PDA

View Full Version : Anna's 2004 Schedule!

PointBlank
Nov 7th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Does anyone have it?

King Aaron
Nov 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Not yet. I think we'll know roughly what she'll play when the committments list are out for next year. I think she's going to play the 2 warm ups before the Aussie Open again. :)

oren987
Nov 21st, 2003, 07:22 AM
Well, Anna will start in ASB Classic - Auckland (Last year got to the semi final). Then Sydney- Australia.

Good luck :D

Nimi
Nov 22nd, 2003, 08:10 PM
Let's hope for a 2nd Auckland victory in 3 years, preferably over Kournikova again :devil:
And in Sydney, as it seems right now, Anna will be unseeded :eek:

oren987
Nov 22nd, 2003, 11:05 PM
Let's hope for a 2nd Auckland victory in 3 years, preferably over Kournikova again :devil:
And in Sydney, as it seems right now, Anna will be unseeded :eek:

I don't think that Kournikova will play in Auckland, But I do hope for that 2nd victory :)

Sammm
Nov 28th, 2003, 12:38 PM
I hope Anna S-P pulls out of Sydney and goes to canberra instead. The field is really tough, but it's only a tier 2.

PointBlank
Nov 28th, 2003, 04:33 PM
True!

Mikey
Nov 28th, 2003, 05:46 PM
I like Anna's choice of playing Sydney instead of Canberra. Most likely, she'd be the top seed at Canberra and it might be an easy draw. I like that she's challenging herself. After a week's warm-up at Auckland, an event that she's very comfortable with, it's nice that she's trying something new, especially in a difficult field. For most players, Sydney will be their first event, so it will be interesting to see how everything lines up.

I would assume that she knows she probably won't win the event, but I think that it would be good preparation for the Australian Open, where the competition is much more like Sydney than Canberra or Auckland.

King Aaron
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:57 AM
I like how Anna's scheduling her Australian season. Like what Mike says, Anna needs to challenege herself more and she has never had much success at the Aussie Open. Why not change things up and see how it goes? :)

PointBlank
Nov 29th, 2003, 10:31 PM
I would assume that she knows she probably won't win the event, but I think that it would be good preparation for the Australian Open, where the competition is much more like Sydney than Canberra or Auckland.

I think that is totally wrong! Any player needs to think she will win a tournament going into it , unless she will lose , you need mental strength the most ,I like hse knows she can win!

Mikey
Nov 30th, 2003, 02:28 AM
I'm saying my own opinion. Maybe she does think she can win.

But you can't honestly tell me that you think that Anna can beat the likes of Kim, Justine, Jennifer, and Lindsay all in a row, let alone do it with Venus and Serena in addition to all of those at the Australian Open.

King Aaron
Nov 30th, 2003, 05:22 PM
But you can't honestly tell me that you think that Anna can beat the likes of Kim, Justine, Jennifer, and Lindsay all in a row, let alone do it with Venus and Serena in addition to all of those at the Australian Open.

Stranger things have happened. :angel: :p

Mikey
Nov 30th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Yeah, name them all and maybe I'll believe you :p

JPhurst
Dec 1st, 2003, 08:59 PM
If Anna's going to take it to the next level, she can't go around competing at Tier V's. She's in the top 16, so there's no reason not to go for the tough warm up before the slam. Definitely the right call.

Mikey
Dec 1st, 2003, 11:46 PM
Thank you :) - Exactly what I said ;)

PointBlank
Dec 2nd, 2003, 12:37 AM
you always have to be right ;)

King Aaron
Dec 2nd, 2003, 01:27 PM
Not true. If Mike's right the whole time the world wouldn't be balanced! :p

Mikey
Dec 4th, 2003, 12:53 AM
I am right all the time. I don't have to be, it just is that way.

:p :angel:

PointBlank
Dec 4th, 2003, 03:01 AM
:lol:

King Aaron
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:27 PM
I am right all the time. I don't have to be, it just is that way.

:p :angel:
:haha:

Mikey
Dec 5th, 2003, 12:51 AM
What can I say :p

King Aaron
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Since you're right all the time, what's going to happen next year? :p

Mikey
Dec 5th, 2003, 04:32 PM
Anna will win the Australian Open, defeating Paola Suarez in the final :D

And then the world will end :p

oren987
Dec 5th, 2003, 05:39 PM
Anna will win the Australian Open, defeating Paola Suarez in the final :D

And then the world will end :p

:haha:

and I will be the prime minister of Israel the day that happens ;)

PointBlank
Dec 5th, 2003, 09:20 PM
No , I will be Prime Minister

Mikey
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Personally, I think the loss to Amanda does not have a correlation to the tournaments she plays. Amanda plays virtually the same ones, and she is not in the top 20 anymore - she doesn't have the same skill she once had.

The problem is not ability, but style. Anna has trouble with people that play like she does. Coetzer, who has more experience at playing the same game, has a hold over her in that she knows Anna's next move and is better at the gameplan. Anna needs to just take her time when playing people like that - as she's done against others like Cho and Sun.

My personal take on that though.

Mikey
Dec 6th, 2003, 12:22 AM
:lol: @ Oren and Jordan :p

King Aaron
Dec 6th, 2003, 05:07 PM
Anna does have problems with players that play the same style as she does. But I would like to point out that Tian Tian does not play the same way as Anna.

Sammm
Dec 20th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I think anna doesn't need to play Sydney, she just needs to perform in the slams. Her performances @ Wimby and new york were atrocious losses.