many.

Elena D reached a GS semi-final and announced herself. She then fell out of the Top 10 for over 2 years. I feel she should have been wiser regarding her tennis and been a Top 10 stalwart by now and built on her Slam success.

Rubin, back in the day of 1996, maybe could have won a Slam. Injuries blighted her career. But being in the Top 10 now is a great acheivement for Chanda. In today's game she has performed to her maximum level as her weapons just don't bring her much success CONSISTENTLY against the very top. A few excellent wins, but nothing to really show for it.

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Amelie, dammit.

Fyndh0rnElf
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:32 PM
What underachievers? I see a few overachievers, though

billie_jean_king
Nov 7th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Jen has underachieved. She could have done so much more. Like be my sex slave. Of course, she still has the chance to achieve this, and I'd never turn her away.

Kart
Nov 8th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Probably Amelie but she is getting better and better. The problem is always injury. Ditto for Venus and Chanda. I don't think people can be classed as underachieving when they've not been fit to play for long periods. Also, they have still got plenty of time to achieve greater heights than they already have :).

Trish101
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Billie Jean, who are you kidding? your sick.

Im tired of your gross, classless, and rather disturbing comments. I hope you understand everyone thinks your a joke and rather tool'ish.

Your not fooling any of us, ESPEACIALLY ME; we are on to you. If you even cross the line between rude creepy ect ect to your long list, i WILL report you. Freak.

slice
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:03 AM
jen-she is such a good player :hearts:

Trish101
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:03 AM
^^^ i just wanted to comment to ones post; jen has trophies galore, she has many runner up trophies (30 something) and 60+ trophies (including Junior, Pro, Under 10 ect) in her cabinet, so i wouldnt start feeling sorry for Jennifer, shes doing just fine.

She could win a few more tier 1'a and slams, that i agree with.

-Sonic-
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:06 AM
For different reasons, I am gonna say Kim, Lindsay, Jen and Amelie. Thats a lot!

Amelie, I feel should be winning more smaller tournaments. She's doing good in the tournaments she enters, but because of her injuries etc I feel that she's better than 2 titles in a year. Same for Lindsay, she hasn't won one since February. Shes worth more than that.

Jen hasn't been majorly injured as far as I can remember (sorry if wrong!) but 1 title in a year? Also shes so much better.

And Kim, despite being right up there, you are good enough to have a slam. I'm not bashing her, but she's worth so much more than what she has, I am a big advocate of players playing many tier 1's and 2's, and well done for winning them, but Kim really deserves that icing on the cake.

azza
Nov 8th, 2003, 02:20 AM
Chanda Amelie

Maggie&MomoFan
Nov 8th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Sadly amelie which draws me to her for some reason. It seems like whenever she builds a great head of steam, she gets hurt or somthing terribly bad happens to her head with pressure. this year wimbledon injury, 01-- kandarr. i want her so much to put it togethere!!!